Mar

‘christ the redeemer’ (video)

6 Responses to “‘christ the redeemer’ (video)”

1. 1 Asher in Boston
    March 21, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Oh, Chipsticks, you are spoiling us rotten. I like it though. Thank you again.

2. 2 Proud of Obama
    March 21, 2011 at 4:16 pm

President Obama is such a good husband and father. It just shows in every interaction he has with his lovely family.

3. 3 P
    March 21, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Oh thanks so much Chipsticks! So nice to see Grandma Robinson and her friend there as well :). Malia always seems to soak in everything I can see why they call her Oracle, very smart girl. I like how Sasha pulled away from her daddy and went over to Grandma who greeted her with a warm hug! How nice, grandparents are really something, you can learn so much from them and I love to see Mrs Robinson..(like someone really told her I wanted to see more interaction between her and her grandbabies). Overall they are a REAL family, they are true LOVE!

4. 4 anameti
    March 21, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Thanks Chipsticks for chronicling the Obama’s Latin American trip. The photos and videos are truly heart warming. I am proud of our first family, they represent us well

5. March 21, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I’ve become fascinated with this wonderful statue and went to Wikipedia to discover how tall it is. It’s actually 130 feet tall including the pedestal, weighs 635 tonnes, and took nine years to build.

It’s the second largest art deco piece in the world, with a center of reinforced concrete and an outer layer of soapstone. There’s a chapel underneath the statue, used for weddings and baptisms.

Local engineer Heitor da Silva Costa designed the statue; it was sculpted by French sculptor Paul Landowski.

What an accomplishment! The art deco style fits so beautifully on that towering outcropping; art deco was used quite a bit at the time (1922 to 1931). I’m happy to say that the vertigo that I felt on first seeing it at a distance, is completely absent when viewed up close with people walking around, investigating the informational material available, and talking together.

I, too, was struck with the fact that the girls had their grandmother and their grandmother’s friend with them. How good and charming that family is! What wonderful role models they all are for all of us in this country and for people around the world.

Thank you for all these photos Chipsticks. This is a wonderful Monday indeed!

6. 6 EDP4BHO
    March 22, 2011 at 11:34 am

What a beautiful video. I am struck by the broad capabilities of our President…..touring as a diplomat, staying keyed in to the situation overseas, sightseeing, and being daddy all in the same breath. And then we have dumb people asking how could he be there instead of here while there are the Japanese and Libyan concerns. Just watching him shows you how talented he is in multi-tasking, and quite effectively. I reiterate….it is pure jealousy.

RSS OFA