Apr

march…

President Obama stands by a cut-out picture of First Lady Michelle Obama during a visit to Miami Central High School, Fla., March 4 (Pete Souza)

…greeting Miss Florida Memorial University Morisa Jagrup at Miami Central High School, March 4 (Pete Souza)

…in the Blue Room before greeting recipients of the 2010 National Medal of Arts and National Humanities Medal, March 2 (Pete Souza)

…. greeting guests during the International Women’s Day reception, March 8 (Samantha Appleton)

….holding up four-month-old Alia Jawando as her father, William Jawando, Deputy Associate Director of Public Engagement, and her mother Michele look on in the Oval Office, March 9 (Pete Souza)

…. welcoming Make-A-Wish child Kennedy Alexander to the Oval Office, March 15 (Pete Souza)

…. greeting Halle Major during a Make-A-Wish visit in the Oval Office, March 29 (Pete Souza)

….greeting the daughter of a United States Secret Service agent before a departure picture in the Oval Office, March 1 (Samantha Appleton)

…. passing staff from the White House Military Office as he jogs along the Colonnade following an event that ran late, March 1. The military personnel and their families were lined up to take departure pictures with the President in the Oval Office. (Pete Souza)

…reading from his book, “Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters,” during a visit by Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer and his family to the Oval Office, March 2. Joining them, from left, are Justice Breyer’s wife Joanna Breyer, grandson Eli Essiam Breyer and daughter Nell Breyer (Pete Souza)

President Obama, Prime Minister Julia Gillard of Australia, and members of the Australian and American delegations look up at the presidential seal in the Oval Office ceiling following their bilateral meeting, March 7 (Pete Souza)

…. talking with Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny and his wife, Fionnuala Kenny, in the Green Room before a St. Patrick’s Day reception, March 17 (Pete Souza)

…. with President Sebastián Piñera of Chile, wife Cecilia Morel, and their family for a photograph during a dinner at La Moneda Palace in Santiago, March 21 (Pete Souza)

….greeting children during the U.S. Embassy meet and greet in Santiago, Chile, March 21 (Pete Souza)

Chilean First Lady Cecilia Morel, right, talks with First Lady Michelle Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia during a cultural event at the Museo Interactivo Mirador in Santiago, Chile, March 21 (Samantha Appleton)

…. at an official dinner hosted by Salvadoran President Mauricio Funes at the National Palace in San Salvador, March 22 (Pete Souza)

Lots more photos here

23 Responses to “march…”

1. 1 anniebella
    April 13, 2011 at 8:02 pm

That’s cute.

2. 2 LOL
    April 13, 2011 at 8:12 pm

What a HAM:)

3. 3 UT Austin Liberal
    April 13, 2011 at 8:22 pm

awww.. how cute is that? And his smile is so gorgeous :D

4. 4 dotster
    April 13, 2011 at 8:37 pm

So many cute and moving photos. Husband recently made me move my cardboard cutout of Barack down to the basement. I said, why?, he’s just going to be coming back up again in a couple months. But he’s jealous :) and I did it to keep the peace. My little 1 yr. old grandson plays down there with all his toys and he points at Obama and says, “pres-nit guy”.

• 5 EDP4BHO
      April 13, 2011 at 8:48 pm

How cute dotster….”pres-nit guy” LOL! Makes you wonder how many children paraded through the WH during the last administration, huh?

• 6 M
      April 13, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Dotster, That entire comment is so funny! I love that you have a card board cut out of the President! Where ever did you get it? My husband would also have me send it to the basement as he has started to refer to the President as my “boyfriend.” “Pres-nit” guy from your grandson is so sweet too.

• 7 dotster
        April 13, 2011 at 9:54 pm

My Indy daughter was working pt. time at a fun gift store, in addition to teaching, during the last campaign. They sold them there, and they sold like hotcakes. She got a big kick out of some of the little old ladies who would come in and all go giggling out the door, each with a lifesize Obama tucked under their arms. She gave one to me for a bday gift. It was a big hit!

5. 8 kelly
    April 13, 2011 at 8:50 pm

WOW WOW WOW Mr. Souza has outdone himself with these sets of pics. I honestly think these are my favs so far, just beautiful. President Obama remains perfection, so stunning. Love all the pics with children and the Miss Florida one.

6. 9 anniebella
    April 13, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Hay dotster, tell your husband he’s lucky you don’t move him to the basement. Ha! Ha! Just joking.Those are some lovely pictures of the President and the First Lady, and touching photos of President interacting with the kids,

7. 10 barb
    April 13, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Love all these pictures. I’ve never seen a cardboad of Michelle before. He loves it. Miss Florida: I wonder if she knew she would be meeting the President. She seems surprised. Just love the babies. The president needs to make a tour of the US with the title: “Bring your baby to have a picture taken with President Obama.” :LOL:
    That is a sweet lttle girl, in make a wish……she is so fragile. I wonder if she has a bone disease or type1 DM.
    Oh my goodness went back up to the top and wow………..all these new ones added.

Chipsticks you sure know how to keep us happy. Thank you. Now back to the top.

8. 11 Jessica
    April 13, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Loved Malia’s dress in Chile. I think it’s a lovely spring dress, young, fun, and flirty.

9. 12 M
    April 13, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Michelle is stunning! The image of PBO with the Michelle cut out is adorable, but it does not compare to how completely gorgeous she looks in that last image. Their marriage and partnership is such a beautiful example for us all.

10. 13 Sue in Minnesota
    April 13, 2011 at 9:24 pm

The Make a Wish children are pulling on my heart strings. Health is our greatest treasure.

11. 16 kelly
    April 13, 2011 at 9:25 pm

OT…American Idol is so good tonight. I am entertained, I honestly can’t choose who to vote for, they are all slamming. :D

12. April 13, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I’ve never seen or heard of a Secret Service agent bringing their children to meet the President. I suspect his little girl wanted to meet the President before her dad’s assignment ended…

13. 18 Morisa Jagrup
    April 13, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Greetings!! I am so ecstatic right now!! Thank you for capturing that enlightening moment with our President!!!! I love it!!!! :D Thank you so much! Morisa V. Jagrup Miss Florida Memorial University 2010-2011

14. 19 Titti
    April 14, 2011 at 6:03 am

How precious. Thanks Pete for taking us thru this journey with this wonderful family and administration.

15. April 14, 2011 at 6:31 am

All beautiful photos especially of the children and older folks. I especially like the photo of the justice an d his family. Hope they have a birth announcement in the local paper for master Eli Essiam Breyer the grandson of the supreme court justice. It is possible he too could be president.

His is the face of the future I guarantee it.

16. April 14, 2011 at 12:20 pm

These photos make my HEART SING! Thank you!

17. 23 Rita
    April 14, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I’m always so happy to see pictures of our President with children. You can clearly see his genuine love for kids and the feeling is reciprocated. Children are the best judge of character!