Feb

ha, the nutjobs dug this ‘photo’ out again today

They’re original, aren’t they? Although not as original as the non-photoshopped version of the pic – which was darkened (oh yes), flipped and cigarette-ized:

Museum of Hoaxes: In early 2008 the top photo began circulating online, showing Obama with a cigarette in his mouth. It is not real. The original photo (bottom) was taken by Kwame Ross on Aug. 3, 2004 while then-State Sen. Obama met with constituents at the University of Illinois while campaigning to become a U.S. Senator. An unknown hoaxer digitally added the cigarette into the photo.

Oh dear.

20 Responses to “ha, the nutjobs dug this ‘photo’ out again today”

1. 1 Sonjia Duncan
    February 9, 2011 at 7:14 pm

It tells you something when they must invent issues to try and smear President Obama. This is getting really old. I heard the tired remark that the repugs were having lunch with the President and he wouldn’t be able to use his telepronter.

2. 2 DoNoHarm
    February 9, 2011 at 7:17 pm

If that was the very worst, not bad. Right now, this minute on MSNBC, Chris Matthews is rehashing the “Obama is a Muslim” issue. The PEW Research claims 78% believe Obama is a Muslim, 21% uncertain. One fellow said Obama is not like any Christian he can identify with. I say it’s because President Obama is above any Christian we’ve met and believes in the original message of Jesus. At the Breakfast Meeting, the President did say he was “spiritual” and that’s more than good enough for me. I’m not into org.rel. but find that the followers of Jesus are a scary lot and have adulterated his message.

• 3 Sue in Minnesota
      February 9, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Shame on the MSM for the perpetuation of the myth. The air should have been out of that balloon a long long time ago…..in fact it should never have been an issue.

Some have suggested, and I believe this to be true, that the manufactured confusion about President Obama’s religion, provides a smokescreen for racist Americans to hide behind.

• 4 hgerhard
        February 9, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I think the President himself addressed this best: “When Michelle and I hear our faith questioned from time to time, we are reminded that ultimately what matters is not what other people say about us but whether we’re being true to our conscience and true to our God” (at the National Prayer Breakfast). I do agree questioning his faith is a smokescreen for racist Americans. My own thought: If only all the self-proclaimed Christians in American politics conformed to the teachings of Jesus half as much as President Obama does, we would have a much better world.

• 5 EDP4BHO
        February 9, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Sue in Minnesota, I have been trumpeting what you said in your second sentence for a while now. I do not believe that all of those people believe he is a Muslim. It is just a convenient reason to hate him without seeming racist, not realizing that hating Muslims is in itself, racist. It’s like the old mainstay….”I can’t be racist, some of my best friends are black (or other)”. I stated just today on a related site that I am waiting for them to find the minaret on top of the Christian “church” he attended for 20 years. Yeah, right?

• 6 Theo67
      February 9, 2011 at 11:37 pm

The Muslims in Egypt have exhibited more Christ-like behavior that the false Christians who continue to try to paint Muslims as evil. The Muslims and Christians in Egypt guarded each other,while the self-proclaimed Christians in the US were thinking of new ways to be outraged by the existence of Muslims.

• 7 barb
        February 10, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Theo67, you are so right. The Egyptians Muslims and Coptic Christians put us all to shame. It was beautiful to see them supporting each other.

3. 8 sherijr
    February 9, 2011 at 7:26 pm

People can be so deceitful and hateful that it really seeps into our own perspective at times. I just read an article on MSNBC- I usually don’t click on their articles because they’re mostly just annoying in my opinion.. but this one was about Congressman Lee in NY- and I didn’t know if he was a republican (although I figured) and thus wanted to find out. Now I read that article, and I may have missed things a bit- but I swear to you they did not even write that he was Republican- instead they mentioned Speaker Boehner accepting Lee’s resignation. So I made a comment to MSNBC on their attempt at hiding Lee’s party… and in leaving my comment, read some of the others… and wouldn’t ya know, there it is a slam on President Obama.. no context in this story for attacking the President, but apparently some Americans feel it’s their duty to lie and attack President Obama anytime anywhere. Sorry, but this crap has gotten so bloody old. I still have all three of my Obama bumper stickers on my car- one is plastered right on my driver’s window.. so every now and again I’ll turn my head to my left and realize I’m being glared at by some stranger in their car- and it dawns on me that my Obama bumper sticker is pissing them off. I’ve told my son- some day- I’m gonna roll down my car window and just go OFF. I said nothing for 8 years to all the absolute morons who voted for that freak GW Bush, I accepted their votes (even though we all know the truth on that) but never in that time did I glare, or flip off or yell crap out to folks because they put their choice of President on their bumper sticker.

Okay rant ovah. ;)

• 9 Theo67
      February 9, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Good rant. I saw a “Bush/Cheney” sticker last week, which made me shake my head. And there’s a car I see every morning at work that says something about socialism – it raises my blood pressure every time. I’d like to see the owner, so I could ask whether they know what socialism actually is, and then take a good look at someone that stupid that they can display it for all the world to see, without shame. I saw a “Palin 2012″ sticker on my way to San Francisco a few months ago, and I still haven’t recovered – the woman in the car looked so proud.

4. 11 kelly
    February 9, 2011 at 7:27 pm

meanwhile, married Republican congressman resigns over scandal.

Rep. Christopher Lee of New York resigns abruptly after personal ads on Craigslist revealed
    Christopher Lee, who represents Western New York state, quits hours after the website Gawker posts e-mails — including a shirtless photo — that the married Republican allegedly sent through Craigslist’s personals site. ‘I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents,’ he says.

• 12 Hachikō
      February 9, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Not one of these jerks have the morals, ethics and quality of character of our president. He’s far superior to them in every way and that’s what they hate the most, so they smear him on a daily basis.

• 14 majii
      February 9, 2011 at 11:40 pm

He didn’t have to resign, and I believe the reason that he did was because he couldn’t lie his way out of it! He had already lied more than once in an attempt to deflect blame from himself. The news spread fast, and I feel pretty certain that he knew he had embarrassed his wife and son by claiming to not have a wife. He probably thought that since he was living in DC that he could get away with playing a game like this, but he forgot that DC is not Western NY. In DC, you’re always under scrutiny if you’re a high profile individual. I’m glad that the woman he lied to came forward to expose him for being dishonest and a hypocrite. I can imagine that he ran on a campaign that was partly based on ridding DC of corruption (meaning PBO and the democrats,) but little did his constituents know that they were sending more corruption to DC. I’ve visited some blogs since he announced his resignation, and as usual, some conservatives are still defending him vigorously. They just can’t seem to understand that if a party bills itself as the party of family values, its’ members should live up to it, or else the party should stop describing itself that way.

5. 15 EDP4BHO
    February 9, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I am somewhat in a laughing mood since Chipsticks put up that picture yesterday with the President at Columbia U, 20 years old, and being blamed for installing Mubarek. Today, I have to say, that picture of him with the cigarette makes him look just like some street hustler…LOL. They had to alter that photo because they are livid that they could not find a real picture of him in that mode. Our prayers for the President do work….he’s still kicking high, everyone. Don’t even let it get you down. We’ve been here already, and they are running out of ideas. My ex used to say that, some people dig up stuff like you dig up old dried dog shit, just to make it stink again. Forgive me, he is real street, my ex :-D

• 16 Sue in Minnesota
      February 10, 2011 at 12:06 am

LOL…please don’t apologize….reminds me of my Dad, who was always very creative and colorful in his expression. Thanks for the chuckle.

And you are right, if this is all they got…….they’re really grasping at straws. Like our President, we just gotta brush them off.

6. 17 S. Holland
    February 10, 2011 at 9:06 am

Ohhh gee, what a surprise..more doctored photos…..their hatred and attacks on him are relentless!! Oh, and I’m sure that these people who dream up this stuff would call themselves good Christian family men……….

7. 18 EDP4BHO
    February 10, 2011 at 9:24 am

You know what’s really, really stupid? The person who doctored this photo forgot to take into account that the shirt was going to be shown buttoning on the wrong side. Looks like he’s wearing a woman’s shirt. Idiots. You gotta laugh at the stupidity, just like that girl who chisled her face with a B during the ’08 campaign, not realizing that it was backwards. LOL!

8. 19 Fred
    February 10, 2011 at 9:30 am

can you blame them? they don’t have anything of substance to bash the President for so they do the next best thing they can think of and fake something :mad:

9. 20 barb
    February 10, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Now that is just a whole bunch of stupid.