Mar

“i don’t know about you, but i don’t have amnesia” (video added)

President Obama delivers remarks on his energy strategy at Georgetown University in Washington, March 30

Text of speech here

20 Responses to ““i don’t know about you, but i don’t have amnesia” (video added)”

1. 1 Dorothy Rissman
    March 30, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Chipsticks, forgive me for being a bit off topic, but this article by Thomas Friedman about Libya is very comforting.

• March 30, 2011 at 1:02 pm

That’s a terrific article Dorothy – finally, someone who understands the complexity of it all! Thank you so much for the link, just posted it ;-)

• 3 Dorothy Rissman
        March 30, 2011 at 1:17 pm

When I read it over coffee, I had to “publish” it immediately. He feels what we feel.

2. March 30, 2011 at 12:52 pm

My dear man, you should know by now that most of the country suffers from amnesia. And stupidity.

3. 6 collegekay
    March 30, 2011 at 12:53 pm

This was a great speech today. It’s amazing how some people forget, SMH.
    Btw, PBO has been looking extra GQ-ish lately. I wonder if he got some new suits.

• 7 Theo67
      March 30, 2011 at 12:59 pm

There was an article about his new suits – not sure where I saw it. Might have been here a couple of days ago. But, they said he’s using the European style of the side vents, rather than the simple typically American back vent. He looks good!

• 8 Dorothy Rissman
        March 30, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I am like the shorter, skinnier pant leg. He has the body for it.

• 9 Proud of Obama
          March 30, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Hi guys, I posted excerpts from a Politico article on the new more modern, sleeker European suits PBO is now wearing. You’re right, Dorothy, he has the body for it as photo number three shows. (nice thighs, Mr. President!) Here’s what I posted:

Some snippets:

For the most part, the president has shed his traditional center-cut suit coats in favor of jackets sporting two side vents, a sleeker look that originated on London’s Savile Row to cater to the riding set.

Obama hasn’t joined that crowd, so far as we know, but he has been photographed multiple times since the start of the year cutting a sharper figure in the more tailored attire.

//snip
          “Side vents feel much more modern, but still keeping in good taste in classic men’s styling,” leading menswear designer Joseph Abboud told POLITICO. Abboud is president and chief creative officer of HMX LLC’s portfolio, which features Hart Schaffner Marx as its flagship brand. Obama is a longtime fan of the Chicago-area clothier; he wore HSM suits when he accepted the Democratic nomination in August 2008 and for his inauguration five months later.

Abboud applauds the president’s switch to the in-vogue double-vented style. “He’s tall and lean, and he looks better in side vents,” Abboud said. The suits have “a bit of dash to them,” he added, but it’s just a pinch – “a subtle change men can do without going to extremes.”

Matt Landsberg, founder of Eric Finn Custom Clothiers in Washington, D.C., said that while the center vent is a “traditional American style” and side vents are “historically more European,” Obama is wearing the right cut for his 6-foot-1, roughly 175-pound frame.

“He’s maximizing his look and wearing what looks best,” Landsberg said, adding that the side vent “steers him away from the stodgy look that many politicians have … a boxy, older style.”

“It says that he’s in touch with what the majority of people are choosing right now,” Landsberg added. “And he’s aware that it is the style. Whoever is consulting him is selecting the right thing for him.”

Comment from me: Can you ever remember anyone worrying about and examining the suits Bush or any other president wore? As always our President has style, style, style.

4. 11 cuphalffull
    March 30, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I am going to print in large font size and put up on my bulletin board this wonderful line, “I don’t know about you but I don’t have amnesia.” Don’t you all feel that bubbling up from inside of you so often? This man speaks for me, that’s for sure.

5. 12 Debz
    March 30, 2011 at 1:03 pm

This was a great speech and hopefully he isn’t the only one who doesn’t have amnesia. He is looking GQ lately.

6. 13 lisa
    March 30, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I love when he throws in some of his own wry/ sarcastic humor into his speeches. They are always a huge hit!!!

• 14 Kelly
      March 30, 2011 at 1:41 pm

yeah like early on in the speech he did it several times when he was talking about how when gas prices rise erbody just about loses their damn minds and run around talking ish etc then when prices go down erbody chills….not his exact words of course but the hand gesture made me lol.

7. 15 tally
    March 30, 2011 at 2:18 pm

LOVE HIM!!! “YES, I DID!” Now here is a giant 500 gallon tanker of STFU.

GO OBAMA!!!

❤❤❤

March 30, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Is that Karl Rove’s brother grinning in the last pic?

9. March 31, 2011 at 5:20 am

5am in the morning and I still need to read comments and make comments. Also, he connected the dots with all the problems at his doorstep in 3yrs. Recession, uprisings, oil spill, gas prices, earth quakes etc….. I wish my President didn’t have to deal with all of this, but I am so Proud that my President is handling ever issue with the best he can give and he still seeks the best idea or ideas to solve these problems by listening to others.

Also, who new Secretary Chu created the design to stop the oil spill and I still remember the talking heads who wanted the President to swim down or send the military to stop the spill below sea level, what a joke…

• 20 tally
      March 31, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Exactly. Not only does he have more than his share of shit to fix, he’s got a country full of TROLLS who fight him every step of the way.

RSS OFA