May

morning people

Today:

11:15 The President meets with King Abdullah II of Jordan

12:05 The President and King Abdullah deliver statements to the press

2:50 The President hosts a White House reception in honor of Jewish American Heritage Month

Photo from Florida, 2008

Florida Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz, whom President Obama has picked to lead the Democratic National Committee, introduced the president at the first of two DNC events in Washington last night.

“How about my new DNC chair, Debbie Wasserman Schultz,” Obama said, to applause. “She is tireless, tireless. And she’s got the most adorable kids, and I don’t know how she keeps up with everything.”

“But as Michelle said, if you want something done, put a woman in charge. So, all right, everybody got….women, you got a little too excited on that.”

28 Responses to “morning people”

1. May 17, 2011 at 8:05 am

What a beautiful start for a new day.. I love the graduation excerpt.. What a cute introduction to Debbie! And I like the picture of the Mayor of Chicago ( and his wife) Thanks yet again dear Chips!!

2. 3 donna dem 4 obama
    May 17, 2011 at 8:31 am

I have friends that attended the DNC event at the Hilton last night. They said it was fantastic. I didn’t find out about his fundraiser until last week and by that time the tickets were sold out. I was following my OFA field directors posts on Facebook who was there last night and according to Jason the place was packed and the enthusiasm was off the charts. So I go on the hunt this morning for articles on the event and the headlines I found (twice) was “Obama tries to fire up frustrated supporters”. So I email Jason this morning to ask him if that is how the President came off in that room last night. He said nothing could be further from the truth. The President has been stating since he went on the stump to campaign that he realizes that we didn’t get everything we wanted but that we did get a lot of what we needed. So, again our media is trying to stir the pot where there is nothing to stir. These folks are simply unbelievable! I hate our media.

Sorry I just needed to vent this morning.

• May 17, 2011 at 9:00 am

Isn’t it just incredible the way they constantly misrepresent the mood or substance of a speech/event to fit their own agenda? Thanks for the truth, Donna.

• 5 africa
        May 17, 2011 at 11:44 am

Remember that these are the same people that presented Donald Chump as a viable, serious candidate, when all along he was taking them on a fool-hardy ride. The media is useless. Let them keep trying to tell us that our president is not connecting with us. The joke will be on them, just like it was yesterday, when Trump came out and showed them that he was fooling them the whole while. Even so, some of them in order to try to save face are making excuses that he really wanted to do this. Bull crap, I say.

One person who called Mr. Chump out was Lawrence O’Donnell. Way back he complained that Trump and the NBC entertainment were hoodwinking everyone — that Chump had no, absolutely no intention ruunning. Yet, this same media that tries to paint president Obama in an ugly light believed his nonesense.

Our job is to keep doing what we are doing, working to relect our president. No matter how hard they try, truth, fairness, honesty and some force beyond their ugly desires is powering this presidency.

As an aside, this morning the new DNC chair was on the Tom Joyner show. Ronald Martin asked her if we as supporters were being complacent in thinking that the president had this in the bag. She said to the contrary she would advise everyone to continue to wrok hard. Me, personally, I hope that every one would continue to work like we are 20 points behind.

• 6 meta
      May 17, 2011 at 10:02 am

I totally agree with you, Donna. It’s a crime the way the MSM carry on. I expect this to get worse because there is no credible Republican opposition for 2012 as of this date so the MSM will have to make stuff up to create drama and of course the PL will fill that void if they have to. It makes me sick.

• 7 Puddin'
      May 17, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I hate our media too…this is why I like it when I can get “it” from the “horses mouth” and/see it with my own eyes and ears. Our media is a joke…but we know who they are and what they are (always) trying to do. Thank GOD (and the heavens) for sites like this and for people like you all! I’M IN!!

OBAMA/BIDEN 2012

• 8 Theo67
      May 17, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Good vent, Donna. The media will be surprised when they see the results of the election don’t match the story they’ve been peddling.

3. 9 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    May 17, 2011 at 9:06 am

THE PRESIDENT AGAIN HAS ANOTHER BUSY AND EVENTFUL DAY…I AM HAPPY TO SEE THE JEWISH-AMERICAN CELEBRATION. WE NEED TO PRAY FOR OUR JEWISH BROTHERS AND SISTERS…ANTI-SEMITISM IS ON THE INCREASE. AS FOR DEBBIE WASSERMAN…ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE PEOPLE WHO REALLY DOES BELONG IN THE BIG CHAIR. SHE IS AN ASSET AND WOW…I LOVE THE WAY SHE ANSWERS THOSE MEDIA QUESTIONS! IT’S GOING TO BE AN ‘I AM WOMAN…HEAR ME ROAR’ MOMENT AT THE DNC!!!!!! YEEEEEEHAAAAAH! I SAY!…:)

4. 10 Anonymous
    May 17, 2011 at 9:49 am

Yes the media is trying to stir up trouble. I just saw CNN with a segment claiming that the President is taking a “page from Sarah Palin’s playbook” with regard to his policies on drilling. PLEASE! I changed the channel immediately.

• 11 Theo67
      May 17, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I can’t even believe that. A page from the Palin disaster? The only page anyone can take from that woman is how to quit or how to be racist and hateful and exhibit adolescent behavior. Nothing else.

• May 17, 2011 at 10:42 am

Also for those interested here is a link of some outstanding photos from the BTW graduation. There are 114 images in the gallery.

• 15 fig8jam
      May 17, 2011 at 10:46 am

I loved Christopher!! He did a wonderful job. Great lines had me laughing and tearing up as well. Sooo emotional!

• May 17, 2011 at 10:56 am

I was happy to see in the video clip that he was given a scholarship after the introduction was witnessed on TV by a local minister.

• 17 Luci1119
        May 17, 2011 at 3:12 pm

And I like Chris Dean too, and I was tearing, but smiling and grinning all at the same time. But what a nice offer to get a College Scholarship, I just started tearing all over again. God Is good I tell you. God Is Faithful. Thank you Lord for a great Blessing for Chris, and Lord I pray that Chris will do well. Congratulations Chris, I’m so very proud of you :-) :-) :-)

• 18 GGail
      May 17, 2011 at 11:26 am

What a beautiful story! Thanks TOB2012!

• 19 EDP4BHO
      May 17, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Thanks so much for this great news. Christopher stole my heart yesterday. I watched him about 4 times after the ceremony and saw the way he and PBO got along……great humor and chemistry between the two. I even hoped that he and PBO would stay in touch with each other. And now he’s going to college. I am so happy for this young man and wish for him God’s awesome blessings, as well for all the others.

• 21 Puddin'
      May 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm

OKAY….I AM CRYING AGAIN! I CRIED ALL DAY YESTERDAY LOOKING AT THOSE PICTURES AND CLIPS (A THOUSAND TIMES). IF I HAD THE MONEY I WOULD SEND THE YOUNG LADY THE PRESIDENT SPOKE ABOUT WHO IS GOING TO BARBER SCHOOL SO SHE CAN WORK HER WAY THROUGH COLLEGE TO BECOME A LAWYER! I AM GOING TO GO PLAY THE LOTTO TODAY (IF I WIN THAT GIRL IS GOING TO COLLEGE/SMILE).

5. 24 fig8jam
    May 17, 2011 at 10:50 am

Chipsticks

Is there any video of the Prez introducing Wasserman.

I REALLY want to hear the crowd roar when he says, if you want something done, ask a woman’…I know he got that line from Michelle hahaha, or maybe some of those tireless workers when he first did community organizing on the south side, those sistahs showed him how sisters/women are multi-task queens!!

Also I like Wasserman. POTUS has a way with working with women like no other, he is the only male at home and I bet he loves that, even so his respect for women is clear. Love that about him!!

6. 26 Proud of Obama
    May 17, 2011 at 11:10 am

POTUS exemplifies true manhood. Unlike the rethugs who cheat on their wives. For example, we’re learning today that Arnold had a love child with a staffer who lived in his home for 10 years! These republicans are vile hypocrites. Yelling about family values while committing adultery. This is why they want to strip women of all their rights. I believe they hate women.

Then they have the nerve to try and denigrate our great President. They have the nerve to think they deserve to lead this country. No way. And we must fight to keep them away from having power over this country.

Not one of them hold a candle to President Obama.

7. May 17, 2011 at 12:46 pm

My husband is like the President: He likes and respects women. In fact, no offense men, he says women are more interesting, our conversations are more complex and not all on one subject. I firmly believe these Republicans do not LIKE women. If they did, they would not propose the horrible legislation they are. What I cannot understand, is why are women going along with it!!!

Is it just my eyes, or does Mayor Emanuel look happier and more relaxed now that he’s in Chicago with his wife and family???

8. 28 Luci1119
    May 17, 2011 at 3:19 pm

No, It’s not your eyes, of course he’s happier being with his Familybecause I think he was away from his Family, while In Washington. I don’t think his Family was with Him. heyyyyy, but he’s with them now, Bless his heart :-)