May

a very, very smart fire alarm

:lol:

Meanwhile….

ThinkProgress: Mitt Romney took his presidential campaign to the next level on Thursday, eschewing mud slinging to instead engage in the far more delicious smear tactic of pizza slinging.

You know that old prank where you send a bunch of pizzas to someone who never ordered them? Well that’s sort of what Mitt Romney did during a campaign stop in Chicago, sending the leftovers from his meal to Obama’s campaign headquarters.

Romney announced his prank via Twitter, complete with a picture of a delivery guy about to set off with the pies.

More here

Good grief.

Thanks Doris

42 Responses to “a very, very smart fire alarm”

1. May 27, 2011 at 5:38 pm

ugh….that. was. painful.

• 2 theo67
      May 27, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Indeed it was. I don’t think I can listen to this man for months on end.

• 3 UT Austin Liberal
        May 27, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I concur Theo. I just saw this on Hardball and apparently someone kept opening the emergency exit door. Whoever it was… THANK YOU. Listening to Romney speak is like watching paint dry… BORING and HAZARDOUS to everyones’ health.

2. 4 ZeeUK
    May 27, 2011 at 5:38 pm

LOL I love this!

3. 5 ribletsonthepan
    May 27, 2011 at 5:44 pm

The laughs just keep on coming. Which muppet is Romney by the way?

4. 6 Blackman
    May 27, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Ms. Chip….

You ain’t right, girl….you just AIN’T right!!!
    :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

5. 7 PoliticalJunkessa
    May 27, 2011 at 5:52 pm

“IT’S NOT TO BE, MITT. IT’S NOT MEANT TO BE. GO HOME. GO HOME. GOOOOOO HOME.”

6. 8 Sonjia Duncan
    May 27, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Why is this man running again. John McCain beat him in the primary last time and now he thinks he has a chance to win against all these right wing republican.

7. 10 Sue in Minnesota
    May 27, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Wow, decision making (or not) on display. Sorry Mittens, but that was a total FAIL!

• 11 theo67
      May 27, 2011 at 8:30 pm

That was my thought, too. A fire alarm goes off, make a decision to get out of the place! Come back when the all clear is given. Even a first grader could tell you that. How will he make life or death decisions for a nation, if he can’t even take charge of a room in the middle of a fire alarm!

8. 12 lisalovesobama
    May 27, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Last night I saw a lovely ad paid for Sarah Palin. I’m loving it :lol:

9. 13 Doris
    May 27, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Did you guys see this? What is Mitt Romney’s problem? Disgusting.

Mitt Romney In Chicago: Sends Obama HQ Leftover Pizza, Says Illinois Is ‘In Play’ In 2012

• 14 Sue in Minnesota
      May 27, 2011 at 6:24 pm

And that’s how Republicans treat the majority of Americans, the other 98%…table scraps for you. We ought to blow this up in their faces.

• May 27, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Just read that Doris, what an absolute prat.

• 16 Doris
        May 27, 2011 at 6:33 pm

So true Chips. :) Smells like fear to me!

• 17 UT Austin Liberal
        May 27, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Yeah I saw that on Hardball. Romney thinks he’s a funny guy. Sending pizzas and taking twitpics of the pizza delivery guy delivering the pizza to PBO’s campaign HQ’s. The moronic git.

• 18 ribletsonthepan
          May 27, 2011 at 7:57 pm

LOL! “The moronic git.” An absolute favorite, “Git”. How apropos, a fire alarm accompanies the drone of Mitt Romney’s voice set in nowhere industrial mall contrasted with trumpets and cheers at Westminster Hall.

• 20 kelly
      May 27, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Wow so this is what he thinks of everyday Americans, we only deserve his left overs. Such a difference between our President and first lady cooking /serving our military heroes abroad fresh delicious food yesterday and this elitist bastard sending his left overs, most likely spit upon food to hard working Americans that are just volunteering for the good of our nation.

• 21 LunarSea
      May 28, 2011 at 10:26 am

I have tears of laughter rolling down my face. Looks like the pizza was Mitten’s way of saying thanks for ruining my little get together with the sirens. lol

You may all think I’m nuts but I find it refreshing to see some childish humor in place of the vile attacks we’ve been subjected to lately. And really it’s so ‘college prank’ ish.

I mean it was equally rude to keep interrupting Mittens like that with the sirens but it was also creative and funny, (and we all got a good laugh out of it) and yes, it was also weird for them to send half eaten pizza but hey, he couldn’t just do nothing. Anyway we all know the republicans lack humourous, creative imagination, no? Well this is the first time I’ve seen them at least try. Okay so it was a big #fail.

Which makes it even funnier that the pizza prank was the best response they could come up with. oh well -roflmbo

Someone suggested sending half eaten pizza to all his appearances and while I wouldn’t advocate for such, the thought does make me laugh more. I mean imagine after the 10th appearance and the 10th delivery…lmbo

10. 22 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    May 27, 2011 at 6:26 pm

‘MITTENS’ WAS KIND OF LOST…SORT OF LIKE G.W. IN THE CLASSROOM ON 9/11!

11. 23 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    May 27, 2011 at 6:27 pm

THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING!

12. 24 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    May 27, 2011 at 6:29 pm

YIKES! I WONDER IF SARAH HAS THE STEERING WHEEL LOCATED IN THE FRONT OF HER TOUR BUS???????

13. 25 halo
    May 27, 2011 at 6:37 pm

That was awesome.

14. 26 lisalovesobama
    May 27, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I was gleefully reading the comments section attached to this article and laughing my ass off instead of making dinner, when i came across someone saying how baffled they were by Mittinkin’s behavior.the bizzarre and obscure nature of the Mittster’s actions were so sad, that it reminded him or her of an article written in 2007 by Ana Marie Cox while she was on the campaign trail. It made me laugh, but it also made me feel sorry for the Mittinkins. Poor douchebag :(

• 27 UT Austin Liberal
      May 27, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Hahahaha… I just read the article Lisa. Who the heck drizzles cheese on a sandwhich bun when there are the makings of a sandwhich on the FREAKIN table. All these examples just show how out of touch Romney is with EVERYONE. Reminds me of when Bush 41 didn’t know how much everyday items at a grocery store cost or when McCain didn’t know how many houses he owned (He owns 8 by the way) Really?…. and you bill yourself as the common man. Every time I see Romney on TV.. he just tries TOO much. If you have to work that hard to appear HUMAN …… geesh, give it up buddy.

• 28 lisalovesobama
        May 27, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I know. Isn’t he sad. I’m still reading the comments for the article posted by Ms. Chips and everyone keepw mentioning Mittenkins strapping his dog to the top of his car? What? Are they making things up or am I missing something? I didn’t really pay attention to the Repugs in 2008. I only paid attention after they decided on their general challenger to PBO. So what’s this thing with a dog :?:

• May 27, 2011 at 9:02 pm

It’s true Lisa, that freak actually put his dog (in some kind of container) on the roof of his car when the family set off on a long journey to God knows where:

• 30 UT Austin Liberal
            May 27, 2011 at 9:10 pm

My goodness what kind of a SICK person does that. I don’t own a pet, but my gosh it was a 12 hour trip and you put a dog in a container and strap it to the roof of a car? No wonder the dog was howling and lost bowel control. Poor thing was probably scared to death. Romney is a sick, sick, SICK man.

• 31 lisalovesobama
            May 27, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Oh My Gosh. Really? What sane human being would do that to another living creature? This guy wants to be president? If he treats his family pet that badly, what would he do to us, the disadvantaged, the elderly, the poor? He is a sick, sick, man.

• May 27, 2011 at 8:17 pm

I read that and it made me sad for him too. Still, I hope he loses and loses big.

15. 33 meta
    May 27, 2011 at 8:24 pm

This is the guy who sent his skanky leftover pizza to OFA headquarters in Chicago last night. What kind of person does that? What is he, 12 years old? Seriously.

16. 34 Claire
    May 27, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Wow, just pathetic. Romney so very badly wants to be one of the cool kids.

17. 35 anniebella
    May 27, 2011 at 8:38 pm

People don’t get upset, it wasn’t pizzas in the boxes, it was Romney blueprint for the healthcare reform he did when he was Governor of Mass. He couldn’t let the Republicans voters know that. So he claim there were pizzas in the boxes. You see Romney is trying to run away from what he did when he was Governor, because President Obama Healthcare Reform is silmilar to Romney plan. You know the healthcare reform where the Republicans-Tea Party voters can not stand. They want it repeal.

18. 36 globalcitizenlinda
    May 27, 2011 at 8:45 pm

what if we start a campaign of presenting the Plastic Mitt half-eaten pizzas whereever he goes

19. May 28, 2011 at 8:14 am

Yeah that sure will get him a lot of votes. Next he’ll challenge the Obama campaign to a phone booth stuffing contest.

20. 38 Fred
    May 28, 2011 at 8:29 am

I hate to go THERE but I will.Mom reminded me last night that err slave masters used to send the leftovers to the slaves after the ate.

I hate to go there but a itsy-bitsy part of me can’t help but think that Mitt is just one country club smug prick that has some err tendencies that will surface from now until the election that ;he;his folks and the so-called “liberal” media will want to spin as a “prank” :roll:

• 39 LunarSea
      May 28, 2011 at 10:33 am

I might believe that of some candidates, well most of them, but Mittens just doesn’t strike me that way and hasn’t done anything along those lines to date -that I’m aware of. Of course he may have to go there to gain RW support, but I don’t think that was his motive…

I can be wrong but he seems more like a dufus (sp?) trying to be kewl…. and failing miserably. :)

21. 40 CEB
    May 28, 2011 at 10:18 am

And THIS guy thinks he can be, deserves to be president? As someone said earlier, he wants to be one of the cool kids so badly, but he just doesn’t get it. Poor Mittens. PBO is cool because that is just who he is. This guy does not even know how to prank. Dear Mittens: here is an example of a prank: PBO adding his weight to a scale behind his staff member’s back (cannot remember if it is the trip director or one of the NSA officers) as he weighs himself and the other staffers who are in on the joke chuckle quietly.

• 41 UT Austin Liberal
      May 28, 2011 at 10:26 am

Oh yeah I remember that prank. It happened when PBO came to my college: University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin for short) in the summer of 2010. Everyone went NUTS for PBO… b/c we’re a pretty liberal campus… almost every professor I’ve had is liberal and huge numbers of classmates in every class are democrats/liberals. It was the trip director Marvin Nicholson. And you are right CEB; that is a perfect example of a prank. :)

22. 42 Titti
    May 28, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Juvenile prank but he fails to see that people are laughing at him and not with him.