Apr

there is *always* hope. night everyone.

*****

Tomorrow, the President and First Lady will sit with Gabrielle Giffords as they watch the launch of Endeavour with her husband Mark Kelly on board. There is always hope.

Night everyone, see you tomorrow

Friday:

8:30 AM The first family departs the White House

10:50 AM Arrives in Alabama

11:10 AM President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama view the damage in Alabama, as well as meeting with Governor Bentley, state and local officials and families affected by the storms

12:45 PM The first family departs Alabama

2:10 PM: Arrives in Cape Canaveral, Florida

2:45 PM The first family tours the orbiter processing facility

3:30 PM: …views the launch of the space shuttle Endeavour

5:40 PM President Obama arrives in Miami, Florida

6:55 PM: ….delivers the Miami Dade College commencement address

9:05 PM … departs Miami

11:30 PM … arrives at the White House

27 Responses to “there is *always* hope. night everyone.”

1. 1 Mae who love our CIC
    April 28, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Yes we shall not lose hope. Thanks for a wonderful day. Nite nite.

2. 2 symmetry11
    April 28, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Good night, Chipsticks! Thanks for all you do.

3. 3 kay360
    April 28, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Funny, some pundits are talking about the royal wedding. I am enthralled by our own home-grown all-American royalty. Government is good again when I see this President at work. In everything he does, he is graceful, compassionate, humble, smart, and gives the best of himself. He is quite regal to me.

I wish Mark and Gabby all of God’s loving kindness, joy, and healing. People like these as well as our President and First Lady inspire me to believe in the best of this country. God bless us!

PS. I will not be watching the royal wedding. British royalty was a passion of mine in adolescence, but I’ve grown out of it. Besides, this President is so regal in his bearing that it has rekindled that passion and this West Wing is more than enough for me.

4. 4 Gloria Powell
    April 28, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Goodnight and thank you Chipsticks for bringing back these powerful images. I’m so grateful to be daily nourished in spirit here.

5. 5 UT Austin Liberal
    April 28, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Chipsticks thank you so much for today, it has been a hubbub of news,hope, news, hope, news, and more hope. I looove it. To end the day with this video is a perfect salutation. I have been on this website throughout today. I have not done anything… seriously.. :lol:

To somewhat quote Al Pacino: “Everytime I try to leave (insert here: I really don’t ..love the blog toooo much) they pull me back in”. :D

6. 6 yardarm756
    April 28, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Goodnight all. i look at these photos with tears in my eyes. i look at the President and First Lady and feel their pain.
    May GOD continue to hold them up!

7. 7 dotster
    April 28, 2011 at 11:11 pm

I see President Obama has another jam-packed day tomorrow—-touring the devastation in Alabama, the shuttle launch and then a commencement address at Miami-Dade. Whew!

8. 8 northanger
    April 28, 2011 at 11:12 pm

always hope.

forgot to mention, Spaceflight Now Mission Status Center for STS-134 Endeavour Launch: for streaming and live updates.

9. 9 Sue in Minnesota
    April 29, 2011 at 12:18 am

This is something we would be wise never to forget. Godspeed Commander Kelly and continued prayers Gabby for your full and complete recovery and renewed spirit. Cream rises to the top, that’s what I have to say about our remarkable President and First Lady, we are blessed.

Thank you northanger for the link …I am anxious that our MSM will find away to short circuit coverage of tomorrows launch…oh me of little faith in our media.

SF –(BOYCOTT THE MEDIA)..Stop aiding and abetting the misinformation stream!

• 10 northanger
      April 29, 2011 at 1:04 am

Rest your good heart Sue in Minnesota. Miles O’Brien is handling Spaceflight Now coverage during the launch, he should do a good job. Otherwise, watch NASA TV. C-SPAN is streaming the launch & I’m thinking the White House may also stream this live.

Btw, the rotating service structure finished moving away from Endeavour. Next big milestone is tanking.

10. 11 HZ
    April 29, 2011 at 12:30 am

Thank you again Chipsticks for a great day. I was not feeling well most of the day, but this beautiful place of love, respect, and grace keeps me coming back. Have restful night, Chipsticks. Thank you again.

11. 12 HZ
    April 29, 2011 at 12:42 am

What vivid photos of what love can comfort in the time of great need. I believe that Gabby and Mark Kelly really did connect with their First Family. You can see rare and almost a sacred emotional overflow in these two families faces, and body language. It was almost like an “better angel moment” where the angels were all over that place that day when POTUS spoke and spent time with those families who were surely hurting . We shall pray for them tonight and tomorrow. May God bless the Emdeavour’s Launch tomorrow and we thank you Lord for the recovery of Gabby Gifford. We thank you for the time, wisdom, and grace that you gave Mark Kelly to continued to prepare for this trip. We thank you for your wisdom given to the medical doctors and their staff for bringing Rep. Giffords to the point that she will see this take place. I pray that you will give order, calmness, peace, strength, and mental awareness for the many blessings that you have given us the opportunity to see your hand of mercy and grace to make this happen tomorrow. We give you all the praise and we glorify your Holy Name. Thank you Almighty God. Amen

12. 13 mtmarilyn
    April 29, 2011 at 1:02 am

Such a beautiful prayer HZ. Tomorrow is a full day for them. Good night all.

13. 14 P
    April 29, 2011 at 1:06 am

Good Night everyone!! Tomorrow is another day to live in a greater way! Don’t forget to say a prayer for our President Barack Obama and his family!!

14. 15 northanger
    April 29, 2011 at 1:16 am

I just realized Pete Souza may be taking photos of Endeavour. AWE.SOME. {i’m like spazzing just thinking about it} :)

15. 16 V C prezOfan2
    April 29, 2011 at 1:28 am

Can’t fight sleep any longer – was just waiting fot the good night video. Good night, Everyone! Sleep tight!

16. 17 Eleroy
    April 29, 2011 at 4:06 am

Let’s hope the stinking media can break away from their fluff crap in london to show this!!!

Jay’s Other Stuff

Everybody’s got their own pile of stuff.

Ask me anything
    Archive / RSS
    2011-04-28 The two big news stories this week have been:

A) A young couple being exalted and celebrated and treated as more worthy & special than all the rest of us, for no reason but the family they were born into, or are marrying into.

and

B) A man who started from nothing, yet pulled himself up to the highest of heights and became an inspiration to millions..who through a lifetime commitment to hard work, scholarship and integrity has achieved things that 200 years of history had judged impossible..but who still, after all that, is being treated as less worthy than the rest of us, as less than a man, less than a citizen, simply because of the family/race/skin he was born into.

You’ll have to forgive me if I don’t shed a tear for the royal wedding.

17. 18 CEB
    April 29, 2011 at 6:02 am

Eleroy,

Co-sign.

18. 19 Lisa
    April 29, 2011 at 6:42 am

I’m up! Have been since 6 am but am afraid of turning on the tv and being wacked in the face with the Royal Wedding. Hm. Can’t escape it, every station is in on that bit of fluff. If only they’d be that eager to hear PBO speak. Ugh :( can’t wait to see coverage of the first family.

• 20 Me4obama
      April 29, 2011 at 7:02 am

Lisa, morning. Me too am so afraid to turn on the TV, the royal wedding is not my cup of tea and we have 300 people dead in Alabama but the lazy media is all wedding crazy.

• 21 lisa
        April 29, 2011 at 7:33 am

So true. That’s why the media is such a joke. Ridiculous.

April 29, 2011 at 7:34 am

Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer and Robin Roberts are products of their brainwashed environment that they grew up in where girls were taught to be “princesses” who needed to be rescued from life by a “prince” in a fairytale marriage. In 2011, they still haven’t outgrown that nonsense and they disgust me with their nonstop googooing and gagaing and oohing and ahing over this non-event that should have been relegated to the E! Network, and shows like ET.

• 24 Sue in Minnesota
      April 29, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Lisa, I feel the same about the wedding…how anyone can stand the constant fishbowl life of “celebrity”, concocted and reality challenged as it is, escapes me. I am avoiding the TV…especially since I now refuse to watch CBS, NBC and Fox Lies, and will view CNN only in the case of extreme emergency.

I am so disappointed that the shuttle launch has been postponed, especially for the Obama girls, to be a part of that history would be unbelievable. I wish President Obama would cancel the Correspondents dinner tomorrow night and hang out in Fl. Those boneheads in the media aren’t worthy of his presence. Donald Trump invited guest of the Washington Post…really! Bristol Palin invited guest of People magazine…..scrapping the sewers for these “celebs” are they?!

• 25 V C prezOfan2
        April 29, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Oh no! I totally forgot that other ‘intelligent’ guest celebrity – the one from People Magazine. Can you imagine the media furor if the President tendered last minute apologies? He won’t, but a part of me would enjoy it if he did. After all, there is a crisis in the south. ;)

19. 26 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    April 29, 2011 at 8:07 am

THAT’S A MOMENTOUS DAY AND A MOMENTOUS SPEECH FROM THE PRESIDENT I WILL NEVER FORGET. HE IS INDEED THE ‘COMFORTER’ OF THIS NATION. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO NOTE IS THAT MOST OF THE TIME DURING HIS PRESENCE HERE HE KEPT HIS HEAD DOWN. WHY? BECAUSE HE IS HUMBLE…DID NOT WANT TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION…IT WAS TUCSON’S DAY! THAT’S THE KIND OF ‘GRACE’ HELD BY THIS PRESIDENT AND HE HURTS RIGHT ALONG WITH ALL OF US WHEN WE HURT.

20. 27 MeaBloom
    April 29, 2011 at 11:00 am

I loved the speech he gave at this memorial. It was so moving. I have read the comments above about the royal wedding and how the news show be more focused on Alabama or Arkansas where there are people still uncounted for. This is so true.
    I love the first photo. It is so moving. So sincere.

RSS Steve Benen