May

look out congress

President Barack Obama jokingly swings a hurling stick given to him by Taoiseach Enda Kenny during his visit to Farmleigh House in Dublin

28 Responses to “look out congress”

1. 1 AnitaW
    May 23, 2011 at 7:47 am

That Hurley looks like it could do some serious damage. Looks like the sun is coming out so hopefully the Moneygall trip is still a go.

2. 3 Barb
    May 23, 2011 at 7:50 am

He just amazes me. He carrys the weight of the world at any time of the day or night and yet he can turn it around and be a playful spirit. That picture reminds me of the one when he was a little boy swinging a bat. He is still just as cute.

• 4 Suzanne
      May 23, 2011 at 7:56 am

Barb, I was thinking the same thing — he deals with so many different situations and can be relaxed. I think the thing is that he is a very balanced person. He comes across to me as being at ease with himself which would mean he doesn’t have to deal with a lot of emotional baggage in every occasion — so he can be more “present” and experience the moment. You can see that beautiful spirit of his shining through those pictures of him as a boy.

3. 6 Suzanne
    May 23, 2011 at 7:51 am

I logged in around 7 and saw some of the live coverage on RTE — it was a positive and civil group. I was just looking through your fantastic posts, Chipsticks. I love the red ensemble Michelle was wearing when they were leaving the US. She has some muscles on her back, too. President Obama looks like he’s having fun on this trip — and so am I! I’m really looking forward to Moneygall.

4. 7 Barb
    May 23, 2011 at 7:54 am

That’s it. Talk softly and carry a big stick. LOL
    Yes, Anita………..shine sun shine. He has so much charm he can even get the sun to come out of the clouds.

5. May 23, 2011 at 7:55 am

Please Obama Don’t Hurt ‘Em!

6. 9 mtmarilyn
    May 23, 2011 at 7:57 am

I love the look on his face. I think he is determined to have a great time in Ireland.

7. 10 Fred
    May 23, 2011 at 8:00 am

he should whack them all in Congress from Rusty to Kucinich :lol:

good morning TOD family.May GOD bless;protect and guide the President and the First Lady while away so that he makes the right decisions for us

8. 11 Sue in Minnesota
    May 23, 2011 at 8:02 am

Gives new meaning to talk softly and carry a BIG stick…..and damn he is FINE!

9. 12 Walking on Sunshine
    May 23, 2011 at 8:03 am

so cute! Why do I have to go to work?? I’m going to miss it all! :(

10. 13 Me4obama
    May 23, 2011 at 8:06 am

Took a 40 minute nap after partying all night here so am ready to to if I don’t get whacked in my face by my fantastic president before my destination.

11. 14 Me4obama
    May 23, 2011 at 8:07 am

Anyone know how many minutes before marine one lifts off for moneygall!!

• 15 Suzanne
      May 23, 2011 at 8:15 am

I’ve been watching RTE live news. They are having lunch now, but I haven’t heard when lift off is. There are thousands of people lined up in Dublin to hear the President speak. They had heavy rain which finally stopped. They interviewed one woman who said she didn’t care if it rained all day — she would be there!

• 16 AnitaW
      May 23, 2011 at 8:18 am

I read somewhere 10:00 a.m. est., which is in a couple of hours. It could be earlier.

12. 17 Proud of Obama
    May 23, 2011 at 8:19 am

Awww, another great rethug hopeful says he’s not interested in running for president in 2012.

“Former Florida governor is direct in Sunday statement: “While I am flattered by everyone’s encouragement, my decision has not changed. I will not be a candidate for president in 2012.””

Read more: http://thepage.time.com/2011/05/23/no-jeb/#ixzz1NB3gNzxC

Next?

13. 18 PoliticalJunkessa
    May 23, 2011 at 8:20 am

*yawns and stretches*

Good Morning all!

My Prez and My First Lady are looking mighty fine. I like how the wives outfits are matching — a small thing, but cute. Glad to see Michelle was able to touch up the hair (the pompadour isn’t my favorite hairdo on her, but she looks lovely nonetheless). PBO is filling out that suit mighty nicely and he looks like he’s having fun as usual.

I read through the last thread quickly — seems like y’all partied all night long, lol. Also seems like stupid talking heads aren’t a phenomenon unique to the U.S. Oh well, let them blather on, who cares?

Can’t wait to see the rest of the day unfold. On to Moneygall!!!

• 19 Me4obama
      May 23, 2011 at 8:25 am

Yep I had to go nap because those TV3 pundits are worse than American pundits. Now I will wait until 10:00 a.m to see marine one to moneygall.

May 23, 2011 at 9:42 am

That rain and wind was terrible. It blew the Firsl Lady hair everywhere, but she still carried herself with class and dignity. But other than that things look okay. Except I got so dam tired of some of that crew on TV3. Oh my gosh, that Vincent guy sounds like he hate America.

14. 21 PoliticalJunkessa
    May 23, 2011 at 8:23 am

I see my favorite SS agent (I call him Shadow) is in the house, and is wearing a green tie for the occasion, lol.

15. 27 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    May 23, 2011 at 9:15 am

IF HE’S GOING TO SAVE THAT HURLEY FOR CONGRESS…DON’T FORGET TO PUT THE MEAT HOOKS ON IT! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

16. 28 HZ
    May 23, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Yes, thanks to you Chipsticks, we have a great party. However, the pundits were not very nice, but that is over now. The sun came out today, and it was just perfect. I knew we would have great weather after all of our prayers, meditations, and comforting words sent forth for our President and First Lady. Oh, that is my favorite SS man also. He is just always so serious and protective towards the President. Something about his spirit that give me comfort.