Jan

another day, another crisis

President Barack Obama listens as he is updated on the latest events in Egypt during the Presidential Daily Briefing in the Oval Office, Jan. 31, 2011. From left are: Deputy National Security Advisor Denis McDonough, National Security Advisor Tom Donilon, and Chief of Staff Bill Daley. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

19 Responses to “another day, another crisis”

1. 1 Theo67
    January 31, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Funny, I don’t see any of the many people who have been second guessing the President either hearing or delivering the briefing. But, they know more than the President, without all the top secret information, clearly…

2. 2 proud of obama
    January 31, 2011 at 11:54 pm

So sick of the media, including Ed, Rachel and Lawrence, who are feeding the meme that this is President Obama’s fault, that he should “stand with the people” he should say this, he should say that. I wish they would just shut up! Rachel had a former ambassador to Israel on and she tried so hard to get him to go along with her “president should say this mess” but he would not agree with her and tried to educate her on how delicate this situation is. Ed even had one of his stupid polls asking if President Obama should stop sending aid to Egypt. As if this relationship with Egypt was put in place under PBO’s watch and has not existed for 30 years.

Well, I guess their corporate bosses gave them their marching orders and they are working hard to carry them out.

3. 3 EDP4BHO
    February 1, 2011 at 12:24 am

So now let us all return to “turning them off and tuning them out”, but do so with their knowledge that we are doing so. They will never be satisfied, they love to hear themselves talk stupid, and could never make it anywhere other than on the shitty cable tv gabfests they call news, which we all know hasn’t an ounce of credibility and takes little to no “edumacation” to produce other than being full of hot air……I sincerely can’t stand them anymore. I will follow this president’s progress on this blog, and will support him the way I’ve done in the past…..directly.

• 4 Chi
      February 1, 2011 at 2:23 am

I haven’t listened to or watched a single one of them in aeons and I’m so much happier and healthier for it…

Chip and BWD are doing an absolutely fantastic job keeping me updated and that’s pretty much all I need…

4. 5 VC prezOfan2
    February 1, 2011 at 12:31 am

Theo & P of O, I notice that I am far more relaxed now that I’ve stopped paying attention to these armchair presidents. Try it. We’ve got to ignore them in their echo chambers, and sift for the news ourselves; sites like this one, though few in number, really help. Frankly, I think they’ve been trying to get Gibbs, SOS Cinton and Axelrod to say something, anything, around which they can then build their news cycle. If the President/administration were to choose a side, then their job is so much easier because they can then lambast him later for being ‘wrong’ or waiting too long, or… whatever. They don’t have to share available information AND make THEIR OWN objective analysis on the situation (versus on the president). They are a waste of time because most of the time they add nothing worthwhile to the discussion, except maybe raising people’s blood pressure or anger. Ignoring them is the best thing I’ve done for my health since BO came on the scene! Try it.

• 6 Sue in Minnesota
      February 1, 2011 at 1:06 am

I agree…..we need take our cues from our President and stay focused on what matters. President Obama’s composure is unbelievable, although I have to confess, I would stand up and cheer if he ever openly blasted some these talking heads.

• 7 VC prezOfan2
        February 1, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I wouldn’t, Sue, because then he wouldn’t be himself. Plus they’d be sure to blow that into something majorly negative. Let them huff and puff, while he gradually fixes the house. If they are so busy huffing, they might not notice his progress. ;)

• 8 Sue in Minnesota
          February 1, 2011 at 10:51 pm

You are absolutely right……he is a very evolved human being, and would never resort to anger fueled rants. I would, I am just projecting my own frustration. But you are so right…he is afforded no space for expression of frustration, irritation, or anger.

• 9 Theo67
      February 1, 2011 at 3:24 am

I do need to stop watching this crap. I watched about 4 minutes of Lawrence O’Donnell, and about 15 minutes of Rachel. I am still trying to get my blood pressure normal. I’m going to take your advice, and just stay away from these places. They are woefully uninformed, and in situations like this one, they are actually dangerous. They don’t have all the facts, they didn’t campaign and become President, and they’ve been wrong on pretty much everything they’ve predicted or “analyzed”. I’m going to resolve to stay away.

• 10 VC prezOfan2
        February 1, 2011 at 9:01 pm

If you are anything like me you really need to do it. I found I was getting SOOO ANGRY at their persistent criticism no matter what he did, that I could feel my insides churning whenever I listened to them. They rarely seemed to give (begrudging)praise, and before seemingly catching a breath they were on to what was not done right. I was getting angry all the time and since I’d never been one to be this angry about ANYTHING before, I knew it was time to step back.

5. 11 VC prezOfan2
    February 1, 2011 at 12:32 am

EDP$ we are on similar wavelengths. I was writing mine while you were posting!

6. February 1, 2011 at 2:27 am

I’m so grateful for President Obama’s leadership, wisdom, brilliance, calm presence and intrinsic goodness…

May God continue to bless, protect, guide, guard and defend our spectacular President…

7. 13 barb
    February 1, 2011 at 6:11 am

I don’t watch TV because they don’t have all the facts. Their opinions are irrelevant. PBO is in a tight position. I feel for the people but also know that there are nations in the Middle East watching President Obama. They want to know if he will continue to support them. If he asks President Hosni Mubarak to step down are they next? Our dear president can’t get any rest. He goes from one crisis to another. He needs our prayers and warm energies.

8. 14 DoNoHarm
    February 1, 2011 at 8:48 am

All very good reasons for not watching newscasts. However, until and unless you contact your program or station managers, your ‘not watching’ efforts go to naught. Reading the history of US/Egypt relations after Sadat will also give a broader pic of where the US stands. Our President hasn’t had a day go by peacefully. There’s been one issue after another and our President Obama has been handling them all with wisdom and grace.

9. 15 Fred
    February 1, 2011 at 9:20 am

Maybe they’d be happy if President Obama landed AF1 in Cairo and got in the march with the people and started looting himself or flew there and got on national tv with Mubarak for a joint interview and slapped him for the world to see and order him to pack up his sh!t and tell him to take a hike;they’d be happy huh?

If President Obama goes public ans tells Mubarak to piss off;the Egyptian people will tell Obama to butt and stay out of their business and the rabid Left will call the President a p*ssy and the rabid Right will call him a s*ssy and weak :mad:

P.S yesterday I found out that Lt. Dan Choi the guy who never misses a chance to cuff himself to the WH fence and has followed the President all over the country to heckle him on gay rights and called Obama ” worst POTUS in LGBT history” announced that he will go to CPAC11 and that he and Chris Barron from GOProud who nsults Mr Obama on a daily basis are good buddies :o :o :o :o :o :mad:

10. 16 Temp
    February 1, 2011 at 9:27 am

Forgive them guys, they speak as activists not as leaders where one wrong word or one wrong move could cause irreversible harm.

11. February 1, 2011 at 10:20 am

From my twitter timeline:

RT @ravenclaw69: 2 million #egypt http://plixi.com/p/73988103

12. February 1, 2011 at 10:29 am

From my twitter timeline:

RT @Silbendrechsler: Al Jazeera Live-Stream from #Egypt: http://bit.ly/g1sJTg #jan25

13. 19 Esther
    February 1, 2011 at 10:42 am

I am so proud of our President as he carefully and thoughtfully threads his way through this mine field. The last people he needs to pay attention to are the TV/radio gabbers. Stay safe and strong Mr. Obama.