May

thursday

Update: The AFP article below would appear to be wrong, it looks like Michelle Obama isn’t going to France after all!

April 2009

Thursday: The President will travel from London to Deauville, France for the G-8 meetings … will hold a bilateral meeting with President Medvedev of Russia …. participates in the G-8 working lunch and working sessions … will also hold a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Kan of Japan.

AFP: France’s First Lady Carla Bruni will host a packed agenda for the wives of the developed world’s most powerful leaders Thursday, in her first G8 summit since her pregnancy was revealed.

…She will appear along with other first ladies, including the US president’s wife Michelle Obama and Britain’s Samantha Cameron, using the summit to promote her latest cause: the battle against adult illiteracy.

After lunch on the first day of the summit on Thursday, 43-year-old Bruni will take her guests to visit food producers from the Normandy region before hosting a working session dubbed “together against illiteracy.”

In the evening, Bruni and her husband President Nicolas Sarkozy will play host to the other leaders and their spouses for a dinner on the seafront terrace of Le Ciro’s restaurant in the elegant Channel seaside resort.

The First Lady will return to Washington after the French leg of the Obamas’ visit to Europe

Friday: The President will hold a bilateral meeting with President Sarkozy of France …. will then participate in the G-8 working sessions …. Later, the President will travel from France to Warsaw, Poland. In the evening, the President and President Komorowski of Poland will host a dinner for the heads of state of Central and Eastern Europe.

Saturday: The President will hold a bilateral meeting with President Komorowski of Poland … the President and Prime Minister Tusk of Poland will hold a working lunch …. the President and Prime Minister Tusk will hold a joint press conference …. the President will depart for Washington, DC.

25 Responses to “thursday”

1. 1 sherijr
    May 25, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Man oh man what a schedule they’ve had and continue to have all this week. These are not small things, but time consuming and I would imagine frequently stressful too.

2. 2 Tien Le
    May 25, 2011 at 8:36 pm

How do they keep up with this brutal schedule? Amazing.

3. 3 P
    May 25, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Chipsticks you’re great at reading minds lol…I was now going to ask what’s the schedule for Thursday! Thanks alot ;)

• May 25, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I thought: “Hmmmm, P will be wondering about the schedule, so I better post it.” :lol:

No times yet for tomorrow, and I’m assuming the AFP article is right – I thought I read somewhere that Michelle wasn’t going to France??

• 5 P
        May 25, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Lol how thoughtful of you Chipstick, you must really love me ;) , awwww I feel special *blushing* :p . I hope it’s correct because I am looking forward to my Michelle in France :) . Regarding the times I hope most or at least some of the events are early in the morning or late afternoon because I wouldn’t be around around lunchtime. Thanks again.

4. 6 lisalovesobama
    May 25, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Lawrence giving it to the media and Petty Nettie and others(dems and repugs) who’ve turned on PBO even though Nettie went to congress and said EXACTLY the same thing PBO said on Thursday and Sunday. You can literally hear Lawrence’s disgust. He even cited polling data that says 57% of Israelis wanted the Yettie to agree with PBO. Did not know Yettie only controlled 27 of the 100 or so seats in his parliament. How is that even possible? Lawrence says alot more often than not the Israeli’s disagree with the Yettie. He also says that Yettie manufactured the outrage as a tactical maneuver so the Palestinians think that Israel is being forced to come to agreement with Palestine. What bulls**t. Frickin’ Yettie. Screw you, you rat bastard.

• 7 Me4obama
      May 25, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Ya Lisa I don’t know how long Lawrence O’dennell will be staying at MSNBC. He slammed Netenyahu and called him a Liar and all the people who give blind support to Israel he knocked them hard. Ed shultz was suspended for a week for calling Laura Ingram a Slut, we will see about Lawrence.

• 8 lisalovesobama
        May 25, 2011 at 9:09 pm

really? wow, i didnt know Ed got suspended! Ha!

May 25, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I’m so glad that someone beside me saw Lawrence O’Donnell, and O’Donnell told it like it is. This Netenyahu isn’t even popular in Israel. I’m glad O’Donnell spoke up. Because we know Republicans will lie on the President, but I am so disappointed in the Democrats. I know we must support Israel, and the President said we will never turn our back on Israel and them trying to imply that President Obama is against Israel is so wrong. And I am pist with the Democrats, they have never had this President’s back. I sent Harry Reid a email, and I will be sending Rep. Wasserman Schultz an email too.

5. 10 ballerina
    May 25, 2011 at 9:05 pm

is it true that Michelle speaks french?
    i know carla and michelle have the best/closest relationship of all he first ladies

• 11 Theo67
      May 25, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I had heard that rumor that she is fluent in French. I haven’t heard her speaking it, other than a quick hello and thank you when she first met Carla Bruni.

• 12 lisalovesobama
      May 25, 2011 at 9:11 pm

I didn’t know they were that close. Nor did I know she spoke french. Miche? You holding out girl? How about letting us hear your French?

6. 13 lochelle
    May 25, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Bless him! What a schedule – made me tired just reading it! I really think President Obama is a new template of what an effective 21st century global leader must be. In today’s world, it is impossible to operate in a vacuum – you have to be “on” all the time, prepared for anything and everything. This president makes it look easy with his agile mind, energy and that incredible “Zen” like calm in the face of chaos/craziness/stupidity. It drives the haters absolutely bonkers and I just love that!

7. 14 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    May 25, 2011 at 9:21 pm

GOODNESS….I’M EXHAUSTED JUST READING ABOUT THURSDAY….THE EVEREADY BUNNY PRESIDENT RIDES AGAIN!!!!YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

8. 15 Eleroy
    May 25, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Look at our first lady!!! She is the complete package!!! I adore Mrs Obama!!!

9. 16 lisalovesobama
    May 25, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I forgot how beautiful her hairstyle was in 2009. She looks gorgeous in that photo.

10. 17 lisalovesobama
    May 25, 2011 at 9:40 pm

ps- Heard a funny thing today on Lawrence and it had to do with Mr. Former President Clinton. He was talking to Devilman Ryan and he said something to the effect of encouraging Ryan to continue to work on Medicare to which Ryan replied that Repugs were gonna hold the line. Then Clinton said: “you can call me anytime if you want.” What does that mean? Did anyone else see that? Was I imagining CLinton buddying up with Devilman Ryan over killing medicare? Or is this part of some genius plan to con Ryan and therefore the Repugs by pretending to be friendly in order to get a better compromise on medicare modifications? Or maybe I was hallucinating? Maybe I didn’t really see what I thought I did?

11. 21 Carolyn
    May 25, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I saw that segment on Lawrence O’Donnell too. He was strong, and disgusted with the liars. Several weeks ago O’Donnell spent two weeks atatcking Donald Trump, and even calling on NBC to fire him. He didn’t let up, and forecast exactly what happened with the Donald. Michael Moore, last night, asked him how he got by with doing that? Did management come down on him or threaten him. O’Donnell said they gave him no reaction at all, and he’s still there.
    What he said tonight was absolute facts. He didn’t get into speculation, he didn’t spew any half-baked opinions, he just set out historical and contemporary facts. He accused people of not listening, which is absolutely accurate. One thing I’ve noticed about O’Donnell, is that when he does go into a “rant”, although that is not a word he would use, he builds his case like a lawyer, fact, fact, fact. He is never dealing in supposition or character assassination. He builds an unassailable case. Also, he does have so many years experience and credibility, any management would be smart to be very slow to challenge him. I don’t always agree with him, but he builds such a good case, he makes me do the same to be sure of what I think.
    I loved his treatment of Donald and his treatment and explanation of the Israeli situation tonight. He certainly gave it to Romney, and showed without saying it directly, that Romney has NO knowledge of international politics.

• 22 lisalovesobama
      May 25, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Lawrence’s is the only show I can really stomach or trust in terms of facts, no progressive emotionality and screams of betrayal

May 25, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Agree with you Carolyn. Oh I’m glad to see that Michelle will be going to France with the President. Safe travel to them.

12. 24 lisalovesobama
    May 25, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Ed is apologizing. I think he’s gonna cry. Oh-O. He is gonna cry.

13. 25 Titti
    May 26, 2011 at 6:14 am

Didn’t know FLOTUS was going to Paris! Glad she is going tho. How do they do it? Can’t even have a rest on Sunday as he’s off to Joplin.