Aug

sshhhh…….

Hiya everyone,

I haven’t had the chance yet to reply to emails or comments from the last few days (weeks!), things have been kind of nuts – a gazillion sorries, I’ll try to catch up soon. But thank you to everyone who’s been in touch, really appreciate it.

And the warmest of welcomes to anyone who has come here from The Only Adult In The Room. While I’m genuinely thrilled to see you all here, I’ll be waaaaaaay happier when BWD springs back in to action after her break, I can’t even begin to describe how much I miss her and her blog. But I’m beyond happy that she’s taking a break, no one deserves it more ….. love ya BWD.

Meanwhile …. I’m noticing some fretting in the recent comments about the latest polls.

Call me an incurable optimist, but seriously: who do you think can beat the President in 2012? If he had a semi-normal opponent I might worry, but……

Perry?

Romney?

Bachmann?

Are you kidding me?

Honest, even I  could produce the ads to vaporize these freaks.

So…..

Talk soon – love ya all ;-)

PS If you’re feeling low, just keep taking your garlic:

149 Responses to “sshhhh…….”

August 14, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Your ad is FABULOUS!!!!!

• 2 Betsy
      August 15, 2011 at 11:35 am

I agree. I am so glad you’re still here Chipsticks. I miss BWD’s Adult in the Room badly and hope she gets her needed rest. I’m so thankful for her blog keeping me sane this past year. Now, thanks for all that you do. I’m glad I still have a place to go to get through this coming and most difficult year. I was away on vacation in Canada these past 2 weeks and was glad of a break, but am glad to see that President Obama is still the sanest man around. So glad I support him, and so glad I will be able to vote for him in 2012.

2. 3 Kasai
    August 14, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Hey Chips..nice to see ya :-)

Our President is still drawing crowds…and have many that think that’s he;s the BEST MAN for for the job

More than a thousand people waited hours in line outside the Cannon Falls City Hall Sunday. They were all hoping for the chance to get a ticket to see President Barack Obama speak Monday at a town hall event at Hannahs Bend Park.

Local officials said a few hundred tickets were given out, but they didn’t have an exact count.

• August 14, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Thanks for this Kasai. :)

• 6 dotster
      August 14, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I felt sad for those who had to be turned away. Some had lined up a day early. It is so encouraging to see all those small town people so excited to have President Obama visit. Happy that these people will hear from him directly. And after all the Repub pres. candidates’ crazy and dishonest Obama bashing, I’m very glad he’s doing this. We all are due some relief, to hear from someone sane and smart for a change.

• August 14, 2011 at 10:42 pm

What time is the Town Hall meeting? Please let me know if it will be carried on tv or on the white house .gov. And thank you Chipsticks for your encouragement. I agree with you whole heartly.

• 8 JER
        August 14, 2011 at 10:46 pm

President Obama’s Rural Bus Tour Schedule

Monday August 15th – Minnesota, Iowa:

President Obama will travel on Monday to Cannon Falls, Minnesota, for an economic town hall at Lower Hannah’s Bend Park. The event starts at 11:45 and is free and open to the public. Tickets are required, and will be available at Cannon Falls City Hall, starting Sunday, Aug. 14 at 1:00 PM.

Later in the day, President Obama will travel to Decorah, Iowato host a late-afternoon town hall event at Seed Savers Exchange. No ticketing information is available. He will spend the night in Decorah.

Tuesday, August 16th – Iowa:

The President will host an hours-long Rural Economic Forum at Northeast Iowa Community College in Peosta. He will be joined by Cabinet Secretaries, including Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, as he meets with invited farmers, small business owners, private sector leaders, rural organizations, and government officials.

Wednesday, August 17th – Illinois:
        The President will travel to Illinois to host two town halls, one in Atkinson and one in Alpha. No ticketing information is available.

President Obama departs for a ten-day family vacation to Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts immediately after the bus tour.

• 9 JER
          August 14, 2011 at 10:55 pm

More Tour Info:

Wednesday, August 17th – Illinois

Atkinson, 11:30 AM: The President will speak at Wyffels Hybrids Inc., 740 East Henry Street. Tickets are required and will be available at Wyffels beginning at 8:00 AM CDT, on Monday, August 15, 2011. Tickets will be limited to two per person and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Alpha, 3:30 PM: President Obama will speak at a town hall at the Country Corner Farm Market, 5333 U.S. Highway 150. No ticketing information available. http://obamafoodorama.blogspot.com/2011/08/president-obamas-rural-bus-tour.html

August 14, 2011 at 11:13 pm

We might note these times are CDT – in case any are televised and you’re not in the Midwest!

August 14, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Funny how President Obama will be visiting Minnesota (think goofballs Pawlenty and Bachmann) and Iowa, the next business day after the ridiculous Iowa Republican Straw Poll. Of course, T-Paw is no longer running (excuse me while I gloat).

PBO will be there quickly, to change the topic! More good thinking from the campaign team, methinks.

• August 15, 2011 at 12:00 am

Minnesota and Iowa — Bachmann’s backyard. I’m sure she’ll be extra-crazed this week, LOL!

• 13 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
            August 15, 2011 at 2:16 am

LMAO, you can believe that Junkessa. She will be WIDE EYED with a BUSHY tail like this emoticon…… :shock:

• 21 dotster
      August 15, 2011 at 8:45 am

Here’s todday’s updated report from Cannon Falls. I had the same curiosity as the reporter—–how was this small town selected? The mayor said it was as simple as Obama advance team driving around and liked what they saw in Cannon Falls: Lots of excitement there for today’s visit:

3. August 14, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Chipstics you are truly the optimist and we love you for it.

Take care of yourself and God Bless.

• 23 JoJothecat
      August 14, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Same here…..I love chipsticks optimism and glad she is around. I too look forward when BWD returns in the meantime I come here. Thank you for the picture of our dynamic duo – Obama/Biden 2012!

• August 15, 2011 at 1:38 am

Same here too JoJo. I love Ms. Chipsticks optimisism as well seeing how I can’t watch cable news at all; I still read about it that’s a little easier just to know what’s going on . I also look forward to when BWD returns but I am so grateful everyone on this blog. :)

• 26 prettyfoot58
      August 15, 2011 at 6:52 am

Goood Morning…TOD fam….

i agree donna….and i love her for it…

taking my garlic today…hahahahah

coffee brewing….

• August 15, 2011 at 10:27 am

One of the reasons I stayed after finding this site was Chips’ sense of humor and her very positive attitude. It’s incredibly refreshing and HELPFUL. We take such a beating in the press every day, it’s important to be able to recharge with each other. We must also stay stocked up on garlic!!

• 28 Sue in Minnesota
        August 15, 2011 at 10:55 am

Chipsticks has got the “fighting Irish” in her :D and like everyone else her am grateful for all she is and does. I’ll do whatever it takes to stay in this ‘fight’.

4. 29 Kasai
    August 14, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Love it…. “WE GOT THIS”…. Our Chip is such a creative genius :-)

5. August 14, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Hello Ms. Chips, I hope all is well with you and thanks for everything :)

6. 32 EDP4BHO
    August 14, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Thanks, Chips, for you optimism. You’re thinking like I am. The day those freaks would somehow overtake our President in any way, is the day I pack my bags as an expate. Cheers, and good nite all :-D

7. August 14, 2011 at 10:37 pm

I totally agree Chips! The baggers are out in force.

Who are these people that are being polled? No one has asked me. No one has asked anyone I know.

President Obama’s reelection campaign has raised a RECORD amount for any incumbent POTUS and the election is 15 months away.

The GOP OWNS THE MEDIA. They also own most of the polling.

Our biggest challenge is getting people to not stay home, and vote all the GOP OUT.

It’s also to dispel the LIES.

We NEVER HAD 60 VOTES IN THE SENATE –

Obama IS TALKING ABOUT JOBS –

Yes, as a matter of fact, he’s done more for the progressive agenda than any POTUS in HISTORY so STFU –

Sorry, this just makes me cranky, and the Red Tent is about to fall on my head sometime this week. Where’s my dark chocolate?

• 34 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
      August 14, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Tally YOU ROCK!!! :grin:

• August 15, 2011 at 7:48 am

I’ve been working very hard NOT to leave comments on some of the blogs I visit. It frustrates me like hell because these are blogs where people claim to be experts on everything yet they don’t know simple facts about what the Prez has done or said. And as soon as you point out these verifiable facts they yell OBOT!!!

8. 36 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
    August 14, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Thanks Chips. You are the BEST. Excellent “Pick me UP” thread. I am still optimistic, but you just bring it to a higher level. Nice to see ya. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening. Obama/Biden 2012!!

9. August 14, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Thank you dear, dear Chips. You create the DEST lullaby ever with your end of day postings.

10. 39 Esmerelda
    August 14, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Bravo, Chips! I miss BWD too. I also love your YouTube channel and hope you’ll update it when you have some time to spare.

• 40 Frenchie08
      August 14, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Thank you so much Chips! I have to admit, I was one of the ones who was a little shaky about the polls today with all the other noise. This is the first time I have reacted with worry as I too am usually optimistic! It kinda caught me off guards. I will NOT make that mistake again. Did voter registration yesterday and will do phone banking tomorrow and Wednesday. Obama 2012!!!

August 14, 2011 at 10:53 pm

In the “garlic” video (0:48), love the way President Obama quickly withdrew his hands after Ms. Asher made her “pitch.” :)

• 42 utaustinliberal
      August 14, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Hahaha. At 107 she’s still a little sassy and frisky. I love when PBO said that if he took garlic, Michelle might not kiss him at night and the old dame replied “I’d kiss you every night.” Hahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: PBO politely did not reply.

• 44 Esmerelda
      August 14, 2011 at 11:19 pm

I know, that was really funny! Although I guess she should get away with it at 107.

12. 46 carol in ky
    August 14, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I love the look he gave Michelle when the baby stopped crying. Priceless…:-)

13. 47 GGail
    August 14, 2011 at 11:14 pm

My dear Chipsticks – I have a gremlin in my Inbox….it’s YOU! LOL!!!! You keep sending me these new posts and….then….they….disappear! So I freak out and begin banging the sides of my PC tower, trying to recover what was NEVER lost in the first place!!!! :lol:

Keep up the GREAT work kiddo. We do appreciate you for hanging in there and we sure do miss BWD. :D

14. 48 dotster
    August 14, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Need some help in hitting back at AP who has really done a number on President Obama the last 2 days. Just read their latest which goes out across the country and I will not link but it could have been written by the RNC. So infuriating, this disconnect, and then see the vid of the hundreds of people lining up in small town America to get a chance to see and hear the president. And I just heard Michele Bachmann call the president “Raback” Obama on a news clip from one of the morning shows. Doofus. And notice how no Repubs say President Obama.

• August 14, 2011 at 11:28 pm

How do I get in touch with AP. I’ll write, I’ll email, I’ll call, just give me some information please. When fifty or a hundred shows up to see Romney or Bachman they don’t say one word about the crowd. All this is is another way of attacking the President. Believe me I bet, no I know the President can out draw any of those idiots on the Tea Republicans side. These racists fools never had any respect for this Black President.

August 14, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Here’s a contact page for the AP:

• 51 Kasai
      August 15, 2011 at 12:19 am

Once in a while if, I read the nasty comments on Yahoo…where the world can see…
      This what I do..I copy and past all of PBO accomplishments as long text they come (not links)..and keep copy and paste the same message under a nasty comment…You will be surprised in how many “thumbs up” I get…..
      The reason I started this process is:
      1) This the best place to advertize PBO’s accomplishments, right on the first page of yahoo for the world to see.
      2) You might even change some minds…For some of these folks might not tweet or read blogs, so why not balance it out with some positive comments. It matters that we fight back, even on Yahoo front page, we can’t let AP write our narrative, You see they marching order from the R/W owned media…and we can beat them by using their own floor with a little creativity.

Please try it….Just cut and paste PBO” accomplishments, (in long text forms) as many times as you like..(Your long comments will knock down the dirt and will be more visible) You don’t even have to respond to their nasty racist comments……they need to know the truth and what PBO is been up to….An most importantly they need to know that this President has an army of millions ready and willing to take down their BS.
      Just an idea, I tried

15. 55 gcwp1
    August 14, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Another thank you for referencing the polls with calm and optimism. They mean nothing this far out, but seeing low numbers is simply depressing,

I think there is a flavored martini with my name on it >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

‘Night!

16. August 14, 2011 at 11:39 pm

A great big thanks from me too. this place is wonderful. You are amazing. Let us know if we can help in any way.

To get in touch with AP
    Associated Press
    450 West 33rd St., New York, NY 10001
    Phone: 212-621-1500
    Fax: 212-621-1723
    Twitter: @AP

General Questions and Comments: info@ap.org
    feedback@ap.org

• August 15, 2011 at 12:27 am

Thank you everyone, I just sent AP an email and I will be sending another one too. I might give them a call. One thing I told AP is that we who support this President is ready and willing to fight to re-elect him because we believe in him. I told AP that I am tired of all the anti-Obama B.S. coming from the so call legit media. We Obama supporters are ready and we will fight who and what we have to. That includes the sorry ass media like AP. We will call you guys out when it is call for. What we are looking for is a fair and balance media. We don’t want to see or believe the AP or any other media act like they are the mouth piece for the Tea Republican Party. Some of the media act like Michele Bachmann did something by winning in her home state, by barely beating Ron Paul. If Romney was any kind of strong candidate he would have won Iowa. But how many votes did Mitt Romney get? John Huntsman. I wrote alot more to AP,some not so nice. But I’m sick of the media.

17. August 14, 2011 at 11:58 pm

PBO will be re-elected. No doubt. Thanks for keeping the faith, Chips! I really appreciate all you do :-D .

18. 59 hgerhard
    August 15, 2011 at 12:01 am

Thank you, Chipsticks. Earlier today I received a really hateful email, addressed to everyone in OFA-MA. I can’t report exactly what it said – I hit the Delete button after reading the first sentence. I won’t pretend – these communications hurt, but in another way they make me realize even more what we have with this President. Commentators often repeat the familiar question “What kind of country do we want to live in?” To which I would add “What kind of human being do we want to lead the country?” I don’t understand every detail of economic policy, I don’t know everything that goes into decisions made by the President, but this I know: I love, respect, admire and trust President Obama. Day in and day out, he is confronted with hateful and acrimonious opposition and yet he remains open and calm, always responding to the issues at hand and never demonizing those who seek to destroy him. He does not revel in the glory of the office, but is focused entirely on doing the right thing for the country. He lives by the words he wrote in his book about the tradition of politics that made him choose public service: “a tradition based on the simple idea that we have a stake in one another and that what binds us together is greater than what drives us apart”. He is the President who campaigned on the statement that ” I am my brother’s, my sister’s keeper” and I know that he believes it and that it is the basis for all he does as President. He has a vision of America that includes everyone, not glossing over differences and conflicts, but one where all respect one another and work together for the common good. If he is ambitious, it’s an ambition for the the country he serves. Nor does his vision end at the country’s borders. He recognizes the brothers and sisters in far away places, the “human family”, and he works for peace and a better life for millions around the world while also dealing with huge challenges, such as genocide, tyranny and terrorism that still threaten us all. He is the most hard working President I have ever known and at the same time, he is a loving husband and father. He carries the burden of his office with grace and style, often finding renewal in his interactions with the people for whom he cares so much. How fortunate we are to have such a great human being as our President. Why would I even want to listen to the voices of those who embrace only greed, hate and deception?

• August 15, 2011 at 12:05 am

OMG. How has everyone else at OFA-MA reacted to such an email?? Was it FROM someone in the org?

• 61 hgerhard
        August 15, 2011 at 12:10 am

I honestly don’t know. I have not heard from anyone, but then it’s Sunday. I don’t remember the name of the sender, but I cannot believe anyone in OFA – even the most ticked off super-progressive – would write such bile.

• 66 theo67
      August 15, 2011 at 12:16 am

How terrible to receive an ugly email – smart of you to delete it after recognizing the filth contained within. I don’t know how some people live with such hatred in their hearts that would drive them to send a hateful email to a whole state of supporters. I wonder how they got the mailing info? Not good. Your post was wonderful, though, and I agree with your analysis of President Obama. He believes in what he says, and he’s living a life dedicated to others. A very good role model for all.

• August 15, 2011 at 11:03 am

A deranged person has tried to take over our listserve from 2008 (Teachers for Obama). A group ofus supporters have fought back, and quelled this racist. It is really crazy out there, and I can see that we are going to have to stay focused on what we need to do to reelect the President We will NOT get any help from the media. We might as well accept that now, and figure out ways to get around them. They have to be discredited.

• 68 Brian
      August 15, 2011 at 5:41 am

Good morning, hgerhard.

First I was happy to start my morning by watching my favorite feelgood video (Oh baby), and then I read your wonderful post. You said so beautifully what I feel so strongly about our President. Yes, I’m proud of the achievements of the last 2 1/2 years, but what really energizes me is this man’s amazing character and vision. I’m going to write out your post and keep it somewhere to reread when I need a lift. Thanks

• 69 Anonymous
      August 15, 2011 at 9:05 am

Could you copy your post and send as a response to your OFA-MA e-mail group? It is in itself a solid response to the hate mail.

19. 70 sabreen60
    August 15, 2011 at 12:49 am

There have been so many amazing moments in the last three years. For me, this is when I KNEW Candidate Obama was going to be President. This video is still inspiring, but the work the President has done is even more inspiring. But watch the feel good video where 75,000 people to hear candidate Obama speak.

August 15, 2011 at 1:33 am

After watching this video, I just thought of something. Hope it doesn’t sound too silly. When we remember the crowds during the ’08 campaign, it makes one wonder if the same high-pitched intensity will be there in ’12. Not that there won’t be huge crowds that will turn out for now-President Obama. [If he walks down my street, I'm still gonna faint dead away.] More like … well … you know in your personal life when you first meet someone who seems “just right” for you, and fireworks go off? Then when your relationship matures and blossoms and you know you’ve found the right person, it’s more thoughtful, more quiet, more one-on-one, more private, more dedicated. (Told ya it might sound goofy.)

In ’07 and ’08, we had never seen the likes of Barack Obama before. People were hanging off bridges and towers and light posts – not just in our country, but around the world – just to get a glimpse of him and hear his speeches. In ’11 and ’12, we KNOW that our first instincts were true, and what a brilliant and wonderful human being and leader he is – which can’t help but bring a little more calmness into the mix. I’m not making sense, but I hope nobody sees quieter crowds as any less the intensity for getting him re-elected.

• 72 theo67
        August 15, 2011 at 1:45 am

I think thee’s a natural excitement that happens with a Presidential campaign, but even more importantly, many people realize how high the stakes are, and how dangerous the consequences. Sure, there are some people who will look for an emotional high, but there are plenty more who know that the campaign is about more than just excitement or a single personality It’s about their futures and their children’s futures, and what kind of country this really is. And the fact that this country is in safe hands with President Obama. The whole world is depending on Americans realizing these truths.

• August 15, 2011 at 7:54 am

I think its still there. He’ll have new voters, people who didn’t care about politics before, people who are impressed with what he’s done so far. It’s still there but the media is pretending/hoping that its gone.

• 74 ber6964
        August 15, 2011 at 9:14 am

I don’t think we need to worry to much, President Obama draws More people to unsheduled stops than GOP President Candidates Sheduled Campaign Events.
        I also remember how he was received in all the countries he has visited.
        GOPPER’s MISUNDERESTIMATE his Charisma, using a bushism!

• 75 sabreen60
        August 15, 2011 at 11:02 am

My intent when I posted the video was not to imply that we should or should not expect this level of intensity in 2012. My intent was as I said, I KNEW he would be President after I saw the Portland rally. To be quite honest, prior to Portland I had serious doubts about an AA candidate becoming President in the USA. After the turnout in Portland, I knew that millions of white folks wanted the same things I did. An intelligent, level headed, honest and sincere person to lead our country and didn’t care about the color of skin. It was an eye opener for me and inspired me.

• August 15, 2011 at 9:10 am

This video was done by our own DDD from the OFA blog and is so well done.

• 77 Sue in Minnesota
      August 15, 2011 at 11:06 am

This gave me goosebumps….literally. I appreciate the fuel this provides for my spirit. Thanks.

20. 78 Tracy
    August 15, 2011 at 1:05 am

He’s our president and we won’t let the media, corporations, RW & GOP take him down. We will mobilize, organize, and expand the electorate so much that they cannot steal the election. Yes we can, again!

21. 79 mtmarilyn
    August 15, 2011 at 1:18 am

Good evening everyone. I am in Port Angeles, WA visiting family. It has been great being around family who believe like you do. I turned them on to this place. I haven’t had a chance to read everything. But I am looking forward to the President’s bus tour. I will be able to follow on my phone on our way back to MT tomorrow. After hearing all the reports of the debate and what is happening in Iowa, I have no doubts President Obama will win. It won’t be easy and we know we must work hard but we have the best President ever. We are fired up and ready to fight for him and for each one of us.

I too miss BWD, but I know she will be back. We have this wonderful community here that Chips is keeping for all of us and the other sites that are really taking off. We have found our voice and are making it heard. We won’t go quietly anymore.

Thank you everyone here for all the work and information you bring.

22. 80 mtmarilyn
    August 15, 2011 at 1:28 am

Chips, I also want to let you know that still there are some diaries I can’t get into on my droid. It is frustrating not to be able to read or comment from my phone. The Sunday thread I still can’t open. I am on my cousin’s home computer now. I also can’t open this on my phone, but I can open “lego” but not some of the others. Just to let you know.

23. 81 joyce
    August 15, 2011 at 6:41 am

I have the same thing going on with my phone. But I just deal with it for now. I love this site and the family here. May God continue to have His hands on our beloved president.

24. 82 donna dem 4 obama
    August 15, 2011 at 7:58 am

For those who are are taking part in our “We Want to Work~Rep. Congress hear our cry” Campaign. Today we start making noise for jobs:

I have inboxed all who have signed up with helpful information.

A list of Town hall meetings that you may be able to attend this month: http://www.narfe.org/pdf/CongressionalTownHallMeetings.pdf

The Congressional and Senatorial voting records website for your information: http://www.opencongress.org/people/representatives

A helpful video with communicating successfully with your congress person. http://www.congress.org/communicate

Congressional contact website: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

I know a lot of you call your members of congress and you feel that it is at times an exercise in futility. This time around please ask to speak directly with your member of congress. You will be told you cannot for any number of reasons. When you speak with the aide as difficult as this might be please be polite and concise. If possible familiarize yourself with your congress persons voting record. (see the attached coting records link). Take notes and document your conversation. This information will be valuable when we start contacting our local media with our stories and writing editorials to our local newspapers.

This campaign started as just an idea here on this blog and now over 275 people between Facebook and OFA are onboard to Name them and Shame them into doing the right thing for the American public.

President Obama has given us our marching orders. Please share this event with other groups that you visit on the web. We need all hands on deck.

@Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?sk=inbox&action=read&tid=id.247547858599162#!/event.php?eid=232385320136575

@OFA: http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/gpkbw9

Thanks everyone and have a great productive day!!!

• August 15, 2011 at 9:34 am

Donna I read this morning that Boehner will not bring any job creating bills to the floor. Isnt that enough reason to call your Rep. Ive been sending mine Tweets. Wonder if that does any good?

• 84 Sue in Minnesota
        August 15, 2011 at 11:21 am

We could also put pressure on our local medias when they fail to report fully, or in a balanced manner what is actually going on in Washington. John Boehner should have to answer for his refusal to promote and support legislative action with respect to job creation. The Republican party is doing everything within it’s considerable power to interfere with the fuunction of OUR government. Speak up people, in everyway you know how.

I am in the process of reorganizing my routines. I have decided after my cup of coffee, the first thing I will do everyday is attend to my laundry list of government related correspondance. I am organizing my contact list as we speak. I am not currently employed, so I am treating it as my job. That will change down the road….but I have decided this deserves to be a priority in my life, and will give it the time and attention that it requires. Donna thanks for your organizational skills and efforts, we need to attract as many ‘foot soldiers’ as possible.

• 85 tally
          August 15, 2011 at 1:48 pm

THIS!!! I was just getting on to say THIS. Sukey – do you have a link for that about Boehner? Everyone should CALL their local news rooms and TELL THEM about it – then forward/fax them the link – call your newspapers. Email them. Write them.

Think what would happen if EVERYONE DID THAT.

• August 15, 2011 at 11:28 am

Then the American people who is without jobs need to contact Boehner and ask him why is it he won’t bring any job creating bills to the floor. This is the B.S. the President has been having to deal with. It’s all about sabotaging the economy.

• August 15, 2011 at 9:56 am

This is AWESOME, Donna!! Thanks so much.

• 88 mtmarilyn
      August 15, 2011 at 10:17 am

Thank you Donna for starting this. I plan to sign on after I get home.

25. August 15, 2011 at 8:08 am

Average gas price down 9 cents. Guess this is not story you will see in MSM, unless that trend was reversed. Go figure.

• 90 Linda
      August 15, 2011 at 8:51 am

They are always dishonest about gas prices….they always show the highest prices in the country instead of the average prices even when they do talk about them…..The price may be an average of $3.50 but the TV show a station where the price is over $5.00.

26. August 15, 2011 at 8:11 am

Good morning, Chips.

I am with you. My glass is half full. With the crop of opposition candidates, despite the barage of non-stop ragging on this president — whether from the media, the PL or the GOP, President Obama will once again prevail.

The charge for us is to do our part and keep on fighting for him in our respective ways, individually and/or collectively.

Hope today is a brighter day for everyone!!

• 92 Anonymous
      August 15, 2011 at 8:40 am

Absolutely agree.

I just did battle with a talk radio host with cold hard facts which he clearly did not appreciate as I essentially doused his negative talking points.

Don’t know the guy but looked him up on google and he is part of the old black brigade who are so blinded with envy.

I should have guessed as soon as I heard him quoting Cornel West, but boy am I gad I called in and held my ground even as he engaged in childish name-calling.

After I hung up all of the callers after me except 2 guys were all extremely supportive of President Obama and each echoed my sentiments.

Please everyone when and if possible, call to challenge and correct falsehoods but most importantly, to put out all the positive and great things President Obama and this administration have accomplished in 3 short years in site of the obstructionists.

I find that a lot of listeners/supporters are renewed and strengthened by our clear voices of positive support and relevant information in the form of calls from regular people like each of us here.

I encourage everyone to call in to shows whenever possible but do so with calm, grace and armed with facts. We will triumph.

27. 93 ChristiMtl
    August 15, 2011 at 9:03 am

Good morning TOD family,

Another day, another fabricated outrage

Markknoller:
    The GOP is seizing on the “taxpayer-funded” aspect of the bus trip. RNC Chmn Reince Priebus holding news conf about it this morning.

I can’t wait to see President Obama today!

August 15, 2011 at 9:15 am

Thankfully he got some pushback on from those of us Twitter (myself included). The media is quite fearful whenever the President gets to speak directly to the people. The positive reaction that he receives blows all of their Republican talking points as well as their silly manipulated polls out of the water.

• 95 mb32
        August 15, 2011 at 9:53 am

I added my two cents too…I agree that they are really afraid of him talking to the American people…the people respond to him and they know it…wait till the campaigning starts in earnest…that’s why the Repubs and media are trying to “work the refs” so to speak. They are trying to hamstring him on fundraising and campaigning (with that silly weird nonsense) because they know when he gets started, he will be formidable

• 96 Ladyhawke
        August 15, 2011 at 10:45 am

Exactly, when President Obama circumvents the media firewall it makes the MSM and the Republican Party very cranky. Losing control of the narrative they want to present (no matter what the facts are) is their worst nightmare. After all, when the American people have an opportunity to see and hear President Obama UNFILTERED they like what they see. He just makes sense.

Last week many of the jackals in the White House Press Corps were snickering and making snide remarks about the bus tour. If you ask me, they are concerned that the American people will be asking themselves “How come I didn’t know x, y, or z??” after hearing President Obama answer questions at the town halls.

I find it amusing that the Republican Party is complaining about the tax payers paying for the bus tour on the economy. Do they really want to bring attention to the questionable conduct of the previous administration in this area??

==========================================

Just imagine President Obama doing something as underhanded as this. Fainting couch please….

President Obama Kicks Off Economic Bus Tour

Today, President Obama heads to Cannon Falls, Minnesota at the first stop of a three day tour of the Midwest. The President will hear directly from the American people in a town hall on the vital role rural America plays in ensuring the growth of our economy, the affordability of our food, and the independence of our energy supply.

• 97 Sue in Minnesota
          August 15, 2011 at 11:32 am

I absolutely agree the WH press core is resentful of President Obama’s take it to the people approach. If people are going to turn to national news as their source of information they would do well to balance it by visiting Whitehouse.gov to clear up the obsfucation that they have subjected themselves to.

• 98 Sue in Minnesota
      August 15, 2011 at 11:25 am

Then give equal attention to Sarah Palin and her Pac that funds her family vacations and half baked outings.

This is such a disingenuous hissy fit……President Obama travels nearly everyweek, conducting similiar open meetings, factory visists, et al with the public. How is this different? Because the Republicans say so? Bull shit….Priebus go F yourself.

28. August 15, 2011 at 9:13 am

Good morning everyone. I am so looking forward to the President’s bus tour. When he goes to the people, great things happen. I pray for his success and safety.

Please join me in lighting a candle for our President, First Family and the Nation.

August 15, 2011 at 9:22 am

CSPAN will be carrying both townhalls today.

Pres. Obama in Minnesota: Live at 1:05pm (ET) on CSPAN (televised)

Pre. Obama in Decora, Iowa: Live at 6:15pm (ET) on CSPAN.org (Internet)

30. August 15, 2011 at 9:35 am

Good morning, TODville!!

PBO and AF1 have just departed Andrews AFB and he is on his way to the PEOPLE. He is looking good!!

Both of today’s events will be livestreamed.

August 15, 2011 1:05 PM EDT
    President Obama Holds a Town Hall Meeting
    Cannon Falls, Minnesota

August 15, 2011 6:15 PM EDT
    President Obama Holds a Town Hall Meeting
    Decorah, Iowa

Sometimes that connection can be a little glitchy, so here are a couple of other livestreams that will also carry the events:

There’s also probably some local TV stations who will show this.

August 15, 2011 at 9:35 am

Hey guys this is a wonderful Op-Ed by Warren Buffet. It tells the truth in plain language. It’s already blowing up on twitter and his name and the article are trending like mad with everyone retweeting it. This is what President Obama has been saying for a long time. The uber wealthy have to stop bing coddled. Increase the capital gains taxes; investors will NOT leave. They will still invest in the US economy because it’s the best return for their money. Anyway here’s the article. Enjoy.

Op-Ed Contributor
    Stop Coddling the Super-RichBy WARREN E. BUFFETT
    Published: August 14, 2011

OUR leaders have asked for “shared sacrifice.” But when they did the asking, they spared me. I checked with my mega-rich friends to learn what pain they were expecting. They, too, were left untouched.

While the poor and middle class fight for us in Afghanistan, and while most Americans struggle to make ends meet, we mega-rich continue to get our extraordinary tax breaks. Some of us are investment managers who earn billions from our daily labors but are allowed to classify our income as “carried interest,” thereby getting a bargain 15 percent tax rate. Others own stock index futures for 10 minutes and have 60 percent of their gain taxed at 15 percent, as if they’d been long-term investors.

These and other blessings are showered upon us by legislators in Washington who feel compelled to protect us, much as if we were spotted owls or some other endangered species. It’s nice to have friends in high places.

Last year my federal tax bill — the income tax I paid, as well as payroll taxes paid by me and on my behalf — was $6,938,744. That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income — and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent.

If you make money with money, as some of my super-rich friends do, your percentage may be a bit lower than mine. But if you earn money from a job, your percentage will surely exceed mine — most likely by a lot.

To understand why, you need to examine the sources of government revenue. Last year about 80 percent of these revenues came from personal income taxes and payroll taxes. The mega-rich pay income taxes at a rate of 15 percent on most of their earnings but pay practically nothing in payroll taxes. It’s a different story for the middle class: typically, they fall into the 15 percent and 25 percent income tax brackets, and then are hit with heavy payroll taxes to boot.

Back in the 1980s and 1990s, tax rates for the rich were far higher, and my percentage rate was in the middle of the pack. According to a theory I sometimes hear, I should have thrown a fit and refused to invest because of the elevated tax rates on capital gains and dividends.

I didn’t refuse, nor did others. I have worked with investors for 60 years and I have yet to see anyone — not even when capital gains rates were 39.9 percent in 1976-77 — shy away from a sensible investment because of the tax rate on the potential gain. People invest to make money, and potential taxes have never scared them off. And to those who argue that higher rates hurt job creation, I would note that a net of nearly 40 million jobs were added between 1980 and 2000. You know what’s happened since then: lower tax rates and far lower job creation.

Since 1992, the I.R.S. has compiled data from the returns of the 400 Americans reporting the largest income. In 1992, the top 400 had aggregate taxable income of $16.9 billion and paid federal taxes of 29.2 percent on that sum. In 2008, the aggregate income of the highest 400 had soared to $90.9 billion — a staggering $227.4 million on average — but the rate paid had fallen to 21.5 percent.

The taxes I refer to here include only federal income tax, but you can be sure that any payroll tax for the 400 was inconsequential compared to income. In fact, 88 of the 400 in 2008 reported no wages at all, though every one of them reported capital gains. Some of my brethren may shun work but they all like to invest. (I can relate to that.)

I know well many of the mega-rich and, by and large, they are very decent people. They love America and appreciate the opportunity this country has given them. Many have joined the Giving Pledge, promising to give most of their wealth to philanthropy. Most wouldn’t mind being told to pay more in taxes as well, particularly when so many of their fellow citizens are truly suffering.

Twelve members of Congress will soon take on the crucial job of rearranging our country’s finances. They’ve been instructed to devise a plan that reduces the 10-year deficit by at least $1.5 trillion. It’s vital, however, that they achieve far more than that. Americans are rapidly losing faith in the ability of Congress to deal with our country’s fiscal problems. Only action that is immediate, real and very substantial will prevent that doubt from morphing into hopelessness. That feeling can create its own reality.

Job one for the 12 is to pare down some future promises that even a rich America can’t fulfill. Big money must be saved here. The 12 should then turn to the issue of revenues. I would leave rates for 99.7 percent of taxpayers unchanged and continue the current 2-percentage-point reduction in the employee contribution to the payroll tax. This cut helps the poor and the middle class, who need every break they can get.

But for those making more than $1 million — there were 236,883 such households in 2009 — I would raise rates immediately on taxable income in excess of $1 million, including, of course, dividends and capital gains. And for those who make $10 million or more — there were 8,274 in 2009 — I would suggest an additional increase in rate.

My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire-friendly Congress. It’s time for our government to get serious about shared sacrifice.

Warren E. Buffett is the chairman and chief executive of Berkshire Hathaway.

• August 15, 2011 at 10:58 am

Thank you Mr. Buffet. If only we were dealing with sensible people on the other side. They have sign their pledge and even the good Lord himself couldn’t get them to change that pledge.

32. August 15, 2011 at 9:39 am

I read this earlier today. Thank you, sir. Wonder how much we’ll hear this covered on the “libural media”? I’m going to say right now….crickets, crickets, crickets…………..

33. August 15, 2011 at 9:43 am

Check out the Political Animal Cartoon of the Day Rick Perry– it’s right on

34. 112 collegekay
    August 15, 2011 at 9:46 am

Is our man already on his way to Minnesota? I pray for a safe and fruitful trip.

• August 15, 2011 at 9:59 am

Yes, I just saw AF1 take off a few minutes ago! And you know what? He has that spring in his step. One can only imagine how happy he is to get outside of the DC echo chamber. This is going to be a GREAT day.

35. August 15, 2011 at 9:51 am

I am currently watching CBS local news out of San Francisco, they have a piece on Warren Buffett and his comments.

August 15, 2011 at 9:55 am

Good article about by Paul Krugman and the myth of Rick Perry as a “job creator.” http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/opinion/the-texas-unmiracle.html?ref=opinion

The Texas Unmiracle By PAUL KRUGMAN
    Published: August 14, 2011

As expected, Rick Perry, the governor of Texas, has announced that he is running for president. And we already know what his campaign will be about: faith in miracles. Some of these miracles will involve things that you’re liable to read in the Bible. But if he wins the Republican nomination, his campaign will probably center on a more secular theme: the alleged economic miracle in Texas, which, it’s often asserted, sailed through the Great Recession almost unscathed thanks to conservative economic policies. And Mr. Perry will claim that he can restore prosperity to America by applying the same policies at a national level.

So what you need to know is that the Texas miracle is a myth, and more broadly that Texan experience offers no useful lessons on how to restore national full employment.

It’s true that Texas entered recession a bit later than the rest of America, mainly because the state’s still energy-heavy economy was buoyed by high oil prices through the first half of 2008. Also, Texas was spared the worst of the housing crisis, partly because it turns out to have surprisingly strict regulation of mortgage lending.

Despite all that, however, from mid-2008 onward unemployment soared in Texas, just as it did almost everywhere else.

In June 2011, the Texas unemployment rate was 8.2 percent. That was less than unemployment in collapsed-bubble states like California and Florida, but it was slightly higher than the unemployment rate in New York, and significantly higher than the rate in Massachusetts. By the way, one in four Texans lacks health insurance, the highest proportion in the nation, thanks largely to the state’s small-government approach. Meanwhile, Massachusetts has near-universal coverage thanks to health reform very similar to the “job-killing” Affordable Care Act.

So where does the notion of a Texas miracle come from? Mainly from widespread misunderstanding of the economic effects of population growth.

For this much is true about Texas: It has, for many decades, had much faster population growth than the rest of America — about twice as fast since 1990. Several factors underlie this rapid population growth: a high birth rate, immigration from Mexico, and inward migration of Americans from other states, who are attracted to Texas by its warm weather and low cost of living, low housing costs in particular.

And just to be clear, there’s nothing wrong with a low cost of living. In particular, there’s a good case to be made that zoning policies in many states unnecessarily restrict the supply of housing, and that this is one area where Texas does in fact do something right.

But what does population growth have to do with job growth? Well, the high rate of population growth translates into above-average job growth through a couple of channels. Many of the people moving to Texas — retirees in search of warm winters, middle-class Mexicans in search of a safer life — bring purchasing power that leads to greater local employment. At the same time, the rapid growth in the Texas work force keeps wages low — almost 10 percent of Texan workers earn the minimum wage or less, well above the national average — and these low wages give corporations an incentive to move production to the Lone Star State.

So Texas tends, in good years and bad, to have higher job growth than the rest of America. But it needs lots of new jobs just to keep up with its rising population — and as those unemployment comparisons show, recent employment growth has fallen well short of what’s needed.

If this picture doesn’t look very much like the glowing portrait Texas boosters like to paint, there’s a reason: the glowing portrait is false.

Still, does Texas job growth point the way to faster job growth in the nation as a whole? No.

What Texas shows is that a state offering cheap labor and, less important, weak regulation can attract jobs from other states. I believe that the appropriate response to this insight is “Well, duh.” The point is that arguing from this experience that depressing wages and dismantling regulation in America as a whole would create more jobs — which is, whatever Mr. Perry may say, what Perrynomics amounts to in practice — involves a fallacy of composition: every state can’t lure jobs away from every other state.

In fact, at a national level lower wages would almost certainly lead to fewer jobs — because they would leave working Americans even less able to cope with the overhang of debt left behind by the housing bubble, an overhang that is at the heart of our economic problem.

So when Mr. Perry presents himself as the candidate who knows how to create jobs, don’t believe him. His prescriptions for job creation would work about as well in practice as his prayer-based attempt to end Texas’s crippling drought.

August 15, 2011 at 10:09 am

Wow. That Warren Buffet Op-Ed Piece is going majorly viral on twitter. Pretty much everyone has been tweeting about it. Reporters and progressive journalists/activists alike. It’s delightfully nuts. People are tweeting it to Boehner, Cantor, the RNC, anyone connected to the GOP, conservative media. It’s wonderful. I love waking up to wonderful use of technology and news like this. :)

August 15, 2011 at 10:59 am

You’re right UT.

And interestingly (but not surprisingly), the Warren Buffet Op-Ed is being disingenuously spun on Old Orange by that concern troll Bobswern into another tiresome Obama-bashing diary. Bobswern presents the op-ed as if Buffet is admonishing the President along with congress. Yet the President’s words have been in 100% consonsance with Buffet’s Op-ED, and Buffet is simply echoing the President’s thoughts and actual utterances. There is NOTHING in Buffet’s oped to suggest that he is in contradiction with what the President has said or done. The oped was written as a warning to congress, and not the President. Yet these disgusting, dishonest slime on DKOS, like their Teabagger friends on the fringe right have found a way to spin an article calling out congressional Republicans into an Obama hatefest opportunity.

Not a single comment calling out the RNC, Boehner, or Cantor in that dishonest diary. This site is nothing but a PUMA/ Libertarian Obama-hating cesspool. And it’s irrelevancy is growing by the minute.

August 15, 2011 at 11:12 am

oops typo: I meant “its irrelevancy” not “it’s irrelevancy.”

• 119 utaustinliberal
        August 15, 2011 at 11:18 am

Thanks for this info hopefruit2 and for venturing into that cesspool. My goodness. Nothing is ever good enough for these emoprogressives. Their hate and I mean absolute HATE for President Obama is sickening. President Obama has been the one from day one pointing out that the rich need to pay their fair share. He’s been the one saying that the tax rate has got to be raised for the rich. He’s been the one saying that capital gains taxes on the rich have to be increased because they’re basically paying nothing. Investors will always invest in the US economy because it is and always will be the best place for ones returns. For those hateful jerks on DKOS to spin this article as Buffet castigating or admonishing President Obama is the height of disingenuousness. Buffet from day one has supported and walked hand in hand with President Obama. He has supported President Obama’s policies and has castigated the republicans in congress for obstructing the economic progress of the country. Honestly, 99% of the time it is incredibly hard to differentiate Teabaggers from Emoprogressives. For example, President Obama requested a paltry $80 million from Congress to close the domestic and international eyesore that is Gitmo. A lot of republicans as well as democrats voted against closure. Bernie Sanders; hero of the emoprogs also voted against closure but no one castigated or spun hateful vitriol his way. Instead they railed against President Obama for his supposed “failures” and kept on hailing Bernie as the hero of the progressive agenda. If they would pull the timber from their eyes, they would realize how grossly unkind, unfair, and unjust they have been to this President who has more than any other president done more to advance the progressive agenda.

• 120 tally
          August 15, 2011 at 2:21 pm

UT – do you, or anyone, have a link to the GITMO vote? I’d love to shove that up a few people’s assess.

• 121 askew
        August 15, 2011 at 11:31 am

There is no point in engaging there any longer outside of the elections subsite which is strongly moderated against any policy talk. The rest of the site is a cesspool and it’s traffic is way down.

I expect traffic will go up in August due to the WI recalls, but it will fall after that as more people are using twitter and blogs like this instead of DK for politic news.

As for bobswern, that fool has been wrong for years but he keeps getting his diaries reclisted.

August 15, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Thanks askew for showing the traffic stats. I don’t even post there anymore – as you said, there’s no point engaging these fools.

• 123 ChristiMtl
        August 15, 2011 at 11:51 am

The only times I check that awful site DK now is when I see a link on twitter or something.
        Every time, no fail, there’s a diary from that obsessive Bobswern bashing the President, that’s all he does.
        I took a few minutes to check the diaries and read some comments. Oh wow, Redstate is moderate compare to that.
        They have no idea how gvt works, they’re clueless and HATEFUL. They want the left version of Bush…on steroids.

From what I can see, their tactic is not to vote in 2012, or vote 3rd party to burn the house down, so they can rebuild in 2016 after 4 years of far-right extremism.

Strategic defeat is the new theme.

What these ignorant hateful idiots don’t understand is that there won’t be nothing to build after. So it means another extremist on the Supreme Court or two and all the chaos and damage far right policies will do. What about starting a war with Iran? They only have nuclear weapons.

They are the left tea-party, period. As ignorant of how gvt work as hateful of the President.

To think that the pretend left leaning MSNBC only have ”disappointed” progressives like Rendell, Reich, Walsh etc.on for ”analysis” with their constant bashing of the President. They feed that hysteria constantly.

38. 124 rikyrah
    August 15, 2011 at 10:36 am

I don’t tweet, but for those of you who do, can you tweet the following to journalists and ask why they don’t bring these things up with Governor Good Hair?

simple questions that require a yes or no answer from Governor Good Hair that a thinking journalist needs to ask.

1. is Medicare constitutional
    2. is Social Security constitutional
    3. were the Civil Rights AND Voting Rights Acts constitutional
    4. Cameron Todd Willingham
    5. Why should America choose as its President someone who was talking SECESSION

39. 126 dotster
    August 15, 2011 at 10:48 am

This site has been real goofy for me lately—–now it’s reduced to a little tiny screen on left hand side of page. Have also had trouble accessing certain posts etc., Screen jumping around….Teeny tiny print. Only website that’s goofy for me so not a general prob.

40. August 15, 2011 at 11:10 am

Oooh Baby!!! Guaranteed to put a smile on my face! :lol: :lol: Thanks, Chipsticks, this is a great way to start my day. :lol: This extra smile is in acknowledgement of your humour. I can tell you’ve been working hard, so I’ll just express a reminder to take good care of yourself while adding a little ‘Merci beaucoup!’

41. August 15, 2011 at 11:14 am

I just saw this in my email.. I don’t know how I missed it.. but its wonderful. And like you Chips, I never worry about polls or our opponents- none of it can equate to the awesomeness of the Obama~Biden team- they do indeed have this.. and whats more – they have US- far far more of us than the polls or the media ever take note of. They will continue to try to diminish our President, our committment, our numbers and our knowledge- they couldn’t win at that game in 2008 and they won’t accomplish it in 2012. I’m so up for this battle :)

42. 134 nospin
    August 15, 2011 at 11:56 am

Chips – love your attitude. You are like a balm that soothes. Whether you choose a picture, a turn of phrase, or video you cut through any churn and calm the seas.

Awesome gift and you are right. Polls be danged. PO and VP Biden has got this. Our job is to make sure we push the facts.

• August 15, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Good Morning Chips and my TOD family. Happy to hear that Chips put it all in perpective for all of us. We know who has been there for us. We know who will be there for us. We know will take us where we are trying to go. We know who will keep out backs, and we know who really has the best interest for our young people and old alike rigiht close to his heart and mine, President Barack Obama. Now that is a pretty good “knowing factor” in our lives. Let’s get going and do what we must. I want to ask one little prayer, I need to go to my cardiologist this moring(infact appt. @ 1030 Cali. time), and I feel so bad right now, so will you all please say a prayer for me and send some good thoughts out for my strength. I really need to see him today, but I am so weak and feel so sick to my stomach. Please keep me in your pryers I love you all so much.HZ

• August 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Hiya HZ, will be thinking of you today, I hope everything goes well with the cardiologist and that you’re put on the road to feeling well again.Take care of yourself HZ, let us know how you get on.

• August 15, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Hi Chips. Thanks so much. You are the best, Chips. I love every moment you take such great care for all of us. You all make me cry with joy, because I really do feel that I belong to a very loving and caring family. I am better. I saw my wonderful cardiologist and my blood work was fine. He was so tender(passing the kleenex) but my heart is okay. My numbers were fine. He wants me to see my primary doctor about my nerves. Will be making an appointment this week. I am home resting. Thanks so much. I am fine. I had to go to the bank, and I had on my 2012 button, and oh, my goodness, did I stir up the bank. The teller almost lost her cool. But I smiled and said Yes We Will. Smiles back. Wearing that button. Plus, I looked pretty good in my flowing outfit. Sick or not sick, I will do what is right and fight for what we need to fight for. Iwill take good care. I just needed to reach out this morning. I love you all. You know that I am in and you can count on me. Love you all so much. Please take good care of yourself, Chips. Thanks for everything. HZ

• 138 tally
            August 15, 2011 at 7:51 pm

YAY!!!!

I want to hear more about the Bank teller.

Are you in OC???

• August 15, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Hi Tally. I am 30 miles east of Pasadena. (I love Pasadena so much wish I had bought there, but it was above my budget when I purchased. But I do to old town and the many great concerts at Cal Tech .). Oh , Tally, this Bank teller was trying to complete my transaction, and she was so destracted because she was looking at my 2012 BarackObama.com button. I was just smiling , and she kept looking, so I said”Yes We Will.” She smiled and looked away. I walked very slowly as I was departing the bank. I was looking pretty good, so I was already getting looks, but I hestated even more(bad lady) But I have decided to wear it wherever I go. My cardiologist knows where I stand, and the people in the waiting room looked and smiles. I am wearing it all of the time. I just reveived them a week ago. I am going to oder some more. Next time, I am gong to put some in my purse, and according to the coversations(I will be polite) I will give the person(s) one or two. I got to do what a girl has to do. They are gong to run(do not count on it) me out of this county. I will not go quietly. Love you all so much, and Tally, we need to go and watch our man, LO. I hope is is on today and not acting up. I am not in the mood for his foolishness. Love you back , and thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. HZ

• 144 nospin
        August 15, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Will do HZ. Be well.

• August 15, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Thanks so much nonspin. Please read my reply to Chips above. I love you all so much. Thanks for your thoughts for me this morning. I will rest and be fine. Love you all back so much, HZ

43. August 15, 2011 at 1:14 pm

HZ,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

• August 15, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Oh, thanks so much Jackie 4 Obama. Please look at my comments to Chips above. You all are so beautiful. I just needed to reach out this morning because I was feeling so sick. But grace carried me all the way. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. I am resting and reading the comments. Love you all so very much,
      HZ

44. August 15, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Don’t even be concerned about the President and Warren Buffet. They both can speak very clearly for themselves. Warren Buffet meets with the President many times They are in touch on many issues. Look at the photos of the two in the OVal . I like it when I see them together. Remember, anyone and anything associated with the President, the negatives will feast on it. We do not have time to waste on them. We are going to be fine. HZ

45. August 15, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Oh, and Chipsticks knows how to focus our attention on the positive and I love the manner in which she started our morning with these. I just love the baby crying one. Thanks so much Chips. This one will be one of my relaxing one along with my yoga exercise that my brother told me to pull out and try each morning and evening. So thanks Chips again for your loving care on this wonderful haven of ours. I love you for your positive spirit. Love you all back so much.HZ