May

running ….. for the hills

AP: Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels said early Sunday that he won’t run for president because of family considerations, narrowing the field in the race for the GOP nomination.

“In the end, I was able to resolve every competing consideration but one,” the Republican said, disclosing his decision in an e-mail to supporters. “The interests and wishes of my family, is the most important consideration of all. If I have disappointed you, I will always be sorry.”

31 Responses to “running ….. for the hills”

1. 1 zizi
    May 22, 2011 at 6:33 am

Chipsticks,
    Your muppet clown car picture is going to be really crowded with X’s. Another down, how many more to go?

• May 22, 2011 at 6:47 am

:lol: And Zizi, I’m only counting Huckabee, Chump and Daniels – if I included all the others who opted out (eg Haley Barbour) the screen would be covered in red X’s! Have a lovely day Zizi ;-)

• May 22, 2011 at 7:56 am

Well, it would be interesting to see what you would do if the incumbent, on the first day of Q2 next year would say: On second thoughts, I won’t be running for a second term – I want to spend time with my family.

[ Sorry, couldn't resist ]
        :-)

2. 4 Fred
    May 22, 2011 at 6:40 am

good morning Chip and TOD family

good riddance to bad rubbish!

3. May 22, 2011 at 6:56 am

Someone went to a party in Ireland last night in Moneygall… hmmm… :)

4. 9 PoliticalJunkessa
    May 22, 2011 at 6:58 am

At this point, they need to just dig up old 2004 Alan Keyes, run him as the sacrificial lamb, and call it a day. Keyes/Romney 2012 — yeah!

5. May 22, 2011 at 7:00 am

Comment on article…

THEY GOT NOBODY.

6. 11 Proud of Obama
    May 22, 2011 at 7:04 am

Good morning Chipsticks and all. I live in Indiana and boy are the rethugs bummed out. They really deluded themselves into thinking the man who helped Bush turn a budget surplus into a deficit stood a chance. So sad.

• 12 UT Austin Liberal
      May 22, 2011 at 7:18 am

Thats my thinking too POB. Seriously this was a guy who was Bush’s OMB and played an active part in unpaid funding for two wars and an unpaid prescription drug bill. Trust me it wasn’t just the fact that his wife abandoned their family that possible women voters might not condone, by the time the Obama campaign ripped him a new one for helping turn a surplus to a deficit.. he would be politically dead. I have no clue why rethugs thought he was their great white hope. He has no fiscally sound credibility.

Another one BITES THE DUST …… BOOYAH! :lol:

7. 13 dotster
    May 22, 2011 at 8:02 am

Poor Indianapolis Star—-they have had almost daily headlines for months, “will he or won’t he?” and now they’re sobbing, ‘he won’t, and he could have been President too!’ Yeah right, that little guy would have looked real little standing next to Obama, and I’m not just talking size. The Repubs are so desperate that Peter King! said there were Repubs who were urging him to run! Peter King! Run Peter Run! I’m almost starting to feel sorry for them. Almost.

• 14 UT Austin Liberal
      May 22, 2011 at 8:28 am

I saw on MSNBC where Peter King was talking about repugs asking him to run. And he was somewhat considering it. You know what?.. Run Peter Run!… let’s ask you about your race baiting, culture and religious dividing hearing on so called muslim radicals who are also supposedly terrorists, let’s ask why you voted NO more than once on the 9/11 responders healthcare bill. Yeah… Run Peter Run!

• 15 Proud of Obama
      May 22, 2011 at 8:37 am

Today they have three pages of “exclusive” coverage saying his decision is a “loss” for the state, nation. Pathetic.

One thing we must keep working to counter is the mam lie that the economy isn’t recovering. They keep trying to push this lie as ” problem” for PBO. Scum.

8. 16 UT Austin Liberal
    May 22, 2011 at 8:23 am

OT: Hey guys C-SPAN ONE will carry the President’s AIPAC speech live at 9:30am ET/8:30am CT/6:30amPT. You can also
    catch it at http://www.c-span.org

MSNBC will also carry the speech live at 9:30amET/8:30amCT/6:30amPT

CNN will also carry the speech live at 9:30am ET/8:30amCT/6:30amPT. You can also catch it at http://www.cnn.com/live

The general consensus is that all major cable news stations will show the speech live b/c they’re breathless at “oooooh.. what kind of reception will Pres. Obama get.. will they boo?… will he say more “controversial” stuff?”.. lame media. But I’ll be watching because I want to hear The Only Adult in The Room speak intelligently about an important issue.

• 17 UT Austin Liberal
      May 22, 2011 at 8:39 am

CORRECTION: all coverage of the speech begins at 10:30amET/9:30amCT/7:30amPT

Also Breaking News: Herman Cain The Pizza dude has officially entered the 2012 Presidential race. His reason: He wants to rid America of muslim terrorists and he wants us to return to using gold as our currency. Hmmmm.. okay looney bins… see you in 2012. Chipsticks you might want to pull out your red pen just for the pure LOL of his so called candidacy.

9. 18 halo
    May 22, 2011 at 9:12 am

HAHAHAHAHAH

10. 19 Lovepolitics2008
    May 22, 2011 at 10:11 am

Despite all the noise around the tea-party candidates, I have a feeling that in the end the GOP will not choose an extremist. They will choose the moderate who will best succeed at PANDERING to the extremists. I see Jon Huntsman as having serious chances in getting the nomination, unless a somewhat strong non-mormon candidate appears on the scene. Someone like Tom Ridge for example.

One thing is for sure; if there’s no new candidate coming on the scene, Huntsman will be the prefered candidate of the MSM. Mark my words.

• 20 StR
      May 22, 2011 at 11:17 am

Problem with somebody coming out of nowhere at this stage is that they’d be behind in staffing even if they were promised a flood of money. Ridge is pro-choice, which is why the powerbrokers blocked him from McCain VP consideration.

I agree the MSM will like Huntsman, as it will lead to the closest GE battle.

• 21 dotster
        May 22, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I will be in shock if the religious right, which makes up the bulk of Repub primary voters, votes for anyone in magic underpants.

11. 22 AnitaW
    May 22, 2011 at 10:47 am

I think they are hoping Cain will syphon off the Black vote from President Obama, which I think is highly unlikely.

• 23 Mae who love our CIC
      May 22, 2011 at 1:39 pm

You have got to be kidding. Just because a person’s pigment is dark does not mean AA’s will automatically support them.

12. 25 StR
    May 22, 2011 at 11:13 am

Bah! Daniels is the one with the glasses in the middle. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew…

13. 27 kelly
    May 22, 2011 at 11:44 am

Oh well another stranger to me, like the rest of the GOP muppets, so don’t let the door hit you stranger.

Dear God keep blessing this great nation and our amazing President. Thank you God for giving us our smart, fearless, gutsy, hard working president Barack Obama, he has my vote forever.

14. 28 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    May 22, 2011 at 1:30 pm

INDEED…SPARE ME…AND SPARE INDIANA…WE HAVE TO LOOK AT HIM OFTEN ENOUGH!

15. 29 GGail
    May 22, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Don’t forget Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson. They are Dems and AA. They didn’t demonstrate to us that they had what it takes to be President of the United States. Then along came this guy…he speaks well…has clear thought and conviction…strong family values…he COULD INDEED be President of the United States. We just have to learn how to pronounce his name! NOW we’re FIRED UP and READY TO GO Four More Years. It is not the color of his skin, but the content of his character. OBAMA/BIDEN 2012.

16. 30 Carolyn
    May 22, 2011 at 3:59 pm

One proble with all these candidates is that they want to be president, but have no idea why. I’m reminded of a storyChris Matthews told on himself. He wanted to run for the Senate, always had wanted to be a Senator. He said a friend asked him Why do you want to be a Senator? What do you want to accomplish? Chris said he had no answer for that,he just wanted to be a Senator, and he realized there was no reason for him to run. To contrast, Barack Obama knew exactly why he wanted to be president, the things he wanted to be able to do that only the president can. He was not running on empty. These guys are. They just want to be called Mr. President.

17. 31 LYNND
    May 22, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Mitch Daniels? As If!!! I believe Huntsman and Romney will battle it out for a little while, for the best hair, and then we just might see a late entry by Jeb Bush to scare the hell out of us.