May

morning

Aug. 8, 2010 – Pete Souza: “We were walking through a locker room at the University of Texas when White House Trip Director Marvin Nicholson stopped to weigh himself on a scale. Unbeknownst to him, the President was stepping on the back of the scale, as Marvin continued to slide the scale lever. Everyone but Marvin was in on the joke.”

Just a random old photo to make you smile ;-)

Have a great Sunday!

18 Responses to “morning”

1. 1 luci1119
    May 8, 2011 at 8:47 am

Good morning Chips, Hope you have a great day today. I’m off to Church, I have to meet and Greet the Guest today. I think that’s a cute little funny caption with our President, joshing around. Talk at you later :-)

2. 2 CEB
    May 8, 2011 at 9:15 am

Happy Mother’s Day to Chips and TOD family!

Even if you are a woman like me who has no kids, I am sure that you have mothered someone at some time (I am almost everyone’s mother where I work), so have a wonderful day. I am blessed to still have my mom, so I will be joining her and my surviving siblings later today.

This is one of my favorite photos, not only because of the subject, but because of the composition. Hope the First Family has a day of laughter, relaxation, and no national, international, or political drama to interrupt their time together.

3. 3 mtmarilyn
    May 8, 2011 at 9:24 am

Good morning everyone. Happy Mothers Day to who mother.

I love that photo. It shows the sense of humor our President has.

4. 4 obamalia
    May 8, 2011 at 9:46 am

As many times as I’ve seen this photo – it never ceases to put a smile on my face.

Thanks Chipsticks for this great public service you do for us.

5. 5 Andogriff
    May 8, 2011 at 10:06 am

Love this photo! Happy Mom’s Day to all the Moms out there… and again many thanks to Ms. Chips for all she does for us.

6. 6 Mrs. JVD
    May 8, 2011 at 10:34 am

Good Morning All!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful Mothers of TOD! ((((HUGS))))

7. 7 MTmarilyn
    May 8, 2011 at 10:38 am

I wanted to add I hope everyone checks out the blog GN put together call Progress Weekly. I don’t know how to link but she is on BWD’s blogroll. It is a great compilation of this weeks news from many places. It is very easy to read. I encourage everyone to check it out.

8. 9 CEB
    May 8, 2011 at 11:09 am

Just some ruminations. Saw John Kerry on Face the Nation a few minutes ago (turned it off when it was announced that Rumsfield was up next). I think of the ironies that PBO was introduced to most of the world via that electrifying sppech at the 2004 Dem. convention that was supposed to be all about Kerry, but PBO is the only thing that most people remember about it. But, now, Kerry is one of the most effective memebers of his Foreign Policy team and an ardent supporter of the president. I think of HRC and the fierce, long, and bloody primaries and now, she is one of PBO’s most trusted aides as SOS. I think of Joe Biden, another challenger in the early days of the primary, a man who had been a senator for decades and now, the best Vice-president ever; one who has developed a deep, supportive, and cooperative work relationship and friendship with the President. I know that the historian Doris Kearns always talks about the team of rivals that PBO built as Lincoln did, but it is more than this. All of these talented people show that more than they wanted the presidency, they want what is good for all Americans. Instead of nipping at PBO’s heels and filling the airwaves with the odor of bitterness and jealousy, they have all chosen to serve, with all that they are, they answered the call of duty sent the them by president. They have his back all the way; they know if he/they succeed that we all do. They speak with one voice; dissention, if there is any, is kept in house and they faithfully carry out the commands of their CIC and President. No one is leaking information, talking on their own to the media (well there was a certain general who did and we know what happened to him), or trying to make it all about them. Their actions reflect well on the President’s character and leadeship skills. Our Ship of State is in good hands. I have never felt so confident about our nation’s future. This adminstration, with PBO at the helm, is the real Dream Team.

• 10 V C prezOfan2
      May 8, 2011 at 2:29 pm

‘All of these talented people show that more than they wanted the presidency, they want what is good for all Americans. …they answered the call of duty sent the them by president. … they know if he/they succeed that we all do..’

And there, CEB, you have the BASIC difference between the Republicans and the reigning Democratic leadership team. I haven’t seen even a glimmer of that on the republican side. IMO, it is a very telling difference! The challenge is to bring this obvious contrast to the forefront for the eyes of the voters.

• 11 M
      May 8, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Again CEB, I love to read what you write. Thank you for that. I can only concur.

9. 12 obamalia
    May 8, 2011 at 11:15 am

CEB – well said. It just went viral in my internet community. Thanks!

10. 13 Debz
    May 8, 2011 at 11:35 am

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms, and to our First Mom, Michelle.

11. 14 GGail
    May 8, 2011 at 11:39 am

CEB – that was spot-on! Good job! OH! and I love love love that photo! Thanks for posting it Chipsticks – it has always made me smile. HAVE A HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY one and all. Be blessed!

12. 15 CEB
    May 8, 2011 at 11:55 am

Thanks for your comments guys. Off to mom’s. Will check-in with everyone later in the day. Have a wonderful day.

13. May 8, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Happy Mother’s Day beautiful Ladies!

There is no love, like a mother’s love,
    no stronger bond on earth…
    like the precious bond that comes from God,
    to a mother, when she gives birth.
    A mother’s love is forever strong,
    never changing for all time…
    and when her children need her most,
    a mother’s love will shine.
    God bless these special mothers,
    God bless them every one…
    for all the tears and heartache,
    and for the special work they’ve done.
    When her days on earth are over,
    a mother’s love lives on…
    through many generations,
    with God’s blessings on each one.
    Be thankful for our mothers,
    for they love with a higher love…
    from the power God has given,
    and the strength from up above.

14. 17 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    May 8, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT PICTURE…LEAVE IT TO THE PRESIDENT…MR. SMARTY COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF’….TOO FUNNY!

15. 18 ObamaLuvr
    May 8, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Happy Mother’s Day everyone! Gawd, I love that photo – and I love this site. Not to be redundant but thanks Chipster.

RSS OFA