Jul

cover story

Des Moines Register: Better Homes and Gardens will feature First Lady Michelle Obama on the cover of its August issue — the first public figure to grace the magazine’s cover in 48 years.

Obama will be the focus of an article on healty eating for children. The issue will hit newsstands July 19.

Editors from the magazine, which is owned by Des Moines-based Meredith Corp., and the first lady co-hosted a picnic in May for D.C. fifth-graders. The magazine features photos of the picnic and an interview with Obama about her efforts to promote healthful habits.

More here

Thanks COS

46 Responses to “cover story”

1. 1 lisalovesobama
    July 11, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Beautiful, simply beautiful……. I truly love this woman.

• July 11, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Now the far right (i.e, Sarah QUITTER Palin and her buddy M. Bachman) will have a complete nervous breakdown that our lovely First Lady will grace the cover of a prestigious magazine as this. The Quitter Palin will light up facebook saying the First Lady has no right to tell us real Americans how to eat. Remember she tried to say that our wonderful First Lady Michelle Obama was trying to brain wash our kids by say we should eat Healthy. So just watch the fun those fools make of themselves. YES WE CAN LEAD GO FIRST LADY MICHELLE

• July 11, 2011 at 6:04 pm

wesleya17, who give a dam what those two racists think. Yes I said it, Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann are racists. They hate black people, anyone who is not white..

• July 11, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Anniebella, you are so right I know oh to well being from the South you can spot the trash in a heartbeat .Not to worry I don’t give a damn about those two fools.I just get the JOY seeing them going APES@%T WHEN THE PRESIDENT AND FIRST LADY SHOW THEM UP FOR WHAT THEY ARE.

• 5 EDP4BHO
          July 11, 2011 at 7:08 pm

LOL……..you said it right. Who gives a dam. I think most people would rather see a graceful lady encouraging healthy eating than a moose hunter slaughtering animals just for the hell of it. That bish is pure D evil !

• 6 busbus
        July 11, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Ignore Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann. Neither is worth thinking about. Let Sarah feed her family all the moose burgers and stews that she wants. I guess God will direct Michele Bachmann on the foods that she should eat and serve her family. Both of these women have sold their souls to Satan! They are both doing his work and they want to believe that it is God speaking to and directing them. How sad! They forget how cunning Satan is.

Michelle Obama, First Lady of the United States of America, you are looking good! I love your message for our children. Keep up the great work that you are doing.

• 7 dotster
        July 11, 2011 at 7:43 pm

There was a story in our local paper today about a local school district heading to D.C. July 29 for a WH reception to celebrate the First Lady’s program to reduce childhood obesity. The public elementary schools in this district are being honored for having begun a healthy lifestyles education program. They are offering fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains in their lunch menus and have instituted a physical fitness program. I think it’s a great thing Michelle has done with all her efforts in this regard. Too many kids have been growing up with too much unhealthy fast food and too sedentary of a lifestyle with too many video games, leading to a lifetime of health problems.

• 8 busbus
          July 11, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Congrats to that elementary school.

If nothing else, Michelle Obama’s initiatives are helping our students to construct their own knowledge. Through these initiatives, teachers, schools, parents and community organizations can provide experiences for our students to help them to become active participants in their learning. She has opened the door to more hands-on and real-world experiences for students to explore.

As an aside, I truly love the fact that President Obama and FLOTUS Michelle Obama have opened the seat of our government to our young people to witness and explore.

2. 9 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    July 11, 2011 at 4:09 pm

ISN’T THAT AWESOME!!!! PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT BACHMANN…TELLING THE WORLD THE GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO TELL US WHAT TO EAT. IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE HEALTHY STUFF BACHMANN…WE CAN ARRANGE SOME HIGH CALORIE COOKIES FILLED W/ LOTS OF NUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTS TO SUIT YOUR ‘ALL KNOWING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING’ PERSONALITY!

3. July 11, 2011 at 4:10 pm

so well deserved.. just looking at her always make me tear up.. I can’t explain it, but I’m always so moved by First Lady Michelle Obama.

4. 16 PoliticalJunkessa
    July 11, 2011 at 4:12 pm

How beautiful is that? LOV-ER-LY!!!! I will definitely be adding to my collection — I’m a Michelle-o-phile. :-D :-D :-D

July 11, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Beautiful. Goregous. Outstanding. One in a million. I love how relaxed and fresh faced she looks. She also looks like herself; not like how some stars are photoshopped beyond recognition. Magnificent picture.

6. 18 GGail
    July 11, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Editors from the magazine, which is owned by Des Moines-based Meredith Corp. Des Moines….isn’t that in Iowa? I would venture to guess that POTUS and FLOTUS are in pretty good standing in Iowa.

• 19 GGail
      July 11, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Sorry for the double post….the first one didn’t show and then neither did the second…until much much later. :-(

7. 21 GGail
    July 11, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Des Moines…as in Des Moines Iowa? I would venture to say that FLOTUS and POTUS are well regarded in Iowa.

8. 22 LAPalm
    July 11, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Hello Everyone…hope you guys had a wonderful weekend….Shout outs to Better Homes & Garden for recognizing the beauty & grace of our FLOTUS…will be buying my copy for sure….

9. 24 GGail
    July 11, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Bachmann and Palin are probably pulling their hair out screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10. July 11, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I hope they printed extra copies. I will definitely want a copy!! What an honor for our First Lady. I can’t wait to read it.

11. 29 meta
    July 11, 2011 at 4:50 pm

LOOK at how absolutely beautiful our FLOTUS is!!!! And all the hard work she’s doing to improve our lives. LOVE.

July 11, 2011 at 4:57 pm

The first public figure to grace the cover in almost 50 years – WOW! That’s our FLOTUS. And she looks fabulous on the front page.

• 31 Dakota
      July 11, 2011 at 5:12 pm

She looks gorgeously fabulous as usual and I will be buying a copy. I just love our FLOTUS! It just tickles my innards to know that Bachmann and the Quitter will apoplectic about this!

13. 32 Audrey
    July 11, 2011 at 5:13 pm

What an exquisite First Lady we have!

14. 33 Mae who love our CIC
    July 11, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Today we learned that FLOTUS will be on the August 2011 cover of
    BHG. Such s beautiful person who deserves the honor. And today i received birthday card soliciting a donation from OFA for our POTUS to be returned by 8/4 to commemorate his birthday. They also gave you a collage photo of our President. Another momento to add to my collection.

• 34 utaustinliberal
      July 11, 2011 at 5:32 pm

I just got the letter, cards, and collage of pictures in my mailbox from Jim Messina also. I freaked out!!!! It’s awesome. They ask you to sign a card for President Obama with your well wishes and politely, humbly ask if you can donate in multiples of 50 to commemorate his birthday. They list a lot of his wonderful accomplishments achieved in just 2.5 years. I’m going to rush my donation to them and I’m going to make sure to include a personal request for them to visit http://www.theobamadiary.com so they know there millions of us all over the world rooting for this wonderful President. :D

• July 11, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I went to the mail box and lo and behold, I received mine also. I will send it back by the end of the week.

• 36 sam uk obama supporter
          July 12, 2011 at 10:57 am

I received one also I just wish I could do something like this but I don’t think I can since I am not a US citizen. If I am wrong and I can take part in this please could someone advise me. I so want to do all I can to get this wonderful man re elected and also I wish him an early 50th birthday.

15. 37 Debz
    July 11, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Beautiful cover. Nice to see our lovely First Lady as the first in 48 years. i am so proud of our first family.

16. July 11, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I think alot of this woman. I am so proud of FLOTUS.

17. 41 carolyn
    July 11, 2011 at 7:52 pm

“Fresh and healthy” Exactly right! I don’t usually buy BH&G,( only two people to cook for, and my home is pretty well set for its decor) but I will buy this one!

18. 42 Claire
    July 11, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I admire and adore her!

19. 43 Allison
    July 11, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I’m buying a copy!!! Like the magazine a lot … Don’t have a subscription but this is an awesome reason to buy a copy! Go FLOTUS!!!! 2012

20. 44 gn
    July 11, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I can’t wait to buy a copy of that. To whomever took that photo: thank you so much for capturing how beautiful and down to earth our First Lady is!

21. 45 HZ
    July 12, 2011 at 12:48 am

Beautiful. Let’s have a sell out for our First Lady. I am getting my copy. Thanks for the information.

22. 46 Perry
    July 12, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Again, grace, brains and beauty displayed. Eat healthy and pass it on to the next generation…our children.
    She is truly and inspiration.

RSS OFA