8 Responses to “the dreamer, the believer”

1. 1 kelly
    May 15, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Wow. Perfect is this poet, humanitarian, and actor. I never thought my fandom for him could be any higher but yeah it is. Thank you CS for posting.

2. 2 lisa
    May 15, 2011 at 3:37 pm

this was truly beautiful. was this the song that Fake and Friends kept bashing? It would be awesome if Common had rocked the so-called ‘controversial’ song at the White House. This man is pure poetry. So grateful to him and his craft.

3. May 15, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Common is such a humble and lovely human being.

I also remembered him at the Christmas tree lighting ceremony where he was the host.

What I’ve come to realize is that once you are on the side of God there will always be those who try to tear you down.

Common and by extension the President knows this.

But God and those on the side of good always wins in the end.

May 15, 2011 at 11:38 pm

donna, I remember that also.Where were the outrage from Hannity then? Those folks over there at FOX are sick racists folks. They couldn’t stand the praise the President was getting from getting bin Laden, so those right wing nuts made up some fake controversy. Racists bastards they are.

4. 5 UT Austin Liberal
    May 15, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Thanks so much Chipsticks for posting this video. I have always loved Common b/c his songs are a language on their own. His lyrics are true poetry and he raps about the ills and joys of society, humanitarian efforts, the pain and suffering of a people, but the ultimate triumph, peace, and, happiness that is found when we all come together as one and positively advance the world.

5. 6 Titti
    May 15, 2011 at 5:12 pm

The guy is just a gentle man. Yeah I think he’s been at the last two Christmas tree linghtings and I believe he’s known the Obamas for a while (from Church if I’m not mistaken). The lengths ‘those people’ will go to create a nontroversy is astonishing and as usual they are late off the block.

6. 7 Luci1119
    May 15, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Firstly, I want to say hello Chips, seem like It’s ben a while since I spoke with you. I also want to Thank you for * ALL * that you do here on “TOD”. I simply enjoy coming here, and you are the perfect Hostess. I know I’ve told you this a few times before, but really, I Thank you again, and I don’t want to take “TOD” for Granted. I just want to give you your Flowers, while I’m Living. I pray that God continue to Bless you real good :-)

Secondly, Hello Everybody, hope you’re having a great Sunday. I’ve been enjoying all of the comments. I too watched our First Lady Speak at Spellman. She gave them a speech from her Heart, she spoke to them as their Big Sister. She gave some great advice on pursuing your Dreams, Inspite of Dispair.

Lastly, I believe Secretary Gates will b e speaking In a few minutes on Sixty minutes, I think It’s going to be pretty interesting. Okey Dokey, Later ~~~~~~~:-)