12 Responses to “first black president?”

1. 1 Lexusv
    November 28, 2010 at 11:41 am

I love it! He takes you around the mountain, but he will get you to the whistle stop. This man knows how to play to his audience. Do you notice how Hillary looks at himn as he speaks. She was he competitor, but looks like she is looking at a friend. I think this is the way life should be with all people. Disagree without being disagreeable.

2. 2 Kelly
    November 28, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I am not able to watch this atm but I want to say. I personally never understood why people were willing to label Pres Clinton the “1st black President”. While serving our nation in the highest capacity he was a liar, a fornicator, a womanizer with deep seeded misogynist views. Hardly a family man, he smeared the oval office with his disgusting behavior, and most of all threw a poor young girl under the bus to protect his then tarnished image. Nothing about his behavior screams “black ” to me, unless crass, negative behavior means “black” in our society.

Anyways, I like our real 1st black President very much. President Obama exemplifies all the best of black men and actually all men.

3. 6 Sue in Minnesota
    November 28, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Kelly, I hear ya. Clinton’s sexual escapades aside, I couldn’t stomach his ability to look America straight in the eyes and still tell a bold faced lie. He seems to harbor some “professional” jealousy when it comes to our President. Maybe I am reading something into his demeanor that isn’t really there, but that’s usually my take away.

• 7 Thro67
      November 28, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Bill Clinton is most definitely jealous of President Obama, and I think he’s jealous of his wife, too. I think he loves it when the media compares him more favorably to President Obama, because then he feels relevant again. He should have just quietly continued his good work with his foundation, where he would have continued to restore his reputation. Now, his ego is getting the better of him, and he never hesitates to get in front of a camera and offer unsolicited advice to President Obama. I thought he was going to turn out to be a good source of advice and companionship for President Obama, but now I just think he just needs to go away.

• 8 EDP4BHO
        November 28, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Kelly, Sue, and Thro, you all are so correct. I really liked Bill Clinton as a president. I thought he was one of our more intelligent officeholders, but when he looked at me and lied, I tried to dismiss it as business between husband and wife, but it kept gnawing at me until I wound up losing respect for him, that he would lie. As for the affairs, I felt still that it was the business of he and his wife. If Hillary put up with it, oh well. As for him being the first black president, Toni Morrison said more recently that she meant it as a joke and a term of endearment…whatever! Bill Clinton is an egotistical jerk in the end. And he is condescending to President Obama and I still don’t think he’s gotten over Hillary being beaten, not for Hillary’s sake, but because he still wanted to function as the figurehead in another Clinton administration.

4. 9 CR
    November 28, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Pres Obama is gentle, sweet and diplomatic man with quick wit!

5. 11 Lovepolitics2008
    November 29, 2010 at 12:01 pm

I just love this clip. Candidate Obama responded to a “gotcha” question in a very diplomatic and classy way. He elevated the debate. He used the question to talk about something broader, giving a bit of historical perspective and talking about how people can bring change.

And then, he used a bit of humor to dissolve the tension.

This man is a natural diplomat.

6. November 29, 2010 at 2:20 pm

WE’VE GOT OUR FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT BY THE NAME OF BARACK OBAMA…NOW THATS REAL!!!!