Feb

in memory

President Barack Obama signs the John M. Roll United States Courthouse Bill in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington on February 17. The bill will name a new federal courthouse in Yuma, Arizona, after slain federal Judge John M. Roll who died in last month’s shooting in Tucson. The President was joined by members of Roll’s family, members of the Arizona Congressional delegation, and members of his cabinet.

18 Responses to “in memory”

1. 1 Theo67
    February 17, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I’m glad they did this.

2. 7 halo
    February 17, 2011 at 2:53 pm

LOL @ McCain

3. February 17, 2011 at 3:01 pm

John McCain just can’t hide his bitterness even during such event.

4. 9 Andogriff
    February 17, 2011 at 3:01 pm

McCain seems to be focused on the far wall, looks like he is wishing he could be anywhere else.

• 10 Sue in Minnesota
      February 17, 2011 at 3:53 pm

He is a small man, and I am not talking about his height. During the 2008 campaign after looking into his background I was no longer neutral or impressed by the MSM’s image of him. But since the election, my opinion of him has only suffered….he has been less than gracious, almost vengeful, and seems not to be guided by principle but rather opportunity.

I think we can all be grateful that America has been spared from a national disaster, a McCain administration.

5. 12 Fred
    February 17, 2011 at 3:32 pm

the late Judge deserves this

boy am I happy Mr McCain is nothing but a guest at the White House and the not the occupant . . .

6. 14 DoNoHarm
    February 17, 2011 at 5:09 pm

And yet President Obama holds no ill will towards any of those ###. The POTUS looks above all that. How can this be learned. I don’t have another 40 some years to go and need a shortcut to the POTUS’ level of kindness.
    I’m watching Chris Matthews re the Madison WI rally. President Obama said it, “Yes We Can.” Egypt set a good example.

• 15 Sue in Minnesota
      February 17, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Like Maya Angelou so wisely stated, “I am trying to be a Christian.” John McCain and Sarah Palin, remind me, personally that I need to be better. President Obama shows me how to be better. I’ll keep working on being better.

• February 17, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Hiya Sue, I’m with you, I keep trying to be better too, but I struggle with it all the time. People like Maya and the President, though, are complete inspirations. They have a million reasons to be angry, bitter and resentful, but they’re none of those things. They’re gracious, generous, forgiving and loving. I adore them both.

Maya: “I’m always amazed when people walk up to me and say ‘I’m a Christian’. I think: ‘Already? You already got it? I’m working at it’.”

:-) And she’s 82. If I live that long, I think I’ll still be working at it too.

• 17 Sue in Minnesota
          February 17, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Be Do Have is my guiding philosphy to life, but at 55 I’m still working on the Be. I think it takes an enormous amount of courage to Be…..one of the reasons I think our President is so remarkable, he got the Be down long ,long ago. Here’s hoping we live long and strong and never give up “working at it”.

Are you prepared to CELEBRATE….1,000,000 hits is bearing down like a freight train…..and doesn’t that speak to your total awesomeness!

• February 17, 2011 at 10:23 pm

:lol:

That one million hit thing has me a bit scared, this blog was just meant to be a little thing between you, me and a couple more friends. I think I’ll contact WordPress and ask them to stop the clock at 999,999!