Mar

‘newt gingrich cheated on his wives for america’

NY Mag: …..Newt Gingrich didn’t just get divorced three times, he also cheated on both of his first two wives. And furthermore, he left both of them when they were sick. As Talking Points Memo’s Josh Marshall recaps today:

Let’s remember, Newt famously dumped wife #1 for wife #2 while wife #1 was in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery. As in literally went to the hospital to present her with divorce papers while she was recovering from surgery for uterine cancer.

He eventually dumped wife #2 for wife #3 shortly after wife #2 was diagnosed with MS back in 1999. And he was having the affair on wife #2 with wife #3 while he was turning the country upside down trying to drive Bill Clinton from office over his affair with Monica Lewinsky.

….Gingrich, naturally, is trying to frame his misdeeds in the best light possible under the circumstances. In a recent interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network’s David Brody, he discussed the issue in religious terms that the voters he hopes to win over may understand:

“I found that I felt compelled to seek God’s forgiveness. Not God’s understanding, but God’s forgiveness. I do believe in a forgiving God. And I think most people, deep down in their hearts hope there’s a forgiving God.”

If God can forgive him, then surely Iowa caucusgoers can, too. And besides, Gingrich has a pretty good explanation for why he did it:

“There’s no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate.”

Sometimes you just feel so passionate about America that you need to go have some extramarital affairs. We’ve all been there.

Full article here

25 Responses to “‘newt gingrich cheated on his wives for america’”

1. 1 vitaminlover
    March 9, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I have always felt that Gingrich was full of it and full of himself.

2. 2 Fred
    March 9, 2011 at 5:52 pm

7Up came out of my nose when that fat f/uck said that :roll: :lol:

excuse my language dear site

3. 7 ari
    March 9, 2011 at 5:59 pm

isn’t anyone gonna say it? Newt F****ed America lmao.

4. 8 Shirley
    March 9, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I just have one thing to say to Newt, and that Is, WHAT KIND OF FOOL, DO YOU THINK WE ARE??????? Are you CRAZY????

5. 9 barb
    March 9, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I cannot believe Newt is talking about this and then turning it into a Christian conversion on Christian television.

His wife shouldn’t trust him. Not only did he do it once but twice. I suppose she thinks she converted him. He is a sleeszy rat. Just what do these women see in him? Noone can be that desperate.

6. 10 DoNoHarm
    March 9, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Gingrich and that other fellow, Huckabee, are doing what attracts “those” voters, selling religion. Self rightousness and forgiveness sells. People love to forgive, especially when it concerns sex.

7. March 9, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Indeed. Gingrich had this conversion, see, on the road to Damascus. He’s the moral equivalent of St. Paul.

8. 13 Shirley
    March 9, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh, RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

9. 14 S. Holland
    March 9, 2011 at 7:36 pm

What in the blazes has love for his country got to do with it???!!!!! This man is a piece of scum! Now it’s his country’s fault?? Lying miserable scum!

10. 15 lisa
    March 9, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I heard he got his second marriage annuled even before he switched to being Catholic(awww, money does such wonderful things, especially when dealing with shady people). FYI Newt, just because you got the second marriage annuled, doesn’t mean you still didn’t cheat on your second wife with the third one.Gross. And I love how he denigrates Obama as someone who isn’t a Christian, when he’s (Newt) has done more to break most of God’s laws than anyone else I’ve ever heard of or seen. For those who aren’t in the know, while actively calling for Clinton’s impeachment because of his adultry, guess who was shtupping someone who wasn’t his wife? Yep, you guessed it, it surely was that FAT F***!!![aptly named Fred ;)]. Newt can go suck it. He’s such a liar and a cheat. I’ve got to believe there’s a hell and somehow, someway, someday, that fool will find his dumb butt there.

• 16 Anonymous
      March 9, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Sorry, didn’t read the blurb for this picture, just saw the heading and got so mad, that i simply had to respond. Either way, everyone is now in the know about the douche who thinks he’ll run in 2012. To be honest, I’d rather deal with Caribou Barbie than that loser anyday….Sorry. I just believe that she really is honestly stupid, not a liar like Newt is. I choose stupidity over duplicity any day.

• 17 EDP4BHO
        March 9, 2011 at 8:05 pm

No, she is a stupid liar.

• 18 Eleroy
        March 9, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Oh Puleeeze!!! There is NO redeeming quality for silly sarah!!! She is just as dangerous as she is stupid!!!

• 19 Sue in Minnesota
        March 9, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Oh no, she is a World Class Liar! With Palin you would get a two-ffer, a duplicitous liar.

Regarding Palin, my concern is that she may very well be mentally ill. Dangerous and disastrous, another two-ffer!

• 20 lisa
          March 9, 2011 at 10:01 pm

You guys are hilarious. I have been soundly corrected. So much for giving her the benefit of the doubt ;)

• 21 majii
      March 10, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Read this frontline expose on Newt to get a really good understanding of who/what he is from his former wives, paramours, campaign staff members, neighbors, colleagues, and others:

11. 22 Eleroy
    March 9, 2011 at 9:53 pm

This man has a nerve!!! This “Christian” Broadcasting station does real Christians a huge disservice with their constant support of people who epitomise the very worst of Christianity!!!

It’s really funny to hear these Republicans who have done EVERYTHING in their power to divide this country, talk about how we need a leader who can “bring the country together”!!!

It is even funnier since these very same proponents of “country unification” like Newt, Hucakabee, palin, McCain and his idioitic shrill offsrpring Megan, Romney etc. have actually gone out of their way to sow seeds of discord, hate and division within this country from the very moment we elected the ONLY man capable of actually bringing this country together!!!

12. 23 BIGFan
    March 9, 2011 at 10:49 pm

What a totally disgusting hypocrite. And to think that some people might actually vote for him. YUCK. He is a sick, narcissistic liar.

13. 24 Andogriff
    March 10, 2011 at 8:40 am

It is still amazing to me how many folks actually voted for McCain/Palin in 2008.. terrifying, actually. Because so many simply voted along party lines, because of Faux News, or because a relative or friend voted the same way? Idiocy and ignorance are unfortunately rampant.

14. 25 Carolyn
    March 10, 2011 at 9:16 am

I’m old enough to remember Newt first time around…1994 and Contract with America then closing down the government, then being ousted. The normal person would retire never to be heard from again after all that. However, my husband is a psychologist, and he says Newt is a sociopath…..no conscience, will do anything to have power and control others. What hurts and upsets normal people, doesn’t even touch him. So, he’s seen his opening, phony religion, and will use that to deceive a certain set of people. Watch him. He can outlie, outconnive the other candidates. The only good thing is that he is personally repulsive to a good many people, does not have the “charisma” Sarah supposedly has. He does have discipline and drive, however. He’s dangerous.