Jun

oh mitt….

TPM: Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty … have something in common: According to new surveys from Public Policy Polling, they would both lose their respective home states to President Obama by serious margins – though as the new numbers from Massachusetts show, it’s much worse in Romney’s case.

In the new Massachusetts survey, Obama leads Romney by a landslide margin of 57%-37% – wider than the 51%-43% margin that Obama has over Pawlenty in Minnesota, and comparable to Obama’s 56%-35% lead over the other likely Minnesotan candidate, Michele Bachmann, in that state.

As it turns out, Romney is actually the strongest Republican candidate in Massachusetts. Obama leads Herman Cain by 60%-27%, leads Newt Gingrich by 63%-27%, leads Sarah Palin by 63%-27%, and leads Pawlenty by 59%-28%.

….PPP’s Tom Jensen writes: “I’m sure no one was in a lot of suspense about whether Obama would win Massachusetts next year. The bigger question is if an Obama win by 20 points against Romney…or by 30 points or more against someone else…will be enough to carry Scott Brown’s eventual Democratic challenger over the top.”

More here

13 Responses to “oh mitt….”

1. 1 P
    June 10, 2011 at 7:52 pm

This is great news. News like this makes me feel really good! Thanks Loriah and Chipsticks!

2. 2 theo67
    June 10, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I really hope that Scott Brown loses his seat and it goes back to Democatic hands – a real Democrat, though.

• 3 Dorothy Rissman
      June 10, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I was reading today that PBO’s popularity in Mass could hurt our dear Scott Brownie. I think this guy is dumb. I mean like in IQ.

• 4 Proud of Obama
        June 10, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I’m with you, Dorothy. I don’t think Beown is too bright. He only won because Coakley was a terrible and complacent candidate.

• 5 theo67
          June 10, 2011 at 9:02 pm

And maybe the nude photo spread? I really like the look that President Obama gave him at the WHCD last year when he mentioned that Scott Brown is one of those politicians with nothing to hide… It was a look of “I’ve seen what you have to offer”…

I think Rachel is going to be after Scott Brown next year, too, because he tried to use her as a fundraising tool, and wouldn’t’ back down. This should be fun!

• 6 PoliticalJunkessa
        June 10, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Blunt and true. I also get the feeling he’s not too bright. Not too much going on behind the eyes. He’s so dull, too. Such a downgrade from the dynamic Teddy Kennedy.

3. 7 GGail
    June 10, 2011 at 8:21 pm

The repugs might have to create a couple of more States of the Union if they plan on having a chance. I have no pity, show no mercy! We need to help POTUS Barack Obama CRUSH THEM! OBAMA/BIDEN 2012. I’M FIRED UP AND I’M IN!

4. 8 lisalovesobama
    June 10, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else wish that Mittenkins would just shut up and disappear and take Blah Blahlenty with him? :?

5. 9 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    June 10, 2011 at 8:54 pm

INDEED…MITTENS NEEDS ALL OF THOSE MOUTHS BECAUSE IT’S EASIER TO INHALE WHILE HIS HEAD IS BURIED IN……………………………………….TO BE CONTINUED!

6. 10 anniebella
    June 10, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Let’s see if we hear anything about this from CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC. I think not.

7. 11 LunarSea
    June 10, 2011 at 9:45 pm

‘Oh Mitt’ is about all there is to say.

8. 12 Asher in Boston
    June 10, 2011 at 10:08 pm

We in Mass have no time for these two liars. Till this day, I still find it hard to say or name scottie as my senator. We though have to work hard to kick him to the curb. But with Potus on the ticket, its more likely that we shall take the seat back.

June 11, 2011 at 4:44 am

So far I haven’t heard anything from CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC about this. I wonder why that is. Could it be it is good news for Obama.