Apr

stay classy, brad watson

This a clip of the interview the President did yesterday with WFAA-TV of Texas

Does this Brad Watson creature usually treat Presidents with that much disrespect and contempt, if he’s ever interviewed one before, or might he have a particular problem with President Obama?

In his (written) report on the interview (here), Watson said: “After the interview, Obama pointed out that he doesn’t like an interviewer challenging his comments. “Let me finish my answers the next time we do an interview, all right?” he said.”

You can hear the exchange at the end of the interview – where does the President say “he doesn’t like an interviewer challenging his comments”? He doesn’t. Watson speaks over the start of the exchange, in which the President says “… let me finish my… questions”, then says: “Let me finish my answers the next time we do an interview, all right?”

So, Watson lied. The President did not object to his comments being challenged, only to not being extended the courtesy of the chance to finish his answers.

But Watson lies to give the impression that the President cannot handle being ‘challenged’ by hard-hitting, truth-seeking reporters of his magnificent quality. And, as we all know, the President has soooooo little experience of being challenged. :roll:

I’m just surprised Watson didn’t ask: “Where’s your birth certificate, boy?”

You can contact the channel here or at feedback@wfaa.com or on 214-748-9631

There’s also an email address on the site for Watson (bwatson@wfaa.com) but I’m not sure there’s much point in contacting him directly – it would probably get lost in the avalanche of congratulations from Teabaggers.

***

The President also did interviews yesterday with WRAL Raleigh (see here – thank you Donna), WTHR Indianapolis and KCNC Denver.

46 Responses to “stay classy, brad watson”

1. 1 lisa
    April 18, 2011 at 8:30 pm

sorry guys, I know this is off topic, but, I just realized that Sasha is a nick-name, her real name is Natasha. Wow. I feel like such a loser for not knowing that :( Either way, both are beautiful names.

• April 18, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Lisa, I’ll have to ban you for that gap in your knowledge.

:lol:

• 3 lisa
        April 18, 2011 at 10:16 pm

haha. I know!!!! i was embarrassed to write that! Bad Obamabot, BAD!I shall endeavor to atone for this monumental indiscretion. Don’t judge me too harshly, please everyone :(

• 4 V C prezOfan2
          April 19, 2011 at 9:54 am

I don’t know Lisa, I’ll have to think about it. This is a serious gap in your knowledge of this family! :lol:

• 5 collegekay
      April 18, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Awww. A lot of people think her real name is Sasha. lol. My question is — what is her middle name? She’s listed as Natasha M. Obama. I know Malia’s is Ann. So MAYBE Sasha’s is Marian after FLOTUS’ mother.

• 6 meta
        April 18, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I thought maybe it was Madelyn for PBO’s maternal grandmother but I just Googled it and it’s:

Natasha Moriama Kay Robinson Obama

You go Sasha!!!!

• 7 collegekay
          April 18, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Robinson? She has FLOTUS’ maiden name? I’m confused.

• 8 fig8jam
            April 19, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Is it possible that Moriama Kay Robinson is Michelle’s paternal grandmother?

• 9 Jessica
              April 19, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I looked through Michelle’s family tree and didn’t see anyone with a similar name. I think Kay is from Mama Kaye Wilson and Robinson is from Michelle. Don’t know where the Moriama comes from (maybe a combination of family members).

• 10 Jessica
              April 19, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Michelle’s grandmother’s name is LaVaughn Dolores Johnson. Michelle’s middle name comes from her paternal grandmother.

• 11 majii
            April 20, 2011 at 11:24 am

My daughter has her maternal and paternal grandmothers’ first names, my maiden name, and her father’s last name. I wanted to honor both grandmothers, my parents’ last name and my married name, so I named her accordingly!

• 12 Jessica
          April 19, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Here’s Malia’s full name. Cute. I like Kaysha.

Malia Ann Kaysha Robinson Obama

• 13 Jessica
      April 19, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I just found out her middle name starts with an M. I wonder what it is. Michelle or Madelyn maybe.

2. 15 anniebella
    April 18, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Now that the lady asked the President were the jobs are? Now she needs to go find John Boehner and ask him were are the jobs? The Republicans have been in control of the House for four months, they have dealt with everything,but jobs. Where are the jobs Speaker Boehner?

• 16 louc1
      April 18, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Exactly, Boehner and Teapublicans where are the jobs?????????????

• April 18, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I’m thinking WTF with that question…. Reclown party spending time trying to gut all the programs for 99% of Americans who receive a weekly paycheck instead of their platform job, jobs, jobs…..

• 18 Jessica
      April 19, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Oh Velma Hart. She is such a fake. After the SOTU she was apologizing and saying how she’ll encourage her daughter a teacher because that’s what she wants to be. And now she’s back on MSNBC with the foolishness. She’s seriously looking for a book deal.

3. 19 halo
    April 18, 2011 at 8:58 pm

chipsticks the full interview is here: http://denver.cbslocal.com/

scroll down to cbs4 video and the first icon has the full interview.

4. 21 Fred
    April 18, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Hey Boehner,

Where are the jobs! You promised jobs if you get the house. Where are the jobs. You said there would be jobs. How many jobs bills have you done? I thought your focus was going to be on jobs? How many bills in the past 100 days have been about jobs?

5. 22 anniebella
    April 18, 2011 at 10:11 pm

We have to work hard to get Barack Obama re-elected in 2012, and to give the Speaker of the House job back to Nancy Pelosi. Her last name isn’t spell right but you know who I’m talking about.

6. 23 kelly
    April 18, 2011 at 10:41 pm

That lady from Denver has bad poster. The interview from NC asked great questions and remained respectful….woo hoo my state ftw. POTUS handles this sort of thing so well because he is honest and authentic.

7. 24 kelly
    April 18, 2011 at 10:42 pm

*posture….i hate iphone posting.:)

8. 25 Cindy Sweatt
    April 18, 2011 at 11:22 pm

I live in Denver and am always amused when Shawn Boyd does her political analyzing gig. She is always so opinionated and right leaning. A lot of my friends have stopped watching channel 4 because of her.

9. 26 Eleroy
    April 19, 2011 at 2:10 am

President Obama RULES!!! We stand solidly behind you dear President!!! Thanks for everything you do!!!

10. April 19, 2011 at 4:56 am

The reporter from Texas really got the President upset.

The guy was doing the whole Fox News thing.

11. 28 collegekay
    April 19, 2011 at 7:45 am

I have never seen the President so upset. He was clearly agitated by this guy and for good reason. Seems like Brad Watson was trying to be a little mini Bill O’Reilly.

12. 33 Ana
    April 19, 2011 at 8:10 am

I am so mad after watching the Brad Watson and Obama interview. Just finished firing off my email to the station, even though I know it will do no good. Mr. Watson proved why he reports locally and not nationally. He treated the President with disrespect and contempt as you stated. It is appalling.

13. 34 anniebella
    April 19, 2011 at 8:30 am

Well that creep Watson( WFAA-TV) who interview the President was terrible.He did remind me of the folks at FOX. And I did send a email to that station and told them what I thought of Watson and the way he disrespected our Presdent. I don’t blame the President for saying what he said to that idiot Watson. I hope some of you will email that station and let them know that you didn’t like it one bit how their reporter treated President Obama.

14. April 19, 2011 at 9:13 am

Brad Watson needs to be put back in his cage. He must be auditioning for a spot on the national Fox “News” team.

15. 36 meta
    April 19, 2011 at 9:30 am

WOW, this guy from Texas is a real idiot! What kind of “interview” was that? His smug face, nasty tone and BS assumptions were DISGUSTING. I wonder what the rest of the tape looked like? Totally classless and something that would never happen to W, the worst president ever. My blood is boiling. UGH.

• 37 Dorothy Rissman
      April 19, 2011 at 11:50 am

Classless indeed. Of course, this happens to the president so frequently. Gee, could it be more than political? You bet it is. We know why these white asshats speak to the president in a demeaning fashion. It disgusts me.

Chipsticks, thank you as usual.

16. 38 Carolyn
    April 19, 2011 at 9:35 am

I also wrote the station. I said that I knew his mother had brought him up to be polite, not rude. If he is Texas bred, referring to his mother’s good upbringing should make him feel chagrined. I’m glad others wrote too. These people need to hear from us. I’m afraid we’re going to have to be as noisy as the far right to get noticed, although always polite.

17. 39 louc1
    April 19, 2011 at 9:43 am

I just contacted the station as well. I wrote my comments based on what you guys said cause I could not stand to listen. I am really so sick and tired of these people. Even if you don’t like the President at least respect the position. For the life of me I can not understand why anyone would treat President Obama the way they do. He is one of the most gentle, compassionate people I have ever seen. The old folks used to always say “God don’t like ugly” and I do believe these hateful people will reap what they sow!!

18. 40 GOVCHRIS1988
    April 19, 2011 at 9:46 am

Oh come on, you know that Watson interview was butchered to three minutes, editing the President’s responses. I mean, come on, Democrats haven’t won in Texas since 1976. Nowadays, a Democrat loses by 10 in that state IS AN IMPROVEMENT! I SEE how Rick Perry got re-elected though. This guy Hannity’ed that interview to death. That was an outright one sided smear job conducted there. I would make sure that son of a bitch never got another interview in Washington.

• 41 fig8jam
      April 19, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I agree Chris…I think that is why the shytface said POTUS doesn’t like his comments challenged..when clearly he told that asswipe to stop interrupting him while he was talking. The incivility this POTUS has to put up with is just outrageous. He has to tell these ignorant entitled white boys to STFU and listen! See, the problem is they all have ADD and don’t know how to listen to complete well thought out answers and still remember the next question they want to ask. They focus on their replies rather than engaging in a serious conversation…cause they already know Obama is gonna talk rings around their asses.

Make them look like idiots because of their gaps in historical knowledge and even current events. Thus they act like bunny rabbits hopping from topic to topic and interupt the POTUS.

Just disgusting!

19. 42 lexusv
    April 19, 2011 at 10:05 am

If that was Watson’ best shot, he better look for a new job. I thought the president made him look incompetent at best. The way President Obama had to make things clear to him about what answered was embarassing to a professional. All journalist should learn you can’t cage a thinking man who has not lied or said something he does not believe in. Job well done President Obama ;o)

20. 43 Titti
    April 19, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Arghhhh I can’t stomach watching the video. What is up with these guys thinking they can disrespect this guy?! Hope he is blacklisted by the WH, he should stay in his neck of the woods and interview people of his ilk.

21. 44 lisa
    April 19, 2011 at 5:09 pm

okay, so I just called and left a message for Brad Watson, though apparently his voice mail is full (hopefully with angry responses like mine) so they allowed me to leave the message on the general voice mail service( after I stipulated that I’d leave it where-ever the hell they wanted me to as long as that asswipe would hear it, the kind lady was very helpful-something tells me she didn’t cotton to that fools “interview”). The operator was very nice and I must admit, I found myself adapting a sweet southern accent because she was so kind. Anyway, I told that sucker (Watson) that he was obviously a Bill O’Reilly wannabe and that he should stop trying because he can’t pull it off. Also I called him a hack and told him that whatever so-called journalism school he went to, it obviously sucked because he is awful. I also told him to go get his money back and called him a liar.

22. April 19, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Some of the Republican Tea party supporter thinks they can talk to President Obama, its called Bullying and i think Brad Watson was doing just that. and lied to make himself look good. The truth is hard for some people.
    If i was GOD and two or three more people like Brad Watson would have to go. Its a JOKE, that i wish were true. LOL.

23. 46 James T.
    April 20, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Brad Watson is an idiot and a jerk. I live in Texas but I hate the Republican majority we have here. Won’t someone please oust the Rick Perry Republican machine. He is cutting our education budget and not giving a fudge about our school children. DEMOCRATS unite!

RSS OFA