Jul

more pete souza genius…..

First Lady Michelle Obama reacts as President Obama soothes a crying baby at the Congressional Picnic, June 15

President Obama greets the family of Make-a-Wish child Diego Diaz, not pictured, before their visit to the Oval Office, June 23

President Obama fist-bumps Make-a-Wish child Diego Diaz after reading a letter he wrote, June 23

President Obama talks backstage with Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett before a reception at the Hyatt at the Bellevue in Philadelphia, June 30

President Obama listens to Vice President Biden during a meeting with the Democratic leadership in the Oval Office, June 23

President Obama greets hospital workers while visiting wounded service members at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., June 17

President Obama talks with Puerto Rican Senator Alejandro Garcia Padilla during a lunch stop at Kasalta, a restaurant in the Ocean Park neighborhood of San Juan, Puerto Rico, June 14

President Obama greets patrons at Thomas Sweet Ice Cream and Chocolate in Washington, D.C., during a family outing on Father’s Day, June 19

All the photos above are by Pete Souza – here’s some Samantha Appleton and Lawrence Jackson genius:

First Lady Michelle Obama meets with former President Nelson Mandela of South Africa at Mandela’s home in Houghton, South Africa, June 21

First Lady Michelle Obama waits to be introduced during an event at the Claremont Hotel Club & Spa in Berkeley, Calif., June 14

First Lady Michelle Obama greets children at the Zandspruit Township Daycare Center at the Emthonjeni Community Center in Johannesburg, South Africa, June 21

First Lady Michelle Obama talks with young people at the U.S. Consulate meet and greet at the Table Bay Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa, June 23

First Lady Michelle Obama receives a hug while meeting with Young African Women Leaders Forum members at the Rosa Parks Library in Soweto, South Africa, June 22

More new photos here

27 Responses to “more pete souza genius…..”

1. 1 cuphalffull
    July 15, 2011 at 10:06 am

I was just thinking how much I need to see these pictures of joy and even some relaxation surrounding our President. I appreciate it more than ever. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

2. 2 Mae who love our CIC
    July 15, 2011 at 10:06 am

Good morning.
    Looking at these photos allow you to forget a lot of the chaos that is going on in the world. There is a comfort in knowing that our President is working hard for the people. May God continue to bless him as he leads our country to a better place.

3. 3 PoliticalJunkessa
    July 15, 2011 at 10:12 am

WEEEEE SOOOOOOOO NEEEEEEEDED THEEEEEESE PICTURES TODAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! YES, LAWD!!!!!

I just want to take a bite out of that first baby’s hamhock legs :mrgreen: .

Thank goodness for the genius Pete Souza and his genius subject, Barack Obama!

Rock on, Mr. President. Rock on!

• 4 Anonymous
      July 15, 2011 at 12:13 pm

“I just want to take a bite out of that first baby’s hamhock legs ”

I’m confessing y’all. I’d like to take a bite out of PBO’s lips. There. It’s out. Major crush on my President. Can’t help it. He personifies sexiness so much I had to put Denzel in a corner :-D

• 5 Sue in Minnesota
        July 15, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I’m in line, right behind you. I am glad someone had the courage to say out loud what I am always thinking. Delicious lips, lucky Michelle, who by the way is in every way as luscious as our President. Simply beautiful, inside to out, people.

• 6 Anonymous
      July 15, 2011 at 12:15 pm

By the way, this is edp4bho as anonymous talking about biting PBO’s lips. Hey, maybe I need a new love, or something :-D

4. 7 MTmarilyn
    July 15, 2011 at 10:16 am

Boner gave a statement. Did anyone listen?

5. 8 Brian
    July 15, 2011 at 10:17 am

“Hamhock legs” Thanks for my first laugh of the day! I still go and watch the video with that baby every time I need a laugh.

6. July 15, 2011 at 10:19 am

Thanks Chipsticks for that great pick-me-up. I always feel better after I see our President interacting with ordinary people.

I am looking forward to the news conference. I hope the President tells these jerks how the cow ate the cabbage. All this unnecessary worry and turmoil for a political grandstanding by Republicans should do them in, but it won’t.

Please join me in lighting a candle for our President.

7. 11 Dakota
    July 15, 2011 at 10:19 am

That’s the only photo I’ve seen of the First Lady’s visit to the bay area. Love her outfit…she looked fab as usual!

8. July 15, 2011 at 10:19 am

Niceeeeeeeeeeee Pictures :D Simply lovely :_)

9. July 15, 2011 at 10:20 am

Ahhhhhh man, let me re-do this comment…… Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Pictures :-)

10. 14 meta
    July 15, 2011 at 10:27 am

LOVE the way that little Diaz baby is greeting our President!! Too much, with the tie and everything!!

• 15 Dakota
      July 15, 2011 at 10:44 am

He’s got a grip on that tie! He looks like he saying to The Prez “Get this thing offa me!” LOL! Adorable!

• 16 meta
        July 15, 2011 at 10:47 am

Nah, I think he’s saying, “I got all dressed up just for you!!”

• 17 PoliticalJunkessa
          July 15, 2011 at 10:59 am

I concur. I love how so many of the children that come to the White House have been dressed to the nines — patent leather, ties, church shoes, suit jackets, lace socks — I love it!

11. 18 PoliticalJunkessa
    July 15, 2011 at 10:29 am

Michelle is so special. Love her :-) .

12. July 15, 2011 at 10:49 am

Luv that pic of the Pres sitting on the steps with Valerie. So glad he has people around him that he can trust. Michelle looks wonderful in that white outfit. Gorgeous legs. I like how she accents her outfits with shoes in nice colors. I’m stealing that.

• 20 utaustinliberal
      July 15, 2011 at 12:17 pm

The pictures with the babies were melt your heart cute, but I gotta agree with you; my favorite pics were the one of him just sitting on a stair, laid back and yakking it up with Valerie Jarrett. The openness, trust and friendship between the two is plain for all to see. Even in the midst of the busy goings on in the background, they’re an oasis of calm. My other favorite pic is the one of FLOTUS just calmly waiting to be introduced. Her outfit is simple yet so breathtakingly divine. The minute details in the clothing is just beautiful. Genius thy name is Pete Souza.

13. July 15, 2011 at 10:50 am

Also wanted to say the looks of pure love and adoration on the faces of the people is just awesome. This is what the repubs hate. And it’s what they cannot beat.

14. 22 Anonymous
    July 15, 2011 at 12:53 pm

The picture of Valerie Jarrett and Barack Obama. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that photo. So open and unpretentious. While the world swirls around them, they are just sittin’ on the steps, chillin’ . I think of her as his older sister. They both had very international upbringings.

And isn’t he just the coolest president EVAH?!!?!!?! And Valerie is always, always, dressed perfectly for every occasion. She is fashion!

15. 23 GGail
    July 15, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Wonder collection of pictures that make you smile! Thanks Chipsticks.

16. July 15, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I love the pictures, specially of POTUS and FLOTUS with the children. Then my next favorite are FLOTUS with Mandella, and FLOTUS standing in the hall way waiting to be announce, she is all deck out in that white. Looking good too.

• July 15, 2011 at 4:01 pm

She have been kind of quiet this week, and I miss not seeing her, either in the garden with the kids, or having something at the White House, or giving a speech.

17. 26 roh108
    July 15, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Great Photos…… I LOVE THE OBAMAS!!!!!!!!!!

18. 27 xtine24
    July 17, 2011 at 9:50 am

There are so many favorites here, but I just love the joy of the young lady @ Walter Reed. Made me smile, grin, etc., and I just kept scrolling right back to it! Yep, Souza genius — you don’t see our President but we know his hand! Powerful!