Aug

“i’m from bank of america and we’ll help you out”

Business Insider: After all the speculation that Rick Perry’s threats against Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke would hurt his relationship with Wall Street, at least one banker is pledging his company’s support.

WGIR New Hampshire Radio’s Paul Westcott captures this clip of an unknown individual telling the Texas governor at a “Politics & Eggs” event in New Hampshire: “I’m from Bank of America and we’ll help you out.”

UPDATE: ZeroHedge identifies the Bank of America official as James Mahoney the Director of Public Policy for the bank. Mahoney is a member of the board of directors of The New England Council, one of the events sponsors.

It’s worth noting again that Perry threatened Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, and said any attempt by the Fed to print more money would be “almost…treasonous.”

UPDATE 2: Mahoney is not registered as a lobbyist, and a BofA spokesman tells POLITICO he works on policy …. Spokesman Lawrence Di Rita: “Bank of America does not endorse Presidential candidates. The reference was about following up on the substance of the speech about job creation and economic growth. Discussing policy issues that affect our company and our customers is something we do with policymakers of both parties routinely at the local, state, and Federal levels.”

ZeroHedge: Should we be surprised, frightened, disgusted or simply say “we knew it” …. At least we know now who is funding what, and whose interests potential future president Perry will be paid to defend.

149 Responses to ““i’m from bank of america and we’ll help you out””

1. 1 P
    August 19, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Wow!!!!! Great info Fred! May I ask…are there professional reporters on this site?? It’s amazing the “media” doesn’t pick up on these things but you guys do. Great work TODers!!! :D Always first and spot on with all the breaking news on PBO’s opponents. Around of applause…

• 2 Fred
      August 19, 2011 at 5:50 pm

anything for the President

• 4 dotster
      August 19, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Reporters don’t report any more. Even when they are aware of this “caught on camera” moment, they look the other way and remain mum. They want a dogfight in the presidential election. Anything that interferes with that goal, anything which would be positive for Obama, boost his chances, is ignored. I used to think this one or that one was “on our side”, but no more. None of them seem to have any deeply held beliefs and none have integrity, nothing visible or concrete anyway. They’re all just happy to be there, no matter whom, no matter what. They’re just playing games with the future of this country.

• 5 EDP4BHO
        August 19, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Dotster, I concur 100 % with your statements. The media is evil in my book, and I don’t feel the need to sugarcoat their tactics. This is the epitome of rude that has taken over society in the last decade or so. Even during the campaigns of the 70′s through 90′s we could get a sense of what each party stood for and was doing. Ever since those cable shows began, this slanted form of tv so-called journalism took hold and now people accept it to be real reporting. People seem to want this gotcha, exploitative style of political punditry, so much so that I wonder how many Americans truly care about America, and not just their own narrow-focused concerns. How many people are truly patriotic?

• 6 dotster
        August 19, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Well, I have to take back what I said above. Melissa Harris Perry opened her LOD sub hosting duties tonight with the “We’ll help you out” vid. I bet I’ll be waiting a long time to see it as the lead story on any network evening newscast. But good for Melissa “not related” Perry.

• 7 Cha
          August 19, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Wow! That’s good news, though..it isn’t completely buried. We could try to make viral on the net.

I’m trying to remember something about Bank of America not having the best reputation?

August 19, 2011 at 5:55 pm

“I’m from Bank of America and we’ll help you out.” The nerve of him. Imagine if that was the same BoA “policy” advisor repeating those words to President Obama. Just imagine the shit that would hit the roof. The GOP would pounce on it, the media would cover it 24/7 and the teaparty would be calling for impeachment. But when it’s a guy from the GOP…………crickets. Hypocrisy, thy name is the GOP and the MSM.

• 9 Doris
      August 19, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Did you notice the sneaky covert manner in which the BOA rep delivered this line and kept on walking. Shameless pigs.

• 10 dotster
      August 19, 2011 at 6:06 pm

It would be on a coninuous loop a la Reverend Wright.

August 19, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I’d like to see some organization like MoveOn urge Democrats who have business with Bank of America to change to another lending institution by the end of the month. See how much business B of A loses, for letting this Mahoney guy loose at Perry’s party. And for allowing all of us to get agita by what he said. I’m gonna start charging all these R candidates, for all of the Pepto Bismol I’m going to be needing.

• 12 EDP4BHO
      August 19, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Isn’t this just sweet, after today announcing it was laying off another 3500 workers. They’ve already laid off 2500, and they say they are much healthier as a result.

• 13 conlakappa
        August 20, 2011 at 10:22 am

Um, maybe they’re hoping that Gov. Hairdo will help them and replicated “The Texas Miracle?” /cheesy grin

3. 14 askew
    August 19, 2011 at 6:04 pm

So, can someone talk me down here – Defense Secretary Panetta says that Iraq has agreed to negotiate US staying in Iraq past Dec of 2011. Why the f* would we be trying to get Iraq to let us stay past 2011? If Obama agrees to this, it would a huge blow to Dems chances in 2012. It would be a huge promise broken. I can’t see any reason why this is even an option. WTF?

• August 19, 2011 at 6:13 pm

It will be the usual bases there for ever to protect the US interests. President Obama will say they’re not combat troops and they’re not on the front lines, but on a base like any other US base around the world. If he really wanted to get too smart by half, the US base would be US “soil” like embassies are – so Americans wouldn’t be in Iraq, but on American jurisdiction in Iraq. I don’t know why it would be a blow really, because it will be 99% of the same folks crowing who have already taken their vote away a half dozen times so far.

Did we really think America was going to spend a trillion dollars in Iraq to liberate it and then leave completely? There is a bill to be paid, and Iraq “allows” the US to stay to keep Iran in check and have greater influence in the region while protecting the oil. If Iraq is attacked by Iran – it would be seen as an act of war against the US as well of course. Neat trick.

This is a CFR decision.

• 16 Sue in Minnesota
        August 19, 2011 at 6:22 pm

StR….please explain CFR, not familiar with that acronym..thanks

• 20 askew
        August 19, 2011 at 6:36 pm

If all troops don’t leave Iraq, it’s a huge promise broken by Obama. And all troops out of Iraq was one of three huge promises kept that actually took place during his first term – DADT repeal, ending Iraq War and killing Osama. With only 48% of Dems excited to vote for Dems in 2012, losing one of the few big items on Obama’s list of accomplishments that doesn’t have an asterisk next to it is going to be a blow. A big blow. We shouldn’t hide our heads in the sand about that.

• August 19, 2011 at 6:52 pm

This decision was made before President Obama ever took office. If he pulled out the troops it would guarantee he was a one term President.

I’m not hiding my head in the sand about anything. Iraq will officially ask the US to stay – that will be sold as making all the difference in the world.

• 22 utaustinliberal
          August 19, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Askew, there are always residual troops left behind in many foreign countries. It’s the way it’s always been done. They are left behind to protect U.S. interests, so he wouldn’t be breaking ANY promises. If fickle democrats want to complain and whine about nonsense supposed optics when this is the staus quo, and use that not to vote for President Obama, then by all means let them go ahead. 2010 obviously wasn’t as bitter an exprience for them as we thought it was. Let them go ahead and scream “He broke his promises!” and say hello to President Romney Bachmann Perry.

• 23 Sue in Minnesota
            August 19, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Thanks Ut and StR….I wish people would leave absolutes behind, and step squarely into reality. Life is fluid.

• 24 nintendowii10
          August 19, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Askew, quit echoing the emoprog talking points about President Obama breaking his promises. Have you forgotten how President Bush said we needed to stay the course?

President Obama has brought more troops home from Iraq than President Bush EVER did, that is a fact!!!

• August 19, 2011 at 9:03 pm

askew, I would not like the fact that U.S. troops would be left in Iraq, but if what they have witness in the Tea Republicans do not encourage the Democratic voters to want to get out to vote, what will? As I said no I would not like any troops being lefted in Iraq,but askew, I would not like a President Bachmann,Perry, Romney. I also would not like to see Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security destroy. And all the other programs which these crazy Tea Republicans would do away with. I can not believe that Democrats are dragging their feet about coming out to vote for President Obama in 2012, after witnessing what just happen with the debt ceiling crisis, after knowing that the Tea Republicans are sabotaging this economy, they are doing nothing about jobs. It’s all about trying to stop President Obama. So we see, what the Tea Republicans having been doing, we see that they are only to willing to bring this country down, we see that they only care for the rich, we see that they want to destroy Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and we Democrats are dragging their feets about voting. I don’t get it. I am ready to vote today for President Obama. I’m sick of Democrats complaining all the time, My head is not in the sand, I just realize that if those dam radical racists terrorists Tea Republicans get their way, we would be a hell of alot, lot, lot, lot worse off.

• 28 nathkatun7
      August 19, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Before we go completely hair on fire, why not wait to see what the President announces? I do not trust the veracity of the source you linked to. I wouldn’t be surprised if this story turns out to be another manufactured outrage to further undermine the President.

August 20, 2011 at 12:43 am

Pentagon said it will honor the pledge that PBO made to withdraw troops from Iraq….read it over at PoliticalCarnival

4. August 19, 2011 at 6:05 pm

So the explanation was “The reference was about following up on the substance of the speech about job creation and economic growth”. Huh. How will BOA help out President Perry? Freeing up lending so small businesses and folks who want it can get it again to help jump start the economy. Banks are currently keeping lending locked down, and it is well known they’ll go all in for the Republican candidate because they feel President Obama over-regulated them and want it undone. I don’t think it’s much of a leap at all to assume they’ve all locked down credit in order to starve out the economy.

This is what we’re up against.

5. 32 askew
    August 19, 2011 at 6:06 pm

And now this news – Americans to stay in Afghanistan until 2024? – http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/8712701/US-troops-may-stay-in-Afghanistan-until-2024.html

Yeah, if Obama agrees to either of these moronic items after complaining making that debt deal, I am done. The wars are costing us a fortune and are doing nothing to make us safer and resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths.

• 33 Doris
      August 19, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I think I’ll wait to see what President Obama says about this. I don’t think that’s his plan.

August 19, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I will, too, Doris. I’ve tried to make that my modus operandi since health care reform.

• 35 utaustinliberal
          August 19, 2011 at 6:31 pm

First of all askew, it’s the telegraph. Second of all, any story that says we’re going to be in Afghanistan until 2024 is flat out stupid and filled with lies. How can you believe that this is President Obama’s line of thinking? Haven’t you followed his governing and his policy on our wars? If this doesn’t come from President Obama’s mouth then please don’t be gullible enough to believe such arrant nonsense. Sure we’re staying in until 2024. And I’m the freaking Queen of England. Of anyone in the world, President Obama would be the one to know the real financial cost of the Afghanistan war and for you to say that you’re done with him after a feckless newspaper article, says a lot about the supposed 100% support you have for him. I mean c’mon 2024? 2024? 2024? Does that sound like anything President Obama has ever propsed? Jeez.

• 36 askew
            August 19, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Maybe you could dial it back a bit, huh? I never said I was done with him because of a newspaper article. I said I would be done with him if he changed course and kept us in Afghan until 2024 and didn’t pull all the troops out of Iraq by the end of 2011 after agreeing to huge cuts in discretionary spending. Those would be two major promises broken and I am a huge Obama supporter because he hasn’t broken major promises. However, my support is not unconditional nor are my expectations of Obama unreasonable. I expect him to keep the promises that he can deliver on without Congress – that includes ending the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Obama has changed gears more than once on Afghanistan and he has extended the troops there much longer than reasonable already so it is not far-fetched to think that they are considering staying until 2024 especially considering that we may be staying in Iraq as well now. And sorry for not being up-to-date on the reputations of every newspaper in the world.

• August 19, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Wars will be ended. A troop presence on a permanent base, at the invitation of the country in question is not being at war.

• 38 utaustinliberal
              August 19, 2011 at 7:06 pm

First of all the newspaper you linked to says the U.S. and Afghan negotiators are going to sign a pact. Are you freaking kidding me? A pact for us to stay until 2024? That’s such utter ridiculousness. The fact they printed that and anyone believed that is just plain ridiculous. He has kept his promises. OBL? Gone. DADT? repealed. When he campaigned he ALWAYS said that Afghanistan was the necessary war and if he had to, he would ramp up the number of troops; because he felt that the Iraq surge had worked. So he NEVER EVER changed course on Afghanistan. That was just some PL firebagger nonsense being spread around on the blogosphere. The drawdown date for Afghanistan has pretty much been 2014 and not some mythical 2024 number. As for the huge cuts in discretionary spending per the debt deal, those weren’t draconian cuts and many of them are backloaded. Let me repeat it: MANY OF THEM ARE BACKLOADED. He saved Pell Grants; he actually increased funding for Pell Grants, he saved Medicare; and only put the “burden” on the provider side, he saved Medicaid, he saved Social Security from being put on the chopping block. He saved a lot of programs. So, once again: NO PROMISES BROKEN. If you haven’t heard 2024 (my goodness that’s such a ridiculous number) from the horse’s mouth; then it’s pretty much LIES.

• 39 Uche
                August 19, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Well said UT…..we all need to realize that our overall strategic interests in that region – viz-a-viz the skewing of the power structure towards Iran because of a falsely-premised and dumb war – must be protected. These kinds of decisions are not made by just gut feeling. Long term foreign policy/military decisions have to be made pragmatically to maintain our global sphere of influence,but without being percieved as occupiers.
                On the alleged 2024 Afghan pullout date – that’s a bunch of complete BS!. Until I hear the C-in-C himself say that,it will remain what it is…piece of garbage from a UK newspaper!.

• 40 Sue in Minnesota
              August 19, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Who would support if you felt betrayed by President Obama? You are very passionate about your positions on the wars, I understand that, is that a line in the sand for you? Just trying to understand.

• August 19, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Ron Paul is the only candidate who campaigns on wanting to close all permanent foreign soil bases.

• 42 Sue in Minnesota
                August 19, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Just to be clear, I fully support President Obama, I try not to hold expectations,,,,,I trust his character, his intellect, his judgement and his leadership. The only person I have expectations of is myself, because even on my best days I am not always fully in my own command.

I don’t see a reasonable alternative to President Obama, and I will not consider not voting an option.

Thanks everyone for expanding this discussion….I don’t see any legitimate reason to light my hair on fire over this.

• 44 prettyfoot58
              August 19, 2011 at 7:29 pm

alot of the the debt deal spending cuts was based on powering down the war in Iraq and Afghanistan….

unconditional support…now that is an interesting term….what does it mean exactly…i support President Obama because i believe in him and in his mission…i believe that loves this country and its people….i believe that he will do all that he can to raise up this nation and its people to true greatness….that is the kind of man that i believe him to be,,,

yes…he has my unconditional support…..

Yes WE CAN…do it again

• 45 EDP4BHO
              August 19, 2011 at 7:59 pm

“Obama has changed gears more than once on Afghanistan and he has extended the troops there much longer than reasonable already so it is not far-fetched to think that they are considering staying until 2024 especially considering that we may be staying in Iraq as well now”

Can we atleast understand that wars are complicated, and time frames are meant to be flexible depending on conditions on the ground. This should not be difficult to understand. Analogies abound for decisions such as you assume are true. Life is complicated. People are complicated. Promises can be kept, but may have to be tweaked a bit to achieve desired outcomes.

• August 20, 2011 at 2:30 am

ASKEW, YOU WERE RANTING LIKE THIS A COUPLE WEEKS AGO ON BWD. PLEASE STOP THE KNEE-JERK REACTION AND I ASK YOU TO CALL HIM PRESIDENT OBAMA.
              IF YOU WANT TO DROP YOUR SUPPORT, GO ON AND SUPPORT PERRY OR ROMNEY OR THE DODO SISTERS; I’M SURE THEY HAVE GREAT IDEAS ON TROOP LEVELS IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES.
              SORRY TO BE HARSH, BUT YOU SEEM TO REVEL IN NEGATIVITY SANS ACTUAL SUBSTANCE.

• 48 LunarSea
            August 19, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Thanks you UT, Doris, Jacqueline & StR

• 49 Doris
          August 19, 2011 at 6:32 pm

LOL, I don’t trust international speculators on the President’s foreign policy plans.

• August 19, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Then look at a map of the middle east and see how much of a strategic advantage there is with permanent bases in Afghanistan. With Iraq and Afghanistan they have Iran surrounded*. With Afghanistan and India, they have Pakistan surrounded* or at least sandwiched in.

*Assumes Navy presence in the Arabian Sea

• 52 askew
        August 19, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Making this agreement is bad politics a year before re-election when Obama can’t run on Domestic policy due to the bad economy. He is going to need to run on foreign policy and extending two wars for “strategic” reasons isn’t going to get Dems out to the polls.

• August 19, 2011 at 7:02 pm

He’ll leave beween 5-10K troops in Iraq at the request/invitation of the PM of Iraq. They’ll be on perminent bases and not taking part in any patrolling or raids any more than what Americans do in bases in Korea for example. If this is a deal breaker for you, you might as well look elsewhere now, because it’s a lock to happen.

Look at the CFR members – Biden, H. Clinton, Chris Dodd, John Kerry – that’s the 2008 Dem Primary. Wait who’s missing?

Biden VP, Clinton Sec. State. Gates is also a CFR member- kept on as SecDef, as is Petraus. Kerry will be next Sec. of State…

• 54 Sue in Minnesota
          August 19, 2011 at 7:23 pm

My impession is that President Obama puts governing first, and then manages the politics. I personally agree with that approach. Hopefully you can take a step back and wait for clearer more definitive information, and also consider what is being discussed here with reference to military presence post war.

• 55 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
      August 19, 2011 at 6:40 pm

askew looks like your PUMA remarks have transfered from TOAITR to TOD. Please stop!! Why don’t you wait until we hear from the President’s mouth. This is probably misinformation to further deteriorate his support. You fall for this CRAP all the time!! :???: You kept us entertained many a time over on BWD’s blog. Take some Lithium or something to calm down. :wink: That being said we need you sound mind and determine to defeat the enemy. KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!

• 56 askew
        August 19, 2011 at 6:45 pm

You bullied me on BWD’s site. I am not going to put up with it here. Don’t call me names and don’t attack my motives because I am concerned about news articles. I don’t need to be lectured to and I don’t fall for this crap all the time. I’ve posted maybe a total of 10 negative comments at this site and BWD’s since they began. And excuse me for being concerned about getting our troops home safely and ending two unnecessary wars.

• August 19, 2011 at 7:09 pm

What about ending the Korean War? 28,000 perminent troops still in S. Korea.

WWII – 33,000 perminent troops in Japan, 57,000 in Germany, 10,000 in Italy

Does that mean those wars are still being fought? Are those troops in battlefield danger?

• 58 utaustinliberal
            August 19, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Exactly Str. You’re 100% correct. We ALWAYS leave residual troops behind to protect U.S. interests. A war doesn’t have to be ongoing for them to be there. This nonsense about President Obama “breaking supposed mythical promises” is just what it is; NONSENSE.

August 19, 2011 at 7:37 pm

That’s a good point, StR. And notice that this article came out while the President is on vacation. It’s nothing but another propaganda piece designed to generate ratings for the MSM and PL blogsites because the vacation meme is fizzling out FAST!! I also believe it’s a distraction to keep Democrats upset at and distrustful of the President because the GOP candidates are increasingly ridiculous and weak.

• 60 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
              August 19, 2011 at 9:21 pm

This is exactly what I was trying to relay to askew. PROPOGANDA at its best. Just like the safety net social programs like SS, Medicaid, and Medicare. Progressives thought the President was working on ending them. When these suspect articles or announcements appear in the MSM either on the net or tv we must be leary of their authenticity till it is varified by the proper authorities. With the type of political climate we are dealing with I refuse to get sucked into inuendo and rumors. Obama/Biden 2012!!

• August 19, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Fauxgressives who are kept in the dark and fed manure. A culture that was actually a weird phenomenon to me until I realized it was just another money making scam and WC Fields, “There’s a Sucker Born Every Minute” cqme to mind.

• 63 DTTM
          August 19, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Express yourself, and don’t back down. But also allow rational truth-telling to influence your thinking.

Blind allegiance to any leader is utterly useless, but when your legitimate concerns are met by facts rather than the blind allegiance crowd, consider the real facts and go from there. Works for me, and I hope for you.

August 19, 2011 at 7:43 pm

DTTM, would you mind explaining a bit further who you are referring to by the “blind allegiance crowd?”

Thanks!

• 65 Chi
              August 20, 2011 at 3:04 am

I’d be curious to learn a bit more about that phrase too Hopefruit2…

Evidently the watering down/disruption of pro-President Obama blogs continue in earnest…

• 66 Chi
          August 20, 2011 at 2:56 am

No one is bullying you Askew…

And 10 negative comments are 10 too many for most of us who come here to get away from the insanity and contrived outrage…

Expressing concern for a news article is entirely different from the nstant negative conclusions, declarations and threats that accompany your comments…

It is also the obvious casting of aspersions on President Obama’s character in a manner that contrary to your protestations, suggest a stance dismissive of his word and keeping his promises to the best of his ability…

Ending wars, no matter why or how it was started, is not like turning off a tap…

It takes sensible and strategic planning especially when much stuff has been awakened by a war that should never have been…

By the way, it is *President* Obama…

• 67 conlakappa
            August 20, 2011 at 10:30 am

Nicely said. One shouldn’t be asked to be “talked down” then get into high dudgeon when attempts are made to do that. Reacting before an action just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

• 69 Doris
        August 19, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Keith, I have known you for a long time on the blogs and love you and your compassion, but I agree, please stop with the name calling. It takes away from the tone of this blog. We are mostly women here and I for one am offended at some of your references. Thanks.

• 70 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
          August 19, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Sorry Doris. I can get a little carried away. Please forgive me and I hope Askew forgives me. Maybe I am one of the “BLIND ALLEGIANCE CROWD” that DTTM is referring to. It just angers me when supporters say they will stop supporting the President over one darn issue when he is has addressed so many issues in our country. It just infuriorates me to no end that folks can lose focus over one topic/issue and be disaffected. I work on looking at the complete picture when it comes to agendas, politics, and public servants. Thanks for your post and informing me on how I sometimes make you feel. Love all of you all. :) Obama/Biden 2012!!

• 72 sam uk obama supporter
      August 19, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I wouldn’t take a huge amount of notice of the British press, ESPECIALLY the telegraph or the mail, both far right wing media. The Telegraph has been anti-Obama since day one. There is so much more I would like to say but shall refrain out of respect for everyone else on this blog.

• August 19, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Askew, who are you. if you are not down for President Obama take your tired behind 2nd guessing to another site.

• 77 GGail
      August 19, 2011 at 8:43 pm

askew – your statements are very telling about your support and belief in President Obama.

• 78 nathkatun7
      August 19, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Why are you citing these sources as if they were more credible than the President? Why not wait, before being outraged, for actual policy announcements from the President? Personally, I don’t find the assertion “Americans will stay in Afghanistan until 2024.” to be credible. So, there is no need for me to start being outraged and telling the President that if such and such happens “I am done” supporting him. But I guess to each his own.

August 19, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Perry has these easy promises in his back pocket, at least:
    1. The check’s in the mail.
    2. I’ll respect you in the morning.
    3. I’m from Bank of America and we’ll help you out.

If this James Mahoney character weren’t on the B of A board in New England, he might have gotten a reprimand in his personnel folder back at Bank of America for speaking on behalf of the entire institution. Oh, wait, corporations are people, so now I’m confused.

7. 80 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
    August 19, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Why am I not able to poost?

8. 83 Titti
    August 19, 2011 at 6:26 pm

They are laying people off and they want to fling money at this loser?

• 84 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
      August 19, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Thanks God I don’t bank at Bank of America. Simply nauseating. God Help Us if Perry gets the nomination. :shock:

9. August 19, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Heh, then BofA has got their work cut for them then. Because old Rick is gonna need a lot of help. Somebody get the coloring books and crayons!

10. 87 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
    August 19, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Okay guys. WHoooh I had not been able to post for a few hours. I was scared that Chips banned me or something. LOL! That being said I called Maxine Water’s office and gave them an earfull. I talked to her rep. When I get more time I will give ya’ll more details on our conversation. :) I’m at work. KEEP HOPE ALIVE)! Obama/Biden 2012!!

• August 19, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Thank you, Keith! Here’s a link to letter from a constituent of Rep Barbara Lee that is full of accomplishments by PBO and his Team and what they’ve done for the People including Black People.

I just read that a radio guy named Joe Madison read it on his show..it must be getting around!

• August 19, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Sorry I forgot the linky.. http://democratsforprogress.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8589&pid=53734#pid53567

A snip..

“President Obama has assisted all Americans, which includes African-American workers, by providing a payroll tax reduction (beneficial to workers who may or may not pay income tax), extended unemployment benefits, kept income tax low for the working class, and signed financial reform into law (which benefits our community largely because minorities were especially hard hit by the subprime mortgage crisis). There is also the up and coming Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which promises to be on the side of consumers, and we as black people are certainly that!

I cannot forget that the first black president increased military pay and improved veterans’ health care, is drawing down troops in Iraq, and has set a timeline for our departure from Afghanistan.

Lastly, President Obama instituted reform of crack cocaine sentencing, and the deadly killer, the tobacco industry. And – lo and behold – black farmers were recently finally awarded their long awaited settlement!”

11. 90 Doris
    August 19, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Al needs to STOP!!!! LOL. Call’em out Al. I love this man. :D

August 19, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Love the bozo who just quoted Emma Lazarus and said the “huddled masses” are moving to Texas because there’s work there.

Rev. Al’s streamer says the TX jobs rate is 26th in the U.S. He took him down! Now, where’s that popcorn?

12. 94 ChristiMtl
    August 19, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I feel like I’m on DK all of the sudden. I’m not use to this in here.

• 95 utaustinliberal
      August 19, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I’m with you Christi. The whole we’re staying in Afghanistan until 2024. 2024? 2024? That’s just plain nuts and ridiculous. It’s so unfounded and filled with lies. The article says we’re making a pact with Afghanistan to stay there until 2024. This is just another piece of drivel for the PL and Firebaggers to fundraise, bitch, and whine about President Obama “breaking his promises!” NOTHING he ever does is good enough for them. Nothing! I firmly expect Hamsher, Green, Greenwald, and their insane rabid followers to start using this as another reason to primary President Obama, get on the news and spew lies that President Obama is losing his base, that President Obama doesn’t keep his major promises, that President Obama is a closet republican, that blah blah yadi yada ……….. fill in the blank, with all the fucked up things they’re going to use against him. He’s doing the best he can and instead of his base rallying around him 100%, they’re on the news or on the blogosphere spewing utter nonsense and throwing him under the bus!

• August 19, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Not nuts or ridiculous. There is a difference between being at war, and being on a permanent base at the request of the Afghan Government.

• 97 utaustinliberal
          August 19, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Str, that’s the point I’m trying to make. We can be on a permanent base until 2024 as a residual force, not fighting any war. But the article made it sound as though we were staying in 2024 in continuation of the war. That’s what’s nuts and ridiculous.

• 98 nintendowii10
            August 19, 2011 at 7:49 pm

As much as I don’t want to bring up Grandpa McCain, he made that point in 2008, when he said he wanted to stay in Iraq 100 years or more, that as long as we aren’t facing any combat that would not be a bad policy.

Of course, Grandpa McCain would have done everything possible to ensure we’d not only be in Iraq for 100 years, but continuing the combat and fighting, which is why he got rightfully hammered for making that statement. Politics aside, he made a very good point about maintaining residual forces around the globe, that we actually have many of them dating back to World War II.

• 99 Sue in Minnesota
        August 19, 2011 at 7:35 pm

“If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you”……should be our mantra, a constant reminder.

• August 19, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Rudyard Kipling, Sue!

Waiting a few days until something credible comes directly out of the White House has saved me a lot of angst. That same type of advice coming from people on this board is right on point

And guys, please don’t fight. It ruins the forum, convinces no one, and could lose us some members..

• 101 Sue in Minnesota
            August 19, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Joan did you watch the West Wing Week video posted downline? Tthere is a brief shot of a very beautiful cow….of course it took me back to your story yesterday, and for a very brief moment to a very pastorial setting ,shaded by a beautiful apple tree.

• August 19, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Yes, Sue, was it the light tan heifer? I just got a glimpse of her beautiful color — the same lovely color as Elsie the Cow of Pet Milk fame.

• August 19, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Another thing. Sue. that interested me a lot comes about in the middle when the President has that meal with five small business owners. Among the three people facing the president across the table was a woman over by the wall with a knitted or crocheted cap on the back of her head, covering her hair, in the shape of what I recognized as Mennonite. Am I right? She seemed like a very pleasant person, smiling and laughing with the other small business owners. I wondered what her business is. Goodness, I haven’t seen Mennonites for years, decades, I’ve been so long away from the Pennsylvania area. And I guess they had other groups around in that general direction, too, perhaps Virginia?

• 104 Sue in Minnesota
                August 20, 2011 at 4:34 am

I believe so, I’ll have to do my homework, but the Amana colonies are in Iowa. Wisconsin has a large Amish community. We used to travel to a very small town, Stockholm, Wisconsin on the Mn/Wi border, population 805, give or take. The main street consisted of 5 retail shops and a diner housed in a converted gas station. Fourl sold Amish handcrafts, the fifth was an art gallery. We used to shop for furniture and handmade quilts. My understanding is these communities are very industrious, with very skilled craftsmen/women. I wonder what her business is as well. I noticed her as well and she impressed me as very kind (I am not sure how or why I would think that, but that was my instinct- she looked like a gentle person.)

My sweet cow was at 9:54, not the light tan heifer.

• 105 nintendowii10
        August 19, 2011 at 7:41 pm

To these emoprogs, where the hell were they to yell at President Bush to get us out of Afghanistan?

They seem to have yelled more at President Obama for doing his best to get us out of Afghanistan than they have at President Bush for keeping us there for a decade!!!

Of course the professional left will rant and rave about President Obama being a sellout, and they’ll bring Bradley Manning and Julian Assange back into the limelight as professional heroes… lest we forget how Bradley Manning and Julian Assange leaked classified information that could have put our troops lives in jeopardy, as well as Julian Assange being a rapist. How the professional left supports these people is beyond me!

• August 19, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I came in late to the discussion and reading those hair on fire accusations from above made me think….WTF!

13. August 19, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Not sure if this has been posted already.

Obama Rejects CBC Criticism

August 18, 2011
    By andre

Today President Obama rejected criticism from Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) and the Congressional Black Caucus, who insist that he is ignoring the economic plight of black people. The president indicated in an interview with Richard Wolf of USA TODAY and Justin Hyde of the Detroit Free Press that it would not be wise for him to only focus on the troubles of African-Americans in the recession. “I will tell you that I think the most important thing I can do for the African-American community is the same thing I can do for the American community, period, and that is get the economy going again and get people hiring again,” the president said. In further stressing a broader view the president said: “I think it’s a mistake to start thinking in terms of particular ethnic segments of the United States rather than to think that we are all in this together and we are all going to get out of this together.”

• 108 dotster
      August 19, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Thank you President Obama. Thank you for being smart. You are exactly right here.

• 109 nospin
      August 19, 2011 at 7:18 pm

good for him.

• 110 Doris
      August 19, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Thank your Mr. President. Your wisdom and leadership abounds.

• 111 Sue in Minnesota
        August 19, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Waters is status quo politics, she should take a few cues from the President…it would serve us all in the long run.

• August 19, 2011 at 11:27 pm

NO NO…SHE AND A FEW MORE NEED TO RETIRE…TIME FOR SOME 21ST CENTURY CONGRESS FOLKS WHO WANT TO UPLIFT THE AMERICAN COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE AND NOT DEVIDE US!!!!

• 113 Sue in Minnesota
            August 20, 2011 at 4:56 am

She may be incapable of change…America as a whole seems to be struggling with it, despite it’s 2009 arrival, and daily demonstration by our President of how Washington and America can work in a new way.

I hear you, I just thought she mishandled the politics of the event. She could have reinforced what the President has accompolished, educated the people on who is obstructing progress, taught them how to engage directly, and told them what she was going to do on their behalf. I agree we need to think collectively…even when an issue does not immediately impact me, I know utimately it bears either a social benefit or a social cost. I doubt very much that our President is interested in enabling anyone, but he is interested in true equality and true opportunity, and in return personal responsiblity including civic engagement.

• 114 nintendowii10
      August 19, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Good for President Obama!!! He effectively told Maxine Waters to sit her bitch ass down and shut the FUCK UP!!!!

• 115 prettyfoot58
        August 19, 2011 at 7:51 pm

i do not like her being called a bitch….that offends me

• 116 nathkatun7
          August 19, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I agree with you prettyfoot58! We can criticize without calling names. Congresswoman Waters may have unfairly attacked the President, but she is still a respected leader in the Black community.

• 117 prettyfoot58
      August 19, 2011 at 7:49 pm

i agreet that he should not ONLY focus on the plight of Black America….but i think that

the problems of the minority community are GREATER than the problems of mainstream community…and require special attention…

the average imcome is lower…the unemployment is higher….health issues are greater……and poverty is greater…i do agree that when he helps the general he helps all….but i think that the minority communities need extra help….

because we are not on an even playing field….

Blacks are still last hired and first fired…they are still discriminated against in the work place in terms of promotion…black businesses still have a harder time getting loans….and the list goes on…

so i say a BOLD jobs bill…helps the economy in general….(9.1%) unemployment)..is necessary..but more help will be needed…..to reduce unemployment (17.1%) in the Black Community….

• 119 prettyfoot58
          August 19, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Thank you Jacqueline …for the link….

cause altho he did say that we are all in this together…that link shows that he understands the need for special help…

i saved that link….

• 120 utaustinliberal
            August 19, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Thanks for the link Jacqueline. Just saved it and tweeted it to Maxine Waters and the CBC. Their lies about PBO have to be called out with every fact based resource at our fingertips.

• 121 EDP4BHO
        August 19, 2011 at 8:31 pm

The problem with formulating a jobs bill specific to the AA community is, most AAs work for white people. Therefore, to produce more work for black folks, means to produce same for white folk. Also, we AAs need to try and take advantage of some of the SBA loans out there. A Philly bank just received five million dollars for exactly this purpose. I like what a long ago caller said once….that the President needs to focus locally to affect a national agenda on employment. In other words, enable local officials to offer their constituents ways to start and grow businesses, thus enabling local employment opportunities. Lo and behold, this is exactly what PBO is doing, if only people would pay attention. Temple University here in Philly just held a summit on entrepreneurship in conjunction with the White House. It is up to all of our local elected officials to empower their constituents with this information. Isn’t this what we elected them for, after all?

• August 19, 2011 at 11:42 pm

THIS IS WHAT I AM SAYING…OUR PRESIDENT IS TRYING SO HARD TO LIFT US UP…TO EMPOWER US..I SEE THE CBC AS JUST OUT DATED AND PRETTY MUCH LAZY….THEY DONT WANNA DO THE WORK FOR THE PEOPLE…ONLY LOOKING FOR GOV HANDOUTS…..WE AS A PEOPLE DO DESERVE BETTER!!!! HE IS PUTTING THE RESOURCES RIGHT IN FRONT OF US…NOW WHAT WE GONNA DO???? KEEP COMPLAINING…ITS GETTING OLD…AND THE CBC IS OLD TOO!!!
          IVE HAD IT WITH THEM!!!! DAMN,POINT THE PEOPLE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION…PLEASE!!!!

• 123 GGail
        August 19, 2011 at 8:58 pm

As someone who lives in the black community here in Los Angeles, I have to say that I’m very disappointed in how so many of our disadvantaged are that way because they don’t value the benefits of education in high school and therefore don’t complete HS or go beyond HS or Community College or Trade School. There are three young (age 22-28) women in my apartment complex who have two babies each and one just completed her GED last year. Employment – no.

Yes, we want a hand-up, not a hand-out. Education will help the unemployed in the Black Community.

• 124 dotster
        August 19, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Education is still the great equalizer. I know it’s easier said than done, with many extenuating circumstances, but that should be the goal. Making school important, success in school, is the #1 best thing parents can do for their children—–and love them, of course. Unemployment is below 5% for college graduates, black and white alike. I was a teacher, my daughter teaches now. And we agree— without exception, the kids who have parents who care about their education are the ones who excel—-and go on to college etc. etc. etc. and are less likely to have to struggle. In my mind it’s the whole deal.

• 126 nospin
        August 19, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I agree that AAs are affected affected however, In order to see any real dent in increasing employment today, we need jobs created at the State and Local level. Not sure what much else the Obama Administration can do especially as it relates specifically for the plight of unemployment for black folk when all Americans are suffering. This is where we raise our collective voices and call on Congress and our representatives.

“i think that the minority communities need extra help”

and this is where the Pell Grants, the education and job training (i.e. green technology) programs, pushing for shovel ready jobs with construction, making it easier for folks to start and succeed in becoming business owners helps. The minority communities will certainly benefit from those programs. Outside of that . . . issues with AAs will take more time to solve, more resources than are available and frankly PO cannot/should not address it all. We have to step up the game and continue to work through some of these issues with our local officials, Congress and with ourselves.

• 128 GGail
      August 19, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Thank you COS for posting this. This is the gist of my email to Maxine Waters.

• August 19, 2011 at 11:52 pm

Thank you, COS for that link! I passed it on to another site on the Maxine Waters thread. That looks like a good site..”Real Deal Talk”!

14. August 19, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I am so disgusted with the Democrats. They wouldn’t know how to stand behind someone if the directions were painted on the person’s back. I cannot even imagine not having President Obama as our President. The outlook for the future would be very poor.

• 131 nintendowii10
      August 19, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Debbie Wasserman Shultz and Nancy Pelosi will bring the Democrats back in line.

And of course, with President Obama being the big name on the ballot next year, it would be political suicide for any Democrat to stand against the President. We saw how that worked out for Alan Grayson, Anthony Wiener, and Russ Feingold: all three out of a job.

Heck I was reading on TPV where Feingold was saying we have to support PBO. so when are the professional left going to call Feingold an Obamabot and a corporatist sellout?

• August 20, 2011 at 1:49 am

ITS WAY TIME FOR A SHAKE-UP…NEED SOME NEW BLOOD AND LEADERSHIP IN THE ‘BLACK CAUCUS’!!!!

15. 133 AJ
    August 19, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Excuse me, just posting a quick note testing my new laptop. Please ignore this. Chips and ev1, my apologies.

16. 134 Doris
    August 19, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Keith, I wanted to make this a separate post.

17. 135 Uche
    August 19, 2011 at 8:03 pm

What’s very worrying is the sneaky,mafioso style that the message was dropped for Perry…..just whispered it to him and continued on his way without breaking stride!. Thank goodness Mellisa Perry is show-casing this now.

• August 19, 2011 at 8:21 pm

The very slick and practiced way of explaining it away doesn’t set too well with me, either. In fact, it makes me more suspicious than I was before.

• 137 EDP4BHO
      August 19, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Yes, unfortunately, when I turned her on, she was asking is Sarah Palin a good role model for women. Okay ! Yep, sure !

• 138 Chi
        August 20, 2011 at 3:16 am

The false equivalency thing again…

• 139 Chi
          August 20, 2011 at 3:23 am

Meant to add EDP4BHO that there is this painful need to not be seen as defending liberal women alone even when the GOP women do not identify with the feminists who drive these conversations…

The segment and exercise was entirely unnecessary…

The sort that leaves one wondering what the point of the exercise was…

• 140 Sue in Minnesota
        August 20, 2011 at 5:04 am

Hell no…..and anyone that suggests so should check themselves. There is nothing worthy of emulation, or respect….I try to be compassionate, because I believe she is a seriously ill person, but when no one around her cares enough to intervene and she is allowed to carry on as she does without challenge….I can not muster any for her. I think she is a disgrace and a national embarrassment.

18. August 19, 2011 at 8:29 pm

What smarm. Didn’t even look at him. Trying to sneak. Funny how it all comes out. God doesn’t like ugly, Rick Perry. You, since you’re such a christian, should know that.

19. 142 GGail
    August 19, 2011 at 8:33 pm

“The reference was about following up on the substance of the speech about job creation and economic growth. Discussing policy issues that affect our company and our customers is something we do with policymakers of both parties routinely at the local, state, and Federal levels.”

If this is the “truth”, then why aren’t they making this statement to President Obama, or on the floor of Congress – where assistance in job creation and economic growth is really needed.

Sounds to me like this statement was made to help a candidate get a leg up on the current Administration. IMHO

20. 143 carolyn
    August 19, 2011 at 10:04 pm

You know what…..all these things happening this year is a good thing! So much better than happening next year. Can you even remember what we were upset about a year ago? I can’t.
    Bring Rick Perry into the light where what he does can be seen…listen to the rumors, but don’t believe them….that way you know what the President is up against. Remember how everyone was so upset because Newt Gingrich got a whole hour on MTP? Well, that hour buried him for good. He was so stupid and people saw him for what he is, that he totally tanked. I keep saying, to quote Justice Brandeis: “Sunlight is the best antiseptic.”
    Perry will not be able to withstand the 24/7 scrutiny. He has never faced anything like this before. He rarely even campaigned in Texas, didn’t get out to meet people. That event in New Hampshire was funny. Those people aren’t putting up with him.
    I am older than anybody else on this blog, I’m sure, and I have learned to believe only about 30% of what I hear…..30% of what I read, and 70% of what I see!
    How could President Obama sign an agreement to stay in Afghanistan until 2024??? He doesn’t have authority that far ahead. That’s 13 years away…..he’s not going to tie the hands of future presidents like his hands were tied by Bush. He is not that kind of man.
    Have a restful weekend and don’t let the emoprogs and teabaggers get you down! We have the right man in President Obama. Remember he is in the long game. One commenter I read said that he is doing things the way the Freedom Marchers did. Keeping his dignity and self-possession, and letting the accusers show themselves for what they are. These people don’t know what to do with him. They will throw everything they can think of at him, and he will smile, stay possessed ande continue to function. As this commenter said, the young people at the Woolworth’s counter didn’t get served the first time, or the second time, but they did get served, and laws were changed.
    I remember the white cops beating up on young people and using firehoses, and the white high school students jeering at Little Rock High School. Who looked good…….the self possessed, dignified AA young people and the college folks who stood with them, not the thuggish cops and spitting high school kids.Eventually that message got through to people. This is not a short game we’re engaged in. We are in this for the future of our country, and I’m in it for my grandchildren!!!

21. August 19, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Hi TOD-ers, the POTUS and family are finally getting a chance to relax together (I hope) with friends, which signals to me a little bit of a calm before the next round goes into effect. Sure hope that this turns out to be a truly restful time for them!

Joan mentioned upthread that fighting could ‘lose us members’, and it reminded me of something that I also think could lose us potential members, and I need your help. Since being adopted into this family I’ve gotten to ‘know’ a lot of its members, and I know that we are all adults. We have college students, young adults, retirees, job seekers, parents, grandparents, etc. etc. etc. – a very varied and far spreading group of people, but all adults making their own decisions. Despite our differences, I KNOW that we all want to see this President leading America and the world through 2016 and EVERY vote counts. This pause within the political storm seems like a time to voice, within the family, a request that I think could open our very welcoming doors here at TOD even wider. Could we PLEASE tone down the swearing? We never seemed to be so gratuitous with it in our ‘earlier’ days, yet as we become more comfortable with each other it seems to be more and more prevalent. No, I’m not setting up to be the language police, AND I’m not pointing fingers at ANYONE! I’m just asking us as a pro-Obama family to consider another potential audience for whom our easy use of certain words might be a deterrent to information gathering. Let me explain, please.

Many of us have said that one of the things we like about this space is that it gives us a place to rest from the battle craziness out there. MANY HAVE MENTIONED SHARING THIS SITE INFO AND ENCOURSGING OTHERS TO JOIN IN AND BE RENEWED. I believe that there are moral (Christian? Muslim, Baha’i, or whatever)* young people (and some not so young) of different political persuasion who also seek places of political repose where they can be informed with facts. People whose political savvy, I believe, would increase from being exposed to the truth as shared here at TOD, but who might be hesitant to return because of the language that sometimes creeps in and hangs around. Now it could be said that if they don’t like it they could leave, but IMO that somewhat defeats our purpose, as our intent is to reach another vote, and another vote, and another vote for PBO, AND a ‘religious’ vote, or a shy vote works as effectively as an outspoken vote. ;) My point is that if we are trying to reach as many people as possible with the accomplishments and patriotic honesty of PBO then we can consider restraining some elements that might hinder that process, even though they may be gratifying for the moment. We have all expressed love for the Obamas. A good barometer for me has been the question, ‘As an adult who LOVES the Obama girls, would I be comfortable if Malia logged onto this site at any given moment?’ We have been told that she is a very mature young lady. My answer has often been ‘no’** and it often has to do with the way we express ourselves. [Funny enough, I’m not referencing our family’s appreciation for the President’s physical form. ;)] Is this something we could consider toning down as a family? IMO it would be a shame to let our language, merited though it may seem at times, turn off a seeker of truth/information about the President if they get as far as our terrific site.

*No, I’m not intending to insinuate that to be ‘moral’ you have to have religion – I don’t want a religious vs secular debate.

**Full exposure, my answer is probably ‘no’ because I still haven’t been able to give my son this site address even though he is very interested in politics, is a voting age teenager, and I’ve read very informative, insightful information here. I have shared some posts with him, but have been unwilling to answer the question as to why I’m so often on a site where several users use inappropriate language. (I’ve explained once that it’s just an aberration in the article I was sharing, however he’s been asking more frequently about the sites I visit for so long each day). He tends to be very, very literal and a follower of rules. Where I can pass over this stuff, for him it would sidetrack the real message. I don’t believe that he is alone in this, so my request is, Can we tone it down as we go into the next ‘season’ of politics and try to bring others into the pro-Obama fold? As the full campaign season builds, I’d love for my son (and other like-minded nerds or ‘serious’ youth/adult) to be more fully involved ON HIS OWN LAPTOP instead of peaking over my shoulder periodically and asking ‘what are you reading?’ while I hesitate to share..

• 146 Sue in Minnesota
      August 20, 2011 at 5:13 am

I hear you, my language could certainly stand improvement.

• August 20, 2011 at 8:31 pm

vcprezofan2, I agree with everything you say about language, but I think you ought to give your son the Obama Diary address and tell him,
      “brace yourself, people get excited!” just in case. Did you say he was a voting teenager? Then perhaps he’s 18? I think he could take it better than this 81 year old could if I were a brand new blog reader, especially in my visits to the Orange Satan.

The thing is, have you ever listened to the boys in a school playground? I’ve lived in this Mormon valley fill of Sunday School attending boys in their early teens for 47 years and believe me, they could make anyone’s ears curl up and disappear inside her skull

22. 148 a4alice
    August 19, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Carolyn thanks for your words. I am going to remember this: “I have learned to believe only about 30% of what I hear…..30% of what I read, and 70% of what I see.” That is a good and pragmatic approach to many things in life. May I also add to listen to that tiny little voice inside your head/heart. I can’t tell you how many times in my life I didn’t and I ran into a brick wall. When I did, things worked out. Also you are right about changing your perspective and looking toward the fuure. Well enough of me yacking. Hey everyone. Peace.

Thanks chipsticks

l8r

23. 149 conlakappa
    August 20, 2011 at 10:19 am

Cute. Policy = lobbying. And if he’s clocking hours doing lobbying, he should bother to register. Or do we assume that otherwise miscreant BofA is lying [perish the thought!] about him not being registered as a lobbyist?