Aug

a word from tally: are you in?

Two sites I have frequented for over a decade, bartcop.com & smirkingchimp.com have become so full-time Obama hate 24/7 vile you’d think they were all on the Koch payroll. Another one, HP, has also been taken over by the crazies, and is now the National Enquirer of politics.

The first two have been losing money, when in the past, they were doing fine during the Bush years.

I have to give bartcop credit, he prints emails every now and then when a longtime reader writes to say, “Sorry, you’re wrong about Obama, and I can’t take your hate anymore, so I’m out.” Then of course, he makes a comment about how the writer has no clue, or some other nefarious whatever….. Many people have tried to tell him… I keep trying to tell him he’s hurting, not helping. But I’ve all but given up.

I am ever so thankful that there are actually MORE positive Obama sites I can go to now, than the old anti-Bush sites that I used to frequent (and just cannot anymore because of the level on ridiculous, uninformed vitriol.) That gives me hope.

Yet something is eating away at me that I can’t quite put my finger on….. it’s like something just out of my peripheral vision that I can’t focus on, but I know it’s there. It’s starting to live in my instincts more than anything else. Like I gut feeling I know to be true, even though I have no actual hard evidence of.

I watched it first happen to HP with a sudden influx of teaspoons who should be spewing their hate over on freepland… then the “PL/EmoProgs/PUMA/Bitter Hillary supporters” most who seem to be so irrational, I wonder if all of them are who they claim to be.

Anyone ever watch the BBC miniseries, I CLAUDIUS? In episode 3, Postumus tells Augustus his step grandmother Livia, is murdering everyone who comes before her son Tiberius in the line of succession. Postumus is in fear of his life because he has been framed for rape, and  knows he is the last one standing between Tiberius and the throne should Augustus die. Of course Augustus thinks he’s mad to even suggest such an outrageous thing. Postumus, at his wit’s end, laughs,  “It’s incredible isn’t it? It’s too horrific to even think about. I have to be mad even to mention it.” A brilliant 6min – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xSMC-cyke0

I mention this because Hillary Clinton has been more than vindicated about her claim regarding the “vast rightwing conspiracy.” Yes, that was over a decade ago, but they haven’t stopped. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to clear the fog from their head. Voter suppression is alive and well in every state. GOP “activists” are still allowed to handle ballots – like last night in WI. The Koch pockets are deep. Paid operatives are everywhere, on every site, planted to poison the populace, and it’s working on the LEFT as much as it’s working on the RIGHT. I’ve never seen so many brainwashed Dems in my life. It’s so bad, they can’t see the damage they’re doing. They’ve all forgotten about Nader. They don’t realize that they demoralize everyone they talk to into staying home, and that there is no hope. They’ve all bought into the fantasy everything would be different if Obama was President Superfly. It’s insane. SMART PEOPLE, HAVE LOST THEIR FRAKKING MINDS, and can no longer process rational thought about the big picture, and how many factors are involved. The GOP owned media + the Kochs + Citizens United + voter suppression + election (e-voting) fraud + no House Super Majority + no 60+ Dems in the Senate + all the Cult of Norquist Oathers = No Magic Harry Potter Wand for POTUS.

Now we have this nonsense about Romney being WEIRD. From a RIGHTWING site, and everyone is taking this as if they lifted it from whitehouse.gov. You mention the insanity of it to anyone and they think you’re crazy.

Really? Actually, I think it’s everyone ELSE who has lost their minds, when they cannot see an obvious right-wing hit piece when it falls on their head.

The GOP/Tsps KNOW how popular Obama still is, and they’re throwing everything they have at him and the dems so they can control every branch come 2012. If that happens, I firmly believe the US is finished.

If the election is even close, we’re in for another illegal SCOTUS coup like we had in 2000.

Again – if you’re not on Twitter, GET ON IT. Stop asking others to do your work for you. We should all be marching on DC, but most of us are at the point we’re lucky to have jobs, and can’t afford even a day off. That is what the GOP is counting on. All of us being too poor to fight back.

TODAY we need to be CALLING/EMAILING/TWEETING NON-STOP about ZERO TOLERANCE FOR THE OATHERS TO BE APPOINTED TO THE SUPER COMMITTEE.  We CANNOT allow this to stand. We CANNOT wait for November to make a fuss about this.

TODAY we need to be CALLING/EMAILING/TWEETING NON-STOP about the PROOF on the Politico hit piece, and how the media should be called out for being so frakking lazy!

Every day is going to be a new challenge we’re going to have to suit up and fight with every fiber of our being!

ARE YOU IN??

THE TIME IS NOW. ALL HANDS ON DECK.

89 Responses to “a word from tally: are you in?”

1. August 10, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Great message, Tally! Keep up the great work.

• 2 Anonymous
      August 10, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I’m in! Can’t do much more than to tweet and Facebook right now, but I’m doing that and donating $$$ every time I can to fight the good fight. You’re not crazy. The They have taken over every facet of the media. That’s why they are all so smug about making PBO a one-term President.They think they control the communication machine and have all the $$$ to do their will. They do not have the public’s minds or the polls would be totally turned in their favor. That’s what’s driving them crazy. They are not able to totally brainwash as long as everyone is connected through social networks. They haven’t been able to control that yet, thank God. They also cannot take away PBO’s victories, including the killing of Bin Laden. That also drives them crazy. They’re really overdoing it and turning people off. A fast burn and flame out. As long as we stay focused and take our cue from PBO and keep working at it, we’ll win.

• 3 dotster
        August 10, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I have a real unsettled feeling now. They told us their plans, destroy Obama to make him a one term president. So they made an ugly mess out of the debt ceiling crisis which contributed to the market downturn, a loss of confidence in the economy, for which they all can now blame Obama. I have never witnessed such an orchestrated attack. I mean every single media outlet—–all take cues from Politico or whatever Repub talking point of the day, all are in sync. All TV stations are featuring any and all Obama critics they can grab. There is no one defending Obama. (Sharpton is not going to make the difference) Even if there is a Dem sitting there, he is also in anti-Obama mode or offering up weak sauce at best. Even Peter King made it on CNN today launching an investigation about a movie about killing bin Laden, trying to stop anything which would be a positive for Obama. Repubs talking about an Obama impeachment was featured today on many outlets. These people are voracious, bloodthirsty. It looks like a right wing conspiracy to me, a Repub and American media joined at the hip in a takedown mode conspiracy. I am fighting back as fast as I can, but this seems huge to me. I can only hope that we have more smart Americans than dumb ones, more enlightened than those easily fooled. So far the polls appear to reflect that. I’m in and will fight this monster with every cell of my being. I think this is for all the money.

• 4 FTL
          August 10, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Don’t be upset dotster. Remember all things work together for the good for those who love the Lord. So that means even the bad stuff. No weapon formed against the President shall prosper so have heart.

• August 10, 2011 at 7:36 pm

I have email Chris Matthews twice and ask him to show some proof that the President’s campaign plan to swifboat Romney.I told Matthews that I can admit when I’m wrong, but I do not believe this President will run any kind of dirty campaign. That is not how President Obama is. So I ask Chris Matthews to show some proof of what he was ranting and raving about. I also email the Today Show about Chris Matthews. I have sent Ben Smith of Politico an email. And right now I plan to send CNN.

• 6 tally
        August 10, 2011 at 7:38 pm

But it’s not even “dirty”, it’s just weak and stupid. As if some 7 year-old came up with it.

It’s kids on a playground. It’s sandbox nonsense.

• 8 Mae who love our CIC
        August 10, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I think Chris Matthews is ill. I think his job is getting the best of him. I think he is being told to do the deed or they will get someone else to do so. I looked at him today and I truly feel sorry for him. I felt a little depressed as well. With all of the evil forces attacking our President it does seem a little strange that the media and corporate are willing to lie, steal in order, to have the power to destroy the rest of America as we know it. Never have we witness such disgusting tools being used on the American people. We are a democratic government and people have been given the right to vote their choice without all of this lying, tricks and schemes being carried out It seems like we are digressing to behave like other countries who stuff the ballot box or throw away votes. This is America and we should be better than that. In the end; Good will overcome evil.

• 9 cuphalffull
          August 11, 2011 at 5:45 am

Many people have come to see through the coercion and manipulation. Once you see you cannot un-see. As more and more people put two and two together they will see as well. Standing up for integrity, calling out malice is our job, 24/7 because this is a terrible struggle we are in.

I called a person on my potential supporter list yesterday and they were completely comfortable spouting the malice at me and repeating every hate-filled talking point. I tried a new tactic yesterday. I didn’t try to interrupt their hate or respond to it because it would have focused on it. What I said instead was, well I am a volunteer, to which they responded they shouldn’t take things out on me. So I got in touch with their humanity for a moment. Then I just said that it was perhaps important for them to know that kind-hearted, honest and concerned people all over this country, and very many of them, supported and admired our President. From now on I am going to try and shame those that carry this hatred out into our communities. They are doing nothing more than spreading disease among their fellows.

2. 10 ber6964
    August 10, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I’M IN
    and will support the President in all the ways I can!!

3. August 10, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I’M IN FOR THE DURATION.

• 12 COS
      August 10, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Thank you Tally. I AM DEFINITELY IN. I have been in since 2007, and I am not going anywhere. I will do what I can to lend my support to this good president.

4. 13 Obamaperson
    August 10, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Actually tally is right. I can’t really read Daily Kos anymore, not as to comments, and usually not as to diary, because of this invidious infection of minds.

It pains me that once I gave money to Jane Hampshire, she of the Norquist stripe. I can’t go on twitter, I don’t have the technical abilities, or interest in general, but I keep in touch with my friends and tell them when there is something going on that is destroying this nation. I wish the liberal wing of this party were smarter. But maybe the farther you go left, the closer you are to right.

Thank you, and thank you chipsticks, for a great service to our nation. I am grateful I can go here every day. I am grateful this site stays open. One of my other favorites, blackwaterdog, got beaten down, I think, by negativism right when we needed her most.

5. 14 tally
    August 10, 2011 at 7:05 pm

One more thing about the “Romney is Weird” idiocy….. Do they really think President Obama’s staff would come up with something THAT FRAKKING LAME??????

Bagger please!

It’s laughable on it’s face.

• August 10, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Romney is weird. The issue is the Politico duo who wrote the article connected calling him “weird” as some how being an attack on his religion. That says more about Smith and the other guy having weirdness and Mormonism linked in their minds – a case of projection more than anything.

This was a GOP talking point to try and head off he fact that Romney is very socially awkward and want to try to make it an attack on his religion to point it out. I don’t think this will work when folks start seeing Romney with their own two eyes and see how awkward he is when trying to be “normal”.

Harry Reid is a Mormon, the guy who is Senate Majority Leader, the guy who President Obama campaigned for 3-4 times last fall.

• 16 dotster
        August 10, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Agree—–don’t know about the truth of the “weird” memo, but that’s a word I’ve used to describe Romney—-weird and awkward—- in any kind of social interaction. Compare to President Obama who seems to be comfortable and completely at ease with all kinds of people, people from every corner, of every status. And we can thank Politico for morphing this issue into an attack on Romney’s religion, with no basis in fact, just doing the partisan Republ work for them. And then of course every single media outlet took it and ran with it, with no hesitation, not bothering to investigate the truth of it.

• 17 Mae who love our CIC
        August 10, 2011 at 10:34 pm

It is a ploy to diffuse his choice of religion with the evangelicals. Whatever supposedly is attacked will be defended vigorously because people are very defensive about their christian persuasion.

• 18 virginia
        August 11, 2011 at 10:12 am

The very notion that President Obama would agree to go after somebody based on their RELIGION is ludicrous to begin with. I think the Democrats, including the White House should go after this collosal LIE and hard as they can. That’s my first reaction–but I know if they do do a dloud denial, it will only serve to blow up this made up controversy. So I’m coming down on the side of letting that nonsense die.
        I really think it was meant to pull the President into a religious debate, and to also preempt any attempt by the President to use negative personal attacks against Romney, which I don’t think he’d do anyway.

(Did youhear Joe S. yesterday trying to make it an argument about who wore the most sylish Jeans? Sick.)

• 19 virginia
          August 11, 2011 at 10:14 am

Sorry about the typos. I meant “stylish jeans” I still can’t see what I’m typing. My screen is blakc.

• 20 tally
          August 11, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I totally agree. Can’t you just see:

POTUS: Why on earth would I go after anyone’s religion?

GOPMEDIAFAIL: You wouldn’t because YOU’RE A CLOSET MUSLIM!!!!

I really think this was BAIT. Weak sauce, juvenile bait, but bait nonetheless.

• 21 tally
          August 11, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Oh, and Joe was FAIL because I wear the most stylish jeans.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who has the sexiest cougar butt of all?
          :lol:

• August 10, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Seriously. As if. The whole fracas is so infantilizing. To me, it just shows how incredibly freaked out they are to have to face the PBO Presidential Machine in 2012. They’ve got nothing.

6. 23 carolyn
    August 10, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Do people really think the Obama campaign would give out their campaign strategy in 2011 for an opponent who won’t be nominated until 2012??? They play their cards close to the vest…..anyone who believed that bit needs to have a psychiatric examination!!! LOD pretty well demolished it last night.

• August 10, 2011 at 8:26 pm

carolyn, that is what is so darn stupid about this piece of crap from Politico. The last thing in the world this President would do is go after someone because of their religion. He will not attack someone unfairly. With all the crap which has been thrown his way over his religion, he would not go down that road. And for Matthews and alot of the media to fall for this piece of crap from Politico, it’s attack Obama season.

• 25 Suzanne holland
        August 10, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Amen! Agree 100 percent….never, never woud Obama go after anyone for their religion! EVER!

• 26 virginia
          August 11, 2011 at 10:17 am

That is why this story is DYING. Even the most rabid anti-Obama critic, with the exception possibly of Chris Matthews, would believe that the President would attack somebodiy’s religiion. I think the American people know him better than that by now.

• 27 virginia
          August 11, 2011 at 10:24 am

By the way–Did you notice that Romney had a slickly produced counter ad all ready and prepared to counter the “attack” on his religion? This was a set up, a scam from the very beginning. Politico or someone who works for them was in cahoots with the Romney campgaign on this. There’s no way they could have produced that ad in a couple of hours.

• 28 tally
            August 11, 2011 at 1:48 pm

WOW. Seriously???? ^^^^THAT^^^ is the story. I had no idea.

That just PROVES it was a plant by the Romney campaign – and a pathetic one at that.

7. 29 donna dem 4 obama
    August 10, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I’m completely IN. I have concluded that ALL of these so-called progressive sites do far better financially when we are in the minority. We are hungrier then. We are eager to get with like-minded people to bash the other side. They don’t know how to relish in the excitment of being the winner.

I will work my heart out for PBO. I have tweeted 5 tweets this week. That’s really good for me. I’ll get better :)

8. 30 symmetry11
    August 10, 2011 at 7:09 pm

PBO will continue to have my support. I cant afford to attend a march, but I will work diligently to help get him elected via telephone calls, talking to ppl where every I am & by donating money whenever I can. I will spread fact based information about what this President & his administration are doing via Twitter, Facebook & Google Plus. I am all in!

August 10, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Thank you tally for this justified call to action. This is exactly why I was concerned about that politico hitpiece. EVERYONE in the media believed it. EVERYONE. The only person who called it a crap job and a baseless attempt to swiftboat President Obama was Lawrence O’Donnell. Madness is beginning to seep out of cable and into regular tv. They all believed the poltico piece, ran Romney’s nefarious ad about President Obama, and a lot of people who aren’t as politically discerning as us began to think that President Obama was really going to demonize Romney and are calling him a scumbag and trashing his character and are heavily donating to Romney. Not to talk about the outside money from PACs.

I absolutely agree that we cannot wait until 2012 to begin the pushback. We have to fight hard everyday and in whatever medium we can. Because watching this madness seep from cable to regular tv channels today, scared the crap outta me and woke me up super fast. Every news channel cable and otherwise, heavily bashed and I mean bashed President Obama today. It was unprecedented. ALL NEWS CHANNELS. The message was the same on all news channels and all their stories were painting Romney and the GOP in a very favorable light.

So fight back. fight back. fight back. OBAMA/BIDEN2012

• 46 virginia
      August 11, 2011 at 10:26 am

I just posted above that that Romney counter ad came out a little too quickly after Politico’s “breaking news” about the President going after Romney for his religion. It was a set up from the very beginning.

10. August 10, 2011 at 7:15 pm

People, as you all know, there’ll be ups and downs, but I’m glad to see that here on this blog, people will stay just as the President is, not too high or too low when things are good or bad. Onward to 2012!

11. 48 FTL
    August 10, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Damn Talley you have got me going. I agree with you that there is a conspiracy. I do have to say that it is not something new it was just hidden. They felt that they could come out now with it because let’s just be honest President Obama is black. So they were like hey we know that there are crazy ass racist out there that will follow us even if we have them starving and living in the streets, and you know what they were right. A lot of those people are so filled with hate and rage because the President is not an old as rich blue blood racist white man that they can’t see that their heads are on the chopping block also. You see how they treated Clinton impeaching him and all because he was not one of them, but they just went fucking crazy when they saw someone who they have been told all their lives could never make it. Some are starting to wake up to see that these assholes are not on their side and that the Republicans have been working their plan for years. They are starting to see that these people only want a select few to control things. Like I said if you are not one of them, even if you are white, they do not want you. I am and African-American woman so I know they don’t give a damn about a female much less one who is black. So HELL YEAH I am IN!!!!!!!! It is not about black, white or purple with orange polka dots if you are a Teahadist I want to kick you in your throat and stomp a mud hole in your ass figurativly and literally. I am not on twitter but I am doing the email thing. I also feel that some action needs to be taken some visiable things. I understand some people feel that the so called media won’t play it but it will get out with youtube and the like. You know those lazy asses would rather just upload something and play it instead of getting out and searching for it. I am thinking about what I can do in my area.

12. August 10, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I’m in. All the way for the President.

• August 10, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I’m in, never been out. And I say to hell with Matthews and all the media who have stop trying to be fair, but have decided tojump on the band wagon of attacking Obama. I’m in.

13. 51 carolyn
    August 10, 2011 at 7:37 pm

FTL mentioned Youtube. Many people go to youtube who don’t go to any political sites…youtube is great entertainment and grabs attention.
    Does anyone else remember that wonderful piece from 2008: “Don’t speak for me Sarah Palin” sung by the St. Louis hockey mom accompanied by her husband. That one indeed went viral and said everything that needs to be said. She has a new one on Michele Bachmann.
    I suggest we start reframing Republican talking points…..turn them around and tweet back and email them back. For instance on that stupid POLITICO piece…..reframed: “Republican hacks try to guess Obama election strategy re Romney; wrong as usual” And that silly man with the funny name who heads the RNC, said “Obama is to blame for Republicans’ falling in popularity” I say hurray. “Obama gets credit for falling Republican poll numbers.” They are to blame for being so stupid and idiotic that the public hates them!!! Don’t accept the opposition’s wording. Words are powerful.
    We have been forewarned by the Wisconsin tactics. They will try new and different, but if we are alert and BELIEVE they will be evil, we can combat them and get out in front.

14. August 10, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I AM IN LIKE FLYNN!!!

Just want to repeat what I wrote on another thread. One of the best ways to beat back the haters is to give Pres. Obama bigger fundraising numbers each and every time.

15. 58 prettyfoot58
    August 10, 2011 at 8:03 pm

.The Powers that be……they have seen the polls…the polls that says that 64% of the American people believe in a balanced approach to deficit reduction…meaning having the rich and the super rich play their fair share…..over 70% of the American people do not want cuts to Medicare or Social Security….the number one issue for the American people is JOBS…not deficit reduction…..over 60% of the American People blame the the Republicans for the debt ceiling fiasco that led to the downgrade….

in the states…those Republican governors….in WI, Ohio, FL….and others have ratings below 40%

I understand your sense of URGENCY…but we must not PANIC.,…we must be a methodical as the President…as focused as he is….we see what is out there…they do not fool us….we must continue our efforts….to debunk where there are lies….to give clarity where there is confusion and to hope when there is despair…..

but my friend TALLY…..

i think that VARIABLE is the American People…..and i do believe as those poll numbers attest…..they see what we see……so yes let us continue to that make our voices loud and clear…let us not fall for the okie doke…let us remain ON POINT with the President’s Message …and not become distracted by non issues…..JOBSSSSSSS…..JOBSSSSSSSSSS>>>>JOBSSSSSSSSS

Firedddddddddddddd UP….ready to go…

16. 59 Walking_on_ Sunshine
    August 10, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I’ve been out of town for a few days and out of touch. But I’m in. See you on twitter later!

17. August 10, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Never been out.. I’m in. PERIOD.

18. 61 ChristiMtl
    August 10, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Sometimes you reach a tipping point, it happened this morning for me. When I read UT comment about Chris Matthews interview on the Today Show, saying that the President had no heart, calling him ”that guy”. For some reason, it felt like I had been hit over the head by a 2 x 4. I had to take a break from politics today,
    My routine during the week is simple, I do my work for the office and the political junkie that I am get her fix of politics, multitasking back and forth, I couldn’t today. I felt disgusted, I felt nauseous, I felt discouraged about the corruption in the media, the hatred and vicious attacks on the President from all sides, it was just too much today. Everything felt so overwhelming, like an impossible battle to win.
    I even said to myself many times, why the hell do I care?? I’m Canadian, I can’t deal with this. But that’s not how I feel of course, I do care, a lot, President Obama is an inspiration for me, For the sake of humanity, he has to win in 2012, The world needs him. We are one voice.

I was thinking as well as how we’ve been had by MSNBC , the so called ”left leaning” channel, or CNN the so called neutral channel.

But I’ll focus on MSNBC because that’s the channel most of us watch in a somewhat regular basis. I was thinking how clever they are. Just observe their commercials ”lean forward”, sounds progressive doesn’t it? . It’s just bull ,It’s the same as ”fair and balanced” from Fox.

It’s a big corporation, it’s Comcast. The media is the enemy. that’s it, period.

Again, they are really clever, in order to keep their ”lefties”. Think about it. Sorry guys for the caps WE ARE SO DESPERATE TO HAVE A VOICE IN THE MEDIA that we take all the crumbs they throw at us in order to keep us as viewers.

What happened when one of these hosts do a smackdown on the GOP, teabaggers or whoever or whatever situation? We are ecstatic. We get on twitter or email, Thank you thank you Lawrence for this, thank you Rachel for that, thank you Ed, or Chris. We all did that.

And that’s the mistake. Because again we are so desperate to have a voice that we have a tendency to not see the game that is played and we have a tendency to forget the past. Their bosses are rightwingers, they want to keep their jobs.

Just recent examples that we all know of: Lawrence O’Donnell had Dan Choi on his show after the NY vote, he let him spew his lies about the President , He had Bill Maher on, same thing, actually he was giggling when Maher said the President was a Republican, weak and all that crap.

Maddow when she lied that the President was against what happened in NY, when she laughed when Huffington said that the President needed therapy and so on.

Ed Shultz who said recently that the President was a one-timer, the guy who told people not to vote in 2010.

Chris Matthews who went after the T-party so many times, seemed to be in the President’s corner for a while and now did a complete turnaround and is now worst than any teabagger, the vitriol and the lies he tells about the President are nauseating.

And how can we forget the far-right nutjob Scarorough and his clowns who set the narrative for the day.

They all have guests who bash the President on regularly, but because some of these hosts go after the GOP, contrary to Fox, we forget the truth, we forget that it’s the only way to keep their viewers. It’s a colossal scam.
    I don’t agree with turning them off, it’s important to know what the hell is going on to fight back, but I think we forget something crucial. The sponsors, the advertisers, it’s them we have to go after.
    They don’t care if they lose some viewers, lose some, gain some, but they do care as hell if they loose advertisers, their money machine.

We have to have a list of their sponsors and go after them, to tell them that we won’t buy any of their products as long as MSNBC continue on this path. The only way we can send them a message. Like Color Of Change did when it went after Beck sponsors, it worked.
    I understand the need to send tweets and emails and whatnot, I do that as well, but in reality, the impact is so minimal, they don’t care, it doesn’t hurt them. Lets go after their sponsors, CNN as well. We have to do something.

We have to have hashtags on twitter like #boycottMSNBsponsors #tellthetruthMSNBC….I don’t know, anything.

We cannot dismiss it, it’s out there, most people get their information from the corrupt media and don’t question it…the lies just spread like a virus.

Sorry for the long email guys and my crappy grammar, I have a tendency to think in french when I’m upset…..just disgusted with all that.

• 62 ChristiMtl
      August 10, 2011 at 8:24 pm

comment, not email

• 63 utaustinliberal
        August 10, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Brilliant Christi. Just Brilliant. We have to in fact go after their sponsors. For example after New Balance ( an athletics sporting goods company) board member Jim Davis gave $500,000 to Mitt Romney and then after that, Romney signed a pledge saying that marriage is only between a man and woman and same sex marriage should never be recognized. Well people hit back and called New Balance HQs and the CEO released a statement rebuking the contribution and affirming that they take no stance against the LGBT community. The threat of losing consumers in this volatile economy had them reacting. The other thing I believe would be wise is to make sure we encourage as many people as we can to keep donating to the Obama campaign. So that when another quarter approaches and President Obama pulls another ace out of his sleeves, the msm will realize that no matter what they do; they can’t stop a juggernaut.

• 64 dotster
      August 10, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Thanks. Smart insight and advice.

• August 10, 2011 at 9:08 pm

yep agree with you Christi- I find msnbc to be the most disgusting because of how they play so many liberals/dems into buying their nonsense of “left leaning”.

from what I heard about Matthews BS yesterday and today- frankly he should be boycotted- as should Maddow have been for her lies. but folks are so desperate for those ‘crumbs’ they keep watching. Yes we need watchdogs- but we do not all need to watch and continue give them ratings- make them suffer for their bs and lies. This relationship we in America continue without ‘media personalities’ is dysfuntional and frankly UNhealthy.. imo.

Boycott all the national tv media and all their freaking sponsors- WE have POWER folks. We have great watchdogs like UT , etc.. we could and we should do this. Will we ever?

• 66 EDP4BHO
      August 10, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Thanks Chris, and for the long email. It is what’s needed. I too feel that it is past time to commend any of these creatures for any little “seemingly” good tidbit they throw our way. You know, like a past love, when you’re done, you’re really done. They get no kudos from me for performing in any civil manner, and once you bash my President, I am basically done with your ass. Also, I stated yesterday that emailing any of these vile creatures is anathema to me. I wouldn’t waste my damn time. It is the sponsors who do the talking in the end. We have to hit them like Color of Change did. I am glad to see us really concentrating on fighting back. All the ideas were sane, some more practical than others, but the passion is the same. So I will begin looking for sponsors of all these shows. I had a list not too long ago. Better search for it. I am all the way in. This right now, to me, is spiritual warfare, and I’ve got my holy armor on.

• 68 Betsey
      August 10, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Really good thoughts, Christi, French syntax and all :). I agree that all they really want are responses, whether they’re positive or negative. Like an adolescent, come to think of it. We should go after the sponsors. Money is the only thing that really talks.

19. 69 Suzanne holland
    August 10, 2011 at 8:30 pm

I AM IN!!!!!

20. 70 Sue in Minnesota
    August 10, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I’m in. always have and always will be. And when I start to wobble from frustration or become overwhelmed by my emotions….I will focus on the man that is our President. I will draw from his example and my belief in him.

21. 71 Betsey
    August 10, 2011 at 9:02 pm

This line from Tally really jumped out at me: “We should all be marching on DC, but most of us are at the point we’re lucky to have jobs, and can’t afford even a day off. That is what the GOP is counting on. All of us being too poor to fight back.” This is exactly right, and it is planned, and has been since the early 1970’s. Google “the Powell memo,” and you’ll see the start of the plan. Never allow the 60’s to happen again, never allow people to rise up and challenge the status quo, make sure schools are too expensive for students to have time to rebel, make sure they come out of college owing so much money they have to do nothing but work for the corporations to pay back their loans. Think of all the shackles: you have to stay with your job to have health insurance, you have to stay with your job to pay your school loans, your mortgage, your car loan. Everything is way more expensive than people can realistically cope with. Destroy the middle class (slowly and subtly, of course) because people with the leisure to think and be activists may rise against the status quo. Ruin the educational system, because people who know history are dangerous. Enlist the right wing churches to convince people that wealth is deserved, that it’s earned, that it’s blessed by God, so that blue collar worshipers will stand up for people like the Koch brothers even though their lives and the lives of their children are being destroyed. This was planned, and in the works, and has been happening for decades. Bill Clinton got in because Ross Perot was his own man and stayed in the race. But Clinton was to be delegitimized at every turn. Same with Barack Obama, who got in because people were so fed up with the Bush years, and because he is, really, from the future, which the youth recognized. He’s an accident in the right wing plan, and they will do everything they can to take him down. We have to realize this, and do our best to not lose heart, and fight back. We have the best example of how to do this in PBO — keep doing the right thing, day after day, keep our cool, keep our eyes on the prize. The people who want this world for themselves are losing out — they’re white, they’re aging, they’re stuck. But they’re used to getting their way, and they won’t go without a huge fight.

• 72 EDP4BHO
      August 10, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Thank you Betsy. I’m gonna have to read that whole Powell thing. When I get mad, I get to fighting till there’s nothing left to fight for. I will expend all energy I have to save this Presidency from the evil being perpetrated. I am sick and tired of the evil in this world.

22. 73 Isabel
    August 10, 2011 at 9:26 pm

I have believed since before the 2008 election that many liberals/progressives were in such a habit of bashing Bush that they didn’t know anything else and so they kept bashing but just aimed it at the new President instead. It has gotten much worse in the last almost 3 years.
    They say that they need to criticize the President. I say that they are working for a Republican President in 2012. We need to hit back at them as much as possible.

One of the things that we should do and insist that everyone else do, is to always address President Obama as President, not ‘that guy’ etc. I actually emailed one ‘progressive’ radio host about calling the President ‘that guy’ and he actually stopped calling the President that. He didn’t reply to my email but apparently it still worked.

We need to be careful to show respect for our President and insist that others show him respect also. This includes the media and the PL etc.

Remember how Bush’s supporters nearly wore out the ‘strong leader’ meme. Bush was never a strong leader, until near the end of his 2nd term he let Cheney do the leading but his supporters managed to convince a lot of people that he was. This can work in the opposite way, when people disrespect our President, it tends to convince others to not respect him also.

We need to let the talkers and the PL know that we are the ‘base’ and they are not the ‘base’. And we need to do that in a way that makes it difficult for them to demoralize people and thereby negatively effect the election!

• 74 EDP4BHO
      August 10, 2011 at 10:22 pm

“Maybe we could have a blog item that remained open (‘stuck’ at the top?) and listed all of the people who show the President disrespect. Then the tweeters and facebookers can shower them with how they should address our President!”

Yes. We need to be able to categorize our concerns . People could see at a glance what the topics consist of, i.e. the purpose, aims, outcomes, etc. This would be helpful for quick reference, and the evil-doers need to be recognized at a moment’s notice, not only for their attacks on PBO but for their flip-flops and timelines for same.

23. 75 terim
    August 10, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Bravo, Tally! I am in. I haven’t been able to figure out some of the left sites for quite awhile, but you have shined a light on a dire situation. I’ve asked myself why would these bloggers continually do such harm? Their attacks on the President are unrelenting. It’s as if they are intentionally trying to put a Republican back in the WH. So, I’m on Twitter now. I still haven’t figured it all out, but I’m on! And with enough notice, I’ll take a few days and come to DC.

24. 76 LYNND
    August 10, 2011 at 9:45 pm

I know what you mean Tally, I’m sensing the same thing. The RW trolls have hijacked one of my favorite blogs (Margaret & Helen), and they seem to have stationed themselves there permanently. When no responds to their rants they don’t move on like most trolls do, they are all to happy to converse happily among themselves. Nowadays I spend more time scrolling over their stupid comments than reading the comments of my long time favorite posters. It’s a damn shame. Thank Gawd Chipsticks would never stand for this kind of bull chit here. They seem to have thrown in the towel over at M&H.

25. August 10, 2011 at 9:51 pm

When I said email, call etc…. I mean mostly CONGRESS.

Yes, email, call, tweet the sponsors and shows and whomever you wish –

BUT DO NOT WAIT FOR POTUS TO PUT OUT THE CALL.

26. 79 Anonymous
    August 10, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I too am in and have never been out. I start tweeting Morning Joke’s ville crew just to let them know we Americans aren’t buying their racist, vile crap. When I’m out I tweet from my iPhone. Then I’m on twitter until late at night. I also call and email. And I’m working on the ground registering voters etc.

Yes, it’s a conspiracy. Started the day Prez raised his hand on that bible. It’s not just the RW, but they’ve enlisted the help of uncle toms like Smiley and West. I called the sponsor of their phony poverty tour today and blasted them for sponsored such a vile twosome.

The bought off PLs are attacking Rev Al to silence the once voice we may have. Why hasn’t MSNBC signed him to a contract? They didn’t try Ed out? Or Lawrence?

I say we won in 2008, this army of Obama supporters, and we can do it again. We must demand that Democrats get behind this President and get their cowardly butts on tv and smack down these RW attacks.

We must really attack the media for their vileness. Even Lawrence was criticizing the Dem super committee picks. Damn why not attack the Repubs instead?

All this stupid talk about Hillary would have been better. Let’s just call the PL what they are — racists. Just as racist as the tea party. We must stop them because our country and therefore our lives are at stake.

I’m ready to come to DC. I hope we march on Washington and the White House press corps and the other media. I wish we could organize a march on the NY hq of MSNBC.

I’m sick of this crap.

Last, the haters see that the polls show America is still behind Pres O and they just can’t understand it. All the mud they sling and we still love him. He’s still leading the Rep crooked candidates in just about every poll. So they are just going to try harder,

Amazing how not one fricking MSM is talking abt Boehner and t-pty tanking the economy. Nooo. They moved on to the narrative, why is Pres O so slow to fix this.

MFs.

pardon my typos. I’m mad.

27. August 10, 2011 at 10:27 pm

If you haven’t already, try Crooks & Liars. It’s a fabulous pro-Obama website. They do question some of Obama’s policies but they always give him fair scutiny. Try it, I think you will all like it. http://www.crooksandliars.com

• 83 nathkatun7
      August 10, 2011 at 11:48 pm

I must respectfully disagree with your claim that Crooks & Liars is “a fabulous pro-Obama website.” It’s not! There are more anti-Obama pieces posted on that site than the pro-Obama pieces. The comments section is dominated by the anti-Obama posters.

28. August 10, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Has anyone discovered where the stupid politico bit came from about The administration attacking Romney as weird?

29. 86 nathkatun7
    August 10, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Excellent post Tally! I am totally in! We must do everything in our power to fight back.

30. 87 HZ
    August 11, 2011 at 2:15 am

Tally, you did it again. Excellent. Thank you very much for your comments. Right on point. I am In, infact, I have been from the beginning, and I will stay in until the final polls closed in 2012 with President Barack Obama being the winner again. About thie ‘weird’ thing, that is not even in President Obama’s DNA nor in his DNA of his campaign. Rest assure of that one. Let’s get to work and do the job we must do.

31. August 11, 2011 at 6:18 am

I’m In – thank you Tally for firing us up to take action. We need this everyday. Virtual Hugs

32. 89 virginia
    August 11, 2011 at 10:48 am

This is why we lose people. So-called liberals are cannibals–they eat their own. That is why we lose so often even though we are the majority party. The Republicans know this, and have been devious enough to “help” us turn on each other time after time, and we enthusiastically oblige–with people like Matthews and Schhultz, and Kucinich, Sanders.