Jun

did you hear a click?

Okay, this doesn’t have a whole lot to do with President Obama (unless Romney has hired Rita and Frank to make his attack ads) …. but it cracked me up:

CBS: There’s no denying that the Internet age and massive increase in our use of technologies can create something of a gap between generations. This video definitely exemplifies that as a cute, elderly couple attempt to take a birthday photo on their computer.  Watch and see how they do.

“Did you hear a click?” Adorable!

The YouTube video was posted by “espo633″ who writes about the hilarious couple:

“Rita and Frank try to take a still photo to email to friends for Frank’s 84th Birthday on their new Mac”

Well, a happy belated 84th birthday to you, Frank! You and your wife may not have been successful in taking that photo, but are on your way to becoming viral video stars with this adorable clip.

43 Responses to “did you hear a click?”

1. 1 m
    June 13, 2011 at 9:38 am

That was terrific. Oh LOVE it! Thanks for the laugh Chips. Happy Birthday Frank!

2. June 13, 2011 at 9:41 am

Libya live blog… How Qaddafi is holding on is beyond me? Must have black market help from African union. Hillary is at the African union today, to give them hell!

3. June 13, 2011 at 9:44 am

Cute story chip.

Also, this chuck Todd, from domestic issues to foreign, he twists everything -to nothing is good.

Another subtle, but effective, right wing hack!

4. June 13, 2011 at 10:06 am

Here you go chip, good news on the economy. Shhhh, it’s a secret:

5. 10 AJ
    June 13, 2011 at 10:07 am

Just wondering (btw, happy birthday Frank and/or Rita ;) ), does anyone else wonder why the lack of something harmful in Palin’s emails comes as a shocker to reporters, considering her staff hand picked them? Will there be a pro-Palin sympathy backlash?

• June 13, 2011 at 10:10 am

Such a joke. I tune out all that stuff.

• 12 africa
      June 13, 2011 at 10:32 am

There was a whole bunch of redacted stuff. So, like you, I don’t see why they made all this hype about it knowing that there was nothing shocking in the e-mails. In fact, I think I read something in which the manager of her PAC was eagerly pushing the release of the e-mails.

Go figure.

6. 14 MTmarilyn
    June 13, 2011 at 10:13 am

Good morning Chips and TOD family. Boy, I am away for a day and now it’s going to take me forever to catch up. You guys are wonderful keeping us up on all the “Real” news.

Chips, l love this video! I really made me laugh on a cloudy dreary Monday morning. Now I will try to keep up with the President today.

7. June 13, 2011 at 10:24 am

Almost all polls gave palin second place behind Romney, in republican primary.
    Folks, I know we all hate her, but she would be foolish to not run, with these consistent polls.

I personally, would love to see her run. She divides the republican party, like no other!

8. 17 meta
    June 13, 2011 at 10:40 am

FLOTUS is very busy herself today. She’s in Los Angeles where she meets with the Writer’s Guild to talk about creating stories based on military lives and issues for integration into media; then lunch at a Pasadena fundraiser; then off to tape a segment of iCarly about military families written especially for her at the Nickelodeon production facilities in Hollywood; then another fundraiser near Beverly Hills in the home of the interior designer who redecorated the private residence in the WH for the First Family.

Tomorrow, the First Lady will be across the Bay from me here for two more DNC fundraising events. She will be honored at a breakfast and a luncheon at the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley, catered by the ever amazing chef and school garden innovator, Alice Waters, founder of the Edible Schoolyard.

Welcome to California, FLOTUS!!!!

• 18 Dakota
      June 13, 2011 at 10:59 am

I wished I was back home when I read that she was coming to the Bay Area. What a treat it will be to have Alice Waters catering! The FLOTUS will indeed be busy for the next few days!

• 19 meta
        June 13, 2011 at 11:27 am

I took a 6 year detour in my career, went to pastry school and interned in the pastry dept at Chez Panisse. Changed my life and the way I think about food forevah.

• 20 Dakota
          June 13, 2011 at 11:44 am

How exciting Meta!

• 21 theo67
          June 13, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I would absolutely love to do something like that. Bravo to you for taking the leap – I can imagine that doing something outside of the mainstream like that would be life altering. You’ve given me some inspiration.

• 22 Hachikō
      June 13, 2011 at 11:41 am

Wow. That is busy. And Alice Waters is catering for FLOTUS! Awesome. I love her. Eating at her Cali restaurant is on my bucket list. :-)

9. 24 dotster
    June 13, 2011 at 10:42 am

Michelle is in LA today taping an episode of Nickelodeon’s popular show, “iCarly”. She will play herself in a story about the main character being sad that her AF colonel dad is not home on her birthday.

10. 26 Fred
    June 13, 2011 at 10:44 am

safe trip President and Mrs Obama

11. 27 DTTM
    June 13, 2011 at 10:49 am

I found this business story very encouraging http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a57_8Z_4ELpg&pos=3

By the way, I am superstitious about Gallup. I want to know, but too nervous to look. I’m hoping 48%. Am I, fingers crossed, right?

Hope all are having a good day.

• 28 Manny OKE
      June 13, 2011 at 11:01 am

Dear DTTM, Please do not focus on polls, simply have faith in the Lord and continue to pray for our very dear President and his family. The good Lord who made his election possible, despite all the odds, will surely not forsake him now or ever. Dear Obama family, Let us all keep our focus on the Lord’s promise and not on the storm created by the GOP devils. In the Lord’s own time, He will say to the GOP storm, like he did on the sea of Galilee ” HUSH AND BE QUIET”. Have a good day everybody.

• June 13, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Now Manny, that’s a word, for us all to remember. It’s In God’s hand. God brought the Obamas this far, and all we have to do, Is Thank God, Praise God, and ask God for continous blessings on the Obamas, and then we MUST BELIEVE It. :-) :-)

• 30 sam uk obama supporter
      June 13, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Hi DDTM Gallup is at 47% today but is so changeable at the moment I take it with a pinch of salt.
      President Obama is by far the best President in my lifetime and his achievements are second to none. The whole world need a second Obama term and to paraphrase a quote from the 2008 campaign ‘we need to work like we are 20 points behind’ to get this great man elected. Having said that I do believe that there will be a second Obama term.

12. 31 Dakota
    June 13, 2011 at 11:08 am

TOD Family – I’ve been moving all week-end!!!! And of course, when you move, you’re overwhelmed at all the crap you have that you have barely laid eyes on in YEARS!!!! Even though the moving itself is a major pain in the patoot, we’ve been doing some commando purging and it feels great. Word of Wisdom for today: We Do Not Need All This Crap People! Lawd, It’s good to be back family.!!!

• 32 Fred
      June 13, 2011 at 11:10 am

welcome back Dakota ;)

• June 13, 2011 at 11:20 am

Oh you poor thing Dakota!! And you are SO right: we do NOT need all this crap!!! :lol: Glad to have you back ;-)

• 34 Hachikō
      June 13, 2011 at 11:55 am

I agree, Manny. Do not pay attention to the polls. They are based on people’s emotions at a the moment they are polled. How volatile is that? Moreover, the media plays a good game at manipulating people’s emotions and perceptions. Ignore the polls. I’ll start paying attention a year from now.

13. 37 Hachikō
    June 13, 2011 at 11:31 am

LMAO! Oh God I’m dying. That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen in…gosh, a looong time. Thank you, Chip.

14. 39 AnitaW
    June 13, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Frank and Rita that was so funny. Rita: Did you hear a click. Frank: No.

They are going to love the internet. Happy Monday TOD family.

15. 40 PoliticalJunkessa
    June 13, 2011 at 6:55 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

16. 41 m
    June 13, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Chips, i just saw this additional footage. It sounds like it was Rita’s 80th birthday and not Frank’s.

This is still making me laugh tonight.

17. 42 Titti
    June 14, 2011 at 6:25 am

:lol: too cute. I was shocked to learn that my dad was on face book ( I’m not).

18. 43 Pat
    July 13, 2011 at 11:54 pm

This is my cousin Rita and her husband Frank. They are so adorable and keep our family entertained. If you want to see more videos of Rita and Frank, check out my son Joe’s youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/espo633
    Enjoy!