Apr

union thugs! oh, wait.

TPM: It’s looking like the alleged vandalism of Wisconsin State Sen. Dan Kapanke’s car may not … have been vandalism at all.

Kapanke, one of the Republicans being targeted for recall by Democrats in the wake of Gov. Scott Walker’s newly-passed law curtailing public employee unions, had previously said his car’s windshield was smashed in Madison, allegedly on March 9 – the day that the bill was passed. He has also stated that he has received death threats, and that nails were scattered on his driveway back home.

….police who inspected the vehicle have characterized the damage to his windshield as only a crack, consistent with a stone that would have been picked up in the tire of another car and then thrown behind.

After inspecting the vehicle the officer told Kapanke the “chip and the crack” looked like a stone chip and “not someone hitting the windshield,” according to the police report. The report indicates two officers with the State Highway Patrol, including an accident reconstruction specialist, also examined Kapanke’s windshield.

They determined “the angle of the impact of the object hitting the windshield is consistent with a stone being picked up from another vehicle tire and launched into the air,” causing the crack … another officer reviewed video from a parking garage camera located near Kapanke’s car. The officer reported no one was seen near Kapanke’s car or damaging the windshield March 9.

18 Responses to “union thugs! oh, wait.”

1. 1 majii
    April 5, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Cantor redux. While the democrats’ offices were being attacked during the HCR debate, Cantor created a story about someone firing a gun at his VA office which also turned out to be false. Sorry, Kapanke, but this dog refuses to hunt.

2. 2 Eleroy
    April 5, 2011 at 8:17 pm

The GOP ought to be ashamed of themselves!!! They suck and are heartless!!!

3. 3 Hachikō
    April 5, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Just a reminder that the 2012 Kickoff with POTUS and VPOTUS is now: http://www.barackobama.com/livestream/campaign-2012-kickoff-call

April 5, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I listen to our VP and President tonight. I’m ready to do whatever I can. These Republicans are dangerous.

4. 5 UT Austin Liberal
    April 5, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Wow way to make an outright false claim just so people can turn against the Wisconsin Unions.

On another note,Hey Chipsticks, this isn’t related to this thread but the illustration for the First Lady’s book on The White House Garden is now out. So heads up Chipsticks..:)

5. 6 Proud of Obama
    April 5, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Listening to my VP and brilliant President AGAIN! Wonderful again.

6. 14 V C prezOfan2
    April 5, 2011 at 9:10 pm

It’s difficult for me to understand why these senators so consistently make up these stupid stories. How many times before it dawns on them that the investigations will eventually bring out the truth? It’s like when they take one position , then deny it a week later. Hell-o, there’s a record! I wonder if they are just clueless themselves, or if they believe everyone else is clueless. The sad part is that they demonstrate no embarrassment when the truth surfaces.

7. 15 Me4obama
    April 5, 2011 at 9:25 pm

After listening to the president, I died, went to heaven and now am back. I will listen again when chipsticks uploads it here. He is the best but most of all he was talking to me in the privacy of my home no TV nut jobs allowed to dictate and interpret what I heard. God knows how much I love my president.

8. 18 HZ
    April 5, 2011 at 11:18 pm

I can say the same, Sue. We have to get this wonderful President re-elected. May our collective strength always be there for him.

RSS Steve Benen