Feb

(don’t look if you’re hungry)

The menu for President Obama’s Super Bowl party:

“Bratwurst, Kielbasa, Cheeseburgers, Deep Dish Pizza, Buffalo Wings, German Potato Salad, Twice Baked Potatoes, Snyders Potato Chips and Pretzels, Chips and Dips, Salad, Ice Cream. Beverages including the following beers: Hinterland Pale Ale & Amber Ale (Wisconsin), Yuengling Lager and Light (Pennsylvania), White House Honey Ale.”

Two years ago….

Feb. 1, 2009: “During a Super Bowl watching party in the White House theatre, the President and First Lady join their guests in watching one of the TV commercials in 3D.” (Official White House photo by Pete Souza)

PS You know, if things had gone another way, the President could have played in a Super Bowl …. after all, he once, um, held the Heisman Trophy:

15 Responses to “(don’t look if you’re hungry)”

1. 1 Suzanne
    February 6, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Sounds delish. I wouldn’t mind having a couple or three or five…or maybe six or seven of the selections. Oh, the heck with it — just load up a big plate for me. I have to chuckle at the salad snuck in there toward the end. Snuggled nicely between chips and dig and ice cream where it belongs!!!! He looks happy which I LOVE seeing! I hope he has a wonderful time. I love that man!

2. February 6, 2011 at 5:07 pm

The President was absolute class in that interview with Bill O’Reily. Just Brilliant!

You could clearly see who was the “adult” in the room.

This is going to be my first Supper Bowl. We in Trinidad don’t really follow it.

But I’m gonna make an effort to watch.

President Obama looks really good. I hope he enjoys the game.

3. 9 Proud of Obama
    February 6, 2011 at 5:34 pm

So proud of him. He was calm, relaxed — so presidential. Bill-O was nervous and seemed very flustered. You know what happens when darkness (O’Reilly) meets light (President Obama). President Obama showed once again why he’s president and Bill-O is a faux news hack.

• 10 globalcitizenlinda
      February 6, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I really like your allusion to and contrast of “darkness versus light”

• 11 Sue in Minnesota
      February 6, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Yeah,I’m no fan of O’R, but I was actually embarrassed for him….he seemed totally unglued. Our President looked like the cat that swallowed the canary. President Obama clearly knew he had the upper hand despite the aggressive, nasty talking points Bill O’R was so determined to give airtime to.

My household found the pregame Fox American Exceptionalism propoganda very, very offensive.

4. 12 Theo67
    February 6, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I didn’t know the White House had it’s own ale?

5. 13 vitaminlover
    February 6, 2011 at 8:24 pm

The one who is the coolest and calmest has the control. So–again our Beloved President prevails. He is the total package. He is a winner. This is MY President!!

6. 15 barb
    February 6, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Oh Chipsticks, our man is so cool. He knows when to be serious and he knows how to have fun. I just love this man.

I was looking for something healthy on that menu and then I caught it snuggled near the end. The salad was our First Lady’s idea with the ice cream for our President. lol

Don’t let anyone get that trophy from you, Mr. President. lol