Jun

night everyone

President Barack Obama talks with Vice President Joe Biden on the Colonnade of the White House outside the Oval Office, June 20. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

THE FIRST LADY IN SOUTH AFRICA – TUESDAY:

Mrs. Obama will start her day by traveling to Pretoria, the capital of South Africa, where she will meet with President Zuma’s wife, Nompumelelo Ntuli-Zuma, at the official residence of the President.

Mrs. Obama will then remain in Pretoria where she will attend a reception with South African leaders organized by the U.S. Embassy

Mrs. Obama and her family will visit the Nelson Mandela Foundation in Johannesburg, meeting with Graca Machel, Former First Lady of Mozambique, and wife of former South African President Nelson Mandela, who will give them a tour of the Foundation and provide a private viewing of former President Mandela’s archives.

Finally, Mrs. Obama and her family will tour the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg

For LisaLovesObama ;-)

Sorry I wasn’t able to be around much today, hopefully tomorrow will be better ;-)

48 Responses to “night everyone”

1. June 20, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Oh man.. that is my favorite song.. and my favorite President- too beautiful with all those lovely children.

2. June 20, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Good night chipper

Here is a snail mail that has been going around, DEBUNKED ny snipes:

You will note this lady was appointed by clinton and does not even work for this administration. Ughggh!!!

3. June 20, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Remember, big Afghanistan speech Wednesday! Crossing fingers!

• 5 StR
        June 20, 2011 at 9:55 pm

It’s a tricky spot given the negotiations with the Taliban right now. If they see the US is pulling out, then they have less reason to negotiate – they could just wait out the drawdown. OTOH leaving the troops there is not going to sail back home and pulling out troops also puts more pressure on Karzai and the Afghan troops and police officers to really step up. Also while the Taliban might see the drawdown as reason not to negotiate, the Pakistani’s want the Us out of their sphere of influence – after bin Laden was killed in Pakistan and the circumstances around him there for so many years the Pakistani’s were very embarrassed internationally and know they really mucked things up and it’s irreparable.

• June 20, 2011 at 10:06 pm

The problem is that unless it is significant drawdown, congress will defund it within a year! And that needscto be taken seriously!

• 7 askew3
        June 20, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I hope Obama is announcing the drawdown of all troops by the end of 2011. Europe has had it with this war, Americans has had it with the war and we are more likely to make progress against the Taliban with drones and small fighter teams than with the 100,000 troops we have there.

A 10,000 withdrawal is not big enough considering he put in 30,000 troops in 2009. Nor is 2014 a realistic deadline for all of our troops to come home.

• June 20, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I think he will at least bring 20k troops home, set benchmarks if troop withdrawals every six months.
          If I know the president, he looks at the logical thing to do, so he will split the difference and take the middle approach!

• 9 askew3
            June 20, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Yeah, this is one case where I’d like to see him take the right approach and speed up the withdrawal and not take the middle approach of waiting until 2014. It is a huge waste of lives and money to keep going in Afghanistan at this point. I feel like we are still there because no one wants to admit that the Afghanistan War can’t be won.

• June 21, 2011 at 3:22 am

Yea, I agree with you there. I wish I could say that I think he’ll leave the middle way this time and do what I’m pretty sure he knows to be the best and the right thing: Just bring them all back. But it won’t happen. At best, I feel, he’ll bring 30,000 back by election time. This is probably my biggest disagreement with him. It really is time to declare victory and bring them back. And since I can’t see it happen, we probably should be ready for a new wave of PL hysteria.

4. 11 Jessica
    June 20, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Nice suit Joe!

• 12 LunarSea
      June 20, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I was just going to say the same thing. Also they make such a nice couple. ie work so well as a team

5. 19 halo
    June 20, 2011 at 9:04 pm

VPOTUS and POTUS definitely talking about Afghanistan and the withdrawal coming Wednesday!!

6. 20 gc
    June 20, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Thank you again for the video of FLOTUS, Mom and Daughters arriving. I’m not even AA, but somehow it gets me very emo.

7. June 20, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Night-night, Chipsticks, and thanks heaps for Part 1 of the Chips-Obama African ‘safari’ , brought to us through hail and snow – well, through lack of electricity and through winter in Africa ;) Will whisper a prayer that tomorrow might be a more upbeat day for you.

June 20, 2011 at 9:19 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed Part I, and so looking forward to Part II in this series. Thank you Chips and have a wonderful evening and great night’s rest!!

8. 27 lisalovesobama
    June 20, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Ms. Chips, thank you, thank you, thank you so much. I needed this, have blessed night. :)

9. 29 LunarSea
    June 20, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Finally got to be on here when everyone is saying good night. lol

Good night all and thanks again ChipsChica

• 32 StR
      June 20, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Probably against Twitters TOS, however the impersonated person has to make the complaint. It would be funny as hell if the NRSC had their account deleted.

10. 33 Doris
    June 20, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Good Night Chipster! Love ya much :D

11. 34 GGail
    June 20, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Good nite Chipsticks and thank you very much for all you provided us with today. May your tomorrow be better than your today. :-)

12. June 20, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Good night Chips, and to the rest of the gang. Have a great night, pleasant dreams later~~~~~~~~ :-)

13. 37 HZ
    June 20, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Good Nite Chipsticks. Thanks for everything that you do to bring this site together with the human spirit of ever flowing love, grace, respect, intelligence, and peace. I love my haven here. It sustains me in more ways that all of you will ever know. Goodnight, my loving family.

• 38 gc
      June 20, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I was going to post much the same, but you are more eloquent!

What a Video. What a POTUS.

I had no idea Chips did Youtube vids. It is my sister’s (an Obama fan) fav song, I sent her the link.

Good night.. Thank you for everything.

14. 40 EDP4BHO
    June 20, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Axlerod on O’Donnell. O’Donnell played Nutroots comments and Choi. Showed poll of 80%, was 90% in 2009. O’Donnell says Nutroots seems to be a big constituent. I say O’Donnell is blowing shit. A-Rod his nice gentle self, but we need mean and snarly right now. I normally don’t watch this stuff. A-Rod says enthusiasm of volunteers is very strong around OFA and such. Nutroots IS NOT HIS BASE so, pluck ‘em all. O’Donnell trying to say PBO should come out and say he supports marriage equality….trying to push this issue. A-Rod says he is not in PBO’s head and won’t jump forward to say what PBO is for. That’s it for now….tired of listening to O’D.

• June 20, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I sent O’Donnell a tweet telling him he had lost all credibility and me as a viewer. I will never watch him or Rachel again. And I truly mean it. Their actions have been beyond despicable. I guess their corporate masters told them what to do and say or they’d lose their million dollar salaries. No integrity and no ethics. Phonies both of them.

Have a good night, TOD family. Keep praying for our President.

• 42 askew3
      June 20, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Obama would benefit from having one staffer who can be aggressive and push back on the media’s talking points. His staffers are way too low-key and nice for media appearances. We need one bulldog.

15. June 20, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Oh, and Chips, that video is precious. I especially love the last photo where President Obama is relaxed, hands in pocket and seems to be talking to the little girl like she’s a grown-up. So typical of him. Love it and him.

16. 45 mtmarilyn
    June 20, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Good night Chips and TOD family. Have so appreciated the coverage today. Can’t wait to see more of Michelle and the girls in Africa. See you in the morning.

17. 46 Sue in Minnesota
    June 20, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Thanks for this beautiful video Chipsticks! The interactions between the President and these beautiful little people are so spontaneous and genuine you can feel it . Their little hearts know goodness, it’s an energy, it’s real.

I’m so done with the MSM….these guys are invested in drama and conflict…..IMO, I’ld listen to someone who enabled true discussion of the issues and put the politics on the back burner. But that would minimalize conflict, and evidently they aren’t creative enough or brave enough to develope a program that doesn’t revolve around conflict.

18. 47 Gloria Powell
    June 21, 2011 at 12:44 am

I walked out of tonight’s organizing meeting at our local library and became engaged in a conversation with a brother sitting out front. He expressed his discomfort with President Obama being “too nice to those muslims.” Then went on to talk about Obama being one of “them” because of his father and of spending so much time “over rhere as a child.
    Sigh!……….so very much work to do.
    Thank you Chipsticks. You’ve perked me up by again posting mine and LisalovesObama’s favorite video.

• 48 theo67
      June 21, 2011 at 1:02 am

Oh dear, why can’t people just appeal to their own human sides? This same man would probably be highly offended if he was to hear a Muslim person on the other side of the world lumping every American into a bigoted role, simply because of the nasty rhetoric that they hear on the public airwaves. “Do unto others as you would have done to you” – never more relevant.

Thanks for attending the OFA meeting!

RSS OFA