Aug

mark knoller: 44 plays 9 rounds of golf after causing 5.9 earthquake

Okay, Knoller didn’t tweet that …. yet.

President Barack Obama plays golf with Vernon Jordan, Marvin Nicholson and Eric Whitaker, Aug. 23, at Farm Neck Golf Club in Oak Bluffs

President Obama speaks on the phone after the earthquake that was felt in many areas along the country’s east coast

President Obama on Tuesday was updated on the earthquake that occurred in Virginia via a conference call with officials. Here’s the statement from White House spokesman Josh Earnest:

At 2:50 p.m. EDT this afternoon, the President led a conference call with DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano, White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley, National Security Advisor Tom Donilon, Homeland Security Advisor John Brennan, FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate, Senior Science Advisor for Earthquake and Geologic Hazards with the Department of Interior Dr. David Applegate, Nuclear Regulatory Commission Chairman Greg Jaczko, Deputy Homeland Security Advisor Heidi Avery, and Deputy National Security Advisor Denis McDonough to discuss the earthquake and status of critical infrastructure.

The President was told that there are no initial reports of major infrastructure damage, including at airports and nuclear facilities and that there were currently no requests for assistance. The President asked for regular updates on the situation. The President also was provided an update on preparations for Hurricane Irene by Secretary Napolitano and Administrator Fugate.

48 Responses to “mark knoller: 44 plays 9 rounds of golf after causing 5.9 earthquake”

1. August 23, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Has Knoller redeemed himself with that joke?

2. 6 MTmarilyn
    August 23, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I would not be surprised if he tweeted something like that. Don’t you know everything is Obama’s fault.

3. August 23, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Anyone know who is the big guy?

4. 12 ChristiMtl
    August 23, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Good one Chips! I was just about to send him another angry tweet lol.

5. August 23, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Ha, good one chips… I haven’t dumped Marc from my twitter yet.. mostly because I enjoy giving him shit, he’s such a wee dick ;)

6. 15 Sue in Minnesota
    August 23, 2011 at 3:26 pm

You know someone, somewhere will blame him. Guess they have superimposed God like powers onto him.

I just want to say, I really really appreciate the 2nd photo….I don’t ususally go there, but damn, hard to ignore the evidence. What fine form you have Mr. President.

August 23, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Hahahahaha :lol: :lol: Good one Chips. Maybe Knoller might not tweet that, but I bet Fox News will blame President Obama in 4…3…2…1

August 23, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Wolf Blitzer wanted to know exactly what the President was doing, and whether he will cut his vacation short for the quake. On Twitter some people are jokingly mocking the CT’s who might say that the earthquake happened when President Obama was conveniently out of town. The Dow also seemed to have jumped since the quake. All Obama’s doing.

• August 23, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Leslie should STHU and get a life that doesn’t revolve around the lives of others. The guy’s an idiot.
        ps- hey hopefruit, how’s it going?

• August 23, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Why would the President cut his vacation short, thank God the quake was nothing bad. These media jackasses are something else. Hay Wolf, the it rain today, I wonder if the President will cut his vacation short. Hay Wolf, the sun shine today, do you think the President will cut his vacation short?

8. 21 edp4bho
    August 23, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Well, we all know catastrophe seems to occur when PBO vacations…./snark sort of. Really, my President can’t have one trouble, worry-free vacation to just BE ! Praying for him daily. And I am trying hard to keep my feelings in control with all of these news media. I really am hating the environment right now. Can’t wait until after 2012……I will be on a permanent hiatus from politics.

• 22 Sue in Minnesota
      August 23, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I’m sticking with it as long as we have a voice….if the Republicans take over….I’m either going underground to join a revolution or I am leaving this country. It is very difficult for those amongst us that value the qualities of life that are beyond money and or power

I think we have to keep encouraging others to recognize and turn away from our MSM….I just wrote Phil Griffin at MSNBC, thanked him for giving Reverand Sharpton a permanent time slot. I had lots to say in addition. I really believe the MSM is making a serious mistake by not addressing their credibility issues. They are motivated by their bottom line, but I see that could easily fall out from under them if they continue with their current programming philosopy.

• 24 lmrj
        August 23, 2011 at 9:31 pm

With the internet reporting in real time and giving a variety of options, the MSM will go by way of print news. I really don’t know any 20somethings who actually watch the MSM. They’re all on their phones on using social media and linking to what’s happening.

• 25 Sue in Minnesota
          August 23, 2011 at 10:27 pm

That’s why I think they are on the road to extinction, hastened by their lack of journalistic credibility. Reality TV has immersed itself into every form of media. Unfortunately a healthy and well informed Democracy relies on accurate, factual information. The MSM makes me more angry than some of our inept politicians, although not by much.

9. 26 edp4bho
    August 23, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Does anyone recall negative comments made by Vernon Jordan about PBO during the campaign? Just thought I’d heard or read something about his non-support.

• 27 zizi
      August 23, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Actually Jordan was a quiet secret supporter of PBO because of his niece Valerie Jarrett. He had to maintain his allegiance to the Clintons. Word has it that he was one of those who advised PBO when he was contemplating a run for the White House

August 23, 2011 at 3:34 pm

The $64 000 question on every reporter’s mind is whether President Obama felt the quake.

As Tweeted by AngryBlackLady:

“I can’t report that Obama felt the quake, but I can report that reporters did. Everyone is individual.” -Andrea Mitchell, Ace Reporter “

• 29 Ladyhawke
      August 23, 2011 at 3:52 pm

We should prepare ourselves for the inevitable OPTICS stories. One of jackals will surely ask Press Secretary Jay Carney about the optics of President Obama having a working vacation in Martha’s Vineyard while large swaths of the country were dealing with a 5.9 earthquake. Surely the White House should have anticipated the opposition taking Tripoli and the earthquake. What will people think??? (snark)

• 30 Sue in Minnesota
        August 23, 2011 at 5:57 pm

You would think by now, after the situation in Libya, the security meetings, the meetings with business executives, dealing with the follow up with this earthquake…..finally, will someone in the media confess, there truly no such thing as a vacation for our President. The meme is like 3 day old garbage…it stinks.

• 31 HZ
          August 23, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Sue, where will that person come from? I do not believe that there petty little minds will ever allow them to do such a decent thing during this President’s Presidency. NEVER. Their hearts are too small to carry round with them the goodness of the heart and actions of President Barack H. Obama. ‘Walk On, walk on, with hope in your heart, and you’ll never walk alone, You’ll never walk alone.” That is my theme song for this President. Remember the song: ‘ You’ll Never Walk Alone.’ Heck, I am going to go to my musicroom/library and play and sing as loud as I can the song right now for my President and all of my TOD Family members. Listen. Love you all. HZ

• 32 Sue in Minnesota
            August 23, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Oh HZ I love you, and yes sometimes I tell myself to quit asking for the improbable, waiting for the MSM to do the right thing.

Barbara Streisand sings that song so heart wrenchingly beautiful. We played lots of music for Mom, in her last days especially, she was preparing herself to go home to God and I know the music comforted both of us. That was one of the songs, also Somewhere, there were many. The energy of music is so powerful and so healing.

So sing loud HZ, I’ll be listening, if I sang you would be telling me to “shut my mouth”, tone deaf…but I’ll be listening,

• 33 Uche
      August 23, 2011 at 5:46 pm

PBO has shock-absorbers….he doesn’t feel quakes!

11. August 23, 2011 at 3:43 pm

been locked in a clinic in the basement of our psych building all day. didn’t know about the quake. had to google it. The report I read said there were injuries but no deaths—thank God.
    ps- nice one Ms. CHips. Of course Knoller will be tweeting it tonight.

12. 35 carolyn
    August 23, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Actually, I don’t think Mark Knoller will dare tweet that today. You all did a solid pre-emptive strike.

13. August 23, 2011 at 4:34 pm

This poor man NEVER gets a rest!

14. 37 rikyrah
    August 23, 2011 at 4:39 pm

it’s the Vineyard. Knew Vernon Jordan would appear, sooner or later

15. August 23, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Um, I seem to recall that his last vacation to Hawaii was trouble free. Did I miss something?

• August 23, 2011 at 6:17 pm

P, We are alright , thank God. But we are keeping up with the path of the hurricane Irene.

• 40 Sue in Minnesota
      August 23, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Bp spilled in April 2009 right. The attempted terrorist attack was his first Christmas vacation.
      I think the lead up to this last Christmas was dramasville, with the extension of tax cuts and unemployment benefits,, and the repeal of DADT. Tien Le you are right we should be accurate in our laments.

• August 23, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Sue, sorry for being stupid, but when I first read your comment I thought it said: “Bo spilled in April 2009.”

I thought you had some evidence that Bo peed on the Oval Office rug back then.

Time for:

:oops:

• 42 Sue in Minnesota
          August 23, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I don’t think Bo would ever do that, but if he did, I hope he peed on Bush’s carpet. :shock:

Tell me about problems with eye sight. I’ve been trying to get back to my art projects that have been put aside these last 2 years…..Problem is I can no longer see. Cheaters only work for a very slim few inches, and then everything is wacked. Guess I need trifocals….that just makes me feel old. :sad:

I do like those specs though! Always liked strong frames on women, I think they look authoritative, smart and that I think is sexy!

16. 43 P
    August 23, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Hope everyone in our family who lives in the East coast are safe!

17. 44 The fapper
    August 23, 2011 at 5:44 pm

How dare he with an Earthquake and a Hurricane on the way. Has he no shame! ;)

18. 45 SarahT
    August 23, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Some stuff from Twitter (courtesy Gawker.com) : “John McCain is suspending his campaign until this earthquake thing is under control.”; “I think Chris Christie just jumped into the race.”

And a commment on Balloonjuice.com :
    BGinCHI – August 23, 2011 | 3:36 pm – Politico headline: “Lazy Negro Vacations While East Coast Suffers With Broken Glassware”

• 46 Sue in Minnesota
      August 23, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Chris Christie jumped? So now we know who’s really to blame! Didn’t think the skiny guy could have had that kind of impact, even though some act as if he’s God.

19. 47 Pamela
    August 23, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Dear Mr. President – really MUST you look so so cool, even while on vcation? ESPECIALLY whle on vacation! ( I know, I know, he just can’t help it!)

20. 48 Titti
    August 24, 2011 at 6:43 am

Glad to hear that there was no serious damage or deaths. Must have been frightening, didn’t know the East Coast had earthquakes 8-O