Apr

nice, they’re calling veterans morons now.

Orlando Sentinel: A town hall meeting held in Orlando by U.S. Rep. Dan Webster degenerated into bedlam Tuesday, with members of the crowd shouting down the freshman Republican congressman and yelling at one another.

Webster tried to go over a series of charts showing growing levels of federal spending and debt, and the reason he supports the federal budget plan put forward by Rep. Paul Ryan. But he was interrupted at every turn by shouts from his critics, including members of progressive groups such as Moveon.org and Organize Now.

Boos and shouts of “liar” were mixed with angry accusations that Ryan’s plan to change Medicare would leave those now under 55 without health insurance in their retirement, calls to eliminate the tax cuts first put in place by former President Bush and the need to raise corporate taxes rather than cut entitlement programs.

When one man who said he was a veteran yelled that he wanted to know why Webster was cutting Medicare and veterans’ benefits, his answer came from the audience instead.

“We can’t afford it, you moron!” a red-faced man screamed.

More here

Thanks Fred

14 Responses to “nice, they’re calling veterans morons now.”

1. 1 Lovepolitics2008
    April 26, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Ok so are they saying that all people protesting are “liberals”, “democrats” ? If so, I’m a bit disappointed. I thought even REPUBLICANS were not happy with Ryan’s budget…

• 2 Fred
      April 26, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Let them. Anyone with half a brain can see a lot of these people are not far right. A lot of them look like your typical old white male Republican actually. Like that guy with the huge beer gut calling the Viet vet a morAn. Classy!

• 3 Fred
        April 26, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Correction, “these people are not far left”.

I wish Chipstick would install an edit feature! :)

2. 4 maritza
    April 26, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Oh really, MORON? My husband gets $123.00, per month; from the VA b/c he became deft due to the Vietnam War (USMC). Did I mentioned that he (my husband) is not that all that together do to whatever he went through in that war? I am not going to tell him that and hope that you don’t either.

• 5 barb
      April 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Sorry to hear that maritza. My courageous husband served on the DMZ at Quang Tri, Dang Ha, Vietnam.(USMC) He was not a moron and paid for it with his life dying of Agent Orange. People should think before they say stupid things.
      OF course these are those who never served and would have gone to Canada wetting their pants all the way.

• 6 HZ
      April 26, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Maritza, I am so sorry that you had to hear that rude and hateful person. I saw that, and I was so hurt. But please accept from me my appreciation, my love, and my respect for your dear and brave husband for his service. Please give him a squeeze in his hand and just say a lady in Ca. said to tell you “Thank you.”And Maritza, thank you for making the sacrifice for us. I am deeply hurt by that clipping.These things just should not be happening in this country.

3. 7 StR
    April 26, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I bet the Sentinal made specific mention of Americans for Prosperity and the like packing the HCR townhalls, and Koch busing in protesters to rallys across the country.

This report is trying to delegitimize the pushback by saying it’s all far liberal groups causing the chaos.

4. April 26, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Not to change the topic, but I was looking for videos on President Obama at Harvard and I came across this video of him meeting a class mate last year. He is just so awesome and down to earth.

5. 10 Luci1119
    April 26, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I just love this RE-pubs catching hell at the Town Hall Meeting, on their budget plan. those People are squaking loud.

I just wonder If the Repubs feel Inadequate? Do they think they can win with their budget? I mean I just wonder what’s their mind set? Do you really think People gonna elect them, vote for them?? I mean this Is gonna be Interesting.

6. 11 Luci1119
    April 26, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Ahhhh Donna, thanks for the Video, really nice, iwas watching our Beloved play Basketball, and make a few hoops, he’s good, I tell you :-) Thanks again, I listen to Hill Harper tell about their Friendship, nice.

7. 12 anniebella
    April 26, 2011 at 11:28 pm

You can expect anything to come out of the mouth of Tea-Republicans. That’s how evil they are. Hi Donna, I like the video, and you’re right Michelle looks great.

8. 13 fig8jam
    April 27, 2011 at 8:15 am

What I found particularly disgusting about the video was the congressman’s lack of response to the issues raised by constiuents. It was clear that he was programmed with a script and did not detour from canned responses. Real issues were simply ignored as he continued to push through with his script and point to those charts.

Unbelievable!

Folks need to recall his ass. These congresspeople think all they have to do is say on script to stay in office. Being responsive is simply not on the table.

How dare these politicians be so self-centered that they don’t deign to engage real issues from real people…he basically ignored the people he was elected to represent!

9. 14 fig8jam