Mar

green party (updated)

Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny, his wife Fionnuala, President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama at a St Patrick’s Day reception at the White House, March 17

President Obama: “Okay Joe, that’s enough. Joe? Joe? JOOOOOOOOOOE?!?!?”

Irish singer Glen Hansard sings The Auld Triangle with Timothy Shriver, chairman and chief executive officer of the Special Olympics, at St Patrick’s Day celebration in the White House

Error
This video doesn’t exist

For some reason this video doesn’t start working until about 10 seconds in – so, be patient! It’s from the Irish news tonight.

44 Responses to “green party (updated)”

1. 1 P
    March 17, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Guess we are not gonna see this live again…hmm false advertising lol! Nice tie Mr. President and Mrs O looks lovely as usual. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

2. 2 cat48
    March 17, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Hey Chipsticks, Love Shamrocks! The prez was a busy guy today; got a NO FLY ZONE approved by UN Security Council…..Gaddafi has rebels cornered in Bengahzi; kills more people daily! Sigh……

3. 3 Me4obama
    March 17, 2011 at 8:44 pm

What a perfect smile! Ann Stanley Dunham sure gave this human treasure to the world and she didn’t live long to see what a handsome, powerful, smart, funny,……..husband and father and a leader he turned out to be. Keep smiling my president I will love and support u until the end of time.

• 5 Kelly
      March 17, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Everything you said and kudos for referencing our President’s dear mother. What a woman!!

• 6 NewCenturyWoman
      March 17, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I think his dad, Barack Sr., would have been proud too. Underneath his dad’s distant exterior—and his many hurtful vices—was a brilliant and charismatic man whose redeeming qualities Barack Jr. no doubt inherited. Had he lived long to see how his “son from America” turned out, he might have become a changed man.

4. 7 zizi
    March 17, 2011 at 8:52 pm

VP Joe Biden better be careful….PBO is not gonna like that schmoozin’ going on with FLOTUS…Hmmmmmm :)

• 8 P
      March 17, 2011 at 8:55 pm

HAHAHA I was thinking the same thing lol jus didn’t want to say it like its not that obvious lol! Be careful Joe u might be kicked to the curb lol

• 9 stylishgurl
        March 17, 2011 at 8:58 pm

LOL… had the same thought :D but I like the relationship between the Obamas & the Bidens. It is sweet, how close Joe & Michelle are…I remember during the campaign Joe said how he liked Barack but loved Michelle :D

• 11 Soldier*1
      March 17, 2011 at 9:06 pm

That’s the first thing I thought of when i saw that picture. Umm Biden what are you doing? LOL

5. 12 P
    March 17, 2011 at 8:53 pm

OMG Michelle looked absolutely goregeous in that 7th photo with Mr Biden!!

6. 13 Me4obama
    March 17, 2011 at 8:58 pm

O’biden sir, u r in big trouble. What a great photo of Michelle and my vice president. What a shot. OMG.

• 14 NewCenturyWoman
      March 17, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Careful Joe. Had too much of the “green stuff” tonight?

• 15 P
        March 17, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Yep clearly he wasn’t thinking straight smoochin with the First Lady while the President giving his speech lol. But i’m sure the Pres saw him in the corner of his eyes and said to himself ‘I think i’m gonna need a new VP in 2012 cause this guy is over and Michelle she’s gonna have some explaining to do tonight, she better make up for it no excuses!!’ lol jokin’ hehe

7. 16 barb
    March 17, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Thanks what I was thinking also. Michelle is beautiful and her dress looks like a bunch of shamrocks. I have never seen such a happy smile on President Obama’s face holding that shamrock bowl. All around Everyone looks so happy, See what St. Patrick can do for you. They all deserve this moment. I am so thrilled they are going to Ireland. Good that our President gets to see another part of his roots.

8. 17 Proud of Obama
    March 17, 2011 at 9:14 pm

What lovely people. Joe, you’re going to have some explaining to do…

9. 18 barb
    March 17, 2011 at 9:15 pm

:lol: haaaaaa, that’s what I was thinking also. Michelle is beautiful and her dress looks like a bunch of shamrocks. I have never seen such a happy smile on President Obama’s face holding that shamrock bowl. All around Everyone looks so happy, See what St. Patrick can do for you. They all deserve this moment. I am so thrilled they are going to Ireland. Good that our President gets to see another part of his roots.

March 17, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Seems like my Vice President is having a wonderful Irish time!!

11. 21 majii
    March 17, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Beautiful pics and information like this is why you have 1,189,067 hits @ 9:16 EST, Chipsticks. You have me checking this blog throughout the day and night, and you never disappoint!!

12. 22 Perry
    March 17, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Wow…Michelle and the Vice Pres Joe Biden! Ooooh a little more space please between you two please….but I admit they are both sweet.

13. 23 Kelly
    March 17, 2011 at 9:20 pm

President Obama is so stunning I can’t handle…… In other news my favorite pic from this set is Mrs. O and VP Biden(pic#8).

14. 24 P
    March 17, 2011 at 9:23 pm

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Chipstick you have me rollin’ with that comment.. President Obama: “Okay Joe, that’s enough. Joe? Joe? JOE?!?!?” This blog could wake up the dead!! I love it and you Chipsticks its always the highlight of my day!

15. March 17, 2011 at 9:24 pm

The reaction to the VP and Michelle photos is cracking me up! :lol:

It should be remembered, Joe doesn’t drink – at all!!! But I think he was drunk with happiness, he seriously looooooves these Patrick’s Day receptions.

Will post the video as soon as it appears, lovely speeches from Joe, the President and Enda Kenny.

16. 26 Me4obama
    March 17, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Omgggggg mr. Vice president did u really have to wait till that poor man had to pull you away from his wife. I love Joe even more.

17. 27 anniebella
    March 17, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Hay Joe, where is the Misses? I like you alot Mr. VP, but back off will you? Ha! Ha! Hay Jill, where are you? Will the First Lady be going with the President on his next trip overseas?

18. 28 Eleroy
    March 17, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Lovely pictures!!! Great President, Great Vice President, Amazing and ravishing First Lady!!! They all ROCK!!!

19. 29 Anonymous
    March 17, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Woops……I double posted Chipsticks. Sorry.

When Joe is kissing Michele look at the interest Mrs. Kenny, is taking as President is saying Joe, Joe…………that is so fuuny..:lol:

March 17, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I noticed that too!! She’s thinking “hmm…Oh dear..what is President Obama going to do?” She probably is not too familiar with the nature of their relationship, which is apparently very trusting and close.

• March 17, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Hiya Hopefruit, Fionnuala is BIG in to politics, she’s one smart lady, so I’d guess she knows all about the relationship between the President, First Lady and the VP. From the photos I saw earlier today she really seemed to hit it off with Joe, she’s great fun. She was actually the PR person for her husband’s main political rivals, but he ‘converted’ her. :-)

20. 34 Me4obama
    March 17, 2011 at 9:46 pm

And u know what, chipsticks always waits until around this time, for me am going to bed soon and then she comes out with a hurricane of headline comments and pictures of PBO that sends us all Ladies in a tsunami of crushing adrenaline hormones of excitement of PBO awesomeness and now Michelle and Joe, am pumped up mow. Chipsticks u sure know how to drive us crazy giirrll. Shame on u.

March 17, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Only our VP Joe gets to be this close to our FLOTUS. Any other man and POTUS would deck him!

22. 36 louc1
    March 17, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Feeling a little down and then I saw this and now I’m Fired Up, Ready to Go – OBAMA 2012
    hat/tip: Wee See You

• 37 bonkers
      March 18, 2011 at 12:30 am

That is quite possibly the best video I’ve ever seen! FIRED UP!

• March 18, 2011 at 12:51 am

Can’t tell you how much I love your name
        :lol:

• 39 bonkers
          March 18, 2011 at 10:46 am

Thanks! Have thought the same about your name too. Mine is pretty versatile, especially for those looking to belittle me, but it came from my better half, who would say, “Ooopsie. You go bonkers?!” when one of our babies was learning to walk and fall down a lot. I was leaving my first comment ever at a blog and needed to enter a name, and then one of those moments happened right in front of me, and that was that! Thanks again for this place! READY TO GO!

23. 40 Tulips
    March 17, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Hey Chipsticks, thats my people. Lol!

24. 41 Asher in Boston
    March 17, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Wow, Chipsticks, what a bonanza. You are the bomb. Lovely pics, and Michelle looks stunning as always. Man, Chelle and Joe, were really having a blast, and that caption CS was too funny. Hope my Joe still has a job to go to tomorrow. LOL. But its soo nice to see our first and second couple really close and friendly and hit it on well together. Cant wait for the trip to Brazil, the Birmingham palace and now to Ireland. Iam soo happy for the people of Moneygall, they really have rooted for our President since day one, just cant wait for the pics and videos and as usual CS wont disappoint. Iam sure they will have a wonderful visit in Moneygall. Potus was ravishing. Dont know why, but I like the Irish premier and his wife, I cant tell why, but I got good vibes from them. They seem like nice people.

25. 42 AnitaW
    March 17, 2011 at 10:43 pm

That video of local Ireland news was great. I visited Ireland in 2004 and the people were so warm and friendly. And they do love their politics. I think President Obama and family will have a grand old time on their visit.

26. 43 Titti
    March 18, 2011 at 6:01 am

Lovely relationship the 1st & 2nd couple have. It’s like the POTUS is pulling VPB off FLOTUS in one of the pics!! It’s only a short hop and a skip from the UK to Ireland so I’m guessing one after the other.

27. 44 majii
    March 18, 2011 at 10:05 am

I missed it the first time watching the video, but that last guy, Henry Healey, is a distant relative of PBO! Woot! Woot!

RSS OFA