Mar

green day (updated)

President Barack Obama meets with Ireland’s Prime Minister Enda Kenny in the Oval Office on St. Patrick’s Day, March 17

US Vice President Joe Biden poses for a photo with Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny and his wife Fionnuala as they arrive at the Naval Observatory March 17

The President with Taoiseach Kenny and Rusty:

Error
This video doesn’t exist

For some reason this video doesn’t start working until 11 seconds in – so, be patient! It’s from the Irish news tonight.

24 Responses to “green day (updated)”

1. 1 ari
    March 17, 2011 at 12:03 pm

top of the morning to you too lol. Hey is the whitehouse fountain lit up like last year

2. March 17, 2011 at 12:05 pm

First..!!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day Everybody..!! :D

3. 3 meta
    March 17, 2011 at 12:11 pm

PBO’s announcement that he’ll be going to Ireland in May (probably same time he and FLOTUS visit the Queen) and will be visiting his ancestral homeland of Moneygall is totally exciting!! I bet those local folks are about as jazzed as you can get. I know I am!!

• 4 Theo67
      March 17, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Oh, this is fantastic! So much good energy from Ireland – the videos yesterday were priceless. I love that the Irish PM said there’s no one more Irish than President O’Bama – lvoely. PBO and FLOTUS need all the good energy they can get. I’m also happy about the good energy coming out of Brazil in advance of the visit this weekend.

4. 5 Theo67
    March 17, 2011 at 12:54 pm

“lovely”

5. 6 Sue in Minnesota
    March 17, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Happy St. Patricks Day…..Is the Prime Minister wearing clover in his breast pocket? I’m curious.

Chipsticks..will you have an opportunity to meet with visiting POTUS and FLOTUS…..do doubt, you’ll be hearing from their schedulers sometime soon. But be advised: You are going to have to take the rocket launcher out of your handbag…hard to get security clearance packing such serious HEAT!

Happy Day all you lads and lassies.

6. 8 Me4obama
    March 17, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Am so glad the president is visiting Ireland. He sure will receive the love and compassion of all the Irish people. I didn’t know chipsticks lives in Ireland. If so my wish of her meeting PBO may come true finally.

7. 9 Proud of Obama
    March 17, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Okay, got to go there. Man the President looks scrumptious in his green tie. Boehner should not stand next to this fine man.

8. 13 Asher in Boston
    March 17, 2011 at 3:00 pm

LoL. Rusty has a nice ring to it, for cry baby Boehner. Chipsticks you are a riot.

9. 14 Sue in Minnesota
    March 17, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Wow, that video of the exchange between Taoiseach Kenny (had to look that word up….so much smarter now) and President Obama thoroughly warmed my little Irish heart. Chipstick please tell me your Taoiseach is a leader worthy of Irelands people. He certainly has a warm and charming demeanor. I am really, really excited about POTUS and FLOTUS visit to Ireland. Please tell us you will have an opportunity to see them.

O’Leary, O’Reilly, O’Hare and O’Hara, no one is more Irish than Bar ack O’Bama…little jingle is jangling in my head.

I’m off to investigate my own Irish heritage. My great great grandparents immigrated from Ireland, but with little information passed down from that side of my family it’s going to be a treasure hunt. Not really sure if we are Irish or Scotish…we have been assured through associations with friends from both countries that we are…Ha Ha, so the question remains. If we hail from Northern Ireland would we be considered British or Irish?…my ignorance is painfully apparent.

Gone until our President speaks regarding the gravity of the situation in Japan.

• 15 UT Austin Liberal
      March 17, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Hey Sue is Chipsticks Irish? as in Irish from Ireland?.. Irish citizen.. living in Ireland? (so many questions i know..lol).. Chipsticks if you read this please answer!!.. thanks. and Happy St. Paddy’s Day to you :) Gosh i love Ireland :D

• 16 Eleroy
        March 17, 2011 at 10:23 pm

There are Americans of Irish descent and not living in Ireland today!!! Knowledge of Ireland and its politics and its leaders does not automatically mean a person is “Irish citizen, living in Ireland”!!!

• March 17, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Hey Eleroy, I don’t ever, ever want to mislead anyone here about my background or where I come from, but because of the nature of the internet and all the nutjobs who inhabit it I’ve opted for the ‘anonymous’ route while running this blog, so that’s why I don’t use my real name or give too many details about where I live, work, etc. I hope you understand. I know what I got in to when I started this blog, and in my non-internet life I will take on anyone when they talk shit about the President! But when you run a blog supportive of President Obama you attract the very worst of mankind. I’ve already had a few seemingly ‘friendly’ emails, sent through this blog, that ask me my name, where I’m from, etc, etc, and when I Googled the email addresses they led to Teabagger sites. So, it is for that reason only that I am ‘anonymous’ (ie Chipsticks!) – again, I hope you understand.

• 18 UT Austin Liberal
          March 18, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Hey Eleroy I didn’t mean to imply that knowledge of Ireland and its politics automatically means a person has to be an Irish citizen living in Ireland. Of course I know a majority of people are well versed in local and international politics. I was merely responding to what @Sue in Minnesota wrote asking if Chipsticks would have the opportunity to meet the POTUS and FLOTUS when they visit Ireland and I just thought it was pretty cool if Chipsticks was Irish or Irish American (doesn’t make a difference)and was presently in Ireland and therefore would have the opportunity to see the POTUS and FLOTUS and share firsthand in the excitement of the citizens of Ireland :)

• March 17, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Hellooooooooooooo UT! Well, let’s just say, if they examined my heart they’d find it was 50% Irish and 50% American – but add it up and you get waaaaaaay more than 100% :-)

• 20 UT Austin Liberal
          March 18, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Hey Chipsticks thanks for the polite answer :) I only asked because @Sue in Minnesota wrote to ask if you would have an opportunity to meet the POTUS and FLOTUS when they visit Ireland. And I just thought it was pretty cool if you were full Irish, or as you wrote 50% Irish, 50% American..lol. 100% Obama supporter and if you’d really get to see the president :)

10. 21 lisa
    March 17, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Oh lawks,oh lawks!!! If only the Tea Party radicals could see their titular leader rubbing elbows with that ‘devil’ Prez!!! Good gosh almighty, hell’s already freezing over :{

11. 22 cat48
    March 17, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Hmm…Rusty’s going to get cooties from being that close to the president! Or, maybe just attacked by a Teapublican! heh

12. 23 barb
    March 17, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Mora na maidine dhuit. A little late. :lol:
    Oh Happy Days!!! Love the smiles on their faces in the Oval Office. The President does have a little shamrock on his pocket. I hope O Rusty isn’t Irish. Sham, sham.

Chips you need to contact someone in the WH with a link to your blog and request an opportunity to be up close and personal with our President and his family if you are there. Or contact someone in Ireland.

I hope those young Irish girls Malia and Sasha are going also. Don’t know if they will meet the Queen. I’ll just have to wait for news.

I have a question here for anyone who knows. My family is Irish and at birthday parties we always sing “Happy Birthday” and then we add a refrain “For he’s a jolly god fellow etc” Does anyone know the source or is this a family tradition?

13. 24 Kelly
    March 17, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Notice how the Irish news person said “a relaxed President Barack Obama broke the news….” If it was our poor excuse for journalists they would say an aloof, distant Obama.