May

morning memphis

President Obama runs from Air Force One to greet military personnel upon his arrival in Memphis, Tennessee May 16

…with Booker T. Washington High School students Cassandra Henderson and Christopher Dean

9 Responses to “morning memphis”

1. 1 MTmarilyn
    May 16, 2011 at 12:16 pm

This is just so exciting to watch. I feel so proud for all of them. I love that picture of the President running across the tarmack to shake hands with the military. This man is so amazing and wonderful.

2. 2 lisa
    May 16, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Still watching the http://wreg.com/news/livestreaming/ and saw two women who flew from California to Memphis just to see PBO. They don’t even have tickets to the ceremony, but they flew because they “love him.” So sweet. Love that man so much. God Bless PBO and God Bless those two women.

3. 3 VC prezOfan2
    May 16, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Morning Chipsticks and The Gang! This is a terrific post to sign in to. Is that warmth and excitement I hear in the voices of the announcers? Awwwright! :lol:

4. May 16, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I really do not like the president running down those stair from AF1. My heart races anticipating that he will fall. The first granny or Michelle needs to get on him about that.

Love his swagger but slow down so it can be enjoyed. :)

5. 5 m
    May 16, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I love how he runs everywhere because I think it shows he is happy to be alive and to move around and to get things done! =) He has places to go, people to see! Also, I am guessing since he is always in the white house “bubble” it must feel good to run when he is outside at the airport!

• 6 Sue in Minnesota
      May 16, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I think events like today, being in touch directly with the people he serves, is what keeps his batteries charged.
      I am so emotional and so proud of those who keep pushing and striving despite very real and potentially derailing obstacles, to make the most of themselves and their lives. No one should ever short change the power and influence of inspiration and hope.

Congratulations B. T. Washington graduates, administration and families….Yes. You. Can.

6. May 16, 2011 at 12:37 pm

The photo with the female National guards – I would NOT allow either of those women especially the one in the middle – alone in any room with the president. They just look like they spotted delicious Chocolate and want to eat it all! LOL

• 8 Sue in Minnesota
      May 16, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Picking myself up off the floor(ROFL)….and Amen, that is some DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE!

7. May 16, 2011 at 12:40 pm

The guy does seem to have some extra spring in his step the past two weeks. I wonder why.

RSS Steve Benen