Jun

must lie harder, gop

Greg Sargent (Washington Post): Ever since Obama delivered his Arab Spring speech, conservatives have been engaged in a full-throttle campaign to distort and outright falsify his stance on Israel – a comically transparent effort to drive Jewish support away from the President.

Conservatives predicted that Obama’s position – which they widely distorted as a call for a return to pre-1967 borders – would cost him the support of top Jewish donors. But The New York Observer talked to the donors themselves, and found that the whole thing is totally bogus…

…It was painfully obvious that this whole meme was highly questionable from the start … has a single actual major Jewish donor broken publicly with the President? If The Observer – which reports extensively on the world of big Jewish power Dems – is to be believed, the answer is No…

What’s more, it’s important to recall that the claim that Jews are on the verge of breaking with Obama has been a frequent refrain for literally years now. Back in 2008 there were reams of stories about how McCain would be able to make successful inroads with this core Democratic constituency. In the end, according to exit polls, Obama won around 78 percent of the Jewish vote.

Full article here

24 Responses to “must lie harder, gop”

1. June 1, 2011 at 4:30 pm

And yet the Gallup has him at 49-42!

2. 2 Suzanne
    June 1, 2011 at 4:34 pm

This was a comment and I don’t see a way to link directly to the comment. I looked for the name and the date made to find it again. I just love it though. This lovely soul says what I feel. Focus on solutions and the positive — that’s how we get shit done.

Comment: February 6, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Tien Le

One way we fight it is to fight the fear in ourselves and look at our wonderful leader to see that the sky is not falling. He doesn’t pay attention to the polls. If you watch this one hour video of David Plouffe speaking about the 2008 campaign http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URmxWh6aVhw&feature=player_embedded you will learn that they didn’t pay attention to the polls or the pundits then and they’re not paying attention to them now.

When asked what he thinks about Sarah Palin, President Obama replied, I don’t think about Sarah Palin. So if he doesn’t think about her, then we don’t need to either.

Frankly, I’m glad McCain unleashed that fool on the world. She was going to show up anyway, so better we know who she is and what she’s capable of now rather than later. Sure people voted for that pair, but even my very conservative, listens to fox news Republican cousin thinks Palin is a joke. The Tea Party seriously? They are so patently obvious in their extremism, and their public relations suffers from incompetence to the nth degree. Look at how easy it was for Americans to accept the relationship between the Tea Party and violence after the Tucson tragedy.

The Tea Party and Republicans make the Democrats look reasonable and centrist by comparison. That’s what swing voters look for. We own optimism and that’s not ground were going to cede. As long as we remain calm, optimistic and reasonable when we interact with voters, we will be the more appealing choice, no matter what shows up on the Internet, Cable news or their snail and voice mail boxes.

Remember the picture of our President that had the text: Relax, I got this.

• 3 Suzanne
      June 1, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Whoops! I meant to email this to you, Chipsticks!

• 5 theo67
      June 1, 2011 at 5:13 pm

This is a great comment, Suzanne!

• 6 dotster
      June 1, 2011 at 5:33 pm

I like “calm, OPTIMISTIC and reasonable”. I agree we should follow President Obama’s lead with this winning strategy. Too many of our peeps have been posting “house on fire” messages. I realize that because we are so aware of how much is at stake that it’s easy to panic, but we need to try to “accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative”, to remain “calm, optimistic and reasonable”.

• 7 GGail
        June 1, 2011 at 6:02 pm

My feelings exactly dotster. I like your description “house on fire”. I agree that we need to back away from the fear message and accentuate the positive – look at what POTUS does and listen to what he says. He doesn’t do knee-jerk reactions – why should we?

3. 8 doorbell28
    June 1, 2011 at 4:34 pm

There are lies, and then there are damned lies. The Repubs are good at both.

4. 9 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    June 1, 2011 at 4:35 pm

THE RIGHT WINGERS ARE OBSESSED WITH THEIR OWN CONSPIRACY THEORY REGARDING THE PRESIDENT AS THE ‘ANTI-CHRIST’ AND ENEMY OF ISRAEL. THEY ARE DETERMINED TO LIE AND TWIST THE TRUTH UNTIL THEY CAN FIT HIM INTO THEIR MANUFACTURED MOLD!

5. 10 UT Austin Liberal
    June 1, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Like I said before; BOOYAH! Karma is a B—- ;)

6. June 1, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I know President Obama needs some time to rest and I know that he is extremely busy behind the scenes, but I hope he has an event of some sorts tomorrow.

I miss him.

• 12 UT Austin Liberal
      June 1, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I think his only public event is in Toledo, Ohio on Friday. He’s spreaking at some facility or business or plant or factory.

7. 13 Fred
    June 1, 2011 at 4:46 pm

lies are all the Teas have :mad:

8. June 1, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Also, all these cuts the republican governors making are hurting the economy, but are having the opposite results they want. You see, it is the GOP governors that are failing in the polls, despite what the beltway media and Peggy nooonan says.
    I think voters see it as, the GOP that is failing us all, there poll numbers on everything is alot worse than the presidents and that is important.

9. 15 Fred
    June 1, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I wish everyone a good afternoon;evening and night.May GOD bless you all and the President

• 16 UT Austin Liberal
      June 1, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Wishing you the same Fred and hope your back isn’t hurting as much today. :)

10. 23 Sue in Minnesota
    June 1, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Keep banging the drum everyone. Please make extra effort to be sure factual information is getting out. The MSM is as much an obstacle as the Republican Party. Lets dig in our heels and stand strong for good government that represents the welfare of all Americans, not just the rich, connected and powerful. Yes.We.Can.

11. 24 StR
    June 1, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Big money donors pay very close attention and know their major issues and where the politician their donating to stands. They’re not going to fall for the GOP/MSM lies.