Jan

two years ago…..

13 Responses to “two years ago…..”

1. January 20, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Oh how wonderful. I remember that day really the whole week of events. But the day President Obama was sworn in, I told everyone, my family, clients everyone, not to call or come by. Just leave me alone to enjoy all of the events in peace. I loved it. The day and the night. I also taped all of it. MSNBC and C-Span events. Every now and then when nothing is on TV I will watch some of the events, it always leave me smiling the whole time. :) Thanks for reminding us why we voted for President Obama.

2. 3 Theo67
    January 20, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Thanks for posting all these videos again, Chipsticks. I hope we never take it for granted that this man and his administration signed up to lead this country through some very tough time. We are blessed indeed!

3. 4 cjtown
    January 20, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Thanks for letting me relive one of the most memorable days of my life!

4. 5 meta
    January 20, 2011 at 8:08 pm

These are such fond, fond memories. Deeply emotional and profoundly hopeful, this was an experience of a lifetime. I will forever be grateful to be alive to witness this Presidency. The First Family has made me a better person. There is no doubt about that.

January 20, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Chipsticks, please reassure me that a body cannot expire from joy!!! As I look at the video I’m grinning like a cheshire cat, with my heart feeling really, really full. Man, I love the President, his family, and Vice-president Biden. I had forgotten most of this, except for the feeling of joy watching history unfold that day. At this political juncture, when some are having questions and doubts, these are just terrific memories to stir up; the ideal way to be fired up. THANKS!!! I notice the absolute joy on the President’s face, as well as his very black hair. If anyone has any doubt that the President takes his job seriously they need only look at his hair two years later. ;) Keep on rocking, Ms Chronicler – You ‘does’ good work. Thanks!

6. January 20, 2011 at 8:24 pm

I called into work January 20,2008 (close,very near death and what other invalid excuse I could think of). I sat in front of my TV all day, not believing what I was seeing. Tears, and more tears. I got to witness this monumental feat of this country. This was the work of our young people in this country. Most of them have not brough into all that bigotry of their parents and especially grandparents. If you look at the Republican Party/Tea baggers they are mostly white haired and over 60. Some very uneducated (spelling or those placards). Not all are that way, i.e., the Snowbilly for Wasilla. That’s mean, I should not have said that. Oh well, I now post the comment button.

• January 20, 2011 at 8:34 pm

You make me smile every time graciouslady – and there was nothing mean at all about “Snowbilly” ;-)

Wonderful memories, the greatest day ever. I just feel lucky that I was alive to see it.

7. 10 Asher in Boston
    January 20, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I remember that day, what a day? Got up early, had breakfast and sat infront of the t.v, no phone, no blinking or i cud miss a moment infact called in sick for an entire week.lol. Such fond memories.

8. 11 Theo67
    January 21, 2011 at 12:12 am

The inauguration speech is a work of art. The more you listen, the more you hear the poetry. The more stuff he gets done, the more lines we have to check off and shout “done”! Simply inspiring.

9. 13 CarolineAnna
    January 21, 2011 at 8:09 am

I still cry everytime I watch it. If it’s the parade or the oath of office – I just cry.

RSS OFA