Jun

put that in your pipe and smoke it

The Boston Globe: The head of Fiat-Chrysler said today that Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney must have been “smoking illegal material” when he argued in 2008 that the US auto industry could be resurrected without federal financial assistance.

During an interview with CNN, Sergio Marchionne, chief executive of Fiat and Chrysler, said government support was pivotal.

The comment contrasted with a 2008 op-ed column in which Romney urged the federal government not to provide an industry bailout but instead force automakers into a “managed bankruptcy.”

Marchionne told CNN: “Whoever told you that is smoking illegal material. That market had become absolutely dysfunctional in 2008 and 2009. There were attempts made by a variety of people to find strategic alliances with other car makers on a global scale and the government stepped in, as the actor of last resort. It had to do it because the consequences would have been just too large to deal with.”

8 Responses to “put that in your pipe and smoke it”

1. 1 lisalovesobama
    June 3, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Oh Mittens, there’s a pipe with your name on it, buddy.

2. 2 Kasai
    June 3, 2011 at 9:58 pm

HAHAHAHAH……..Toooooooooo Funny :-) :-)

3. 3 Me4obama
    June 3, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Mittens may need Botox to fix his face because he’s been slapped left and right. Ouch! stop, that gotta hurt. Lol.

June 3, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Preach! Thank you for this blurb of info Chips and thank you Mr. Marchionne for speaking the truth to that lying sack of crap named Mitt Romney. I wish more auto execs would give interviews and pen op-eds that tout the success of PBO’s help in lending them the money and demanding that they restructure their modus operandi.

5. 5 HZ
    June 3, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Mit Roaming Around is working my nerves. I am sick of him trying to look cool like the President. Then trying to hold hands with that stiff lady around him. I am sorry,my family for my bad mouth. My dear mother would not be proud of me at this moment. I am so tired of these lying sad people. Please 2012 elections come soon so we can get this done. I may need a sip of wine tonight. Just came from my cardiologist yesterday. I try to be cool on our beautiful site, but these people are working the nerves tonight. I am sorry, my dear friends. I usually keep my cool, but these people are just plain evil and ugly.Then C-SPAN had all of these phony “Moral Family Jokers” on their program tonight, and I had to turn it off. Sad stuff we will have to fight.

• 6 Me4obama
      June 3, 2011 at 10:19 pm

LMAO about the stiff lady, but go ahead and have a glass of wine HZ, may be you will feel better.

• 7 theo67
      June 4, 2011 at 4:17 am

You might want to avoid watching any of these jackals on TV this weekend, and just stick to looking at lovely pictures of this spectacular couple (among other weekend activities, of course). Don’t let them get to you, or drag you into the gutter. It’s too easy.

6. 8 raneetm
    June 3, 2011 at 10:35 pm

The AUTOINDUSTRY save, is even acknowledged by BLOOMBERG, not exactly Obama friendly media. ‘OBAMA DESERVES VICTORY LAP FOR AUTOMAKER RESCUE” here’s the link, please spread around.