Aug

Powerlifting:

Power-walking:

Ballroom dancing:

Rodent-taming:

Winning:

;-)

66 Responses to “flashback …. a good sport”

1. 1 a4alice
    August 24, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Love it! :-) thx chips nite all
    L8R

2. August 24, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Thanks for everything Chipsticks. You keep us happy and comforted. Good night everyone.

3. August 24, 2011 at 11:25 pm

STRENGTH AND HONOR SIR!!!!
    OBAMA/BIDEN 2012…YES WE CAN…AGAIN!!!!

4. 4 Doris
    August 24, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Yep, we’re blessed. :D Thanks Chips for letting us know how much.

5. 5 GGail
    August 24, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Ooooooo Chipsticks! you’ve added some new ones!!!!! Man oh man is that man talented (sigh). Thanks Chipsticks, I needed these warm and fuzzy photo’s tonight. His form in the ocean is just perfffect. The joy on their faces in the snow. Wonderful memories for us as well as for their family.

August 24, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Okay. Well. Uh. I’m totally, totally speechless now. But I’ll try to eek out a few words, since you’ve gone to so much trouble.

That was the best and brightest pictorial I’ve ever seen online.

There are no favorites, but the funniest for me was seeing the city slicker as he tried to tame the cow.

Thanks, Chips, for gathering all of these sterling images together for us. All keepers. As are you.

August 24, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Go on Mr. President. Carry on Mr. President. Keep on keeping on Mr. President. We have your back, Sir! :)

Thanks Chipsticks! You’re the best.

8. August 24, 2011 at 11:38 pm

It just keeps getting better. Thanks, Chips.

August 24, 2011 at 11:43 pm

There are just so many to choose from, but one of my favorites is the “hurling” pic with my oh so handsome President upfront and SS Joe “Daddy-Warbucks” Clancy in the background :)

• 12 Doris
      August 24, 2011 at 11:52 pm

“Prize-Fighting” is my favorite. Knockout all the haters Mr. President!

• August 25, 2011 at 6:45 am

Alot of the pictures are so nice, but one of my favorite is the one of Barack and Michelle’s hand together, thumb wrestling.

• August 25, 2011 at 6:50 am

When you’re dealing with all the B.S. that POTUS is dealing with, you have to have that special someone who’s there for you regardless. And I do believe FLOTUS is there for him that is another reason why I have so much confidence in him to do the job and do it well.

August 24, 2011 at 11:57 pm

I love it!! Thank you, Chips…I’ll have sweet dreams tonight…what a wonderful way to end my day. See you all tomorrow. Bright and early (4:30am PDT)

11. 16 HZ
    August 25, 2011 at 12:31 am

Chipsticks, I know that this is my second family for sure. I needed this goodnight eyes-full of pure delights to remind me of the beautiful hardworking, focus, strong, gentle, fun, calmness, keeper of the little ones, peacemaker, great father, and honorable hubby to a beautiful and bright wonderful lady. We are so blessed, and we are equally blessed to have you, Chips. I love and appreciate all of your efforts each and everyday. Have a wonderful and peaceful evening. Love you back with heart and soul.HZ

12. 17 Walking_on_ Sunshine
    August 25, 2011 at 12:52 am

This is wonderful. I love all of them. “pocket battleships” hehe! :)

I love the basketball pic where he is suspended in the air. Looks like he’s floating.

Night TODers! Sweet dreams!

13. 18 Betsy
    August 25, 2011 at 1:04 am

Awesome pictoral. Thanks so much Chipsticks. Have a good night.

14. 19 JojoRaze
    August 25, 2011 at 1:12 am

Love the one that says “TaekwonDo” where the little girl is hugging the President for dear life. Her face just says “I love you President Obama and I’m never letting you go!” And the president’s face just says “Um, that’s tight grip there, young lady.”

15. 21 Sue in Minnesota
    August 25, 2011 at 1:57 am

This is such good medicine….thanks Chipsticks for your wit and your enormously creative talent. This should be sent to our President, he’ll get the message loud and clear that we know a gem when we see one.

I have been like an addicted fool these last two days, barely leaving this site. Tomorrow I start my 12 step program….the first step admitting that I have a problem……so here goes My name is Sue from Minnesota I am a TOD addict i admit that I am powerless over the Obama Diary and that my life here has been intellectually stimulating, visually exciting, and socially rewarding. But my other neglected life awaits with a laundry list of to do’s that I may never see to the end. Have a great day tomorrow …whatever happens I hope it is all GOOD. Don’t let up on the rat bastards in the MSM, they are messing with the wrong crowd. Namaste and Good night all,

• 22 Xtine
      August 25, 2011 at 4:43 am

Nuh-uh, Sue, what’s this 12-step program? Is it Chipsticks 1 to 12? I’m In! :)

• August 25, 2011 at 7:19 am

You’re a hoot Sue!!!!!! :lol: Hey, I don’t want you to recover from your addiction!

• August 25, 2011 at 8:36 am

Good Morning, Everyone!
      Good Morning, Sue in M! Welcome to TOD Anonymous! Like Sue and others I admit that ‘I am powerless over the Obama Diary and that my life here has been intellectually stimulating, visually exciting, and socially rewarding’, and I have to add ‘complete’ and apart from my other life. [Who knew that one could live two 'complete' lives side by side!] Since we are a family that shares information and experiences, I feel it only fair to let you all know that Step 1 – Admitting the Problem can be of long duration, I mean long as in months, or years (I admitted addiction before finding my way to TOD)! Also, I want to share the fact that I am making good progress. I can modestly say that I’m up to Step 3. ;) Each Step is arranged to really help us along. :lol: ‘Step 2 – Admitting the Problem Two’ and ‘Step 3 – Admitting the Problem Again’ make it easier for the truly addicted to make progress. I haven’t peeked into Step 4 so I can’t give any help there, but ‘Best Wishes’ as you make your way through the 12 Step programme!

Have a terrific day, TOD-ers and Mamma Chips! And Chips, thanks so much for being who you are in this community!

16. August 25, 2011 at 2:04 am

Hi my name is Barb and I cosign Sue’s comments in their entirety!

• 29 Sue in Minnesota
      August 25, 2011 at 3:02 am

Hey Barb..glad I am not alone. I’m already worried about falling of the wagon tomorrow. I love this place.

• August 25, 2011 at 3:07 am

LOL…..I know I’ll be back!

• 31 Keith in C-bus, Ohio
        August 25, 2011 at 3:50 am

I am with you Sue. I am in the same 12 step program. :grin: I have been addicted to anything and everything PBO since Febuary of 2008. TOD does not help with any RECOVERY plan that is for sure. :cool:

• 32 prettyfoot58
          August 25, 2011 at 10:38 am

hahahah…Love it….

a day can’t go by…

the insight of HZ…

the anaylysi of UT
          the info of Fred…

the bite of SJr…

the sassiness of ..Tally…

the with of me4….

alllll brought together by…CHIPS

17. August 25, 2011 at 2:50 am

Awesome photos, but also brilliant captions! Can’t believe that weight-lifting photo…how high is that bar!

What a great shot in the head before bed. Thank you so much!

18. August 25, 2011 at 5:07 am

Good Morning Chipsticks,

I love it when you do this.

Of course my favorite has to be cricket! :D

19. 37 Xtine
    August 25, 2011 at 6:10 am

Chipsticks, why are my little comments on hold?

• August 25, 2011 at 7:15 am

Sorry Xtine, only saw your comments know, I was fast asleep! I’ve no idea why your comments didn’t go through automatically, did you sign in with a different email address or something?

• 39 Xtine
        August 25, 2011 at 9:16 am

Hi Chipsticks, you mean you actually sleep! :) I cleared my cookies, maybe that’s why? But did sign in as usual. Thank you so much!

20. 40 mtmarilyn
    August 25, 2011 at 6:13 am

My favorite is the weightlifting. It was taken in April 2008 when he was here at the University of Montana giving a campaign speech. The RIZ you see is the end of GRIZ. We are the GRIZZLIES. I didn’t get to shake his hand but I was close in the audience. It was a great experience. That same week Hilliary Clinton also came to Missoula. The difference in the way both campaign events were run really told me Obama’s approach to running things was who I wanted running the country. His event was smooth and well organized. Hilliary’s was very sloppy.

Thanks for this pictorial. It put a smile on my face.

August 25, 2011 at 11:16 am

Wow – so great to hear these on-the-ground stories, to go with some of the photos! How cool is that.

21. 42 mtmarilyn
    August 25, 2011 at 6:42 am

Just read on twitter Rev Al will be on Morning Joke. Hope someone watches and reports back.

22. 43 LunarSea
    August 25, 2011 at 7:04 am

Jeeze Louise that was fun. Too many favorites to name one. But the funniest were the pocket battleships and rodent-taming that brought up the rear. Good laughs on those Great way to start the day. Thanks

23. August 25, 2011 at 7:10 am

Yea, I liked Rodent Taming too. Some of these are such great pics that I have not seen. Every single one with the babies and kids all have their eyes locked on his. Love his determined look on some……you know he wants to do his best every time. No fooling around.

24. August 25, 2011 at 7:23 am

I woke up on a gray day to see these and wow what a treat!. Perfect way to to make the skies seem blue. Thank you, Chips.

25. 46 zizi
    August 25, 2011 at 7:36 am

Today for the first time in a very long time, I watched Morning Joke. It was tolerable precisely because the two most obnoxious hosts Joke & Mika, were not on. Willie “airhead” Geist hosted it. Rev. Al was great in his quick quips and witty responses. Even the Repug strategist was semi-sane and made all the right noises. I had never seen her before. Everyone concluded that incessant criticisms of the President were bordering on stupid and ridiculous. Question now is how will he overcome the intransigent Congress that does not want to allow anything to be done about the sluggish economy. They were pretty pessimistic. Don’t know who they’ll bring on after the 8:00 hour.

• 48 zizi
      August 25, 2011 at 7:50 am

Ha Chipsticks is the goto gal now. These GOP rags have been trawling our sites to crib news articles instead of doing their own journalism. Chips needs to slap them with a notice to compensate her for lifting her post. :lol:

• August 25, 2011 at 8:20 am

Uggghhhhhhhh!!!!! The blog feels unclean now! Thanks for letting me know aamom :-)

• August 25, 2011 at 9:43 am

Look on the bright side, Ms Chips. (I like your first reaction. ;) ) This might be the start of the education that we want to see spreading to ALL Americans. In following the link to our neighbourhood one or two, or three, readers there might hang around long enough to become more familiar with the real PBO. ;) ‘I have a dream’.

• 52 prettyfoot58
      August 25, 2011 at 10:42 am

my favorite is…Taekwondo

26. 53 Fred
    August 25, 2011 at 7:52 am

good morning ;)

Scott Brown Adviser Admits He’s Behind Dem-Mocking Twitter Feed, Refuses To Apology

Branstad’s veto to shut down Iowa unemployment offices is unconstitutional, lawsuit alleges

shuddup fool :roll:

McCain: I Have ‘Great Confidence’ In Libya’s National Transitional Council
    Sen. John McCain on the BBC said he has “great confidence” in Libya’s national transitional council, saying the opposition force members are largely a trustworthy group.

27. August 25, 2011 at 7:55 am

Honestly, Chipsticks, you’re making art for all of us, healing art, revealing art, with generosity. And what a fine subject you have to generate from. Thank you.

28. August 25, 2011 at 8:50 am

THANK YOU, CHIPSTICKS! I don’t leave comments often, but I visit your WONDERFUL website daily. You have such a delightful sense of humor. God bless you and keep up your good work.

29. August 25, 2011 at 9:04 am

Favorite assemblage and captioning EVAH!! Still laughing and admiring and returning. Thanks for the recap of all these amazing moments, Chips!!

30. 61 JoJothecat
    August 25, 2011 at 10:08 am

Good morning TOD and TOAITR family!

Chips, thank you so much. LOL, Rat Taming is sooooooo true and funny. Loved it! Everyone have a great day!

31. 62 Anonymous
    August 25, 2011 at 11:04 am

Rodent taming (LOL) Love it!!!

32. 63 Obama Grandmama
    August 25, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I loved the pic where the shy little girl had her head down sidesways and our President had his head sideways at the same angle looking at her. So cute and so instinctfully able to relate to kids. Thanks for the boost Chips.

33. August 25, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I love all the pictures you post. Always makes me smile and PROUD!. I especially liked the caption for the Paul Ryan photo – “rodent taming”. LOL

August 25, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Ahhh…. the EPIC pictorials resurrected again. Love it. That “Winning 2012″ really puts a gleam in my eye Chips. Thanks. :D

35. August 26, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Fly swatting and rodent taming were my favorite — am still bent over laughing from those!!

Great photos!