Jun

just a reminder….

We’re closing the books on the first fundraising quarter of the 2012 race at midnight tomorrow.

A lot of folks will be interpreting our numbers as a measure of this campaign’s support.

They’re not wrong, but they are wrong about why.

We measure our success not in dollars but in people — in the number of everyday Americans who’ve chosen to give whatever they can afford because they know we’ve got more work to do.

I’m asking you to be one of them. Please donate $5 or more before midnight tonight:

Barack

P.S. — Your gift automatically enters you to join the Vice President and me for dinner. We’d love to meet you. Please donate here:

11 Responses to “just a reminder….”

1. June 28, 2011 at 8:06 pm

From my twitter timeline:

RT @Pnthrgrlgail: Leftist hero Kucinich,while suing to stop supporting Libyan rebels,is in Syria backing Assad’s crackdown. H/t @vcthree http://is.gd/FlqFul

2. 3 Suzanne
    June 28, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I think the news is even better than the link you have, Chipsticks. I had one with a 450,000 goal, but in a later email they have 550,000 and have 544,241 people donating so far. GO TEAM OBAMA!!

The money goes in the same pot and I’m sure counts toward the goal, this other link just seems to be more up-to-date on the numbers:

• June 28, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Hiya Suzanne, thanks so much for that info, I’ve just updated the post – I don’t know why my link to OFA showed a lower target and fewer donors, maybe it was just an older bookmark?

Any way, great news, the target is almost reached ;-)

• 5 askew
        June 28, 2011 at 11:58 pm

There are two different goals 550K donations by quarter-end and 450K unique donors by quarter-end. The 450K one is worrying. We are far way from that goal.

3. 6 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
    June 29, 2011 at 12:23 am

Oh, I just got some clarity then. the smaller goal of 450,000 is number of doners. Which the last time I checked it was at 403,000 plus. And the 550,000 goal is an actual count of donation received. WE are very spoiled in the donation department, but it appears we might not reach our 450k doners by June 30th. :( First time for everything. We are use to reaching our Money bomb goals for PBO. Oh well back to the drawing board.

4. 7 carolyn
    June 29, 2011 at 12:30 pm

This is just noon on the 29th….we’ll reach that goal!

June 29, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I’ve been tweeting about this donation drive. We’ve got to come hard guys and fight! fight! back!

6. 11 CTGirl
    June 29, 2011 at 10:26 pm

We got it!!!! We are over the goal!

@POTUS