Dec

have yours..elf a merry little christmas

The Obama family with a group of children dressed as Santa’s elves during a reception for Christmas in Washington, a charitable fundraiser and musical celebration of the holidays, at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC, December 12

Reminds me of one of the odder YouTube videos I’ve seen in my time:

Is he an Elfbagger?

:-|

23 Responses to “have yours..elf a merry little christmas”

1. 1 Hachikō
    December 12, 2010 at 6:39 pm

wow. wow. wow. wow. Is this the most beautiful first family every or what?! A wonderful visual feast.

Thank you, Chipsticks.

2. 2 Margie
    December 12, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Sweet, the girls are really getting tall.

3. 3 dotster3
    December 12, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Beautiful photos. I really like this Obama family and their adorable “selves”.

4. 4 EDP4BHO
    December 12, 2010 at 6:58 pm

This is a hot-looking family for sure, but I must say, Malia gets all the praise on being lovely, which she is no doubt. But look at Sasha growing into a very gorgeous little lady. The Obamas have 2 beautiful daughters. And Marion, mom-in-law in chief is no slouch either. Lovely.

• 5 Jessica
      December 12, 2010 at 7:31 pm

That’s funny. Sasha always gets the praise from my family and on most commenting sites I see.

But yes, both girls are exceptionally gorgeous and I absolutely adore their shoes and dresses.

5. 6 bjw2
    December 12, 2010 at 7:06 pm

OMG….isn’t this just adorable.

Look at the little elves….how precious.

6. 7 theo67
    December 12, 2010 at 7:07 pm

They all look great – very festive. And I love the pictures of Michelle attending to the little wee elf.

7. 8 Little Lulu
    December 12, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Okay, this may be the MOST ADORABLE PHOTO of the First Family EVER. How can any American look at this photo and feel threatened? How can any American look at this photo and not feel proud of this family of ours?

You know, I so vividly remember when this man took his oath of office. My cousin was on the National Mall weeping with joy and I was in L.A. raising a glass of champagne with the rest of my family and I felt RELIEF AND PRIDE AND HOPE. All at once, washing over me. The next day, that drug addict on the radio said this man should “fail” and it’s been nothing but hatred and fear and, now, more REPUBLICANS in power in D.C. to keep us all poor and miserable.

Republicans/Limbaugh/Beck, etc. make me feel like the country has recurring bouts of cancer of the soul. But then, I see some photos of my dear president and his wonderful family and that feeling of fear and misery disappears for a brief, shining moment. Thank God for sites like this to keep hope, love and pride ALIVE AND WELL IN AMERICA!

Thank you SO MUCH, Chipsticks!

• 9 theo67
      December 12, 2010 at 7:30 pm

So right. This family is so sweet and real.

• December 12, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Little Lulu, when you look with your eyes shut, some Americans are feeling very threatened by this beautiful family.

• December 12, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Hey Lulu, what a gorgeous post! I was shivering up high overlooking Pennsylvania Avenue that day….

….and only warmed up when I saw Bush’s helicopter leaving Washington overhead….

….the mixture of boos and then cheers, as he disappeared from view, that rose from the crowd was a joy.

And then, hours later, the Obamas’ motorcade appeared….

….and we hugged and danced and cheered because it was the greatest day of our whole damn lives.

I’ll never, ever forget how I felt that day. And I still feel the joy now. He’s everything and more I hoped he would be, a good, decent and thoughtful man doing the best job he possibly can, in the face of unrelenting hate from the left and right.

Pity the haters, they’re ugly inside and out.

• 12 theo67
        December 12, 2010 at 10:58 pm

This is a fantastic set of eyewitness accounts – Thanks!

• 13 CarolineAnna
        December 13, 2010 at 6:37 am

Thanks for sharing this, Chipsticks. It’s wonderful and absolutely agree with you!

• 14 majii
        December 13, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Chipsticks,

These pics are absolutely beautiful! Please, if you have more, please post them!

Those kids in the elf costumes are 100% precious, and they look like they were having a great time interacting with the First Family.

8. 15 Perry
    December 12, 2010 at 8:39 pm

You know…I think the people (those opposed to this family) are just JEALOUS!

9. 16 Hachikō
    December 12, 2010 at 9:55 pm

LMAO! OMG! Chipsticks, you’ve got me cracking up, girl! “Obama’s elf…” LOL! That’s priceless. I’ll go to bed with a grin on my face. Thank you. :-)

• December 12, 2010 at 10:07 pm

I have to confess, when I first saw that video I spent the next week loudly singing “OBAAAAAAAMA’S ELF”, which led my family to ask: “Are you, um, okay?”

“Sure,” I said. “So, err, why are you singing loudly about President Obama and an elf, like it’s a normal thing to do,” they asked.

Huh, families. Weird.

10. 18 Bea
    December 12, 2010 at 10:52 pm

The first family, look great all of the photo’s are beautiful. I’m so proud to be a American.

11. 19 Asher in Boston
    December 12, 2010 at 11:02 pm

Wow, what a beautiful family. A sight to behold.

12. 20 Titti
    December 13, 2010 at 7:27 am

Awww the lil elf had the best ‘seat’ in the house.

13. 21 Cathy
    December 13, 2010 at 7:34 am

New to your site and love the pictures and videos. I came via BWD’s site. The “Christmas in Washington” is on this Friday the 17th at 8:00pm on TNT. Found it last night on Directv to record after seeing your pictures yesterday! So just wanted to thank you for the heads up!

14. 22 achieve
    December 13, 2010 at 11:50 am

We have to focus on getting the truth out there, of what our President Obama has accomplished. We see now, that there are Democrats(Blue Dogs, who are closet Repubs, those who are closet racists), as well as Repubs, who want to see him fail.

We have to keep getting the word out. Let the people know the truth about President Obama. We have to be that louder voice.

Haters are going to hate. They have nothing else going for them.

15. 23 AnitaW
    December 13, 2010 at 1:01 pm

This looks like a great time. I watched last year and it was especially nice.

RSS Steve Benen