Apr

on the ball (video added)

President Obama looks at a football presented to him during a ceremony presenting the Commander-in-Chief Trophy to the Air Force Academy football team in the Rose Garden at the White House, April 18

President Obama takes a hand off from Air Force Academy running back Jared Tew

34 Responses to “on the ball (video added)”

1. 1 collegekay
    April 18, 2011 at 2:49 pm

LOL is that a Leotard style jersey? I’d love to see PBO in that. Lemme stop..

2. 6 Shirley
    April 18, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Nice Pictures :-)

3. 7 kay360
    April 18, 2011 at 2:55 pm

One of the things I love about this President is his easy smile. He loves people. I hope he knows how many people love him, too.

4. 8 Perry
    April 18, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Look at all those wonderful smiles – from the President AND the young men.

5. 9 kelly
    April 18, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Look at that beautiful president and that gorgeous smile of his. t4p.

6. 10 Jessica
    April 18, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Shipping out to Sheppard AFB June 28th for basic. Nice to see some of my fellow Airmen.

7. 20 Debz
    April 18, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Best of luck to you, Jessica.

That is a fine looking President we have there.

8. 21 dotster
    April 18, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I love to see President Obama at these kind of events; he always seems to really enjoy giving recognition to these winning teams, and they always look so proud to be there with the POTUS.

9. 22 EDP4BHO
    April 18, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Funny, we read and inform each other of the negativity of the MSM, the Congress, wing nuts, and so-called progressives, and we sometimes figuratively tear our hair out, and then we see our President with this big, gorgeous, self-assured smile and demeanor, and then you have to wonder, what’s up with him? :-D

10. 24 ber6964
    April 18, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Darn but that man is all out HANDSOME!

11. 25 HZ
    April 18, 2011 at 6:05 pm

These are so beautiful. That smile Mr. President is so wonderful. And thank you Jessica for your service and may your life be filled with many blessings. God bless you.

12. 26 CEB
    April 18, 2011 at 6:24 pm

My goodness, I usually try to be a good girl and just comment on his wonderful inner qualities and abilities as a leader, but PBO appears especially handsome in these photos! Pic #4 is the GQ look; 8 and 9, the smooth, yet macho,cool everyman look; and #16 infectious and as unself-concious in his laughter as a child. There is just something about this man.

He looked like he was having fun. I am so glad that he has that ability to compartmentalize things so that he can find joy even admidst the many challenges of the job.

April 18, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I see you really are trying to be a good girl here… :) :)

• 28 lisa
      April 18, 2011 at 7:30 pm

oh hun, trust me, he makes it especially hard to be a good anything ;) Even if we were canonized, he’d still make us feel the way we do. That man is too fine for his own good. Miche is one lucky woman.

13. 32 globalcitizenlinda
    April 18, 2011 at 6:59 pm

this was an very occassion with very many happy and handsome people – especially POTUS the CIC!!

I love the vibrancy of these photos and the almost-edible background.

I am also noting that President chose to dress in colours similar to that of the uniform of the trophy-winning Air Force Cadets – so nice all over!

14. 33 Carolyn
    April 18, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I thought immediately of my dad when I saw these pictures. How he would have loved to see Air Force win this award! He longed for the day when Air Force beat Army and Navy. Sadly he didn’t live at all long enough. The other win he desperately wanted was for the Red Sox to win the World Series, and he didn’t live long enough for that either! But I can say this today: “Here’s to you Daddy!” Enjoy!

RSS OFA