Jan

pam

The Arizona Republic: Smiling and grateful to be alive, Pam Simon, one of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’ wounded staffers, returned to the office Friday to heal in the company of her colleagues.

“It was really important to see the rest of my Giffords family. We are like a family,” said Simon, 63. “I think it’s part of the healing to circle back and to have the energy of friends and people who love us.”

Simon, who works as a community-outreach coordinator for Giffords, survived two gunshots, one to the wrist and another in the chest that traversed her body and lodged in her buttocks.

Full article here

Pam Simon sits with President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama in her hospital room at University Medical Center before Wednesday’s Memorial Service on Jan. 12

8 Responses to “pam”

1. January 15, 2011 at 9:46 am

So many heroes that day – like Bob.

I hadn’t heard about him and now the tears of gratitude for the amazing human spirit flow again!

2. 2 lexusv
    January 15, 2011 at 11:13 am

This is a great story of humanity. I love the emotional charge I get from these stories.

3. 3 Joy (Barbados)
    January 15, 2011 at 11:33 am

Just watched this. I cannot help but thinking that God does have a plan. I am sure that only good will come from all of this. It brought tears to my eyes.

4. January 15, 2011 at 11:48 am

Thanks so much for including this video of Pam Simon. I saw another clip of her on CBS where she spoke about how as a former teacher, she felt we need to do better at helping kids who are emotionally troubled. Boy do I agree. I posted a blog article about this which includes a video of how the Affordable Care Act helps the mentally ill.

• January 15, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Hiya WiS, I can’t believe I forgot to add your wonderful blog to the links on this site, just added it now – so sorry. Your post on mental illness was just superb, thoughtful and insightful, and your point about the importance of spreading the facts to counter the lies so, so true. Like you, I used to have “a sinking feeling in my stomach at days end” after reading all the misinformation and lies, that’s why it is such a relief to read blogs like yours. Also loved your post on ‘myths and moraity in healthcare’ –

Keep up the wonderful work.

5. January 15, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Whew boy this is something else! Just so powerful and inspirational! This woman is still filled with so much love and happiness. I would be a complete mess! I am so proud of these wonderful Americans!

6. 7 AnitaW
    January 15, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Very beautiful video. Pam is unbelievably strong. Thanks for posting this video.

7. 8 northanger
    January 16, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I saw her being interviewed the other day. She’s a remarkable woman. My thoughts and prayers for her continued healing.

BTW, just learned Commander Mark Kelly interview airs Tuesday, Jan. 18 at 10 p.m. EST on ABC. “The Congresswoman and the Astronaut: An American Story of Love and Strength”