Mar

as promised

Demonstrators gathered in Dublin to show their solidarity with the people of Libya in their struggle against Muammar Gaddafi and his regime

Politico: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton late Thursday announced that the U.S. and NATO have agreed to transition command and control of the no-fly zone over Libya to NATO, a step toward fulfilling President Obama’s directive that the U.S. military’s involvement be time-limited and discrete in nature.

“As expected we are already seeing a significant reduction in the number of U.S. planes involved in the operation as the number of planes from other countries increase,” Clinton said,

“today we are taking the next step.”

“All 28 allies have also now authorized military authorities to develop an operations plan for NATO to take on the broader civilian protections mission under resolution 1973.”

Clinton praised the international community for acting swiftly and said their action prevented a massacre in Benghazi.

“After only five days, we have made significant progress,” Clinton said, noting that the coalition has full control of the skies over Libya and USAID doctors have already begun to provide humanitarian assistance to the people of Benghazi.

20 Responses to “as promised”

1. 1 Me4obama
    March 24, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Now this is my president, always fulfilling his promises. And he will always keep doing it until the media realize what we all know,he is a man of his words. God I love him.

2. 2 Tulips
    March 24, 2011 at 8:39 pm

wow they have the USAID there already. Alright president Obama.

3. 3 cuphalffull
    March 24, 2011 at 8:39 pm

This is the first time the “Responsibility to Protect” has been implemented. I was feeling terrified for the people Gaddafi was so determined to kill. I also saw a video from Benghazi of an underground cell that had seven people in it that had been put there by the regime and had been essentially buried alive for a week. I am afraid we are going to get unbelievable stories from the places that are liberated. Thank God they went forward with this.

4. 4 Tulips
    March 24, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Im wondering what they did with the bodies of the people that creep murdered.

5. 5 Proud of Obama
    March 24, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I LOVE MY PRESIDENT!

Go ahead President Baaaaaaaaadasssss!

6. 6 HZ
    March 24, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I love it when he just keep walking, chewing gum, looking at Sasha’s shoes, playing with Bo, and still gets the job done the way he said it would be done. This is my President. God bless his BIG heart!!!!

7. 8 majii
    March 24, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I’m so proud of the protesters, and I’m doubly proud of our president and his advisers.

8. 9 Kelly
    March 24, 2011 at 9:25 pm

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA….One of a kind!!!!!! Perfection!! Man of his word, pragmatic, better than republican’s/PL’s sanctimonious favorites, etc…

9. 10 halo
    March 24, 2011 at 9:41 pm

F*** the media.

It sure would have helped if they had been this outraged before we went into Iraq. Apparently, they haven’t learned that Obama is smarter than all of them.

• 11 Sue in Minnesota
      March 24, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I think part of the MSM’s problem is they can not manipulate our President. They are fully responsible for their tactics. Our President has been waiting for the adults to arrive for well over 2 years. I have been watching, waiting for them to unspin their spin. So far they are still spinning away from reality.

How dumb do they think we are?

• 12 Asher in Boston
      March 24, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Amen. Halo.

• 13 UT Austin Liberal
      March 25, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I’m so with you Halo. I woke up this morning, watched morning joe and laughed my head off as they were first flabbergasted that President Obama actually worked with allies to get NATO to take over the no fly zone and then they tried to downplay the importance of the NATO directive. It reminded me of when they doubted him during the first few days of the Libya crisis and then bam! he gets a UN Resolution on a vote of 10-0

10. 14 anniebella
    March 24, 2011 at 10:27 pm

We who support President Obama have to keep praying for him and our country. Pray that the President will do the right thing. Pray for him and his family. In watching those pictures when they were in Latin America this pass week-end we saw how important his family is to him.

11. 15 Asher in Boston
    March 24, 2011 at 10:55 pm

I sooooooooooo despise the US. MSM. Pure idiots.

12. 16 HZ
    March 24, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Anniebella, you are correct in your observations about our President. Prayers must be said daily for our President. I cry out in prayer for him daily. Sometimes I get so down that this is the only peace that I get when I engage in prayer and positive thoughts, especially when I hear just plain out lies about him. It hurts so badly. I can see how all of this must hurt him at times. But he will be fine. Michelle, Sasha, and Malia are his love beside his faith, and he will make it through this first term, and he will make it through the second term. We will be strong with him. He is such an example for all of us. Wow, he has taken care of our business as our President, and then he has to listen to all of the evils things being said about him daily, well, that is a strong spirit within. So yes, let us pray for him daily. Thank you for your words, Anniebella.

13. 17 Iris
    March 25, 2011 at 2:24 am

Please forgive me for being a downer guys, but have any of you noticed that all the signs are written in English and not Arabic? I can understand that some of the signs may be in English but ALL of them. I don’t even see any signs written in the languages of the other countries that was involved let alone thanking the UN. Plus, they look brand new. Have any of you noticed it?

I’m sorry but I just can’t seem to get this out of my mind that something strange is going on that the President is not privy to.

That’s just how I feel, folks.

• March 25, 2011 at 7:29 am

Hi Iris, I should have put the caption on that photo and an earlier one I used in another thread – they are from protests in Dublin and London, which is why they are in English. I’ve seen dozens of signs from anti-Gaddafi protests in Libya that were written in Arabic, but I chose the English language signs so we’d understand them. Hope that’s cleared up!

14. 19 Iris
    March 25, 2011 at 2:28 am

Please show more pictures of protesters.

15. 20 anniebella
    March 25, 2011 at 4:55 am

HZ….Thank you. I just want it know that we heard don’t worship this President, we realize he is a human being like us all. But we get tired of the racists hater from the rightwing tea party. And if there is any decent Republicans they are running scare of the tea party, so they fall in line and act like the tea party. And now we are getting tired of the B.S.(excuse my language) coming from the PL. I believe he is trying to do the right thing. I don’t think he wanted to send our soldiers into another war, but he was trying to prevent many of Libyans from being slaugther. You would think the L would understand that. And to see how the Democrats have turn on him, don’t these politicans see that they stand a chance of maybe getting the House back because Barack Obama name will be on the ballot. It would have been nice if these Democrats had any concerns they would have went to the President with them, not the Cable Chatter Box. Who just love to attack the President.But I guess the President didn’t come bowing down to the ‘Great Congress’ so they were mad.I expect the Republicans to get on tv and disrespect the President, try to do damage. And that Dennis Kuninch ( I hope I spelled his name right, if not you know who I’m talking about) anyway he talking about impeaching the President. You know if I saw that little rugrat I wouldn’t chip his tooth I would knock it out. But then again he would sue me, so maybe not. We live in tough time, so prayer can’t hurt. Peace to you all.