May

common ground with jon stewart!

BWD mentioned this video in her morning mishmash at The Only Adult In The Room – I usually avoid Stewart, but this was sublime.

19 Responses to “common ground with jon stewart!”

1. 1 lisa
    May 12, 2011 at 8:20 am

Grrrr!!! I’m watching the town hall on CBS and that Harry fucker is annoying me. At first I thought I was hallucinating the way he was hurrying the president up based on his body language, but then when PBO was answering the question, dumbass Harry was like “quickly” the audience and Erica laughed but PBO didn’t even crack a smile, he didn’t even blink, he just continued talking. PBo is real classy. Harry is an asshole.

• 2 kelly
      May 12, 2011 at 10:45 am

agree and the lady that was reading the email questions was getting loud and bitchy when she was giving her opinion. I love how POUTS handles these people.

• 3 UT Austin Liberal
        May 12, 2011 at 11:01 am

I agree with you Kelly. Harry Smith PISSED me off with his impatience. It’s the President of the United States. Get over your effing self. And Rebecca Jarvis.. oooh I wanted to smack her silly when she was getting loud with the President. I’m like.. um.. he’s the leader of the free world show some respect.. you’re a sometimes weekend anchor. Get over yourself.

• May 12, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Hi Lisa, Harry F***r as you call him was being disrespectful, and we on Obama Diary are really protective of our beloved President. I know I am. I really think, President Obama enjoys the sparing sometimes, plus he hones his debating/combative skills when someone comes at him in this manner. All the things I’ve read about our Prez during his teaching at U.of Chicago and the testimonials from his former students, he encouraged confrontational exchanges and a lot of students at the University flocked to his classes because he taught in this manner. This projects, I think, a very confident man, and we just LOVE him for his poise.

2. May 12, 2011 at 8:25 am

Thing is… The lyrics form the one rap they selected to dissect could be the INSANITEA GOP anthem, point.

Not running from cops, popping guns etc. Yeap Teabaggers meme.

Oh but wait, Common is BLACK, nevermind.

3. 6 ZeeUK
    May 12, 2011 at 8:42 am

Go Jon!!! I love this guy. Thanks for sharing. I have been wanting to watch some Jon Stewart lately but for some reason we are not allowed to access his videos from the UK. I enjoyed Jon telling it as it it! lol

4. 11 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    May 12, 2011 at 9:09 am

I SAW THAT ONE ON STEWART AND ‘COMMON’ WAS AWESOME LAST NIGHT! EVERY ANCHOR ON ‘FIXED NEWS’ NEEDS A VELCRO WRAP AROUND AND A PRIVATE ROOM WITH NO VIEW. BASKETWEAVING BEGINS AT 2:00P.M….:)

5. 12 meta
    May 12, 2011 at 9:28 am

Oh, SNAP!! I don’t watch these guys but Stewart’s takedown of Fox was right on the money.

6. 13 Ladyhawke
    May 12, 2011 at 9:34 am

The Reid Report has been all over this Commontroversy. We all know the drill. Fox manufactures a controversy, someone in the White Press Corps asks a question, and then the network and cable shows feel compelled to report the issue no matter how ridiculous the claim. For Fox, it’s mission accomplished.

COMMON SENSE: DEAR MEDIA, PLEASE STOP PLAYING THE RIGHT’S PHONY, RACIALLY TINGED CONTROVERSY GAME

Why not just issue an edict from Rupert Murdoch that the Obamas are never to associate with another black person again, ever. Or else they’re racist. The way we’re going, you can at minimum get Ed Henry or someone from ABC News to ask a pointed question about the new edict at Carney question time, which will give legit journos on cable an excuse to do a full blown segment about how “some people” think Barack Obama should stop talking to anyone darker than he is. Could that mean Reggie Love is out of a job? We’ll have a panel of Bush administration insiders to discuss it, right after the break…
    To review, the right has now treated us to suggestions that President Barack Obama is

A racist who hates white people and the white culture (Glenn Beck)
    A Muslim (how to even count the wingers…)
    A Muslim even if he doesn’t know he is one because his daddy was won (Franklin Graham)
    Really Kenyan (birthers, birther master Donald Trump)

Read more here:

• 14 fig8jam
      May 12, 2011 at 10:28 am

Um Reggie OK cause he is an athlete, reMEMber, you transcend ‘colorism’ when you have awesome kinesiology. Like Jordan, and OJ did.

7. 15 kelly
    May 12, 2011 at 10:43 am

Well this is the Jon Stewart we needed over the last 3 years, not the shell of himself that he became and certainly not the one that conducted that disgraceful, disrespectful interview with POTUS last year. I hope this is not a one time deal.

• 16 Proud of Obama
      May 12, 2011 at 11:06 am

Totally agree, Kelly. I never tune him in on my own now. He was disgraceful with his meeting on the mall and the interview with PBO.

• 17 Audrey
      May 13, 2011 at 7:05 am

Don’t hold your breath Kelly!
      For consistency and thorough research try Randi Rhodes. She is awesome! If you don’t get her try her online at Randirhodes.com!

8. 18 Fred
    May 12, 2011 at 11:24 am

I still avoid Stewart. This only means his team will feel obligated to go after the Obama admin for something equally as aggressive because they seem to think they need to pander to the right now. So the more ridiculous and desperate the attacks get on the Obama admin from the right, the more agressive the attacks will be on him by Stewart.

That is not the sort of program I choose to watch anymore.

• 19 Audrey
      May 13, 2011 at 7:13 am

Unfortunately you are right Fred. I too am no longer impressed by the occasional show of sanity by so many on the left. I think the scars are deeper when they have been inflicted by people you once identified with and thought were on your side and would look out for you! It’s hard to forgive folks we thought knew better.
      I like Randi Rhodes and only listen to her and she has been quite awesome. Do check her out and subscribe to her podcast if you can.