Feb

and you thought politico couldn’t get any worse?

Julie Mason with a very good buddy

I’m dumb enough to look at Politico occasionally, but usually just to check breaking news – honest. The last few days I’ve noticed a string of bitchy, sarky articles (most of them on trivial nonsense) by the same reporter on President Obama and his team – even sarkier and bitchier than you usually get from Politico.

So, I looked up this Julie Mason – what a surprise, she joined Politico from right-wing rag The Washington Examiner earlier this month! For those lucky enough never to have come upon the Examiner, it makes Politico read like The Communist Manifesto. Needless to say, it endorsed McCain in 2008 and has, with Mason’s help, been relentlessly attacking President Obama ever since.

Remember the President, ahead of the 2010 mid-terms, said: “It will be up to each of you to make sure that the young people, African Americans, Latinos and women, who powered our victory in 2008, stand together once again. It will be up to each of you to keep our nation moving forward.”

The headline on Mason’s piece in the Examiner? “Obama Disses White Guys.” Yeah, that’s what he was doing alright. :roll:

And Mason, in her shiny new job, is no less obsessed with race. Writing about the former deputy press secretary Bill Burton leaving the White House, she said: “But the departure of Burton, who is black, leaves Obama with an all-white press operation. Will Kevin Lewis re-join lower press?”

I wonder does Mason bring a calculator with her to the White House to count the ‘non-white’ faces? And is the only reason Kevin Lewis (White House director of African American media) might succeed Burton is that he is black?? Okay.

Her other obsession is the President’s “teleprompter dependency”. Seriously. He “relies on it probably more than he relies on Bill Daley”, she told us, treating us to her cutting edge and highly original right-wing wit. Zzzzzz.

Hey, great appointment Politico!

PS Which one interview of her career did she enjoy most? “Tom DeLay was a great interview – charming and a total character.” Too bad he charmed his way to a money laundering conviction, hey Julie?

38 Responses to “and you thought politico couldn’t get any worse?”

1. February 24, 2011 at 9:39 am

Very good catch, Chip. I too noticed that Politico became even worse, but really didn’t bother to check why. Disgusting.

• February 24, 2011 at 9:49 am

Hiya BWD, this Mason is some piece of work. I used to look at Free Republic sometimes just to annoy myself – honestly, she writes like one of the nutjobs you see at that place. But even there the teleprompter obsession has died out – she has referred to it in two of her most recent stories! Good grief.

2. February 24, 2011 at 9:57 am

Nice catch, Chip! Keep putting these fake journalists on Front St. and Blast Ave.!

3. 6 CTGirl
    February 24, 2011 at 11:04 am

What a stunning surprise … NOT!!! Politico is horrible! I swing by from time to time to see what they are up to but more often than not, just end up shaking my head at their obvious media bias.

• 7 Eleroy
      February 24, 2011 at 11:01 pm

I NEVER click on Politico. NEVER!!!
      It is pure evil and as bad as FOX and every other right wing pox site.
      Any outlet that has immediate and unconditional access to Dick Cheney has to be very questionable and unkosher!!!

4. 8 Fred
    February 24, 2011 at 11:19 am

if President Obama “disses white guys” so much why on earth is soooooooooooo many of them working for him?

do these people not think a minute before yapping out of their arses? I am starting to believe that their arses would make a LOT more sense . . .

I once again apologize to you ALL on this site for my language but I am beyond frustrated with these folks :mad:

• 9 DoNoHarm
      February 24, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Fred: That’s a great question to ask Julie.

• 11 majii
      February 24, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I think the reason they see things in terms of race, Fred, is because first, they don’t understand that PBO doesn’t hire people based solely on race and/or political affiliation, but on the basis of their ability to do the job he needs them to do. Second, they remember that GWB surrounded himself with people who mostly looked like himself. They also know that GWB hired incompetent people based on whether they were “true believers,” and they don’t understand why PBO doesn’t do things the same way. They don’t understand that PBO is used to interacting and befriending others besides black people, and this is something they don’t do and can never understand. They don’t understand PBO, and they wouldn’t understand me, because I don’t choose my friends and associates on the basis of race, either, and I’ve raised my daughter to be the same way. Inclusion is not a word they want to even consider when it comes to hiring or befriending anyone, and this is not difficult to see if one looks at the crowds that appear at rw events such as CPAC. I must admit that as a black female, I wouldn’t have felt very comfortable mingling with the crowd at CPAC, not because it was mostly white, but because of the intolerance of the nuts that attended the event.

5. 13 sherijr
    February 24, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I’ve never gone to Politico, I’ve read enough from folks like you Chip- who’ve let me know I’m missing nothing newsworthy.

The whole issue of Race and the fact that our President is AA, I believe, will become even larger in this election than in the last.. or at least I believe the attempt will be put forth by republicans and their media pals- to consciously remind the American public over and over and over that POTUS is black. So no doubt folks like this Julie Mason cretin are gonna come in handy- for pushing that message… ohnoespotusisblack!!!!

6. 14 HZ
    February 24, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I am really elated deep in my heart that we have an intelligent President, a focus President, a calm President, a compassionate President, a very handsome President(that does not hurt, no disrespect to our FLOTUS AT ALL), a peoples President, and a measured President. I feel that he consults his conscience each day, listen to his spiritual core, and listen and carry around in his heart the needs and provisions that each hurting American need at this time. I really believe that in my soul. I have been reading some very excellent books about President Barack Obama(before he became our 44th President,) and this man is sturdy as they come, he knows and thinks out his moves very carefully, and he is always trying to listen and let everyone around the table give their views, then he speaks and press ahead. He is the President that we need at this time in our history and I believe that he will do all within his power to keep that oath to us as a people. It is the “others” who need to sit quietly and search their souls and see how they are hurting the middle-class of our nation to further their own agendas for improper gains. You can see it in the news each day. You see our President when we need to see him. He is constantly thinking and working in his office to be several steps in the right direction in history for all of us. I do not see a selfish bone in this man, plus his dear Mother and grandparents would not have poured into him all of these values just for them to go to waste. Let us pick up ourselves, dust ourselves off(with the negative attitudes that others try to feed us each day,) and tidy up our brains, feed it healthy information, and move with our wonderful President. Remember he said, there will be false starts, but we get up and try again. I believe that the more positive comments, the more positive deep thinking of what we believe he is trying to do will help all of us in the endgame. So let us take courage, encourage each other here, and be ready for any fight that might be waiting for us. Let us trust him more than we trust the MSM etc. Remember, they have already said such impolite things like”I want him to fail.” “He will be a one-term President.” Well, we know POTUS does not think like that and he is NOT a QUITTER!!! He said so, remember in the SOTU speech! So let us recall what our President has already said to us and work hard to support each other and lift each other up each day. We are in this for the long haul!!!! I love you all and I know we will be better for it in the long run. This is a race to win to the end!!! Let’s move. Have a wonderful day!!!!

• 15 Dorothy Rissman
      February 24, 2011 at 1:40 pm

HZ, what a great comment. I agree with all that you said. I am curious as to which books you have been reading. I have read a good number of books on our president, but I like to know if I am missing something. THX.

• 16 Sue in Minnesota
      February 24, 2011 at 2:30 pm

We have to allow our beliefs in our President to fortify our own resolve. Alot of substantial issues are boiling to the surface
      economic, racial, religious, sexual orientation, etc….the connective thread in all is human equality. So be prepared to stand strong. Knowing that we have a highly intelligent, decent, and capable man leading us should make it easier for us to seek out the best in ourselves. It should allow us to trust in the direction of his leadership, and encourage us to find the courage and sense of responsibility required to actively join forces with him as this movement progresses.

Change is the course of history. We are not in a dormant cycle….I believe things are going to get bumpier. So believe in our President, believe in ourselves, but most of all believe in the human capacity to determine/create our realities. Fear is the opposing force of love….I will not let fear drive my bus.

• February 24, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Quite magnificent HZ, thank you!!!!

7. 18 Sue in Minnesota
    February 24, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I went over to Politico’s website to send an e-mail challenging Ms. Mason’s obsession with skin color. Boy, gotta say I now feel like I need a shower. I am not going back….Yuck!

• 19 ber6964
      February 24, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Makes you wonder how the President deals with all the bullchit he does, doesn’t it? I know I’d be hitting people, LOL!

• 20 EDP4BHO
        February 24, 2011 at 3:50 pm

LOL….you sound like me. I do not have an even temper when it comes to hateful people. I also am not a good Christian who prays for my enemies. I stand to deal with my shortcomings with the Lord. But I must say, there is no way in heck I could stomach what Chipsticks, blackwaterdog, and other staunch Obama supporters, research in their efforts to keep us informed. I depend on them each day to get the goods on these miscreants, so I know what President Obama is up against. It’s the reason I come here. To these 2 great bloggers, I say bravo, and thank you very much. You are very much needed.

• 21 Eleroy
          February 24, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Well said ED!!!
          Bravo Chipsticks and BWD!!! I too rely on them to tell me since I will not go to any of these vile, god forsaken sites.

• 22 Sue in Minnesota
        February 24, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Oh yeah, I think about that everyday. It requires enormous self-awareness and self discipline to be able to deflect the bullshit. Our President is often underestimated because people fail to recognize the level of his self-mastery. People who struggle with the concept of human potential or possibility, will never understand our President, and will continue to misread and label him inappropriately. Before they can understand and they have to be willing to see.

8. 23 sabrina
    February 24, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Thanks for the doing the research. I noticed the change in tone but just decided to avoid the site altogether. I only venture over to Politico for the President’s itinerary.

9. 24 Suzanne
    February 24, 2011 at 3:44 pm

When I read something like this that gins up anger, I always want to contact them. Their contact info appears to be at

There is a link in blue below each name to a page of info about that person and an online contact form. The highest linked were the editors so I sent one to the Editor-In-Chief, John F. Harris, about this.

That being said, the GOP is going to try to get noisier and noisier the closer we get to the elections. It’s a distraction just like the guys that yell at the guy who is up to bat hoping to keep him from hitting a home run.

I think it is more important than ever that we keep our focus on what is working and on news organizations that are fair and just. What we pay attention to grows.

• 25 Eleroy
      February 24, 2011 at 11:09 pm

John Harris is a right wing hack!!! Steeped in the values of the John Birch society.
      When they hire scum like Julie Mason they know exactly why and she is only there to carry out their mission.

10. 26 CEB
    February 24, 2011 at 5:19 pm

HZ,

Such wonderful comments. You have given voice to all that I feel.

I stay away from the sites of obvious haters and fill myself with the heart, grace,intelligence, with-it-ness, and humor of Chipsticks and all of the lovely posters on this site.

Chipsticks: thanks again for weedy out the crazies and haters. It must be hard to deal with such poison. You do it so that we do not have to and I am so thannkful for all that you do. Stay stron.

11. 28 CEB
    February 24, 2011 at 5:21 pm

OOps! meant “weeding” and “strong” – ugh

12. February 24, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Ms. Mason is a semi-attractive media “whore” who is selling her soul to get attention and a paycheck. It is a tough world out there and some people will do, say and write anything to make a buck. Please don’t give her any more free publicity. She probably revels in the fact that we are discussing her and Politico.

• February 24, 2011 at 7:24 pm

That’s true tnwoman, I just think it’s vital that the backgrounds and agendas of these media whores are exposed so that everyone knows where they’re coming from. It was like when that Ferguson creature wrote the article in Newsweek about the President and Egypt – every time it was referred to in the media he was described as an academic of note, but very few actually mentioned his right wing politics and connections and his extreme opposition to President Obama even before he took office. We need to be aware of these people’s agendas.

13. February 24, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Ferguson is a vile and odious creature.

14. 34 VC prezOfan2
    February 24, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Chipsticks, What is WRONG with you? ;)

‘Which one interview of her career did she enjoy most? “Tom DeLay was a great interview – charming and a total character.”’

If this is the level of the woman’s taste re charm and character (not to mention her picture buddy), HOW do you expect her to appreciate Barack H. Obama???? I’m told that if you are mostly used to $9 per bottle supermarket wine, you’d hardly be likely to appreciate wine that sold for $100s. I don’t want that woman rating my wine, thank you very much – never mind that I don’t drink wine! ;)

• February 24, 2011 at 10:54 pm

:lol:

I’d guess the Tom DeLay fan doesn’t even drink $9 bottles of wine, I’d be pretty sure she dines on sour grapes every night.

A **black** man in the Oval Office?! Poor Julie, those sour grapes must be sooooooooooo hard to digest.

15. 38 Claire
    February 27, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Politico is garbage and the Washington Examiner is filth. I live outside of DC, no one considers the examiner worth reading.