Mar

ah, memories……

Washington Post (2002): …President Bush … sprang from his golf cart at 6:15 a.m. and said he was “distressed to hear about the latest suicide bombers in Israel.” Just over four hours before, as Bush slept at his parents’ seaside retreat, a Palestinian suicide bomber blew up a bus in Israel, killing nine passengers.

Bush, wearing khakis and a knit shirt, was holding a driver in his gloved left hand …. however incongruous the setting, the president plunged ahead. “There are a few killers who want to stop the peace process that we have started, and we must not let them,” he said. “I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers.”

His business out of the way, Bush barely paused for breath before saying, “Thank you. Now watch this drive.”

The abrupt segue illustrates the dilemma Bush will face over the next month as he relaxes and works at his ranch in Crawford, Tex., at a time of global political volatility. On Tuesday, Bush will leave Washington behind until Labor Day. That is likely to mean a return to the golf-cart diplomacy of last summer when Bush talked Middle East peace between playing holes, at one point dripping sweat as he said Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat “can do a lot more to be convincing the people on the street to stop these acts of terrorism.”

More here

7 Responses to “ah, memories……”

1. 1 Shirley
    March 16, 2011 at 7:36 pm

UMH!! We can hear the sincerity In his voice, how convincing, I guess this Is what you call looking out for the American People Eh???

2. 2 Sue in Minnesota
    March 16, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Thank God he’s gone! And the gall, following that buffoon, to chastise President Obama for the occassional, weekend round of golf. Get real!

3. 3 EDP4BHO
    March 16, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I am going to tag this and find ways to use it in comparison. First I have to sign up to one or some of those “other” sites. Not looking forward to it but I’m ready to do whatever it takes to fight for us. I hope to accumulate sundried pieces of bullshit the cowards have spewed and match it with the beauty of POTUS’s efforts and achievements. It’s time to lower the boom on these coons.

• March 16, 2011 at 7:54 pm

+1,000,000 – and there is so much of this stuff.

• 5 Sue in Minnesota
      March 16, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I am computer challenged (retarded) any pointers you can pass along, I am all eyes.

I’ve avoided Facebook, but am going to get help from my niece for the sole purpose of illuminating “sundried pieces of bullshit” (awesome) in contrast to what is real and true. At the same time I want to engage my niece to network her college friends and associates. After all the future we are fighting for is theirs.

Girl, I am loving your spunk…lets get this done.

• 6 barb
        March 16, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I’m in there with you all. Have already talked to my grandaughter and her boyfriend. This will be their first election. She should be coming home tomorrow and will remind her. Since they go to a school in the middle of Kansas they have lots of talking to do with their classmates.

4. 7 Eleroy
    March 17, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Thanks for this great reminder!!!