Jul

“5’9″ but she’s still my baby”

7 Responses to ““5’9″ but she’s still my baby””

1. 1 Anniebella
    July 10, 2010 at 6:52 am

That’s a proud Daddy watching his little girl grow up, but he’s letting her know that no matter how old she gets, she is and will always be his little baby. That is sweet. Beside his politics, I knew there was a reason why I like this guy. Bless you and your lovely family, Mr. President.

2. 2 vitaminlover
    July 10, 2010 at 6:59 am

Yes she is still his baby and he shows such unashamed love for both of his girls. Also, the affection that he shows Mrs. Obama is incredible and those little girls witness that daily. How wonderful!

3. 3 Anniebella
    July 10, 2010 at 7:00 am

When the President said that he didn’t have a teenager yet,but Malia had just turn 12 and someone from the audience yell “Good Luck”. They grow up so fast now adays. One day you remember the little girl who believe Daddy could do no wrong, now you are looking at someone who says Daddy is always wrong. But you still love them, and they will always be your baby, Daddy’s Little Girl.

4. 4 CR
    July 10, 2010 at 3:22 pm

5’9″!!! My Malia is shooting up in height! The Obama family and the Robinson family are really a great bunch of people!

Craig Robinson’s book “A Game of Character: A Family Journey from Chicago’s Southside to the Ivy League and Beyond” is a really good read!

5. 5 donna
    July 10, 2010 at 4:23 pm

AWWWWWWWW!

6. 6 Sharon
    July 10, 2010 at 7:24 pm

During his long 2-year campaign, he spent most of his time away from his family. They were very little girls when he started but grew like weeds (Malia particularly) during that time. In this clip he says that she is getting too big for him. This is what I think he meant. He missed a lot of their growing up and really wishes they were still little. Michelle recently said that Malia is very independent and doesn’t want anyone to help her with anything. I expect that when she is grown, their relationship will grow into a very deeply satisfying intellectual one–something he seems to relish in others. Sasha will always be a delight, but more on the impish side. That’s my predictions.

7. 7 Anniebella
    July 12, 2010 at 12:51 am

The comments that some of the people made about this over there at Politico is downright hateful. But that is what I expect from those people, they are full of hate, even sickos. I am surprise at Politico allowing such things to be said. But it will not change how I feel one bit. I think this was loving words from a pride, loving Father.

RSS Steve Benen