Jan

first lady

First lady Michelle Obama hugs Congresswoman Gabrielle Gifford’s husband Mark Kelly during President Barack Obama’s address at the “Together We Thrive: Tucson and America” event held to support and remember the victims of the mass shooting, at the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona, January 12

15 Responses to “first lady”

1. 1 vitaminlover
    January 12, 2011 at 10:25 pm

She is so empathetic, compassionate, caring. I see why Barack loves her so.

2. 3 Stylishgurl
    January 12, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I JUST LOVE Michelle Obama….That’s all.

3. 4 YesWeCan
    January 12, 2011 at 10:33 pm

She had tears in her eyes this evening. You could feel her pain. Such a beautifull, caring, compassionate women. The first thing the President did when he got back to his chair was hug his wife. What a beautiful couple. He memtioned in his speach “Do you tell your wife you love her, do you do it everyday?”

4. 5 majii
    January 12, 2011 at 10:37 pm

These pics are making me tear up. Just the compassion our FL conveys to Mr. Kelly with something as simple as a hug shows how much she cares. I was on PoliticusUsa a short while ago where someone posted a comment that the president did a lousy job, and that his visit to AZ was a photo-op for his 2012 campaign. Sad. I think many of the conservatives won’t heed the president’s words to reduce the violent rhetoric and start listening to each other more carefully. They’ll ignore him and take it up a notch. These folks don’t love our country the way they say they do.

• 6 EDP4BHO
      January 13, 2011 at 11:04 am

Most definitely he did a magnificent job, and that poster knows it and can’t stand the fact. People love to lie to themselves……it’s easier than facing uncomfortable truths. And I never believed the bs that most rethugs think POTUS is a muslim. Forcing oneself to believe that makes it easier to justify their resentment, jealousy, racism, bias, and moral failures.

• 7 Sue in Minnesota
        January 13, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I agree, many Republicans are grasping at false narratives and using them to cover for their own intolerance.

5. 8 P
    January 12, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Such a hugger! I adore Mrs. Obama what an inspiration she is to women of all ages!

6. 9 Eleroy
    January 12, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Mrs Obama is a wonderful First Lady!!! She was born for this role and for these times. I adore her and the President so!!!

7. 10 Sue in Minnesota
    January 13, 2011 at 12:03 am

Love personified. I love my FLOTUS. We re so blessed.

8. 11 Dakota
    January 13, 2011 at 12:29 am

I was very fortunate to have received one of those great hugs from the FLOTUS during the campaign. She is so REAL…down to earth. I KNOW she is feeling every bit of the pain that these families are feeling. My heart goes out to each and every one of them. Such class…such grace…such compassion. We are so blessed as a country to be represented by the Obamas.

9. 12 CarolineAnna
    January 13, 2011 at 7:17 am

I have no words for how much I admire and love Michelle Obama. The seems to good too be true.

10. 13 Sue in Minnesota
    January 13, 2011 at 11:37 am

Today, as a direct result of last nights memorial, a weight has been lifted. I don’t remember ever feeling so deeply impacted by a national tragedy…..in part because of my relatively recent investment in our political process…..which I attribute to our President. I am grateful.

11. 15 tsetse
    January 13, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I just love this Our First Lady! So real and genuine her hugs….. you just cant fake that. I JUST LOVE HER SOOOOO MUCH.