Jul

cantor: a fraud, a liar and a rank amateur.

28 Responses to “cantor: a fraud, a liar and a rank amateur.”

1. 1 GGail
    July 14, 2011 at 11:38 pm

I knew O’Donnell from the McLaughlin Group, but until recently, just viewed him as another political mouth…until today when he spoke about his participation in the passing of a debt ceiling measure and I thought to myself (who is this guy?) and looked him up on Wiki…

He began his career as an aide to U.S. Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan and was Staff Director for the Senate Finance Committee.

He’s more than just a “talking head”. Hmmmmm.

• 2 COS
      July 14, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I am watching my recording of this right now.

• 3 gc
      July 15, 2011 at 12:05 am

I remember him from that as well, as a handsome, well spoken man who was not swayed by any concensus the group mightb have expressed on an issue of the day. I DID think he could be special, then lost sight of him, until this week during these serious talks.

• 4 Sharon
        July 15, 2011 at 2:30 am

For the most part until this week he was just a talking head…I was so disappointed in him because I knew he was better than that. “O’Donnell has finally shown up…this is the O’Donnell the left has been waiting for”…using the words the talking heads have used when talking about PBO this week…these talking heads are so funny…NOT!

July 15, 2011 at 12:13 am

I think he probably had a reawakening of some sort after his visit to Malawi – maybe that experience helped give him some perspective about what’s really important in life.

• 6 utaustinliberal
        July 15, 2011 at 4:00 am

That’s what I felt as well. I think he viewed real people and real suffering and it screwed his head on straight. He realized that republicans don’t know what a lot of people in Malawi are going through; real pain, poverty and suffering. All they know is to whine and whine and whine and get nothing done and it finally pissed Lawrence off, that he decided enough is enough, the American people must know the truth.

2. July 14, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I’m sorry…this is the f..er who is trying to take down the US economy? This is absolute BS and the ENTIRE press should hang their heads in shame that they have FAILED to keep the GOP accountable for making this mess, or ANYTHING that they have done. Thank you Lawrence. Somebody finally stepped up. Now, there;s a whole lot more that you guys have been misleading the public about too. Hop to..Rupert is going down. You could be next! And people: KEEP TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT THIS!

3. July 15, 2011 at 12:08 am

We need a nightly call to report the twitters that were revolving today and everyday.

• 9 COS
      July 15, 2011 at 12:13 am

I just heard Rachel say that the Obama adminstration was challenging the decision just handed down to end “DADT” immediately. What’s that about? I am sure they have a good reason for the challenge because I trust PBO.

• July 15, 2011 at 12:16 am

Executive branch enforces the law!

July 15, 2011 at 7:57 am

Again, Rachel is twisting things out of context. She is not really explaining why the administration is going about it this way – instead, she’s feeding the poutrage of ignorance that I thought only existed in Teabaggerville.

The administration is not arguing against the plaintiff – they are actually on the side of the plaintiff saying that the law is discriminatory. However, the adminitration does not want to set a precedent that things be handled in court if there already is an orderly process of the law being repealed. The DADT repeal is going to be certified within a few weeks (end of July-early August). Just because it happens to be DADT (something that most people want to do away with) doesn’t mean that a few years or months down the road, some judge sympathetic to a Teabagger’s plea to overturn HCR, or something that most people find beneficial, could declare it unconstitutional, while ignoring the process of legislation.

In the grand scheme of things, a few weeks of DADT being law doesn’t come close to a right-winger going to court to overturn some important legislation that helps most Americans. People need to keep this in mind…that it would be chaos if everyone simply decides that they don’t like a particular law and enlist a sympathetic judge to overturn the rule of law. DADT is just one law, and it happens to be one that people want to get rid of. There are many other laws that we LIKE – but others may not and want them overturned. Should they simply go to court and get a right-wing activist judge to declare those laws unconstitutional to take effect immediately? What if an acvitist judge decided that the law that children can remain on their parents health insurance thru age 26 be overturned effective immediately? Should the court order be followed or should the administration attempt to request a stay until the due process of repealing the legislation in congress is achieved?

• 12 Betsy
          July 15, 2011 at 10:23 am

Thanks for explaining this. You should send Rachel an email to teach her how how to do her job. She has not been a happy camper since we divebombed her with tweets about her lies about the President’s “feelings” re: the NYC gay marriage law, and she seems to be doubling down on finding ways to criticize him, as a “take that” kind of belligerence. I check in every once in awhile, hoping Lawrence O rubs off on her, but it isn’t happening, so I think I will stop watching altogether. It’s very hard for me because I used to idolize her, and wouldn’t miss her show for anything. Sad.

4. July 15, 2011 at 12:30 am

I saw this and I thought it was outstanding! Cantor #FAIL!

• 14 nathkatun7
      July 15, 2011 at 1:17 am

Yes, aquagranny, LO was “outstanding! He has actually been “outstanding” for the past couple of days. Now Let’s hope he won’t resort back to featuring firebaggers (Jane Hamsher, Adam Green) on his show to bash the President, while they pretend to speak for the Democratic base.

5. 15 Bobfr
    July 15, 2011 at 1:44 am

The ads write themselves ….

Cant-whore voted with Kucinich and Rangel to increase taxes :)

Cant-whore should consult with Marcus Bachmann about how they might go into ‘practice’ together ….

Yes.We.Can. … DO.More.Together!

6. 16 xtine24
    July 15, 2011 at 1:44 am

Did I just see Bill Moyer school Rachel on her show re: the role of journalism? Sorry if this has already been discussed up/down thread, but I just saw it and it was a subtle thing of beauty! It was Bill discussing the quality and lack of intelligent journalism because all have been co-opted by the main brands. I’ve heard Bill on that subject before, but I hadn’t seen Rachel come face-to-face with the reality of co-option.. That was deep and I think she felt it.

• 17 Sharon
      July 15, 2011 at 2:34 am

I watched that too (only because of Bill Moyer)…but I think Rachel thought he wasn’t talking about her…he was referring to those other people…

• 18 M
        July 15, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Yes I agree. It did not seem to me Bill Moyers was including Rachel as being part of the problem with journalists today. He complimented her and she took the praise. I have been a fan of Bill for many years. I am happy to see he as a new book out and that he is pointing out the importance of having independent journalists.

• July 15, 2011 at 5:12 am

Chipsticks, that was a great feature by Rachel with Mr. Moyers. They talked about how the Guardian had worked on the hacking story for years and broke it when they had all their ducks in a row. Also, how the Guardian was set up by a trust and they take no private money. Basically, their job is only to report the news..

7. July 15, 2011 at 4:54 am

Eric Cantor is a lying lowlife.

• July 15, 2011 at 7:36 am

In his year book Cantor writes I want what I want when I want. Sounds like something the 48 year old congressman Cantor would write. Anyone notice how phony Boehner and Canor are. Cantor want Boehner’s job, that’s why the sorriest Speaker of the House back away from trying to do a big deal he was discussing with the President.

8. 24 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    July 15, 2011 at 8:10 am

EFFORTS MUST BE MADE TO STOP DRAGGING OUR COUNTRY THROUGH THE MUD! LET’S GET IT DONE!

9. 25 SUE DUVALL SMITH
    July 15, 2011 at 8:12 am

THE LONGER WE ARE DRAGGED THRU THIS RIDICULOUS CESSPOOL…THE WORSE OUR CREDIT W/ THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY GETS TO BE! I WON’T BE HOME TO SEE THE PREZ THIS A.M. WILL CATCH UP LATER!

10. 27 conlakappa
    July 15, 2011 at 8:46 am

His corn pone accent bugs me, tremendously. I wonder if he and George Allen, Jr., practice Southerning it up together! I know that unlike Allen he’s actually from the South but he’s from Richmond and very wealthy from Richmond. We’re in the same cohort–his is not an accent I heard from the Richmond folks at UVa.

11. 28 Claire
    July 15, 2011 at 9:51 am

Paul Ryan and Eric Cantor, two greedy bastards that believe in their own hype. These ‘young guns’ have certainly proven to be young morons.