Oct

take a bow

Lynne Silosky, a niece of Staff Sergeant Robert J. Miller, curtsies with First Lady Michelle Obama during a meeting with Miller’s family in the Oval Office, Oct. 6, 2010. Later, during a ceremony in the East Room of the White House, President Barack Obama awarded Staff Sergeant Miller the Medal of Honor posthumously for his heroic actions in Afghanistan. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

12 Responses to “take a bow”

1. 1 graciouslady
    October 7, 2010 at 3:05 am

This picture is so heartwarming. How old is she, maybe 2. So gracious is Mrs.Obama to return the the little one’s curtsy.

2. 2 Eleroy
    October 7, 2010 at 3:17 am

Oh this is just so lovely!!!

3. 3 globalcitizenlinda
    October 7, 2010 at 3:20 am

very nice curtsy and the pretty frock and face to go with the gentile action of respect!! I wonder how it is that one so young learned this gesture and was not intimidated to demonstrate her knowledge and talent. says a lot about Sergent Miller’s family

4. 4 vitaminlover
    October 7, 2010 at 5:06 am

A little lady curtsying to THE Lady!

5. 5 Kelly
    October 7, 2010 at 1:37 pm

OMG I love this picture. I want to hug this precious baby girl. She must have practiced so many times. The little boy is too GQ in his suit, just like the Pres.

*The automatically related post thing at the bottom of this needs to be deleted. Its some republican slander stuff. Also proof of the non stop Republican negative memes out there being thrown in our faces. Makes me sick that, that stuff is what comes up when you search for President Obama news, updates, etc.

• October 7, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Hi Kelly, I think I found the setting for turning off those related posts – I certainly don’t want links to Teabagger bile on my blog! Let me know if they’re still showing up anywhere and I’ll check the settings again. Thanks Kelly.

6. 7 Chon
    October 7, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Too cute! May God bless the Miller and Obama families!

7. 8 Hachikō
    October 7, 2010 at 4:55 pm

Well she is the most powerful woman in the world. ;-)

Cute photo.

8. 9 Perry
    October 8, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I am so glad this sweet stuff goes on in the White House!

9. 10 Anniebella
    October 8, 2010 at 7:05 pm

What a wonderful picture of the First Lady with the little child. What a lovely first family. I just love and respect them so much.

10. 11 The Colbert Family
    October 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm

We had the privilege of knowing some members of the Miller family when they lived in Illinois. This was an amazing family where the parents taught their children to be honorable. Only a firm foundation of love and respect could have produced a hero like Rob Miller. The little one curtseying to Mrs. Obama is lovely. Thank you for printing it. It is a fitting tribute to Rob and his family.

• October 18, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Thank you so much for the message, I was really struck by the dignity and serenity of the Millers at the White House on what must have been a desperately painful day for the family. Rob sounded like an extraordinary human being, may he rest in peace. Thank you again.