Jun

pleased to meet you sir …. very, very, very, very pleased

:lol:

Thank you Donna!

Original video here – Thank you Michele

Des Moines Register: ….. The president then made good on a 2008 campaign promise today, making a quick stop at Ross’ Restaurant in Bettendorf. The diner is off Interstate-74 on the way to Alcoa, which is in nearby Riverdale.

Three years ago, Obama talked with an owner, Cynthia Freidhof, at a town hall meeting, in August, 2008, and pledged to come here.

The president greeted Cynthia with a hug, as she walked through the door. She later said she didn’t know he was coming to the restaurant until he arrived. She had stepped to the street to watch his motorcade pass and then was told he was inside.

“You are so awesome,” Cynthia told the president as they hugged.

….“I think he’s a man of his word, always, and he’s doing the very best job that he can and I just can’t believe he’s here, but it’s real,” Freidhof said….

64 Responses to “pleased to meet you sir …. very, very, very, very pleased”

June 29, 2011 at 7:53 am

That is pure unrehearsed excitement and admiration…you can’t stage this no way, no how. People of all ages, races, color, creed – you name it, all with the same general reaction when meeting this man. And the good will among the crowd is palpable – even when viewing it from a recorded video. That should be a lesson to the Huntsmans, Romneys, Pawlentys and Bachmans out there. None of their silly gimmicks can replicate the authenticity that is President Obama.

• 2 dotster
      June 29, 2011 at 11:31 am

You are so correct, hopefruit. All those thrilled reactions are so genuine. It is so heartwarming to watch. And I can relate to all those loving reactions. And there’s your proof of Obama’s ace in the hole—–people like him, they really like him! People with a brain and a heart anyway, and that’s the side I want to be on.

2. 3 Bill
    June 29, 2011 at 7:54 am

Morning Joe spent a half hour this morning along with Tina Brown bashing President Obama’s leadership qualities. Rev. Sharpton tried to defend the President but it was difficult with Joe screaming over him.. Valerie Jarrett and others at the WH need to stop treating Morning Joe as a friend.

June 29, 2011 at 7:59 am

Actually, when Morning Joke bashes the President – it’s a good sign for the President. Scarborough becomes almost unhinged when he thinks that the President is scoring or has scored a win. Joe is fast becoming irrelevant – all the people that he has been hyping, including Jon Huntsman are no where to be seen. Morning Joe is a 24-hr Joke.

• 5 LOL
        June 29, 2011 at 8:21 am

Honestly, I stopped watching that show months ago. And I have never felt better- especially since it does not ruin my entire day because its a morning show. Joe has always been jealous of the president. They are roughly the same age and Joe was never a senator, never VP, and thank the Lord, will never be PRESIDENT. Mika is too stupid to realize how empty he is, and just like Politico, the other attention whores that come on the show feel they have to kiss the ring- so they join in. Not one person (save Sharpton) defends the president. All of their guests bash him about one thing or the other. The show is aimed at the Professional Left and the 3 republicans that watch that show. There is more money in controversy- and MSNBC does it for the left. FOX does it for the right- and CNN does it for no one- because that’s who watches their shows. Thank God we have rationale places like TOD and BWD’s site.

• June 29, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Agreed. He’s Joe Scarborough not Walter Winchell. He gets less of an audience then reruns of Dinosaur Train. Let’s stop pretending a conservative talk show host and former republican congressman is going to be in a democrat’s corner. Particularly a successful one.

• 7 Kels
      June 29, 2011 at 9:40 am

Tina Brown is a kook. This is a woman who editorially stalked Princess Diana. And this is the same woman who has that sick story and picture out about Diana at 50, complete with a digitally enhanced photo of what she thinks she would look like at 50 and a fake Facebook page and a fake Twitter.

These people are sick. If they’re hating on the President, that’s a good sign. We don’t need sickos admiring him.

• 8 PoliticalJunkessa
      June 29, 2011 at 9:57 am

I really can’t imagine starting out my morning watching Morning Ass. Would ruin the rest of my whole day.

The first thing I usually see and hear about the Prez comes from right here, or other similar sites — and it’s GOOD news and puts me in a good mood and puts a smile on my face. Not some made up b.s. from a wanna be like Scar Boy and his brainless sidekick.

Have a great day, everyone! :-D :-D :-D

• June 29, 2011 at 11:28 am

Joe is a Republican, so of course he is going to attack the President. He want a Republican to win, and they need all the help they can get, with the group of idiots running on the GOP side. But MSNBC ought to make sure Joe is being fair. Who is Tina Brown?

3. 10 louc1
    June 29, 2011 at 8:07 am

That is sooooo me – I know I would act the same way if I did not faint! And a hug — yeah I’d be gone!
    Morning Joke is just that a Joke!
    MSNBC is a joke – watched Lawrence O last night and he went on and on about Bachman and Palin being in Iowa and the clowns they are but not one mention of someone who had a REAL purpose in Iowa – OUR PRESIDENT – not one mention!

June 29, 2011 at 8:11 am

I guess he couldn’t find anything bad to say about the visit – and therefore no mention. That’s the MSM’s MO when it comes to the President. Bury the positive news, and hype the negative.

• 12 theo67
      June 29, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I haven’t watched Lawrence O’Donnell since I heard he had on Dan Choi, and I’ve been so much better for it. More time to tweet! :)

4. 13 Fred
    June 29, 2011 at 8:09 am

good morning TOD family

may GOD guide;guide;guide the President as he has to deal with both loons on the Left and the Right
    may He watch over him and bless him as well

I love it when folks get to meet the President :)

5. 17 collegekay
    June 29, 2011 at 8:22 am

Awww That lady was hyperventilating. Bless her heart.

He does have that effect on ya though. The first time I met him, I cried for 20 minutes afterwards.

Have a perfect day TOD family.

6. June 29, 2011 at 8:22 am

That was priceless. I would be just like her. He is so gracious and real. I say Morning Joke and have been tweeting about his jealously. I agree that he really becomes unhinged and pulls out all the stops to bash the President, when PBO is scoring a win. This a pre-emptive bash, trying to make PBO look bad before he even has a chance to do his press conference. I let them have it this morning. Think I’m also going to call Starbucks and tell them I’m going to lead a boycott until they drop that putz.

• 19 ChristiMtl
      June 29, 2011 at 8:28 am

Good morning all,

But but but…didn’t you hear that MSNBC is the ”librawl” station……??…….Morning Joke always bash the President…

I stopped watching this idiot…..bad way to start the day.

7. June 29, 2011 at 8:26 am

The videos and pictures are great! A man of his word and the President, what an awesome and powerful combination :)

8. 22 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    June 29, 2011 at 8:27 am

HOW PRECIOUS THESE VIDEOS ARE….JUST RIGHT WHERE THE PRESIDENT WANTS TO BE…WITH THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

9. June 29, 2011 at 8:27 am

I’m linking to this on Twitter. Chips, maybe you should put on your YouTube channel. I’d love for these to go viral. He’s a man of his word and people don’t just like him, they love him.

10. 27 Anonymous
    June 29, 2011 at 8:28 am

If morning joke Is ranting and raving, sounds like a sure sign that PBO Is doing a great job, and he’s becoming a scared man

June 29, 2011 at 8:45 am

Definitely. Joke is becoming unhinged with jealousy, as are so many of the President’s “opponents” including the joan-come-lately Rachel Maddow.

11. June 29, 2011 at 8:29 am

sounds like morning joke Is running scared eh?

• 30 SUE DUVALL SMITH
      June 29, 2011 at 8:38 am

PUT IT THIS WAY…IF MORNING JOKE’S PARENTS WERE TO BE CUT OFF OF BENEFITS OR RETIREMENT…HE WON’T BE LAUGHING AT ALL AND HE CAN LOOK AT HIS OWN PARTY TO BLAME!

12. June 29, 2011 at 8:30 am

Chips, this is just an interesting story about who’s the most powerful world leader in social media. Guess who?

• 32 Anonymous
      June 29, 2011 at 8:43 am

edp4bho here, signing in. Morning to all TOD. proud, I read the article and it’s just amazing and comforting both, to me, how PBO can be so popular and at the same time, be like your next door neighbor. I really, really, really love this man :-D

June 29, 2011 at 8:46 am

Let me guess without even looking – Bachman, Palin or Trump?

June 29, 2011 at 8:47 am

OK..I read it. I’m glad I was 100% WRONG!

• 35 CTGirl
      June 29, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Loved reading this:
      ” Obama is so influential, in fact, that he had to be removed from the analysis of the rest of the world leaders as a statistical anomaly.”

13. 36 ChristiMtl
    June 29, 2011 at 8:30 am

Ok I would sound exactly like her if I were to meet him!!….Actually I think I would faint….

14. June 29, 2011 at 8:42 am

Wow, Chips, maybe you should put this on your YourTube site. Wow, just wow.

15. June 29, 2011 at 8:50 am

Don’t you just love his giggle when she tells him she loves him? Sooooo cute.

• 41 collegekay
      June 29, 2011 at 9:58 am

He knows the ladies love him. Lots of ladies. :)

But we can only admire from afar. He has his Queen Michelle.

16. 42 Walking on Sunshine
    June 29, 2011 at 8:53 am

The President needs a special medical team to go into these establishments after he leaves and treat all the heart palpitations he leaves in his wake.

That lady was great. “I’m hugging Obama!”

I went to see him once in Minneapolis and there was a young man outside the building afterward who was saying “I touched him. I touched him!”
    We were all going up to this young man and congratulating him. No one else has this effect on people.

This is a great way to start my day.

Have a great Wednesday Obama lovers! :)

June 29, 2011 at 9:06 am

You know, I’ve been thinking that many people say “Obama” as opposed to “President Obama” because our President is in a class all by himself. He is becoming larger than the US Presidency. Like people say “Ghandi” or “Oprah” not out of disrespect but because these individuals are legends who have separated themselves from the rest. Just my 2c :)

• June 29, 2011 at 9:55 am

I agree with you. They just feel so connected to him. He’s like family. A well-respected family member.

• 45 lisalovesobama
        June 29, 2011 at 11:34 am

I’m beginning to notice that. But I still wish his nemisis i.e.: Maddcow and Co. would call him Pres. Obama.

• 46 Anonymous
        June 29, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I agree hopefruit. He is larger than life and will be the most remembered President of this century. But he’ll be remembered as a world leader not just the US President because we humans have an instinctive way of recognizing true greatness. I think he’s only just beginning. The whole world listens when he speaks and he’s a living example of decency and honor.

This is the Age of Obama!

17. June 29, 2011 at 9:06 am

I got to shake his hand when he was campaigning in Indy. during the primaries. Wasn’t close enough to get a hug. I walked around in a daze for days.

June 29, 2011 at 9:07 am

:) :) :) :) :)

• 49 isonprize
      June 29, 2011 at 9:19 am

Four time, FOUR TIMES, I’ve shaken his hand! Twice as a candidate, once as the President Elect, and once as President. And the last one was captured on video!! Woooo HOOOO!!!!!!

I’m going for ‘five’ tomorrow, as I’ll be at the fundraiser here in Philadelphia. If I get a hug, you guys might not hear from me for a few days. I’ll still be floating on air!!!

• 52 Fred
      June 29, 2011 at 9:23 am

can’t say I blame ya :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. 53 LYNND
    June 29, 2011 at 9:31 am

Well, at least she didn’t scream or faint like I’ve seen some others do. I say she pretty much kept it together considering she just met, and hugged ……..one of the greatest men in history. Believe me lady, we understand.

19. 54 Kels
    June 29, 2011 at 9:45 am

I love the lady who hugged him. That was so genuine and it was wonderful how proud she was to have her son meet POTUS.

I wish she would come post on this blog!

20. 55 AnitaW
    June 29, 2011 at 10:03 am

Very nice addition to wake up to this morning. Such genuine emotion and feeling in that diner. The customers were very cute. “He’s just like you see on television.”

21. 56 PoliticalJunkessa
    June 29, 2011 at 10:13 am

Okay, I had to pull out my phone to watch this video because Y*uT*be is blocked at work.

This video is priceless!!!! OMG, I love it, and I love this lady! I wonder if her son had the shirt on by coincidence or on purpose (maybe he heard PBO would be in the area)? I love the kid’s deadpan “I’m amazed.”

We’ve got to make this lady a TODer!

Thanks donna and Chips — that made my day :mrgreen: !!!

22. 58 freder421
    June 29, 2011 at 10:15 am

Do you guys, think that she has that shirt framed and hanging on the wall yet? I just feel that she does.

23. 59 CEB
    June 29, 2011 at 10:28 am

I Love the older couple near the end who referred to him as a young man just as your parents or grandparents would. “He keeps his promises”; yes he does. Compare this video to the hateful, lying add that is currently running on TV. The everyday people know who he is, what he has done and what he is trying to do.

They also need to update it; gas prices have been falling nation-wide for over a month

24. 60 Kasai
    June 29, 2011 at 10:37 am

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! Just Love Love for this President.

Why aren’t the Media covering???? We must demand by tweeter to why they spend time on ignorance, rather than substance, this President is going around the country talking about jobs, jobs…and the Media is talking about…Bachman, Palin..and the clowns

25. 61 Suzette
    June 29, 2011 at 10:40 am

I am so happy for Cynthia and the others in the restaurant, I am grinning and I have tears in my eyes (lol).

26. June 29, 2011 at 10:42 am

Lovely video…brought tears to my eyes. Yeah, I get sick and tired of the Pres supports always trying to find something bad to say or create controversy. These are real people.

27. 63 Asher in Boston
    June 29, 2011 at 11:07 am

What love that was shown our President’s way. I am so envious of all those people. Love you Iowa, we know you love Potus despite the lies from the so called msm. I am smilling ear to ear. Love to watch people meet Potus and all their lovely reactions.

28. 64 Claire
    June 30, 2011 at 3:40 pm

That was beautiful! I am so very happy for her. What a lovely woman and I agree with her sentiments about the President. So wonderful to see this.