Jun

** See comment #6 **

President Obama greets a little girl following his remarks during the Irish celebration at College Green in Dublin, Ireland, May 23

President Obama greets Hugh Hills, 85, in front of his home in Joplin, Mo., May 29. Hills hid in a closet during the tornado, which destroyed the second floor and half the first floor of his house

President Obama consoles a woman at the Joplin Community Memorial Service at Missouri Southern University, May 29.

President Obama and British PM David Cameron play table tennis with students at Globe Academy in London, May 24

President Barack Obama walks around the grounds of Buckingham Palace in London, England, May 24

President Barack Obama talks with pub-goers as First Lady Michelle Obama draws a pint at Ollie Hayes pub in Moneygall, Ireland, May 23

Please don’t let Bo ever see this photo: David Cameron introduces President Obama to Larry the cat at 10 Downing Street in London, May 25

First Lady Michelle Obama greets soccer star David Beckham at a dinner in honor of Queen Elizabeth II at Winfield House in London, May 25

Lots of new White House photos released today – see here

95 Responses to “pete souza, genius (say hello in the comments to the father of the lovely irish girl)”

1. June 16, 2011 at 10:07 am

Yes, Pete Souza is amazing but what an personality our President is to capture.

2. 2 AJ
    June 16, 2011 at 10:10 am

Chipsticks, did you let the dad of the little redheaded girl know that there’s yet another great photo of her and POTUS, this time courtesy of the White House? While the others were great, they were mostly of PBO from the back.

God, I love Pete Souza’s work, and yes, he has tremendous subjects to work with! :)

• June 16, 2011 at 10:13 am

Just emailed him AJ! He’ll be absolutely thrilled, when you click to the largest version of the photo it’s HUGE and beautifully hi-res, so it’ll be perfect for printing. THRILLED for him and his family, what a gorgeous photo to have. Thanks for remembering him AJ, you’re a star ;-)

• 4 meta
        June 16, 2011 at 10:20 am

An absolutely PRECIOUS photo of a very beautiful little girl effortlessly charming our POTUS. Just pure sweetness.

• 5 AJ
        June 16, 2011 at 10:21 am

Thank you, Chipsticks! :) :::::doin’ The Obama Diary/More Fab Photos from Ireland Happy Dance::::::

• 6 Anonymous
          June 16, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Hello everyone I had to jump in here with a message and say a big thank you to all of you for your kind words about my daughter the little red haired girl with President Obama – and she remembers every word both the President and the First lady said to her, Play school was busy for her after the visit as all the kids and parents were asking – What did the President say to you, So thanks Obama Diary for remembering us – Best of luck

• June 16, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Lovely to hear from you, thank you SO much commenting! Your daughter is such a dote, I’m thrilled for her that she had such a wonderful experience and has beautiful photos to remind her of the day. Thank you again, delighted you dropped by! Love to your daughter and all the family.

• 8 Debz
            June 16, 2011 at 4:06 pm

So nice to have you here, Your daughter is beautiful. I’m sure she will remember that day forever!

• 9 meta
            June 16, 2011 at 4:07 pm

SWEET! That photo is so iconic that I’m betting it will be an iconic one for quite a long time. BEST to you and your beautiful family.

• 10 Dakota
              June 16, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Thank you for visiting us! It ‘s a lovely photo and I know you and your daughter will cherish it forever. Best wishes and may God Bless.

• 11 GGail
            June 16, 2011 at 4:24 pm

What wonderful memories you, your lovely daughter and your whole family will have for generations to come. Best wishes! Thank you for commenting here at The Obama Diary!

• 12 dotster
            June 16, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Hello! We have all been so smitten with that photo. Your little redhead just radiates. What a beautiful little girl and what a special occasion with our beloved President. My best to you and your family.

• 13 AJ
            June 16, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Hey there, Dad of the Little Red Headed Girl!

We’re all very impressed with your little one’s photogenic good looks, as you can tell! And, we’re all thrilled for your family that you have such wonderful souveniers of President Obama’s historic visit. May those photographs bring smiles to your entire family for generations and generations to come! :)

• 14 Karen, Sr.
            June 16, 2011 at 7:12 pm

How wonderful! Your daughter is beautiful and from the way she’s smiling at the President she looks like she is sweet fun. I can almost hear giggles. It was a thrill for us who could not be there to see all those happy smiles captured forever by the incredible Pete Souza.

• 15 sjterrid
            June 17, 2011 at 2:07 am

It’s great hearing from you. Your daughter is beautiful. I’m glad that you will have this photo to remember always Good luck and best wishes for you, your daughter nd family.

3. 16 meta
    June 16, 2011 at 10:12 am

There are so many amazing photos!! I really love the one of POTUS walking the grounds of Buckingham Palace on his own, glancing upward. What a wonderful moment for him to be strolling out in such beautiful surroundings without being encumbered by a gaggle of press or close protection for just a short while.

• 17 theo67
      June 16, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I love the one of the Buckingham Palace staff saying good-bye to the Obamas. Moments like that make you realize that as “normal” as these two people are, they are big shots, in the grand scheme of things. I love seeing the President work on his speeches, too. They don’t just appear in front of him before he delivers them; he writes them, and then rewrites them, and then rewrites them again!

I also loved seeing the people in Dublin as they waved to the President in the motorcade. I loved them all….

4. June 16, 2011 at 10:13 am

Well, at least this changes the news cycle(weiners debacle). As The president has been getting hammered with way over the top nonsense.
    boner says the American people want to know where are the jobs? Omg! Isn’t boner something else?

• June 16, 2011 at 10:30 am

What orange man don’t understand is people are asking him too where are the jobs? He want to place all the blame on this President, but he don’t get it, 2010 the Republicans got control of the House, so that means they have to do something. So Speaker Boehner where are the jobs you promise?

• 21 meta
        June 16, 2011 at 10:38 am

The jobs are there. Rusty and his crew are busy obstructing them. And he knows it.

• June 16, 2011 at 10:45 am

meta, I believe that too.

• 23 theo67
            June 16, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I was thinking about this on the drive in this morning. We have to keep the Repubs out of the White House, because the corporations will simply start hiring as soon as a Repub is in office, so they can further the brainwashing that Republicans in charge means jobs, Democrats in charge means no jobs. Never mind that they are holding the US economy hostage so they can install their version of a President – one who will cut all regulations, bleed the oil fields dry and then deposit the projects overseas, and keep this country dumbed down so they can create a new third world labor market. We have to keep them out of office.

• 25 Puddin
        June 16, 2011 at 4:40 pm

anniebella you just reminded me that I need to send my weekly email to the “tan man” asking him, WHERE ARE THE JOBS!?!?

5. 26 obamalia
    June 16, 2011 at 10:13 am

Our global President who can connect on a personal level with all kinds of people.

6. 27 africa
    June 16, 2011 at 10:15 am

The picture of PBO in Joblin where you see the kid sitting on the blue car, someone trying to take PBO’s picture and he shaking the guys hand with flag in tow, is so iconic. It should be made into a poster. I just love that photo.

7. June 16, 2011 at 10:19 am

The picture of the President with the young girl and then the old lady, it shows from the young to the old and in between this President (and let me also say First Lady) knows how to reach out to all human beings. That’s a gift, because all people can’t do that and be real with it. Look at Boehner at the picnic yesterday, he look so fake with those kids. If the kids could talk they probably would have said orange man will you PLEASE leave me alone.

8. 30 Kels
    June 16, 2011 at 10:20 am

The photos are amazing! And is it me or is Tom Hanks officially in the POTUS inner circle. He got invited to POTUS and FLOTUS’s personal dinner for the Queen! That’s a huge deal! Matt Damon weeps! LOL

• 31 Street_Smart
      June 16, 2011 at 11:09 am

I think Tom Hanks is indeed part of the circle. He was also at the dinner at Buckingham Palace. I like the guy so it’s all good!! :-)

9. 32 Fred
    June 16, 2011 at 10:24 am

thanks Chip

amazing pictures Mr Souza :D

10. June 16, 2011 at 10:24 am

Very unusual for Joan Walsh to write an article, so what did she write about?
    The mirage of the Obama coalition!

Omg! What is wrong with her?

• 34 CTGirl
      June 16, 2011 at 10:27 am

How about t he mirage of the PL?

• 35 Debz
      June 16, 2011 at 10:53 am

Yesterday on Tweety’s show she said she and her friend “on the Left” are the base of the democratic party. The woman is nuts.

On a lighter note I adore Pete Souza!!!!! I hope he will stay for the President’s second term. His photos are priceless.

• June 16, 2011 at 11:05 am

Apparently Boehner isn’t the only one doing shots in the afternoon.

• 37 theo67
        June 16, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Well, then what is that base doing to get the President re-elected, and to stop that stupid Congress from continuing to diminish the power of the United States with their silly tricks?

I heard a right wing foreign policy expert on a local liberal radio station this morning, saying that the stunt being pulled by those who are suing the President and the apparent Republicans candidates demanding an end to the wars undermines the standing of the United States. If the President says “Gaddafy must go” and he’s not backed up by Congress, then we lose all credibility, because the president is seen as the country not meaning what we say. And we lose the leadership credibility of the country, which is a very bad thing (her words). If the right wingers are even defending the President against the fools playing games with the country’s future and national security (against their own candidates!), then things have really gone crazy!

• 38 Puddin
        June 16, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I do not like anything about Joan Walsh…although I usually hit the “mute” button or I change the channel, but I did hear her make that ridiculous statement. She is nuts.

• 39 askew3
      June 16, 2011 at 4:52 pm

She’s a very bitter PUMA who seems to have some race issues. She got into a mini-fight with Angry Black Lady (who posts at Balloon-Juice and her own blog) over twitter and Joan’s responses were appalling.

11. 40 CTGirl
    June 16, 2011 at 10:26 am

Our president and first lady are just so wonderful.

12. June 16, 2011 at 10:29 am

Meta and chip,
    What is wrong with these progressives:

I have realized that I not a progressive but i am an Obamacrat!

• 42 Me4obama
      June 16, 2011 at 10:37 am

Jovie welcome to the obamacrat club.. Never too late to discover who these little wiesels are.

• 43 meta
      June 16, 2011 at 10:37 am

• June 16, 2011 at 10:44 am

Bc the democratic establishment are all Hillary people. That is where the rift comes in.

• June 16, 2011 at 10:52 am

meta, we are agreeing on right much this morning. I agree with you whole heartly about the disrespect this President have been getting from Democrats. I don’t like it either. Oh and the pictures are wonderful.

• 48 FiredUpInCA
        June 16, 2011 at 11:00 am

“Did you notice the gathering will be 2,200 people? Not worth bothering about them.

I am a full-blooded Obamacrat. When POTUS is done, I will be done. I’m disgusted with all the rest. I’ve been a Democrat all my life. Always paid attention but never campaigned for anyone before. I told PBO that the first time I shook his hand way back in 2007. He smiled and said, “Thank you.” I went on to go way out of my comfort zone to raise money, phonebank, canvass, etc, etc, and all the rest. I have never seen Democrats treat a Democratic President with such disrespect. This cannot be tolerated going forward.”

Another Obamacrat here, who is done when the President is done. This is not about spite. It is about the disturbing discovery that the people who I thought were genuine allies are not.

They watched as the President said I am going to close Gitmo in my first term. I think closure may have been adopted into the Democratic platform, as well as universal healthcare and financial reform.

Then when it comes time for fellow Democrats to put their money where their mouths are; to have the President’s back as he’s being undermined; there is nobody there. The only time we here from them is when their dissing the President.

They were handed the most unique public figure and orator in decades, with global appeal, and they took his vision and nibbled it to death like ducks. They lost the midterms because they’re not about anything but mediocrity and self-preservation. The President wasn’t on the ballot. They were. The President is not the one with popularity ratings in the basement. They are.

Armed with all that knowledge we get Weiner claiming he’s not a values guy, Reid saying he doesn’t work for him, Guitierrez suggesting Latino support may be unavailable unless the President leads on immigration reform meanwhile Guitierrez has never proposed a bill, Conyers and Kucinich suing him.

They are not likely to ever get a leader with this unique combinations of gifts and loyal supporters. They have this invaluable opportunity to change the world and instead they use this moment to preen and posture and not get a damn thing worthwhile done.

Climate change bill? Immigration reform? Jobs bill? Nope. Sue the President and ask him every other week to lead us and campaign for us and bully pulpit for us. They’re blowing a once in a generation opportunity of genuine grassroots support by disrespecting the man and the vision that is supported by millions.

• 49 meta
          June 16, 2011 at 11:14 am

WORD. Thank you for expressing so perfectly the whole mess that so threatens our nation’s progress.

• 51 theo67
          June 16, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Excellent – please send to Debbie W-S. She needs to see what you’re saying here. They better pull up their socks, or the President will move on to some other place where he can be effective. Why should he waste energy fighting his own people when he could join an international organization and get stuff done? He could have done anything in this world, but he wanted to be where he could affect the most change and have the most influence. If he spends most of that time fighting members of his own party who don’t want to work, and are so embroiled in politics that they have forgotten why they went into politics in the first place, then they don’t deserve hi m as a leader. Instead, they spend their time partying on the White House lawn without giving a second though to the millions they’ve left hanging waiting for help while they (Congress) bash the President…

Let President Obama go and do something at an international organization where his energy won’t be wasted. This isn’t his only option to change the world.

• June 16, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Thats an important distinction theo, that Barack Obama could have done anything, been anyone he wanted.. and that is still true. When he is done being POTUS he will be sought after from every arena on this planet… and those dems.. and repubs in Congress & running for President right now- they will never have those options. Not.one.of.them.

• 53 Hachikō
          June 16, 2011 at 6:16 pm

What FUIC said.

• 54 Karen, Sr.
          June 16, 2011 at 6:25 pm

OMG, FUICA. You nailed it. You so perfectly expressed the frustration I have been feeling. When I called Kucinich, Conyers and Capuano last night I told them I will not contribute to the DNC or the DCCC because I don’t want any funds going to them.

The backstabbers need to be taught a lesson.

I urge you to send your comments to Debbie Wasserman and let her see what we see.

• 55 sjterrid
          June 17, 2011 at 2:20 am

Thank you for making this excellent comment. You have expressed so well the way I feel. Another Obamacrat here.

• June 16, 2011 at 11:08 am

The funny part is last year at the netroots convention 84% approved of the President and the job he was doing. Bet it’s the same this year. He’s beating them in their own arena.

• June 16, 2011 at 11:40 am

Thanks woody for saying that, will you be attending? And will you keep us posted on the goings on there this year? I watched online a couple of parts last year, Van …. was there and was amazing with his speech- VERY supportive of the President.. and I watched the bloggers of Black Kos, who were also outstanding.

I think we have to keep in mind that the loudest ‘progressives’- those on teevee.. were also once republicans. Weiner, Kucinich.. have always been loud, they are not really in the party, so much as they are expecting the party to follow them. I’ve always been a democrat and I will always be a democrat.. I too never worked for a candidate until Barack Obama… though I probably won’t again (unless he has a clone).. I also will always vote democrat and I will Never ever do anything to support a republican. I don’t believe in their ‘values’ – I don’t believe in their agenda. Nancy Pelosi is my kind of democrat (after Barack Obama) . I’m just saying we can’t lump them altogether. But we really do have to start yelling at Congress members who have the gall to harrass the President about jobs. That is just ridiculous- it is THEIR JOB to create a JOBS BILL and that should have been their priority these 2.5 years.

• June 16, 2011 at 6:46 pm

No sherijr. I’ve never been to one of those things in my life and I plan to keep it that way. But I remember reading that straw poll from last year and just shaking my head wondering how 16% command so much attention when their own cohorts overwhelmingly disagree with them.

• 60 Kels
        June 16, 2011 at 11:34 am

2,200 people. That’s the kind of numbers the PUMAs had at their height! LOL, these are tea bagger numbers!

• 61 Puddin
        June 16, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I am with yu Meta…”when POTUS is done, I will be done”. I am a Democrat and I have voted all of my adult life, but I have never been engaged…and I certainly have never given any money to any body before 2008…I gave money to the Obama campaign and the DNC and the DCCC, but I have told the DNC and the DCCC that I will not give them another “red cent” until they get behind PBO in the way they should (as a united party). I just sent another email yesterday after reading about the lawsuit against PBO.

13. 62 halo
    June 16, 2011 at 10:38 am

That Joplin photo will go down in history.

14. 64 Me4obama
    June 16, 2011 at 10:39 am

Very beautiful pictures. Lovely couple. Me likee David Beckham. The queen really went all out for the Obamas.

15. June 16, 2011 at 10:52 am

China should not mess with the rare earth minerals, we will just get our own supply!

16. June 16, 2011 at 10:58 am

Weiner is resigning. have you all heard?

• 67 AJ
      June 16, 2011 at 11:10 am

My husband and I had a bet on the actual day he’d resign. I won. Wished we had placed money on it now. ;)

17. 68 dotster
    June 16, 2011 at 11:00 am

What a beautiful collection of photos. There is going to be the best coffee table book of all time some day with all these stupendous photos of the Obama presidency. That first photo looks like a cover on Life magazine. And all the photos of President Obama interacting with all kinds of people, all ages, showing love and compassion reveals what a full and complete person he is, sterling in every measurable way. And the beautiful photo of Michelle in that stunning black dress—she is lovely. And that little redhead photo is such a winner. All of them are just glorious. And whenever I see a photo of President Obama walking alone, I am always reminded that in the end the presidency is an awesome and very lonely job. The burden seems unimaginable. I am so thankful that he is there.
    And because I don’t say it enough—–mucho thanks to chip for bringing all these current news items and beautiful photos here for us. Can’t imagine being without this source now. It would be real bleaky-peaky. And I so appreciate your humor too, chip. Love it. Laughed so hard at your calling for “security” last night at the picnic as the little boy was trying to scrunch away from Rusty’s creepy creepy crawly gesture. Thanks from the heart for all you do!

18. 70 PoliticalJunkessa
    June 16, 2011 at 11:00 am

BREATHTAKING!

Like I said when I first saw it, that photo of PBO greeting the man with the flag in Joplin is so iconic. True American iconography.

I love Pete’s work.

19. 71 PoliticalJunkessa
    June 16, 2011 at 11:04 am

Pete composes his photos so well. There is so much to see in each picture. For instance, in the photo with FLMO and Beckham, you can see PBO off to the left in soft focus. He captures so much emotion in each frame — and he does it so quickly. Just an amazing eye and such artistry. I would buy anything he sells.

Thanks Chips, for all you continue to do.

20. 72 Debz
    June 16, 2011 at 11:17 am

The photo of the Prez hugging the elderly woman is one of the most touching photos I have ever seen. it really tugs at the heart. Dotster you are correct Souza’s Photo would be the most beautiful coffee table book. How would he choose which photos to include, they are all so beautiful.

• 73 Luci1119
      June 16, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I agree that the photo with Prez hugging the little old Lady Is priceless. It touched me deeply. Pete Souza, you do great work :-) I also like the picture of PBO walking on the grounds alone at Buckingham Palace. I’m sure It must have felt good for him to have some alone time, and enjoying the moment. Yes, being President of the US, Is a prestigious job, but oh so lonely, I can Imagine, however, I do thank God for his lovely Wife and Daughters. And of course, then there’s *Bo* :-)

21. 74 Me4obama
    June 16, 2011 at 11:18 am

My Henry Healy looks good too in Pete’s collection. Hi Henry in case u happen to check in.

22. June 16, 2011 at 11:46 am

That first picture is truly iconic. Fantastic.

23. 76 Titti
    June 16, 2011 at 12:31 pm

The guy is a genius and it doesn’t help to have such amazing subjects to photograph. You can ‘feel’ the emotions off the pics; be it sadness/happiness. Wonder what Mich thought of Becks. Can’t wait for that book come 2016.

24. 77 AnitaW
    June 16, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Pete is truly awesome. I remember that PBS documentary on WH photogaphers and he mentioned having to get new shoes. Looking at the photos I bet he goes through a lot of shoes following behind POTUS.

25. 78 tally
    June 16, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Pete, please follow me around with a camera and make me look like the brilliant Shakespearean Goddess I am so J.J. Abrams will write an awesome show for me.

kthx

June 16, 2011 at 1:07 pm

The first picture is historic, iconic, and ironic. On the surface it appears that these people are of the “Tea-Party” type Republicans (they may not be- for all we know they are moderate reasonable conservatives, or even hard-core Obamacrats, but it’s unlikely). However, they seem very happy to see their President. They are smiling, taking pictures, shaking his hands and having conservation. His race/ethnicity doesn’t matter. His being a Democrat doesn’t matter. They see a human being who is doing his job as he promised. In the wake of adversity, they are opening their hearts and minds to let this person into their lives. They probably didn’t vote for him, but as he promised on that night of November 4, 2008, he will hear their voices, and he will be their President too.

27. 80 carolyn
    June 16, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I will be looking forward to purchasing the book containint Souza’s photos…..what a magniicent book that will be! I will buy it for myself, but also for my grandchildren. The first term book and the second term book will be quite a legacy for them! How does he compose those pictures so fast?
    I love photographs. Videos are okay. but I love to have a still photograph to study. When I was a girl, we took LIFE magazine….with all those wonderful pictures. Then, of course black and white. I would study those pix until I memorized them. If you’re too young to remember LIFE, you missed a treat! Every week, right in our mailbox, wonderful pictures of the world and people. I’d like to have had that these past four years!

28. June 16, 2011 at 4:45 pm

The president meets with petreas about afghan drawdown:

Btw: the Anthony weiner scandal gave the media longer exposure than the bun laden Thingy!

29. June 16, 2011 at 4:50 pm

The president meets with petreas :(try this link)

• 84 askew3
      June 16, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I am hoping that Obama will be announcing a large drawdown of 15000+ troops. We need to get these troops home and Obama needs to put some positive news out there.

My piece of positive news for the day – Norah O’Donnell of MSNBC is moving to CBS to replace Chip Reid as WH Correspondent. O’Donnell has been fair to the President, while Chip has been a biased moron. So, I am thrilled to see CBS put a better journalist on the WH beat.

• June 16, 2011 at 5:31 pm

We need to contact CBS and thank them. CBS has a long history of excellent investigative journalism. It was the model of journalistic integrity when Walter Cronkite was anchor. We need to let them know that we want that back. This is from Chipstick’s media links on the sidebar.

CBS News
        524 W. 57 St., New York, NY 10019
        Phone: 212-975-4321
        Fax: 212-975-1893

Email forms for all CBS news programs
        CBS Evening News: evening@cbsnews.com
        The Early Show: earlyshow@cbs.com
        60 Minutes II: 60m@cbsnews.com
        48 Hours: 48hours@cbsnews.com
        Face The Nation: ftn@cbsnews.com

• 86 askew3
          June 16, 2011 at 5:40 pm

That’s a great idea. I’ll drop them a line thanking them for hiring Norah and moving Chip out of the WH pressroom.

30. 87 majii
    June 16, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Wow! What a beautiful young lady! I love that PBO took some time to chat with her!! He’s naturally drawn to young people. I love this pic like I love the pic of him at the window talking to the kids at the nursery school near Sasha and Malia’s school last week.

• June 16, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I love the picture of the President strolling around the grounds at Buckingham Palace. I just wish his Mother and Grandparents could have seen him. How proud they would be. I love the picture of Michelle talking to that soccer guy. They all were nice pictures.

31. 89 Fred
    June 16, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Forget Weiner for a minute.Here’s the latest on our republiKLAN friends :shock: :mad:

Ala senator slammed for taped ‘aborigines’ comment

MONTGOMERY, Ala. — A top Democrat in Alabama is calling on a Republican state senator to resign after he was caught on tape calling black patrons at a casino “aborigines.”

A transcript of the recording was read Thursday during a gambling corruption trial. State Sen. Scott Beason is a key witness in the trial of nine people accused of buying and selling votes on pro-gambling legislation.

He was one of three GOP legislators who wore recording devices for the FBI during its investigation. Transcripts of conversations show him denigrating black people at the Greenetrack gambling hall.

Alabama Democratic Party Chairman Mark Kennedy has called for Beason to resign, but Republican Party Chairman Bill Armistead says Beason is an honorable man who doesn’t have a racist bone in his body.

• 90 theo67
      June 17, 2011 at 3:28 am

They actually don’t even realize that they are racists down to the very cells in their bodies. They think what they do is normal and acceptable. Very frightening.(And many of them have children).

32. 91 GOVCHRIS1988
    June 16, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Not to interrupt this supurb post, especially of the adorable red head with the President, but hell has just frozen over.

33. 92 mtmarilyn
    June 16, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Sir you have the most beautiful daughter!!! What a picture of a lifetime. We have so enjoyed all pictures of POTUS with her. Our wonderful President loves all children. So glad you are able to get and enjoy all these pictures of her. We so enjoyed following their trip to Ireland. You have a beautiful country filled with wonderful people.

34. 93 GGail
    June 16, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Chipsticks, I have had the most wonderful time viewing all of the Pete Souza photos. Thank you very much for that pleasant interlude! Mr. Souza and his staff are geniuses with a camera.

35. June 16, 2011 at 7:31 pm

It should be obvious to the most casual observer that the republiCONS and their followers are truly unAmerican. They have allowed their animosity toward one person to get in the way of salvation/aid for millions of people. The anti-Christ, i think, is not an individual, but a group of people with one agenda.

36. 95 graciouslady
    June 17, 2011 at 10:25 am

As I look at the photo with Prez and the little Irish girl, I am reminded of a scene from the movie ET. Remember when ET was leaving earth and Elliot was so sad he was leaving to return to outer space, ET pointed his finger to Elliot’s heart and said, “I’ll be right here”. It looks like President Obama was, maybe, getting ready to point to her little heart.” As our President was leaving the people of Dublin, it’s kinda symbolic with the little girl and the rest of the country, he would perhaps point to the heart of the little girl and the people of Ireland to tell them to keep him in their hearts. Oh gosh, don’t mind me , I get a little “nuts” sometimes with imagery. It’s Friday.